PDA

View Full Version : Worst Pokemon Spinoff

SFB
07-01-2012, 05:08 AM
Hey folks, we seen pokemon spinoffs for quite a long time.

Now I got a question for ya all, what Pokemon Spinoff was the worst one you played or think it is?

I will say, I thought the Japan Exclusive Pokemon! Get Typing game was a mess. Pretty much you type pokemon names as quickly as you can, yup.

Shiningbolt
07-01-2012, 11:29 AM
The worst Pokemon spin-off I've played (I'm not one to buy a bad game) is probably Pokemon Ranger.
I don't really like the series because I like my clear touch screen and obvious signs of me playing the game would be stuck there forever. I did like the game itself, though when I played it on someone else's DS.

Uzi
07-01-2012, 01:15 PM
What Bolt said x10000000.

Pokemon Ranger leaves way too many marks on a touchscreen and I played it for a bit but it wasn't as fun as I thought it'd be.

WarCaptain1
07-01-2012, 01:35 PM
If you have more then one DS of any type use the oldest or one in worst condition for Pokemon Ranger that way you atleast have a good touch screen thats clear. That's what I do.

GrovyleXShinyCelebi
07-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Pokemon Ranger:
-Overrated
-Mediocre gameplay
-Only real reason so many people get it is for Manaphy
-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is way better.

bamboo37
07-01-2012, 03:51 PM
I just hate Pokemon Ranger. I was playing the demo and it was very boring. Now I even think my touch screen looks bad because of that game. There is scratches everywhere. That has to be the worst.

DeMrTeunio
07-01-2012, 03:58 PM
I can't believe nobody's mentioned Pokemon Battle Revolution. I'm not sure if you can count it as a spinoff or not, but it's certainly pretty bad. It's like Pokemon with all RPG-elements taken out, which gets you... a turn-based fighting game. Brilliant.

whiffet
07-01-2012, 05:34 PM
Out of the ones I played?

I hated Pokemon Rumble Blast, actually. I enjoyed it for maybe twenty minutes, I kept going for maybe half an hour a day for a week hoping I would have fun again, and then I just quit trying. I know there are plenty of people who enjoy it, but I'm not one of them.

As for Ranger, I thought it was just average. It was incredibly fun while I played (LOOP LOOP LOOP LOOP!!), but once I was through the credits there was almost nothing left to do. A couple new events, but not much. Restarting and playing through again didn't help; it doesn't have much replay value. It was also bland story-wise. I didn't get the sequel even though I heard it was better. I don't get what you mean by scratches on the touch screen, though. Maybe you guys were pressing too hard? It never happened to me.

I'm sure I would hate more spinoffs if I played them earlier. For a long time, the only spinoff game I had was the original Pokemon Pinball. Actually, I had it before I played one of the main games.

SonicMario777
07-01-2012, 05:52 PM
I think the worst I've ever played was Battle Revolution. There weren't enough customizations for the types of trainers you could be, it felt too different from the Stadium Games, and it was pretty tough to go through and beat all of the places... once. They have you beat these places multiple times just to unlock costumes. It isn't worth it.

Kamex
07-01-2012, 08:23 PM
I don't like pokemon Ranger. It left a lot of scratches on my touch screen, and I lost interest quite fast. It's not so bad but its not my cup of tea.

Starry
07-02-2012, 05:43 AM
Well I LOVE EVERY POEMON GAM- WAIT *looks at games* Yup!
But Shadows of Almia is my least favorite one. I like it it but it seems like it just keeps going and going and going. I like it but it's my least favorite one.

Qwerty
07-02-2012, 06:54 AM
if the TCG counts, I personally think it sucks.
Yu-Gi-Oh was waaaay better.

gameguy1996
07-02-2012, 09:27 AM
Pokemon ranger I played the demo and it was so bad.Pokemon rubble blast was only good for like 30 minutes and the pokemon typeing game they showed at the european nintendo direct was not that good.

kier0n
07-03-2012, 07:56 AM
in my opinion id have to say pokemon snap it was so boring go around and take photographs that is really fun isnt it that said i would like to see a 3d version but i doubt it will happen

Master Boo
07-03-2012, 06:34 PM
Plenty of hate for Battle Revolution, I didn't think it was that bad, but overall in the series it wasn't as good as the main games. Ranger was pretty bad though.

I think that the original Rumble for WiiWare was the worst. I went in with low expectations, and was still let down by it.

BreeZaps
07-09-2012, 11:44 PM
Pokemon Ranger. I saw someone with the game yesterday. I watched him play it for a bit and it dosent look like a good game :/

The Arrow
07-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Pokemon Ranger, but I actually found Guardian Signs to be quite good. I just hate that it left so many scratches on my touch screen and all.

Shantae
07-10-2012, 06:35 PM
For me, Pokemon Ranger. I only play the first one and it very annoying that you have spin with your touch screen. Leaving a little scratch marks my DS plus it the hardest Ranger game.

AwesomeGrovyle
07-17-2012, 04:54 PM
I agree with everyone here who said Pokemon Ranger. :)

I hate it. It's boring, not very addictive and also (as mentioned above) completely RUINED my touch screen.

It is probably the worst game I've ever played, let alone the worst Pokemon.

Minntul
07-18-2012, 01:35 AM
Go go Pokemon Rangers!!!!!!

I would be lying if I said I didn't have an enjoyable time with it, but then I saw what happened to my beautiful touch screen and it made me cringe.

phantomscar
07-19-2012, 02:05 PM
Pokemon ranger is bad, it basically killed my friend's touchscreen.

Zachgoose
07-19-2012, 04:46 PM
I thought the Pokemon Ranger games were decent actually...

But one game I'm surprised nobody mentioned:

POKEMON DASH. It has the same tendencies of destroying your touch screen as Pokemon Ranger but it's even MORE repetitive and dull!

Dabottle
07-19-2012, 05:10 PM
I thought the Pokemon Ranger games were decent actually...

But one game I'm surprised nobody mentioned:

POKEMON DASH. It has the same tendencies of destroying your touch screen as Pokemon Ranger but it's even MORE repetitive and dull!

Pretty much this. Ranger's quite fun and got me Manaphy, Darkrai and Shaymin. Dash is just... awful.

ShadowMr.L
07-19-2012, 06:10 PM
There really isn't a Pokemon Spin-off I hate or dislike. However Ranger's constant spinning trick is annoying.

XpL
07-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Out of the limited range of spin-off games I played I would say Battle Revolution. Picked off the Stadium series poorly and this is subverted by it apparently being a sequel to Colosseum/XD, two great stadium based games with RPG elements.

chronoquairium
07-19-2012, 08:50 PM
I have to say Pokemon Battle Revolution. It has no worthwhile storyline, you can't train your Pokemon, and I just expected more.

Cutiepuffle
07-19-2012, 10:55 PM
Conquest. They had a good idea but they brought it out horribly.

Victini is cool
07-20-2012, 01:36 AM
I hate pokemon rumble because I liek mudkip! And most hoenn and Johto pokemon

Empoleonmaster
07-20-2012, 01:48 AM
I disliked Trozii because it really wasn't a good or even new idea.

SuperSceptile
07-31-2012, 07:03 PM
why does everyone hate pokemon ranger? GET A SCREEN PROTECTER PEOPLE! i actually enjoyed playing shadows of alima. i agree with battle revolution being the worst. Mystery dungeon is BETTER than ranger but it doesn't 10x outmatch it!

Ferrospike
07-31-2012, 07:46 PM
I'm surprised no one said My Pokemon Ranch. Awwww that game was god damn awful.

UbersSuck20
08-03-2012, 08:42 AM
I've only played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for the GBA, and it's pretty bad.

Pokemon Ruby Player
09-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Worst spin off is pokemon pinball

Umbrony
09-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Pokemon Pinball was indeed a bad game. I cannot say the same for Trozei, because it made my head hurt, but gave me something to do in church instead of falling asleep.
Pokemon Ranger and Mystery Dungeon are awesome, except for the fact the Ranger series scratches up your screen real bad.

Tuxy
09-04-2012, 11:30 PM
I regretted ever wasting money on Pokémon Battle Revolution minutes after I first played it.
Pokémon Ranger is actually not that bad. I've only played Shadows over Almia and really liked it, my touchscreen was already damaged enough that it didn't really matter.

X!!
09-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Pokemon Trozei. It's just a simple puzzle game you can find anywhere in the internet. Trozei is a waste of money if you ask me.

XxUnknownxX
09-13-2012, 02:29 AM
I don't see what the big deal is about pokemon ranger being a screen destroyer. I've played through Shadows of Almia three times and my screen doesn't have a scratch on it.
Of all the spin-offs I've played, the worst for me was Pokemon Battle Revolution for reasons already stated.

DarkGlaceon
09-13-2012, 04:27 AM
I've only played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for the GBA, and it's pretty bad.
Seriously...? you think PMD is the worse spinoff ever...? Many people will disagree with you, alot feel that the PMD games ARE the best. Did you even pay attention to the music or story...? >w>

Anyway, that aside, I really don't like Pokemon Battle Revolution, I think the reasons were already stated. Pokemon Ranger wasn't too bad, I quite enjoyed Guardian Signs. Problem is, it really ruins the touchscreen, like what most people say.

~OkamiSaphira/DarkGlaceon

Glace
09-13-2012, 09:46 PM
My fave is Conquest but I agree with everyone with Rangers. It sucked

whiffet
09-13-2012, 10:29 PM
Seriously...? you think PMD is the worse spinoff ever...? Many people will disagree with you, alot feel that the PMD games ARE the best. Did you even pay attention to the music or story...? >w>

To be fair, it's very much a love-it-or-hate-it game. Comes with being a roguelike game.

Leafeon
09-13-2012, 11:54 PM
pokemo pinball was weak

Leafeon
09-14-2012, 12:16 AM
and i hate pokemon ranch it's not even a real game!

Davismt
09-14-2012, 01:07 AM
Obviously, not many of you have played Pokemon Trozei. If you had you would probably realize that it is truly the WORST of all past pokemon spinoffs. It has nothing related to the Pokemon concept, and is EXTREMELY pointless, and gets very boring after you do one level. Let me explain it to you. Pokemon Trozei is like those matching games where you have to match three or more of the same Pokemon in the same row. It's bloody awful! You have to do missions where you beat the level, but you have a goal of matching three sets of Crobats or something. I have it currently at my house, and if you were to ever see it at a store, remember how awful it is and just ignore it.

phantomscar
09-17-2012, 02:00 AM
I would say pokemon ranger since it has a stupid storyline and it kills the touchscreen

LovelyOshawott
09-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Agreed pokemon ranger
I'm happy no one has said Pokemon mystery..it's emotional :p

TheTrainerExpert
10-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Worst spin-off in my opinion is Pokemon Rumble, it wasn't that fun for me.

ValuableVictini
10-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Rrrgh..... Pokemon Ranger. I just..... don't get into it as much as other Pokemon games.

Judge Mandolore Shepard
10-06-2012, 02:17 AM
Yeah, I would have to agree that even though I have never played it, Pokemon Trozei does seem to be the worst Pokemon spinoff.

Cutiepuffle
10-21-2012, 12:38 AM
Conquest. It was fun, but there were so many flaws they made with the gameplay.

Totodile
10-28-2012, 03:55 PM
Pokemon ranger. You had to kill your touch screen just to get a pokemon you would release 5 minutes later.

Clairvoya
11-08-2012, 02:29 AM
Trozei. Ooh, epic boss battle with some guy, what are we going to do??!
... a matching game :(

Elso579
11-08-2012, 02:48 AM
I agree with you Trozie is the worst but the Ranger games come in a close second

Ayra
11-08-2012, 04:50 AM
Trozei sucked

brecot
11-21-2012, 12:10 AM
Ruby and Sappire, PINBALL?!?!!?!?! REALLY!!??

sonriopoby123
11-21-2012, 12:12 AM
Ruby and Sappire, PINBALL?!?!!?!?! REALLY!!??

R/S Pinball wasn't bad. It was actually fun.

I say Trozei.

super dill
11-21-2012, 12:45 AM
Trozei by far.It was the worst no competition.

Rocket
11-29-2012, 11:50 AM
Conquest. Haterz gonnna hate!

Pokemon73
11-29-2012, 04:17 PM
i dont like ranger 1 because i hate the concept of the number of circles you have to do to catch it

SuperPikachuTNT
12-04-2012, 03:47 AM
The worst Pokemon spin-off I've played (I'm not one to buy a bad game) is probably Pokemon Ranger.
I don't really like the series because I like my clear touch screen and obvious signs of me playing the game would be stuck there forever. I did like the game itself, though when I played it on someone else's DS.

My awsers ecsacly what bolt said its true I'm a clean person

megagamer
12-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Actually i like them all but i heard Battle Revolution was the worse pokemon game yet.

Then again i hated Pokemon Conquest. It was too short and you only get one move.

Leafeon
12-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Pokemon pinball, so lame.....

Kyoits
03-16-2013, 02:16 AM
I don't like the Pokemon Rumble series at all. Pokemon doesn't really go with the button masher genre and to me the games seem too repetitive. It gets really old really fast. I also dislike the Pokemon Ranger series. The games just don't shine like the original games. I've only played the Shadows of Almia (whatever its called).

Reiko Asagiri
03-22-2013, 03:58 PM
Pokemon Conquest...after an hour of playing it, I gave it to my brother

TM48
03-28-2013, 03:03 AM
Everybody is hating on Pokemon Ranger, my favorite spinoffs are Pokemon Ranger and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon whenever a new one of the two series is coming out I preorder it. There are worse games like Battle Revolution I was excited for it when it came out and it was horrible I got it because it looked just like Stadium and Stadium 2 also for the reason you could customize your character but there wasn't much to choose from, I like Pokemon Ranch too which people seem to hate, Pokemon Ruby Pinball (Is that what it was called) was bad too you had to pay a ridiculous amount for pinball. Pokemon Conquest was an attempt to make it Fire Emblem I do like that series but I still think shame on them for changing it entirely. I loved Rumble for WiiWare which people seem to hate as well. That is all on my rant of spinoffs of Pokemon. NO WAIT! ONE MORE! Trozei! Pokemon Trozei was so boring.

greatgliscor
03-30-2013, 11:37 PM
The first game I ever got was Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia. It was OK, but once I got my first main game (i.e. Platinum), I lost interest. The main games have so much more in terms of plotlines than the spin-offs, in my opinion.

Although I did see Pokemon Conquest on sale at a store, so I might pick it up.

Infernapeblaze
04-04-2013, 06:27 PM
The first Pokemon Ranger, definitely. It does not have a great story base at all. The reason it's so cheap is because it is not a great game.

24kShinx
04-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Well in my opinion, Pokemon Rumble Blast was a fun game until I got near the end. At that point I realised that the game is boring in the end. I've still yet to finish it.