PDA

View Full Version : Do you drive?

Weavile
06-20-2012, 09:03 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering whether or not people in this forum drive/have a drivers license.

I just got my provisional license today, and I'm loving it! My town is really spread out so you have to drive everywhere, which is pretty annoying because I love to walk and that would be nice. But I can't. :/ So how about you guys?

ShadowMr.L
06-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Yeah I can drive! .....A bike...

Christian
06-20-2012, 09:16 PM
Well. I'd like to have a drivers license.. But I need to wait 3 years for that.
My answer to your question is of course no :)!

Shiningbolt
06-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Nope! I know how to drive, but at the moment, I see no benefit in getting a license due to certain...issues regarding family.

BreeZaps
06-20-2012, 09:27 PM
Im not able to drive i talked to my worker and i decide to not drive. Instead im going to ride aroud with my bike and take the bus.

Tainers14
06-20-2012, 10:41 PM
I CAN DRIVE!!!!! Do I enjoy it? sometimes. Didn't like it at first. It's ok now.

Gyaradomo
06-20-2012, 10:49 PM
I can drive, but it would be illegal considering I'm 14 and I don't have a driver's license. I don't really plan to drive, unless picking up people for events., but I will and usually prefer biking.

Patriot
06-20-2012, 10:50 PM
Yeah, maybe in a few years I can drive, if I can even pass the test.

Uzi
06-20-2012, 11:08 PM
Nah son. Two wheels is the way I ride. http://youtu.be/iP5Nt9bbbHs

I'd just be really nervous if I had to get behind the wheel of a car. In the past I've had tons of dreams where I hit elderly people. Maybe taking Drivers Ed soon will take this fear away.

Super Skarmory
06-20-2012, 11:15 PM
I took my good old time getting around to getting my license but I've had mine for well over a year now. I rarely need to drive anywhere though so it's not overly important. I used to be afraid that I'd be a bad driver, but now when I drive, the only thing I'm afraid of is how bad everyone else drives, lot of idiots out there on the road. All that Need For Speed must have made me a good driver. XD

Minntul
06-20-2012, 11:17 PM
Unfortunately no, but at least my grandparents are saving up money so I can get my driving tests for when I'm older.

Dabottle
06-20-2012, 11:17 PM
Can someone explain to me why Americans seem to be obsessed with getting a licence as soon as they reach the legal age?

To answer the OP: No, I'm only 16, so it'd be illegal, and, even if I could, I'd much rather walk or get a bus than waste my parents' money, my money and energy.

Uzi
06-20-2012, 11:21 PM
Can someone explain to me why Americans seem to be obsessed with getting a licence as soon as they reach the legal age?

Because the bus system here sucks and every bus smells like that-what-shall-not-be-named. Seriously, sit on a bus here and you'll want to get off instantly.

Kyoushiro
06-20-2012, 11:47 PM
I'm too young to drive, of course, but something always just eats me up inside... the thought that I would be a really bad driver and I'd get in a bunch of car accidents and endanger peoples' lives. I think about it every time my Dad takes me out somewhere. Maybe I feel that way because of the trauma I got from getting in a car crash on my birthday a year (or technically two years) ago. =(

Xerodragon12
06-21-2012, 12:38 AM
I'm 17 and I just recently obtained my Driving permit (which is necessary before obtaining the provisional license in NJ). I really don't see the point of having one, so I don't go out and practice to obtain my license anyways.

Spitfire
06-21-2012, 01:49 AM
I obtained my permit last year and need to renew it and take driving classes.

The Arrow
06-21-2012, 02:01 AM
Nope, but I've been old enough for about a year now. I want to try to start driving sometime during late July or early August but I'll have to talk to my dad about that. :D

Triplewolf
06-21-2012, 02:22 AM
I have driven once to practice, but I'm only 15 and I don't have plans on rushing to get a permit when I turn 16.

DeMrTeunio
06-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Even though I'm 17, I can't get a licence yet because over here the legalised driving age is 18 -_-. On top of that, it costs a fortune to get lessons since you can't get driving lessons from relatives like in the US but you actually have to get a qualified teacher. I'm gonna have to stick to my bicycle for now...

joebob2311
06-23-2012, 01:17 AM
I am not old enough to drive yet. :(

Red
06-23-2012, 01:27 AM
I have all the experience needed for driving it's just that my parents have yet to take me to the local DMV to acquire my learner's permit. I've taken all the necessary classes and such. And yes I'm 17 and still don't even have my permit.

XpL
06-23-2012, 01:41 AM
All that Need For Speed must have made me a good driver. XD
How I plan to pass first time.

Regarding myself, I've been a fairly keen motoring enthusiast since I was 10 years old. I wanted to be a race driver at one point and I have an old 1992 Toyota MR2 that has the potential to race at a small time grand prix. Then money happened and I never really took it anywhere. I could have gotten a racing permit when I was about 14 but I haven't taken it any further than speculation and having a rusty old car in my driveway. Theory wise I'm pretty spot on since I asked drivers lots of questions whenever I was a passenger. (I learnt how to exchange money while moving in a Jeepney)

Patriot
06-23-2012, 02:06 AM
How I plan to pass first time.

Regarding myself, I've been a fairly keen motoring enthusiast since I was 10 years old. I wanted to be a race driver at one point and I have an old 1992 Toyota MR2 that has the potential to race at a small time grand prix. Then money happened and I never really took it anywhere. I could have gotten a racing permit when I was about 14 but I haven't taken it any further than speculation and having a rusty old car in my driveway. Theory wise I'm pretty spot on since I asked drivers lots of questions whenever I was a passenger. (I learnt how to exchange money while moving in a Jeepney)

You know, I really want to see you as a police officer.

Gold beats silver
06-23-2012, 03:01 AM
Na,impossible i can never drive : 1.i am a fourth grader and i am 9 years old 2.it is obviously illegal for a primary schooler to drive a car 3.i am completely not ready for complicated driving lessons 4.i bet driving is hard and dangerous 5.my mom already crashed me in to a car and my head hit the wall. so i think i am not ready for driving maybe in 7 years i will be ready to start learning how to drive.

X!!
06-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Well, my dad has crashed his car several times with me and my family in the car, but that didn't scare me for some strange reason. It only motivated me to be a driver because I wanted to be a better driver than my dad. If I recall correctly, I think when I was 11, me and my dad were out for a midnight snack. My dad was driving in his tiny little car that is very slow. When we reached the small village where my house was, I asked my dad if I could try driving his car because it was small and slow and no one was in the village. I managed to convince my dad and I got to drive his car. I have to admit, driving was really fun. When I'm old enough (currently, I am 13), I'll definitely try getting a license. Even my dad approves that when I'm 16, I can try getting a license. :)

MiniTapp
06-23-2012, 02:14 PM
I am pretty good at driving the lawn mower in my garden.

No, I'm not 17 yet.

Tuxy
06-23-2012, 08:55 PM
In Austria, you can get the regular drivers license at 18 and special version (called L17) at 17.
I'm currently 14 so I can't get a license now, but I probably will when I am older. Not at 17, like my sister currently does, but probably at 20 or so. I live in a kind of out-of-the-way place, so if I want to have fun, I need a car to get to the fun quickly. I am a tad scared of driving, because I probably will be involved in an accident someday. But currently, that doesn't worry me that much.

tinksfinks
06-24-2012, 08:08 AM
I'm only 14 and you need to be 18 to get a license here in Singapore. But Singapore's really small, public transport takes you everywhere and vehicles are really expensive(a standard Honda sedan can cost about US$80k) but I'll still get one in case I need it...

Umbrony
06-27-2012, 06:00 PM
Yeah I drive! I ride a mean bike, Skateboard, etc! >~<

SonicMario777
06-27-2012, 11:28 PM
To be honest, the thought of driving kind of scared me at first because of the many things you need to keep out on at all times... but, my parents say that driving is not hard, and I have to do it sooner or later, so I'll just suck it up and get on the road... after learning to of course.

Bookmaniac
06-28-2012, 04:37 PM
I have a Lambo Valentino Balboni... in need for speed. I have no real life license.

CKDavid
06-28-2012, 04:38 PM
I can get my permit in about two months...

thechiquidracula
06-29-2012, 10:18 PM
i know how to drive but have no licence but i still drive to far away places lol

Kamex
06-30-2012, 12:53 AM
I am a bit more than a year away from mine, but I am practicing with Grand Theft Auto! :P

Totodile
07-28-2012, 09:42 PM
Considering the fact that I am only 14 no I don't drive cars. However I can ride a bike.

Shantae
07-28-2012, 09:52 PM
I do drive a bike. < Well I did practice my bike, but few times recently.
As my concern, I'm still young as getting a licence. I don't think I would drive until 18 years old, since transportation is my efficient way, and it saves my money. It might be changed in later years but it kinda early to tell.

MegaGible13
07-29-2012, 02:01 AM
I turned 16 in March, which is the age in New Jersey where you can get a learners permit if you go for six hours of behind-the-wheel instruction with a driving teacher, but sadly I do not have the money to do so. But I have driven a car. Once. Down my block and back.

Suprsilver
07-29-2012, 02:02 AM
Wish I could, but it would be illegal at my age :L

Judge Mandolore Shepard
07-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Even though I am in my 20s, I still don't know how to drive.

Flubbs
07-29-2012, 09:43 PM
I have my permit right now but I'm getting my license in about a week :D

Charizardflyer
07-30-2012, 02:49 AM
Im too young to drive. But i have a bike. Its a good bike.

EpicCh33se
07-30-2012, 06:29 AM
Yes, I do drive... everyone up the wall. I'm too young.

CriticalFlygon
07-30-2012, 01:04 PM
I can drive bikes if that means anything. I am old enough to get my learners permit so I may actually drive a car in the span of a year or two.