PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July: Independence Day

SonicMario777
07-04-2012, 05:43 AM
Happy 4th of July to all Americans out there!

Here's a question for you. Do you or your family members Barbeque during this day? And if so, what different kinds of things do you or they cook?

Also, for those who don't live in America, do you like to Barbeque? And if so, what different kinds of things do you cook?

Dakota
07-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Yeah, they're barbequing. Today, they're cooking ribs and chicken.

SFB
07-04-2012, 01:55 PM
We are delaying to Tomorrow. We plan having pork and lots of good ol' classics like coleslaw.

Spitfire
07-04-2012, 02:00 PM
My family tends to think of the 4th of July as a very minor holiday. Meaning we just get some sparklers and watch everyone else shoot off fireworks.

Merga
07-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Really, we just celebrated it yesterday. We got a lot of fireworks and set them off yesterday (lighting fire crackers and throwing them in the lake is considered fireworks in my book). I'm probably goin to sleep for the most part today.

Kyoushiro
07-04-2012, 03:56 PM
OH YEAAAAAAAH. NOW YOU CAN SHOOT OF YOUR FIREWORKS! Sheesh! Some people just can't wait.
Anyways, I'm doing what I do every year! I'm going to hang out with my cousins, go swimming, set potato chips on fire, and watch fireworks. WOOHOO!

Xerodragon12
07-04-2012, 04:28 PM
I don't really see Independence day as a big holiday. Really, we just get Dad to cook something, depending on what we have in the fridge, and even then, he does that every Saturday to begin with. After dinner, I'll probably get back on the forums and disregard the fireworks. especially because you can hear it, but can't see it.

ShadowMr.L
07-04-2012, 04:44 PM
We occasionally Barbecue. I'm not sure of my plans this year, but I think my family is coming over. It'll be cool to see Fireworks, I haven't seen them go off since my Highschool's bonfire dance at the end(All the way back in September). It's been a long time since I've seen them, and I cannot wait! Everyone enjoy your Independence Day!

Ice
07-04-2012, 05:04 PM
My family doesn't do anything major, we just shoot off fireworks at night and maybe barbecue something.

Shantae
07-04-2012, 05:12 PM
My family is spending time barque outside in this 4th of July! Yummy food.

SuperEgenahnnee
07-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Well, for me, it's a very special Holiday. Mostly because The declaration of independence was written. And of course because we go to see Fire Works while sitting on Bleachers behind a huge Fence!!!! :DDDD

Minntul
07-04-2012, 05:32 PM
>that feel when Scottish and no independence

The Arrow
07-04-2012, 06:05 PM
Honestly we don't do anything overly special, but sometimes we just have chicken and a huge dinner. There are fireworks where I live the night before today, so we watch those.

Luna
07-04-2012, 07:03 PM
I went to school and ate spaghetti because I'm English and always forget stuff like this.

Uzi
07-04-2012, 07:12 PM
>that feel when Scottish and no independence
lel.

I won't be doing much of anything besides preparing a few things for the grill. There's probably going to be fireworks on my block though, so that will be the highlight of my night. Unless I decide to finally get around watching Wakfu.

Kamex
07-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Actually yes, my family is blasting music while cooking burgers, sausages, hotdogs, steaks.... I'll be right back! :3

Prospering
07-04-2012, 07:56 PM
For the last 7 years i've been going to my neighbors house and barbecue hamburgers, hot dogs, and my mom always makes a cake with blueberries as the stars, strawberries as stripes, and white frosting. It looks just like a flag. After the barbecue we see the fireworks and then we throw smoke bombs and step on poppers!

Shiningbolt
07-04-2012, 07:58 PM
I am actually in a different state with some of my relatives right now and one of them started a barbeque. We're having stuff like chicken, some sort of sausage, ribs, and whatever else my uncle has on the grill right now.
My family hasn't shot any fireworks for years now, but I do believe we take advantage of the day to enjoy higher quality food.

SwordMaster
07-05-2012, 12:01 AM
I live in Canada so my holiday was Canada Day (July 1st) but we had barbeque chicken mom made and it was a incredibly tasty meal I enjoyed. http://www.rodsbot.com/images_maps_cache/1287-map-assoc.jpg

Super Skarmory
07-05-2012, 02:24 AM
Every year, the 4th of July becomes more and more dull to me. We used to have a party at my cousins house and have a cook out and swim and fun stuff. Then we dropped that tradition and we'd occasionally have a cookout with my mom's side of the family at our house. Then that slowly stopped happening. Then my uncle would come over and we'd have a nice dinner, and then that even stopped happening. Now it's basically a regular summer day to me where I take a half hour out of my day to watch the fireworks on TV and laugh as I watch the tax dollars I pay go up into smoke. I don't even enjoy fireworks anymore because I just see them as wasteful loud explosions, once you've seen fireworks so many times, it's not like there is anything new to see in my opinion. I guess there just isn't enough tradition in my family around the 4th of July to make it exciting for me.

whiffet
07-05-2012, 02:37 AM
Barbecue? Barbecue would take far too long. Unless of course you meant grill, in which case yes, we did that.

I'd been putting off an assignment for my summer class, so I worked on that a bit. Not as much as I should, considering it's due tomorrow. For some reason our town had a fireworks show on the third (with the fifth as the backup.) There are "unofficial" fireworks going off right now, though, which is nice. There are some pretty ones this year. That's a lot better than the years where people focus mostly on noise.

Ya gotta love Independence Day. The day celebrated by eating horribly unhealthy food (cheeseburgers, hot dogs, etc.), waving flags, and making stuff explode. How stereotypically American, and I love it.