PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Videogame villan?

Kamex
06-29-2012, 02:28 AM
My favorite Villan is Bowser. Most people hate him to the death! I don't see why. Hes the best villan in my opinion! :)

What about you?

Blue Cadet-3
06-29-2012, 03:03 AM
The RNG. Pure evil and just screws you over to screw you over.

Minntul
06-29-2012, 02:20 PM
Kefka from Final Fantasy 6. He's just so insane it literally freaks me out.

The Arrow
06-29-2012, 05:32 PM
I'd have to go with Bowser as well because he is very scary in some games and others he is a push-over.

Shiningbolt
06-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Hades from Kid Icarus: Uprising. He's such a great guy. Really. That "distracted chariot driving" incident nearly brought me to tears.

Dabottle
06-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Kefka from Final Fantasy 6. He's just so insane it literally freaks me out.

This, as well as a few others:

Lots of guys from Fire Emblem: Alvis, Trabant, Zephiel, Lyon, The Black Knight, FE9!Oliver and Ashnard, to name a few. I could get into more detail, but I won't.

Majora. Majora's Mask is one of the best Zeldas and has the best villain. Ganondorf isn't very interesting. Vaati sucks. Lol at the Oracle villains. Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass are awful. Ghirahim's second and pretty good too. Majora's really creepy and messes with everybody. Also crashing the moon into the world is so much better than KIDNAPPING DA PRINCESS.

Everybody from Radiant Historia. Oh my god that game is brilliant.

Umbrony
06-29-2012, 06:02 PM
I'd have to say Eggman. aka baldy mc nosehair in sonic colors. Whic had a funny storyline... And epic music to match he levels. Eggman was extremely stupid in this one, which makes it funnier.

In spoiler marks because I don't wanna spoil it for anyone who hasn't played sonic colors.

Okay, my bad grammar back here makes me laugh...

SonicMario777
06-29-2012, 06:03 PM
Bowser and Dr. Eggman. They are two of my favorite villians for two of my favorite game series.

Superskarmory Fan
06-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Bowser bowser bowser bowser bowser !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShadowMr.L
06-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Mr.L. I gotta love him. Count Bleck is tied with Mr.L as well. Dimentio as well, he's amazing.

CriticalCalla
06-29-2012, 08:24 PM
Mutha Truckin StarWolf

Kennyftw
06-30-2012, 04:33 AM
my favorite boss is Reimu and Marisa from Touhou 8 Imperishable Night, probably because they have a really epic theme song and awesome load of danmakus :D

Shantae
06-30-2012, 05:53 PM
My favorite video game villain is only one which is Bowser. Others could have been Ghetsis-Dennis, and more that I didn't list.

Majorasfan
07-02-2012, 06:52 PM
I'll pretend Visual Novel Characters are not included in this so I can be fair and stuff. xD

Uhh, let's see.. In general, Bowser is definitely my favorite villain. He can be really evil, but he can also be really funny, and he's just a great character overall. xD

As for "Most Evil" and stuff, I would have to go with Ganondorf, though. Come on, he appealed to a king, then invaded his kingdome while their guard was down, sacked the city, and took over the world with the Triforce of Power. It's crazy. xD

TheRocker502
07-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Probably Bowser. He's some what easy, and quite dumb, in a good way.

Tainers14
07-02-2012, 11:49 PM
Liquid Snake and Ganondorf.

I really like Liquid because he yells out "BROTHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" and I think it's really epic when Solid/Liquid Snake have their confrontations, that end up with Liquid Snake killing everyone around them.

Ganondorf was evil and he desired a dark and evil kingdom, He was an amazing villain to have in the Zelda series.

Xenxenxen
07-03-2012, 01:30 AM
Kefka from FFVI. This quote explains why. Hee-hee... Nothing beats the sweet music of hundreds of voices screaming in unison! Uwee-hee-hee!
He kills for fun and not for a reason.

Uzi
07-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Nrvnqsr Chaos and Captain Blue.

Capt. Blue's battle was way too fun, and Nrvnqsr is just really cool because he's a walking zoo.

tinksfinks
07-03-2012, 05:27 PM
FAWFUL! I HAVE CHORTLES!

Ok and followed by Ghirahim. He's a unique villain.

Luna
07-03-2012, 05:50 PM
WARNING: SPOILERS!!!!(DONT SCROLL DOWN IF YOU THINK SPOILERS SHOULD DIE IN A FIRE!

Dr. Nefarious from the Ratchet and Clank and Arthas from World of Warcraft.
Dr. Nefarious(Specifically Crack in Time) because I love his motives(Turning back time to ensure that all heroes in video games lose the battle against there enemy) and Arthas because of his lore(Going to Northrend to obtain Frostmourne, a sword to control the undead, who were attacking Lordaeron, and finding both Frostmourne and the Helm of Dominance, which takes control of him and makes him the Lich King, to the point where all the undead obey him)

gamerx2
07-03-2012, 07:45 PM
I would say culex from super mario rpg. He is a really hard boss.

thechiquidracula
07-07-2012, 05:19 AM
THE AMAZING MR L lol

Gamersaiyan4
07-08-2012, 05:10 AM
Kratos from god of war because he kills every single Olympian god and takes the item that makes them special after the fight and is sooooo brutal to all of his enemies

BreeZaps
07-10-2012, 12:05 AM
Dimentio and Count Bleck. :D

WillyS105
07-10-2012, 01:02 AM
Kratos from god of war because he kills every single Olympian god and takes the item that makes them special after the fight and is sooooo brutal to all of his enemies

I agree...He's not a villain, but he is a bad ***. Really hes one scary guy

Davismt
07-10-2012, 01:34 AM
Hades from Kid Icarus: Uprising. He's such a great guy. Really. That "distracted chariot driving" incident nearly brought me to tears.

Yup. Hades is an awesome villian! He's always no nonchalant about everything! He's just so villainous!

Ishnaarg
07-10-2012, 06:41 PM
I would say either Ghirahim from Skyward Sword, or Ocelot from the Metal Gear Solid series. Ghirahim has a really strange and creepy personality, and the way he acts when gets angry is fun to watch. I like Ocelot because he does those cool revolver tricks in Metal Gear Solid 3, and I also like his personality in that game since he's not really a bad guy. When he turns into Liquid Ocelot, he becomes more evil, so I start to love to hate him.

Blivsey
07-10-2012, 06:54 PM
I love hating Ghetsis, he's designed to make you despise him and it works.

Prospering
07-10-2012, 07:10 PM
My favorite video game villan is Wesker from Resident Evil 5. Resident evil is hard and the boss battles are really hard, Wesker is a stud and he looks really cool.

Tuxy
07-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Lavos, he's a cool guy...

but srsly, I like all the villains from Super Paper Mario and also think that Eggman is really awesome!

SuperSkittle
07-15-2012, 04:59 AM
Love Dimentio his battle theme is epic

DeMrTeunio
07-15-2012, 08:07 AM
I always loved the Colossi from Shadow of the Colossus, not because they were such evil villains but mostly because they weren't. When you kill one, it actually doesn't feel like you've accomplished something, which perfectly blends into the storyline. It's one of the things that make SotC great.

X!!
07-15-2012, 08:25 AM
List of my top 5 favorite villains:
1. Bowser - I like Bowser because he looks epic, he can breathe fire, he has tons of other abilities, he says many funny things in Super Paper Mario, and because I'm a Grade-A hardcore die-hard Mario nerd/fanboy until the end.
2. Ganondorf - His power is amazing, he's pure evil, and the first time I saw him, I was like, "...epic evil..."
3. Mephiles (Sonic 2006) - This guy looks so awesome, he killed Sonic, he has awesome abilities, and he is EVIL!!!!!!!!
4. Mimi (Super Paper Mario) - Her personality is funny, she talks funny, almost everything she does is funny.
5. Primal Darkrai (PMD2) - The cause of making Dialga evil and the reason why time was distorting (Plus, he's so badass)

Judge Mandolore Shepard
07-15-2012, 02:15 PM
I would have to say that my favorite video game villain is Harbinger from Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3. Not only is he one of the oldest of the Reapers, he has a habit of talking during battles. Plus in certain battles, he can assume direct control of various Collectors.

Darkwando
07-15-2012, 06:26 PM
Wheatly from Portal 2; funniest villain ever

Kyoits
08-10-2012, 03:47 AM
Bowser , but the bad part about him is that he makes everything he owns pretty

shadowdude
08-10-2012, 05:36 AM
Bowser! just because he is so easy to beat.

Starry
08-10-2012, 05:40 AM
Dementio Mr.L, and. Gannon are my favorites

Zachgoose
08-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Anyone who does not mention Blade Master Alistar from Viewtiful Joe is wrong.

Red
08-12-2012, 04:18 AM
Dr. Fetus and Dr. Wily are my two favorite villains. They both use insane ideas to get what they want.

CaptainRed1000
08-12-2012, 07:13 AM
I would have to say that my favorite video game villain is Harbinger from Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3. Not only is he one of the oldest of the Reapers, he has a habit of talking during battles. Plus in certain battles, he can assume direct control of various Collectors.

Yeah, Harbinger is BA. He doesn't mess around like most villains.

Reiko Asagiri
09-23-2012, 02:48 AM
My favorite villian would have to be Mary from Ib. She is evil, but she is sorta innocent too.....but still she's evil!

ILIEKPIE
09-23-2012, 05:05 AM
Nyx, the idea that us humans will have to pay for our corrupted minds and the plentiful sins that mankind has brought upon the world is quite terrifying. Also, Nyx is simply a deep enemy that has reason and purpose for being a villain. For those who don't know what game Nyx is from, he is in Persona 3, Persona 3 Portable, and Persona 3 FES

Leafeon
09-23-2012, 12:20 PM
well my favorite villain would be Crazy Redd from ACWW. I dont know if he counts as a villain but he is sneaky like a fox. (considering the fact he is a fox^_^ )

brecot
09-25-2012, 07:43 PM
Ganondork.....

sonriopoby123
09-29-2012, 04:16 AM
Dimentio or Mr. L.

After playing Super Paper Mario, Dimentio and Mr. L are the most epic and dark(mostly Dimentio) villains of Mario history.

Eggman has 2nd place for me.

TheTrainerExpert
09-29-2012, 03:55 PM
I gotta go with Eggman, he is my favorite villan, but it was close between him and Bowser and I chose Eggman.

Totodile
09-30-2012, 05:39 PM
The Covenant and the Flood from Halo are great Villains. Hopefully the ForeRunners will be the same.

TyphlosionX
09-30-2012, 07:11 PM
Eggman cause Sonic is cool.

DarkSide
10-01-2012, 12:28 AM
I like Bowser (i really don't consider hem to be a villein though...he just has the hot's for the princess...he just hast a wired way of showing it ;) )

Oh and i also like Hazama (form BlazBlue)

vinnievu115
10-02-2012, 12:36 AM
GLaDOS from Portal and Portal 2. She has this charm of diabolical science and playfulness. I enjoyed her final battle in Portal and the final battle from Portal 2. I think another one ranked near her is N in Generation V. He had some good motives, but kind of a hypocrite.

Rocket
10-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Bowser or fassad.

LovelyOshawott
10-06-2012, 07:31 AM
I'm not gonna lie: Bowser

Brooke
10-06-2012, 08:18 AM
My favorite video game villan is Heihachi Mishima in Takken3 because his personalty is so good and his fighting style like Karate. Heihachi Mishima is one of the main characters in the Tekken fighting game series. Heihachi married Kazumi and eventually had a son with her named Kazuya Mishima.

HoennTrainerRuby
10-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Dr. Eggman is my favorite because of his personality. Or Robotnik if you wanted to be old days.

Zekrom man
11-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Ganondorf is awesome.

super dill
11-17-2012, 03:26 PM
My favorite would be Dr.Eggman.The EGGMAN!

CChariz
11-18-2012, 12:39 PM
Well,out of all the video games I've played.
I put this spoiler so that you know what games I've played.
Power Rangers SPD,Ruby,Sapphire,Leafgreen,Crash Bandicoot: N tranced,Fossil Fighters:Champions,Explorers of Sky,Pokemon Red Rescue Team,Diamond,Crash Bash.
Here are my top three.
1st. Team Skull
2nd. Zongazonga
3rd. N Trace

Shaymin
11-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Akuro - The fact that he can use anything and anyone to his advantage - even a god - is just masterfully brilliant.
Yuyuko - Her backstory is so tragic, you almost feel bad for her. Plus I LOVE her BGM and sakura flowers!
Fassad - His backstory is also tragic and what he is is almost shocking. Plus the evil laugh.

♏Ա§♪ℂ~
11-22-2012, 06:29 PM
BOWZER DUH. He's fat and easy to beat!~

Rocket
11-22-2012, 07:54 PM
I have a new one.

Fassad-Same a Ssshaymin.
Bowser-Just so awsome.
Akuro- Same as SSShaymin.

Sammiiee13
11-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Ganondorf, Eggman or Bowser Jr would be my choices. They are awesome.

Austin
12-06-2012, 01:17 AM
~Making posts so I can have a higher post count. It doesn't count as spamming, right?~

My favorite villan would be Voldemort from the Harry Potter series. He's just so evil and ugly it's scary!

Spacey
12-07-2012, 10:22 PM
My favorite Videogame Villian is probably Handsome Jack *** from Borderlands2

phantomscar
01-03-2013, 04:13 PM
Sephiroth is just enough of a cruel person by creating one of the most heartbreaking and saddening scenes within video games. If you don't know, look up the death of aeris

pikachumaster
01-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Ganondorf beause he makes monsters that give you more challenging experiences than Mario/Bowser and Sonic/Eggman. Also because of that epic organ and the fact that he does attack you personally before his boss battle instead of tunning away.

24kShinx
01-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Mine has to be either Eggman, Bowser or Dr. Nefarious. All are cool villains.

Pokemon Trainer N
01-06-2013, 04:43 AM
I like n because of his name it's just so epic and creative isn't it and also because he has green hair who doesn't like the color green?

megagamer
01-12-2013, 01:16 PM
Hades from Kid Icarus Uprising. He was so funny and he was strong.

(500th post)

Liegesauras
01-17-2013, 05:26 PM
Joker. He was awesome in Arkham Asylum, except for the final boss fight with him. He was tricky, and wasn't just trying to smash you.

Sean
01-26-2013, 12:58 AM
Eggman or Bowser, though Eggman is more evil.

Then there's Giovinnai..

Krauersaut
01-26-2013, 12:59 AM
Kefka. 'Nuff said.

Bricktoad
01-26-2013, 01:48 AM
Erm... Darkrai counts, right?

Ayra
01-26-2013, 02:25 AM
Kefka, sephiroth (yes, i like both), primal dialga, dimentio, and pretty much all villans in Phoenix Wright

theblindxatu
05-11-2013, 02:47 AM
Kefka, Darkrai (PMD EotS), Archie/Maxie, Cyrus or Dr. Eggman. I can't choose, they're all awesome. =3

Blade Lord Nayru
02-02-2015, 10:26 AM
EPIC BUMPS 5EVER

Ghirahim is the most fabulous villain I have ever seen. You can't not like Ghirahim.
I also quite like Grovyle from PMD (he can be considered a villain... kind of)
Another is the semi-final boss of Bravely Default. I'll refrain from saying the name here because I know people who haven't finished the game yet.
Jet the Hawk from Sonic Riders. He's basically like Sonic, but he's a bit more antagonistic.

marissachu
02-02-2015, 10:40 AM
Diggin' the bump tbh. Didn't even remember this thread existed lmao

Anyway, I honestly have to go with Bowser. I can't NOT go with Bowser. Although he's fairly vanilla in the platformer Mario games, he is by far one of the funniest, dorkiest characters/villians ever when it comes to the RPGs. Games like Paper Mario (in which Bowser is an utter sap, diary and all), Super Mario RPG (Bowser on your side for the first time ever?!?! sign me up!), and the Mario & Luigi series (particularly Bowser's Inside Story) all show how amazing Bowser is. He gets some utterly hilarious lines, and I'm sure many of us cannot forget Bowser's flailing arms from Super Paper Mario. He's the Koopa King and the king of my heart.

Side note: Bowser is my #1 homie for life but honorable mention to Dr. Eggman/Robotnik for also being a huge dork. Ganon is cool too but he doesn't have the benefit of character development that you get when a character is playable/has a ton of dialogue. And one more honorable mention to Team Rocket in Pokemon Yellow but I feel like that's cheating since it's just based on the anime and Team Rocket from the anime is my life blood. MEOWTH THAT'S RIGHT

sonriopoby123
02-02-2015, 04:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvERHiTfx9w

Aaron
02-02-2015, 04:15 PM
I don't know if it would be cheating to do this, but I want to include the Joker from the Arkham games. I just love the fact that he's not like a typical villain, using all brute force to get his way. He plays mind games, getting into your head instead of just attacking to get what he wants. The only downside to Joker is his Arkham Asylum final boss fight. They completely changed everything he was about! Eurgh...

SuperSceptile
02-02-2015, 04:49 PM
Fawful.
Then Hades.
Then Bowser.
Then every phoenix wright villain ever, especially the girl that I can't talk about because it's a massive spoiler but people who played the games probably know who I'm talking about.

Will
02-02-2015, 05:36 PM
Yo I got one that nobody has said yet:

For me, the top villian is Giygas from Earthbound and Pokey from Mother 3. Besides one person I'll mention below there has hardly ever been a set of villains who had such a profound effect on the universe of a game. Plus the confrontation with Giygas is so chillingly memorable despite being a gimmick in the end. I won't spoil Mother 3 but Pokey is an **********.

(Plus the themes behind Giygas and Pokey respectively is worth looking up because it's crazy how much depth is in the Mother series)

Second for me is Kefka. There isn't much to say about this that hasn't already been said.

Third is Giovanni. Unlike the rest of Team Rocket he has his stuff together and has a solid team of pokes. Plus he is also a Gym Leader when not running an evil organization. The last thing would be that, unlike a lot of characters in the pokeverse, he has depth to his character which I find interesting.

Dabottle
02-02-2015, 06:26 PM
Your blade... it did not cut deep enough. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKz48dSRuzc)

It's very difficult to describe how much I love Egil.

Luna
02-02-2015, 07:34 PM
I'm with Eoghan on this one. Egil's friggin' amazing.
My reasoning is a very specific reason, which I can't say cuz spoilers.

Starry
02-03-2015, 01:27 AM
I'll separate them into spoilers for their respective series, because unlike some people, (see: everyone in this thread) I don't want anyone to be spoiled from playing fantastic games, so unless you have no intention of playing these games (which you really should,) stop now.

It might be a little unorganized, so I'll come fix it up after I rest a bit.

1. Persona 4 spoilers (Honestly, if you haven't played Persona 4, you probably won't understand a bunch of this anyway.)

Tohru Adachi: The reason I love Adachi so much, can be summed up as "It's like he is one of Team Rocket's disguises in the Pokemon anime, but less obvious" It might be for the fact that he plays innocent/dumb so well (other than when he arrested that random stalker, that was a little of a give away.) From the very beginning, he makes himself seem like the guy who wouldn't harm a fly, such as the moment you first see him apparently "throwing up" once he saw the dead body of the announcer. Hell, you can even start a social link with him in Golden, where the base of it is (I have only watched Golden, so feel free to correct me) an old women confusing him for her grandson, and him having lady troubles (which actually leads to him saying something like "My last girlfriend, she was a real looker but had a terrible attitude, which is the motive to him killing both Saki Konishi and the announcer.) Speaking of which, he made Namatame, a kind innocent guy, who had just had
terrible break-up, almost kill like half of the party because he was convinced he was "saving them." The one thing I don't really like about him is how he just sort of gave up at the end, but honestly, what else was he going to do?

I guess to sum it, Adachi was a great villain. I mean, he's terrible, don't get me wrong, but if you can sway an audience to go from liking a character to hating him in a few minutes, you've pretty much proved yourself as a writer. (Although Persona games have always had great writing so.... extra credit?)

2. Now time for one of my favorite series of games, Ace Attorney.

Thought I was going to Dahlia Hawthorne? Gant? Manfred von Karma?

WRONG.
actually i was going to do those but then i decided that they were to predictable
Zak Gramarye: Sorta bending the rules but this jerk is worth it. For those of you who haven't played Apollo Justice/ need a reminder, some of the big jerky things this guy did include...:

Disappearing after his trial for murder was starting to go south.
Using his own 9-10 year old daughter to help him plan the disappearing act, and then leaving her behind with a lawyer, Phoenix, who just lost his job and had no way to pay the bills.
Once he saw that Phoenix had made his name in the poker world, and became almost unbeatable (which was his only source of income,) he decided to challenge him to a poker match and was going to leave without saying so much as a hello to his daughter who he had not seen for seven years.
Was planning to cheat on said poker game to ruin Phoenix's reputation (because he decided that he didn't ruin him enough, apparently.)
When his plan for cheating at the game went south, he strangled his accomplice.
Was killed, and even in death, he almost ruined Phoenix's life by him getting blamed for his murder.

And much much more!

However, just like Adachi, Mr. Jerky Jerkerson over here is MADE for you to hate him, and here, and they clearly succeeded.

Honorable mentions:

Giygas and Pokey
Bowser
Ganon(dorf)
Dahlia, Gant, Kristoph Gavin, Mr. von Karma, and many many more.
Giovanni
The Phantom
Junko Enoshima (might actually make another post about her, since I can go on and on.