PDA

View Full Version : Screen Recorders

joebob2311
06-24-2012, 02:21 AM
Do you guys do screen recording. Post your screen recorders.Also post your favourite and the best one in your opinion.

Number 1 - Camtasia
Number 2 - Fraps
Number 3 - Hypercam

I only use Camtasia and Fraps.

Gyaradomo
06-24-2012, 02:55 AM
I used to use Hypercam, but now I prefer Fraps and Camtasia. I prefer Fraps most of all though.

Minntul
06-24-2012, 02:59 AM
I've never had to use a Screen recorder very often. But Camstudio is the best one for me from what I remember a few years ago. Free, no water and extremely easy to use.

MiniTapp
06-24-2012, 08:45 AM
Fraps is excellent for recording video games, but it's not a proper screen recorder as it doesn't record everything?

Christian
06-24-2012, 09:47 AM
I love my Fraps, enough said.
It's really good and does what it is supposed to.

ShadowMr.L
06-24-2012, 12:07 PM
I have Fraps and Camtasia. I use Camtasia mostly though. I love Camtasia. I've been working with it for so long that I'm adjusted to using it. I also had previous works with Hypercam 2 and Camstudio for a little bit.

Luna
06-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Bandicam is the best.
Its a free version of Fraps and films up to 10 minutes, or you can buy it for about $20 (Don't know the GBP price) and get the 10 min limit removed.

Red
06-24-2012, 09:14 PM
Fraps is excellent for recording video games, but it's not a proper screen recorder as it doesn't record everything?
Yes it does. You just have to enable this option:
http://puu.sh/Doo1

I use Fraps and only Fraps. It outputs in maximum quality without any compression whatsoever. It's perfect for making videos that you plan on editing thoroughly. Only problem is you need a sizable hard drive as many of the video files can range from about 100 Megabytes to several gigabytes

Spitfire
06-26-2012, 10:52 PM
Yes it does. You just have to enable this option:
http://puu.sh/Doo1

I use Fraps and only Fraps. It outputs in maximum quality without any compression whatsoever. It's perfect for making videos that you plan on editing thoroughly. Only problem is you need a sizable hard drive as many of the video files can range from about 100 Megabytes to several gigabytes

I've seen some Minecraft builds take several TB.

Blue
06-27-2012, 03:41 AM
I use this simple screen recorder called "Camstudio" it's free, and it gets the gets the job done.

Umbrony
06-27-2012, 04:21 PM
I'm trying to start making walkthroughs...
I'm gonna use my birthday money to buy the supplies for it. I need some serious help... I clearly have no idea what the heck I'm trying to do... =@A@=

EpicCh33se
07-16-2012, 10:20 AM
Hypercam has always been there for me. I used to hate that watermark in the corner of every video, but over the years, I somehow got rid of it.

Shaymin
07-19-2012, 01:54 AM
I stick to Bandicam, and always will. I know Fraps for some people, it's good but it's just so laggy for me. Hypercam, I haven't really tried, but it looks laggy to me. Then there's Camtasia, which will not work for me for some odd reason, but it looks good.

SFB
07-19-2012, 02:26 AM
Fraps has huggeee files now which I hate, and I always enjoyed Camstudio.

Camtasia is alright, I never bothered to use it very much.

1. Camstudio
2. Fraps
3. Camtasia

SilkShadow
07-20-2012, 04:33 PM
My editor has a built in screen recorder so I am all set.

XpL
07-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Fraps is generally viewed within communities to be the best and most efficient screen recorder. It is also the most optimum for full screen gameplay. As with many products, the best are premium and Fraps is no exception.

Weavile
07-20-2012, 05:07 PM
I use Screen Flow, as I can't use FRAPS on Mac. It records in full HD, and it's not too taxing on the system or anything, but it's the most annoying thing ever. It records in it's own special format, and the only thing you can edit it with is Screen Flow's own editor. It's not bad or anything, but it doesn't have the consistency I can get from Final Cut.

Patriot
07-21-2012, 04:13 AM
The general consensus is that Fraps is the best, and I must agree. It fits my filming needs with great quality video, and lag isn't much of a problem for me due to my pretty good computer.

XpL
07-21-2012, 10:54 AM
and lag isn't much of a problem for me due to my pretty good computer.

This entirely.
Check beforehand if you can run tasks optimally with the screen recorder running. Does your computer have the power required?
If it's games, you may want to lower the graphical settings to improve performance.

GigaGyarados
07-21-2012, 12:02 PM
I use Fraps. I like it.