PDA

View Full Version : Hetalia

Patriot
06-20-2012, 05:15 AM
I find a lack of Hetalia thread disturbing.
SO YEAH, let's all talk about the absolute best anime out there! (At least it's one of them)

France is in a homosexual relationship with England, China is a genderbender, Russia is evil, and America is lazy, Italy likes PASTA, Germany is socially awkward, and I dunno about Japan.

Hetalia in a nutshell. (In my perspective.)

Red
06-20-2012, 05:38 AM
Spitty told me to watch Hetalia ages ago. I did and liked it.

ShadowMr.L
06-20-2012, 12:46 PM
Hetalia is amazing. It's so funny. The Great Prussia commanded me too. (Well as well as Red, Spitty and some friends in real life..XDD) I'm still in the process of finishing World Series because I took a break from it and wanted to watch other anime.

Merga
06-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Japan speaks perfect Engrish, and America isn't lazy, he is the hero after all. Prussia, Italy, and Romano are the best characters in the show in my opinion.

Spitfire
06-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Japan speaks perfect Engrish, and America isn't lazy, he is the hero after all. Prussia, Italy, and Romano are the best characters in the show in my opinion.

"MAN UP OR I'LL BEAT YOU WITH MY PEACE PRIZE!" ~Switzerland

"Oh don't be so hard on yourself what about mimes and body odor?" ~England

"Would you guys like to sample some Chinese tasty treat?" ~China

Anyway yes I love this anime, it is horribly funny and it was genius to personify countries as people. I think they did a rather accurate job of most of them as well. Also Italy's ending is best ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW-MA4DEhUU

♏Ա§♪ℂ~
09-13-2012, 10:10 PM
I have watch Hetalia with my friend, but overall it is just an awesome anime

Umbrony
09-13-2012, 10:24 PM
Sounds...

Great. I've only seen one episode(since this thread was made.). Pretty good Anime.

AnimeGryphon
10-07-2012, 03:00 AM
Hetalia is the best anime. Who's everyone's favorite character?
Mines a tie between England and Russia.

Judge Mandolore Shepard
10-07-2012, 04:05 AM
I have never watched this anime, but I have heard it is very good. If I was to ever watch this anime, Germany would probably be my favorite character.

AnimeGryphon
10-07-2012, 05:32 PM
*gasps* You need to watch it! It's awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwtuiahwVbk

Judge Mandolore Shepard
10-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Well it looks like I can buy the Complete series on DVD. I would have to remember to do that sometime.

AnimeGryphon
10-07-2012, 07:17 PM
I will be making a hetalia roleplay thread

Kyoits
10-09-2012, 12:12 AM
I've only watched like 2 episodes and I like America not just because that's where I live but because he is cool but like Patriot said a little lazy and he just has so much energy but mostly uses it when he wants to. China the first time I watched the series he looked like he was gonna be all action and be killing people just by the way he looks and that was not the right thought that I had. Those are my two favorite characters but the other ones are alright but America and China are the best of the series.

Chihaya
10-09-2012, 01:57 AM
Oh, I enjoy Hetalia. I enjoy the concept of characters representing countries and having multiple comedic situations. At the same time, however, the fandom is terrible. I will never go in it. Too many rabid fan girls. Don't get me wrong; there are few communities I may engage in, but... No. ;;

... Sorry. //

Merga
10-09-2012, 02:51 AM
I enjoy the concept of characters representing countries and having multiple comedic situations. At the same time, however, the fandom is terrible.

^This

I've only watched like 2 episodes and I like America not just because that's where I live but because he is cool but like Patriot said a little lazy and he just has so much energy but mostly uses it when he wants to. China the first time I watched the series he looked like he was gonna be all action and be killing people just by the way he looks and that was not the right thought that I had. Those are my two favorite characters but the other ones are alright but America and China are the best of the series.

Trust me. Wait until you get into the Seven Weeks' War in season 3, or "World Series", you will learn to love Prussia.

Shaymin
10-14-2012, 01:58 AM
I've only seen the first 11 episodes (why in the world are the episodes 5 minutes long?) and my friends at school LOVE talking about Hetalia. I'm still not sure who's my favorite character.

And on that subject, BIRDIE! XD

Minntul
10-15-2012, 06:59 PM
An anime where the characters are based off of countries?

Why the hell haven't I watched this yet.

Red
10-15-2012, 07:18 PM
An anime where the characters are based off of countries?

Why the hell haven't I watched this yet.

Because Scotland isn't independent and therefore doesn't have a character.

Dabottle
10-15-2012, 07:55 PM

Explain Ireland. : (

Red
10-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Explain Ireland. : (
The character drowned in potatoes before he/she could make a screen appearance.

xBlackthornWolfx
10-15-2012, 08:52 PM
I remember watching a couple episodes at the urging of mostly Spitty and Shadow like...nearly a year ago by now. But honestly I forgot about it. I'll have to pick up with it again some day

Minntul
10-15-2012, 09:03 PM

http://puu.sh/1feFD

wikipedia facts **** off red pls go

Patriot
10-16-2012, 04:35 PM
#SealandForInternationalRecognition2012

Do it. Now.

Shaymin
11-23-2012, 02:07 AM
I see that there is no love for Hetalia anymore, so this thread has become like Canada: invisible. Anyway, my favorite female character is probably Hungary or Belarus and my favorite male character is Japan (hence being married to Japan).

And to any mods, don't worry, I deleted my previous post, so I'm not actually double-posting.

Shaymin
01-26-2013, 01:14 AM
So sorry for double posting, but of course, what's a revival of an old thread without the first episode of Hetalia The Beautiful World?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5Yf9LapL-M

Dat dance, Italy!

Merga
01-26-2013, 01:16 AM
So I finished season 4 of the dub. I think Romano just passed Prussia for my favorite character.

ShadowMr.L
01-26-2013, 02:37 AM
So sorry for double posting, but of course, what's a revival of an old thread without the first episode of Hetalia The Beautiful World?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5Yf9LapL-M

Dat dance, Italy!

I gave you that link

I personally think the artwork for the new series is phenomenal. I wanna see how it goes cuz I kinda like this better than the original a little.

Merga
01-26-2013, 06:37 AM
Dat end credits. Italy has some serious moves. Then Germany and Japan were just all "what the hell is going on?"

ShadowMr.L
01-26-2013, 03:50 PM
Dude, I personally thought Germany and Japan had some serious swag.

Loogy
01-26-2013, 05:58 PM
Dat end credits. Italy has some serious moves. Then Germany and Japan were just all "what the hell is going on?"
There is a part of me that wants to cry that Italy danced like that, but there is another part of me that is proud to be Italian because of it

sonriopoby123
02-07-2013, 03:45 AM
Why the hell did I stop watching this.

I absolutely love it, the randomness of each character just cracks me up every time. I'm still only on the first season( ;~; ), but is there a Mexico somewhere? I would love to see how I would be offended by it. xD

Also Chibitalia is too Chibi requesting nerf

Shaymin
02-08-2013, 12:09 AM
I absolutely love it, the randomness of each character just cracks me up every time. I'm still only on the first season( ;~; ), but is there a Mexico somewhere? I would love to see how I would be offended by it. xD

The closest Hetalia character is Spain, but the short answer is no. You should have seen him during the first few episodes of Hetalia, during the Chibitalia segments,when he kicks Chibitalia, talks to Chibitalia when he's depressed or when he offers Chibitalia a churro.

Merga
02-08-2013, 12:57 AM
The closest Hetalia character is Spain, but the short answer is no. You should have seen him during the first few episodes of Hetalia, during the Chibitalia segments,when he kicks Chibitalia, talks to Chibitalia when he's depressed or when he offers Chibitalia a churro.

Then he gets Romano, and Romano becomes the greatest thing to ever happen to the show.

Shaymin
04-07-2013, 08:02 PM
Oh my gods, episode 11 of The Beautiful World is just . . . my gods. I literally don't have anything that expresses my feelings.

I could sum it up though. China as a girl, England as a nurse, America as a . . . bear, Russia as a . . . I don't know what, and France as a naked half-cat. Oh, and the embarrassing pictures were ADORABLE >w<

The only bad thing about the episode is that Nihon wasn't in it.

Actually, I don't know if that's supposed to be good OR bad . . .

Leafeon
04-16-2013, 12:31 AM
CANADA~ Canada is my husband! I like Hetalia. Even if Japan acts like a meanie sometimes. But why does everyone ignore Canada? He's the best character ever.

Patriot
04-16-2013, 01:16 AM
Man, I need to start watching the third season.

Shaymin
04-16-2013, 03:56 AM
CANADA~ Canada is my husband! I like Hetalia. Even if Japan acts like a meanie sometimes. But why does everyone ignore Canada? He's the best character ever.

I think I had to get my friend who ships Russia x China to tell me this at one point when I was watching the series . . .

Since Canadian and American culture are near identical, it explains why Canada-san is mistaken for America/U.S.A. Or disregarded altogether. Also, during the time of World War II, there's something about the British and the Canadian army that was the same, but I don't remember. It says it on the Hetalia wiki.

Fortunately, Canada ACTUALLY GETS RECOGNIZED IN The Beautiful World! Hooray!

HoennTrainerRuby
04-21-2013, 12:50 AM
Russia: VODKAAAAAAAAA
China: PANDAAAAAAAAA
Italy: PASTAAAAAAAAA

I started watching Hetalia a few days ago. I'm now on World Series. I like it. 'u'