PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite 3D Mario Platformer

epickirby
07-04-2012, 01:07 AM
Personally, I like Super Mario Galaxy 2 the best. It has amazing graphics, nice platformer design, and its level design is quite nice. It also has Yoshi, and has more classic enemies than Galaxy 1 does, such as Lakitus and Hammer Bros. The Perfect Run was indeed a challenge, but I like a good challenge. Only things I didn't like were that most of the game is pretty easy, even some of the Prankster Comets early in the game and the final boss wasn't hard at all either. In addition, I didn't like that they took out the Ice Flower and Red Star from its predecessor, having already been not seen much.

Blivsey
07-04-2012, 01:10 AM
Aww, but I liked Mario Party. I'll go with the Advance port of SMW. 'Twas a blast.

Dakota
07-04-2012, 01:57 AM
Super Mario 3D Land, because it's the only one of those I'll probably ever play.

The Arrow
07-04-2012, 02:03 AM
Personally I liked Super Mario Sunshine the best because it was the best GC game in my opinion. SMG2 is a close second.

Minntul
07-04-2012, 04:03 AM
To me, SM64 is the only Mario that 3D the right way. It wasn't about getting from point A to point B. It let you explore the level to find hidden stuff and it revolutionised 3D gaming as a whole.

Shantae
07-04-2012, 05:20 AM
I think my favorite is Super Mario Galaxy despite I like music and gameplay, plus also Super Mario 64, the start of 3D Mario Games. (SMG2 is also good but more harder difficulty).

SonicMario777
07-04-2012, 05:21 AM
I like the first Super Mario Galaxy the best. Mostly because Rosalina is not in the 2nd, but I liked a few power-ups here that wasn't in the 2nd.

SFB
07-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Nothing beats a game of SM64 and I say Mario 3D Land after that believe it or not. I found it highly enjoyable and finally took a cool mix in the mario 3D series.

Shiningbolt
07-04-2012, 08:07 PM
My favorite 3D Mario Platformer is Super Mario Galaxy. I felt that the controls were very good for the most part and I could freely do whatever I felt like doing with Mario's various jumps and techniques. Of course, the music is also very good and it's very impressive visually. The game also provides one of my favorite challenges BEFORE it got awry in later Mario games: Cosmic Mario/Cosmic Luigi. I really enjoyed racing against those guys, since they show off just what you can do in the game if you master Mario/Luigi's skills.

Kamex
07-05-2012, 12:48 AM
Super Mario Galaxy. It had the balance between length and difficulty. SMG2 was so easy, I beat it in like a week. But the original, It took like months. I played all mario games though.

gameguy1996
07-05-2012, 06:55 AM
Super mario galxey I like how it had a nice story.All the others are great games.

Master Boo
07-07-2012, 12:52 AM
My vote goes to SMG2. It did what SMG1 did right, while making it better. Although, I admit it would've been nice to see the Red Star, and a little less cloud flower. Grandmaster's Perfect run still haunts me. Besides, it had SM64 nostalgia, which would be my 2nd vote.

narutomoon
07-07-2012, 01:49 AM
I'm gonna have to say that Super Mario Galaxy, the first one, was my favourite 3D mario platformer. I just liked how the game was built and how all of the levels are. A close second would be Super Mario Sunshine, followed by the second galaxy, and then Super Mario 64. Also, the DS and N64 Super Mario 64 games are the same, even if they added a few levels.

ShadowMr.L
07-07-2012, 03:57 AM
Super Mario Galaxy 2 gets my vote. I really enjoyed the game play. I noticed there were a few changes that were made from the previous Super Mario Galaxy game which made this game a lot more exciting. The music is great, always gotta love it. A thing with new power ups I enjoyed was the cloud. I found it very helpful and just in general fun to use! I also like how you can store Starbits into other save files which is pretty neat. It wasn't necessary but I think it's a cool feature they added. Not to mention you're space ship is a GIANT MARIO HEAD. I think that was pretty...Classy on their part.

VictoryStar
07-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Personally I liked Super Mario Sunshine the best because it was the best GC game in my opinion. SMG2 is a close second.

I agree with you completely. Super Mario Sunshine was my first 3D Mario game, and I go back to play it all the time.

Kyoits
07-30-2012, 06:13 PM
I'll say Super Mario Sunshine because I had lots of fun playing it when I was young

MatthewZ124
07-30-2012, 07:26 PM
It's very close tie bewteen 3D Land and Galaxy 2. However, in the end, I think SMG2 is better because it's a very hard, long game.

Dabottle
07-30-2012, 08:37 PM
Sunshine. Like I've said before, the Gamecube had the best games. SM64's great, but I prefer Sunshine. Galaxy's good, Galaxy 2's excellent, 64DS shouldn't be on the poll and SM3DL is awful.

Suprsilver
07-30-2012, 09:13 PM
Super Mario Sunshine. It's extremely underrated, and its gameplay is very nice.

Rainbowdash372
07-31-2012, 02:52 AM
Super Mario 64, it was just so awesome at it's time and all the different types of worlds where just unique and fun in their own way (plus i luved how when u face bowswer u grab his tail and throw him into them bombs.....ah memories). it was just an amazing classic :)

SuperSceptile
07-31-2012, 07:15 PM
i really enjoyed super mario galaxy. but number 2 sort of dissapointed me. i think you should ad mario party to this list. i loved those games. (except fo 9 which just screwed mario party.)