PDA

View Full Version : Lavender Town Song

Missingno
06-19-2012, 01:51 AM
Ok so I made a little game about the Lavender Town theme but first a little story about Lavender Town.

58The Lavender Town Syndrome58

The “Lavender Town Tone” is a bizarre spate of medical cases and deaths from around the country that have been connected to the “Pocket Monsters” (Pokémon) series of games, in particular the first two games of the series, “Red” and “Green”. The first cases of the “Lavender Town Tone” was reported a few months after the release of of “Pocket Monsters Red and Green” for the handheld “Game Boy” videogame console. These videogames were wildly popular with children between the ages of seven and twelve(It is said that only young teens and children can hear these certain “tones”, and fully developed human ears cannot.), which was no doubt one of the reasons why the “Lavender Town Tone” had the level of severity that it did. In the game, the Trainer comes to a small, out-of-the-way place called “Lavender Town”. This town is one of the smallest hamlets in the game, and possesses very few of the services available to the Trainer in every other city in the game – indeed, the location would be unremarkable were it not for the “Pokémon Tower” located there – a colossal building that holds the graves of hundreds of deceased Pokémon. Because of this location in the game, at least two hundred children lost their lives, and many more developed sudden illnesses and afflictons – and this does not consider the vast waves of unreported illnesses or deaths whose cause went unnoticed. It was not until Spring/Summer of 1996 that the cases that would eventually become linked to the Lavender Town Tone began to surface. The earliest record of the acknowledgement of the effects of the Lavender Town. Report made in June 1996 by the company Game Freak Inc. were leaked by one of its former employees, Ms. Satou Harue. In it, an employee gives a list of names, dates and symptoms – records of children between the ages of 7 and 12 who had suffered various medical problems as a result of playing Pocket Monsters Red and Green versions.The document that was circulated internally was the first time that these incidents had been connected with the Pocket Monsters videogames. The predominant symptoms related to what would become known as the “Lavender Town Town” included headaches and migraines, bleeding from eyes and ears, mood swings and irritability, addiction to the games, unprovoked violence, withdrawal and unresponsiveness, and in approximately 67% of cases, suicidal tendencies. However, these symptoms only manifested in children between the ages of 7 and 12 years old who had reached the area in game known as “Lavender Town”, most of whom were revealed to have been wearing headphones or earphones while playing the game. The music used in the release of Pocket Monsters Red and Green was formulated out of an experiment in “binaural beats”: using slightly different frequencies of sound, each frequency played in one ear through earphones or headphones, various psychological effects can be induced upon the listener. In most versions of the first wave releases, this resulted in the player feeling uneasy, apprehensive, and mildly disturbed. However, for upwards of two-hundred children, it provoked a variety of disturbances in the brain that went undetected purely because it was undetectable by fully developed human ears – instead, only children fell victim to the tones , resulting in psychological and physiological problems that in some cases led to death – many of which were suicides.

It made some children die how long can you last? Download the song at the link below!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0sdf1zot1vb8tqn/Pokemon_RG_Japanese_v1.0_Lavender_Shion_Town_Theme _MP3.zip

The Rules
1. You must have earphones or headphones in while listening
2. If you ever stop listening (ex: to answer the phone) you are done

Don't forget to post your time!

I got 30 minutes

Zachgoose
06-19-2012, 07:51 PM
The Lavender Town is great... I've listened to it for several hours before in the past.

However, I prefer the newer version to the original Japanese one... It's a bit easier on the ears because of the strange frequencies that the original one had.

Missingno
06-19-2012, 07:52 PM
The Lavender Town is great... I've listened to it for several hours before in the past.

However, I prefer the newer version to the original Japanese one... It's a bit easier on the ears because of the strange frequencies that the original one had.

Thats why the game involves the original song.

Shadowknight
06-21-2012, 08:40 AM
get the song to play backwards and I warn you to stop listening to it after you hear it.

Missingno
06-22-2012, 06:07 AM
get the song to play backwards and I warn you to stop listening to it after you hear it.

Whats so bad about listening to a song backwards? Well then again it is the Lavender Town theme.