PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Anime

SFB
06-29-2012, 05:27 AM
Anyways, I had to post this because I am sure everyone has seen at least one episode of the anime.

Anyways my thoughts on the series now: Series isn't the same as it once was.

Kanto - Awesome, my childhood lives here in happiness that I lived through some awesome times
Johto - Made the series stay fresh and great. The new pokemon and plot was great. Could easily watch the whole 3 seasons of it.
Hoenn - Really kept up with daily anime on this one the most, however Misty leaving was hard, but keeping Brock was enough for me. Liked the sprites of Gen 3 alot tbh, the themes were also the best as for one region.
Sinnoh - It was ok... Just didn't feel the same.
Unova - A headache in the works and a snore fest starting. R.I.P Brock

Other Anime from Pokemon
Pokemon Chronicles - A neat spinoff which showed well known characters throughout the anime.
Pokemon Movies - Do one almost every year or season I should say. Love the older ones, but new ones are meh.

So guys, what are your thoughts on the anime?

xAwesomatorx
06-29-2012, 10:30 AM
i liked kanto, johto and sinnoh the most, if i remember correctly all of them had brock, which was a big plus for me. also in sinnoh, i liked paul, i think he is the best rival in pokemon. and bad regions? well basically, unova. they made unova into a really childish region, and they also lost brock, which nearly made me cry. i think hoenn sorta lies in the middle somewhere.

ShadowMr.L
06-29-2012, 01:57 PM
The first season up to Johto was the best. I mean, you had Ash, Misty and Brock. The original Pokemon trio. It all got progressively worse as seasons went on. Hoenn and Sinnoh weren't too bad, but they could've been better. Now, with 5th gen..No...no...just...why.

Liegesauras
06-29-2012, 02:02 PM
Well, I like all of the old movies, and I like Johto and Kanto the most. Especially cause of fat Pikachu. I hate the new region, and sinnoh is pretty cool, I like the Pokemon the best, and Hoenn was awesome.

Master Boo
06-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Yeah Kanto and Johto were easily the best as the original trio kept it entertaining. I fell like Max got too annoying in Hoenn, maybe because he never had Pkmn, so he always seemed helpless or something. Sinnoh was ok, but not stellar, and Unova….um, pass?

The other thing is that as time passes it becomes harder to believe Pikachu is beatable. I mean in the first two ok, but by Unova the thing should 1 hit everything. It is weak but with no explanation and that annoys me for some reason.

Patriot
06-29-2012, 04:45 PM
I used to watch it. Watched all the seasons until Unova, because RIP BROCK. I just find Unova incredibly annoying to watch. Every season, it's getting worse.

SonicMario777
06-29-2012, 06:09 PM
I like the entire Pokemon series as a whole. I was saddened that Brock left when Unova came around, but Cilan is not bad honestly. I'll always loved Pokemon, and no matter how different things become, I will always become a dedicated fan.

Umbrony
06-29-2012, 06:25 PM
I agree with Sir Patriot. The tv series is crumbling to the ground.

And nothing is the same without Brock! ;w;

Anyways, I miss the old Pokemon anime. My favorite season was Hoenn. Um, I stopped watching after like the twentieth episode of Sinnoh. Thought it was lame.

Oh well. There's still hope for the games and Manga at least. Never too late to re earn some fans and earn some new ones. :3

Abyar
06-29-2012, 07:01 PM
they r thinking about getting ride of ash of the male in B2/W2

Minntul
06-29-2012, 07:39 PM
I do really enjoy the older episodes of the anime. When Ash was still a noob and his Pokemon were all memorable.

I seriously think the show is getting worse by each episode. It's been on for way too long and every episode is predictable in every way.

Christian
07-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Now, people say that the games get worse and worse, there I disagree completely. They are just as good as the first ones in my opinion HOWEVER, the shows, series and movies are getting worse and worse. They need to get new ideas and new fresh blood into their stuff in that area.

phantomscar
07-12-2012, 04:20 PM
kanto-hoenn was good, though sinnoh seemed to be a bit less enjoyable. Unova-so child-like it can make you quite annoyed

riku
07-13-2012, 04:38 AM
i loved season 1 hated 2 because they got rid of brock and tracy was ok not as bad as don and 3rd season rocked but i am still at the begining no spolires on the 3rd

what the heck is wrong with the pokemon company unava the got rid of brock misty ticked me off but brock that cross the line

Shantae
07-13-2012, 06:26 AM
I didn't reply this thread? Wowzers.

The Pokemon anime was actually a step down on all episodes since Pokemon Advanced (Hoenn) to now. I have to say Pokemon Original (including Pokemon Orange Islands) was the best part in Pokemon anime overall, than also the Johto Region ones. Then, as for now in Unova Region Anime, it looks interesting (without Brock, that just off), and it's better than that long episodes in Pokemon D/P (My opinion that series was the worst).

I have some complains about the show. First, when Ash goes to new region, his Pikachu start like Lv. 5 (like regions starters) because of overwhelmed power might KO the Gym Leaders so easily (Pikachu mostly suck the power by Zekrom when Ash goes to Unova region. This had different event when Ash goes to other regions.) Another, Why does Ash doesn't challenge in Pokemon League? Really? C'mon Ash, can't you beat them but at least few? Matter that, Ash needs to evolve his pokemon. Again this is my opinion.

The old Pokemon movies were good, but until after Movie 9 (Manaphy thingy, etc.), and further on into current movie, it just really meh...
Oh yeah, I agree to Dave that Pokemon Chronicles was good spinoff series. I just kinda remember it but it was amazing.

My last words, the Pokemon Anime as for now is getting too predictive. I wish the episodes were interesting and shocks the viewers.

That all, I have to say. Sorry for long paragraph. >_<

jackers96
07-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Well the first season was funny and fresh and it was new and exciting then johto extended that hoenn allowed some change then sinnoh was too long and they were really stalling on ideas and unova I felt like they discarded us and moved to a new demographic because some of the ideas are decent but it doesn't feel really diffrent and with dawn coming back I feel hit someone who did that

another thing is that Ash's pokemon should evolve more they feel so weak compared to other pokemon

Blue
07-13-2012, 08:08 PM
I watched most of the seasons though the start of hoenn.

Then 4kids entertainment censored just about everything about the anime so I stopped watching it. Then I lost interest in the anime all together.

I liked it more when Ash acted idiotic (in the first few seasons) now the show's all about encouragement and friendship.

Triplewolf
07-13-2012, 08:15 PM
The first five seasons where good. Then Hoen was around where I stopped caring so much. Stop watching completely when 4th gen came. I watched a few of 5th gen subbed, but got bored of it after viewing some better anime.

TyphlosionX
07-13-2012, 08:18 PM
5TH Gen anime gets kind of boring not alot of action and a problem is when are ash's pokemon going to evolve they havn't evolved and he is heading to the 7th gym i love Kanto Johto Hoenn and Sinnoh i like unova i do not hate it i give 7 out of 10.

SuperSkittle
07-15-2012, 05:03 AM
I loved it until they made advanced pokemon anime isn't in its prime anymore

UbersSuck20
07-18-2012, 11:54 AM
Unova is epic fail. I like the rest of the seasons though.

poppop1221221
07-18-2012, 01:14 PM
well i do like the tournaments they put in the animea but i still like the Unova region

DeMrTeunio
07-18-2012, 04:46 PM
I only truly liked the first season. Johto was OK in my opinion, but from Hoenn onward I completely lost interest. The anime isn't funny, original or exciting anymore.

CKDavid
07-18-2012, 04:50 PM
I haven't watched any of Unova, but THEY GOT RID OF BROCK?!?! *cries in corner*

phantomscar
07-19-2012, 03:46 PM
Has anyone noticed that in the first season that a new( as in just starting theri experiences, not new to just the main character) seems to rely on Ash for help and are almost always incompetant?

gamerx2
07-19-2012, 10:44 PM
Well I like all 4 season. I don't like unova though. The show is horrible. Nothing appeals to me. The pokemon are not good. The characters are horrible. The plot is dull and boring. Unova is just bad.

XpL
07-20-2012, 08:24 AM
I actually liked Advanced Gen somewhat. The introduction of contests and such into the anime was a nice change. Season 1 forever in my heart though.

GigaGyarados
07-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Kanto, Johto and Hoenn. Stopped watching after that.

The Arrow
07-22-2012, 01:42 AM
Kanto and Hoenn were definitely the best. I don't know why, but I didn't care for Johto all that much. Ash, Misty, and Brock will always be the Elite Three, no doubt about it. I loved the Hoenn anime simply for Brock still being in it, and I liked May quite a bit, well her character. I loved the Battle Frontier a lot as well.

Shiningbolt
07-22-2012, 04:19 AM
I'm one of those weird people that wasn't very interested in the Pokemon anime in my childhood, but was a dedicated fan. I've seen a good portion of the first season, but that's about it. I do remember liking a few of them, but barely any come to mind anymore.
I think the last time I was interested in the anime was when the group met the most insane Clefairy ever.

Yelloww
07-22-2012, 02:41 PM
I like Unova but Pokemon anime isn't the same without Brock

mars29979
07-27-2012, 06:40 AM
i never wtched kanto but i watched pretty much all the others but unova is just over exsaduating

Charizardflyer
07-28-2012, 11:41 PM
Kanto: Best ever!
Johto: Still really good.
Hoenn: Good.
Sinnoh: Bleh. lol
Unova: i liked it, but not as much as Kanto or Johto

Overall there all pretty good. But one thing i never got? If Ash had his Pikachu since Kanto why isnt it lvl. 60-70?

Giratina720
07-29-2012, 06:41 AM
the unova region is ok but brock had to train as a doctor and maybe get in love with nurse joy. croagunk, please come back and take down brock.

UbersSuck20
07-29-2012, 07:45 AM
Kanto: Great
Johto: Great
Hoenn: not very good(except Ash v Brandon)
Sinnoh: good
Unova: JUST... NOOOOOOOOOO!!

Updating my opinion.

SuperPikachuTNT
07-29-2012, 08:52 AM
Kanto:Best ever!:D
johto:great:D
hoenn:thay spent most of the episode on hoenn:p
sinnhe:dawn was really mean to ash:(
unove:I HATED ALL EPISODS AND ASH WAS HORBBAL :mad:

Champion Cynthia
08-06-2012, 04:19 AM
It ruined my image as Champion replacing the Champion with a legendary user.

Champion Cynthia
08-06-2012, 04:22 AM
And plus they got rid of classic characters, brock...