PDA

View Full Version : RMT: Team Swap & Sweep

Zachgoose
07-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Hello, all! I made this team recently, and it's been fairly successful overall. However, I would like any tips you would have on improving any of my Pokemon.

Why is this called Team Swap & Sweep? The basic goal is to keep the opponent guessing by using moves such as U-Turn and Volt Absorb, to always give me the upper hand. Without further delay, here's the team!

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/385.gif
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Trick

Most people tend to either use a Jirachi with a Choice Scarf and Iron Head, or play with more of a supportive set. I'm a little bit of a loon, so I made up this sent as an attempt to combine both of them. I personally think Jirachi is one of the strongest Pokemon at the moment, and it's a great lead. Stealth Rock and Trick are obviously there for support, Iron Head is broken, and U-Turn is great for swapping to another Pokemon.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/202.gif
Wobbuffet (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Def / 228 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Safeguard
- Encore

Wobbuffet is Wobbuffet: Cheap and boring, but he gets the job done. He's tanky and is great for disposing of an annoying Pokemon. Wobbuffet gets bonus points because so many of my team members can U-Turn/Volt Switch into him and shut down an enemy. This is probably the Pokemon I'm most willing to replace if it needs to be, simply because he's boooooring. xP

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/135.gif
Jolteon (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

This thing is sexy. I know everyone's going to say that it's outclassed by Zapdos/Thundurus/whatever, but it does tons of damage and has an insanely fast speed. Thunderbolt has insane damage potential, and most Pokemon find themselves taking Volt Switch and losing at least 40% of their health.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/373.gif
Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

The star of the show. He's fast, powerful, and cleans up the enemy team incredibly well. Moxie is almost broken on Salamence, in my opinion, because getting an additional attack boost effectively eliminates most of his counters that could otherwise wall him. I can't tell you how many times I've randomly sweeped with Salamence early and late in the game.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/134.gif
Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

My generic wall of the team that can takes hits from almost everything. Jolteon compliments it well because Jolteon has Volt Absorb. Additionally, Wish is incredibly useful for Wobbuffet and the other bulkier Pokemon on my team. The burning from Scald and the poison from Toxic are for the most part my only form of status effects, so Vaporeon is incredibly useful.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/212.gif
Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Similar to Jirachi, I also feel that Scizor is one of the strongest Pokemon in the game. You can put it in on almost any team and it will work well. Only one weakness, U-turn is ridiculously strong, and Bullet Punch can OHKO a huge amount of Pokemon in OU. There's not much else to say about it. Scizor is great, and I'm sort of unsure why it's taken a dive in popularity lately.

Please rate my team, and give me any recommendations you think would benefit. I'm basically willing to replace any Pokemon you'd like, besides Jolteon, Scizor, and Jirachi if necessary, as I want to keep the "U-turn Volt switch" theme to the team.

Umbrony
07-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Its... Beautiful... Don't change it. Its a perfect team. I know I hate it when my opponents twist me up inside with the guessing...

But youre the one with the upper hand.

I hope I helped by telling you your team is perfect. XD

Tainers14
07-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Hello, all! I made this team recently, and it's been fairly successful overall. However, I would like any tips you would have on improving any of my Pokemon.

Why is this called Team Swap & Sweep? The basic goal is to keep the opponent guessing by using moves such as U-Turn and Volt Absorb, to always give me the upper hand. Without further delay, here's the team!

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/385.gif
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Trick

Most people tend to either use a Jirachi with a Choice Scarf and Iron Head, or play with more of a supportive set. I'm a little bit of a loon, so I made up this sent as an attempt to combine both of them. I personally think Jirachi is one of the strongest Pokemon at the moment, and it's a great lead. Stealth Rock and Trick are obviously there for support, Iron Head is broken, and U-Turn is great for swapping to another Pokemon.

You're fine here. Since this is your only scarf pokemon, I hope you don't trick the choice scarf only if it's a last resort.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/202.gif
Wobbuffet (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Def / 228 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Safeguard
- Encore

Wobbuffet is Wobbuffet: Cheap and boring, but he gets the job done. He's tanky and is great for disposing of an annoying Pokemon. Wobbuffet gets bonus points because so many of my team members can U-Turn/Volt Switch into him and shut down an enemy. This is probably the Pokemon I'm most willing to replace if it needs to be, simply because he's boooooring. xP

This needs to go. Wob lost its spark in 5th gen ever since 5th gen introduced pokemon that can hit hard. Stuff like Salamence, Victini, Haxorus, Tornadus can one/two shot Wob. My recommendation is to replace it with Heatran or another pokemon with flash fire. Seriously that ability is broken in 5th gen. And if you're going to be doing a scout team, you need more pokemon that aren't effected by certain types. Heatran accomplishes this with Flash fire / steel type. (umadnowtoxicspikesteams?) Also, if one plays their cards right, Wobaffet gets otstalled by stuff like ferrothorn or Vaporeon. Just make a copy of this team, and replace it with Heatran, you'll be doing magic. For a Heatran moveset, go with either scarf or sub. Due to contrary belief, If you can force a switch with Heatran, substitute can still scout out enemy teams. And that is the main role of your team to get the final sweep with Mence.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/135.gif
Jolteon (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

This thing is sexy. I know everyone's going to say that it's outclassed by Zapdos/Thundurus/whatever, but it does tons of damage and has an insanely fast speed. Thunderbolt has insane damage potential, and most Pokemon find themselves taking Volt Switch and losing at least 40% of their health.

I know you want volt absorb, but Rotom-W is a much better candidate. With your team comp, your team can handle grass types really nicely (with u-turn being your priority source of damage, and not to mention the many pokemon that resists grass types) Rotom-W can also trick as well and take out Ferrothorns with HP fire, it can also be your lead. It's up to you though, I guess volt absorb is nice since you don't have any ground types.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/373.gif
Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

The star of the show. He's fast, powerful, and cleans up the enemy team incredibly well. Moxie is almost broken on Salamence, in my opinion, because getting an additional attack boost effectively eliminates most of his counters that could otherwise wall him. I can't tell you how many times I've randomly sweeped with Salamence early and late in the game.
Get rid of Dragon Claw and replace it with Outrage, BW2 is a beautiful thing.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/134.gif
Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

My generic wall of the team that can takes hits from almost everything. Jolteon compliments it well because Jolteon has Volt Absorb. Additionally, Wish is incredibly useful for Wobbuffet and the other bulkier Pokemon on my team. The burning from Scald and the poison from Toxic are for the most part my only form of status effects, so Vaporeon is incredibly useful.

Not really worth getting water absorb, vaporeon is already going to be taking negative damage from water attacks, better off getting hydration so you can out stall rain dance teams.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/212.gif
Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Similar to Jirachi, I also feel that Scizor is one of the strongest Pokemon in the game. You can put it in on almost any team and it will work well. Only one weakness, U-turn is ridiculously strong, and Bullet Punch can OHKO a huge amount of Pokemon in OU. There's not much else to say about it. Scizor is great, and I'm sort of unsure why it's taken a dive in popularity lately.

Scizor does not really fit on this team. You're going to laugh at me for saying this, but you are better off getting a Mienshao, and NOT using it as a lead for once. You should try life Orb and use Fake Out / taunt / HJK and U-turn, and use it to stomp on other people's walls

Please rate my team, and give me any recommendations you think would benefit. I'm basically willing to replace any Pokemon you'd like, besides Jolteon, Scizor, and Jirachi if necessary, as I want to keep the "U-turn Volt switch" theme to the team.

I give this team a 0/5 not enough Alistar!!! Jokes

I don't believe in giving it ratings, but it's a decent team, It would be nice if you can fit T-wave on someone in there. T-wave works really nicely on these types of teams. good luck to your future endeavors and I wish you luck on becoming a pokemon master!

Qwerty
07-01-2012, 06:00 PM
OH GOD ANOTHER VOLTTURN TEAM.
I don't want to make big changes, but...
Rotom-W >>> Jolteon. Checks a lot of things, is much bulkier, and still hits rather hard.
Replace Wob with something more useful. He can trap stuff, but he dies pretty easily and does nothing else. Perhaps a gliscor would fit somewhere on your team, since he's rather useful and can run u-turn if need be. Otherwise, the team looks pretty good.
You could always swap in rotom-w, heatran, and gliscor over jolt, vapy, and wob and make the team super-generic. It would probably work too.

Shiningbolt
07-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Well personally, I don't like the team at all since it's just filled with really good Pokemon. One look at this team and moveset and all I can say is it feels so empty. It's so typical, it's painful. I know you're more creative than this. You should put your own spin into your team like you normally do.
Also, it's built around switching. Hooraaaaay.
Remind me not to rate teams like this anymore because it just keeps reminding me why I don't play competitively...
Oh, and I don't give very good advice for teams like this, either.

Zachgoose
07-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Yeah I noticed that the team had Salamence, Vaporeon, and Scizor. I was like "lol."

But it's by no means filled with the top overused Pokemon. Dragonite, Ferrothorn, Gliscor, etc. I actually refuse to use Gliscor and Ferrothorn because I think they're ugly. That's really lame that everyone wants Jolteon switched out, but it's probably honestly outclassed by Rotom-W.