PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite Pokemon Genration! (Best to Worst)

SFB
07-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Hello folks, we got in a discussion here on the forums today and we discussed which Generation was the best and which was the worst.

So I like to hear what you guys say and hope you have fun saying why you think this.

My List:
1. Johto
2. Kanto
3. Unova
4. Hoenn
5. Sinnoh

Reason: Johto and Kanto is what started it all for me, however when Hoenn came it wasnt amazing, but was highly enjoyable adventure with its terrain. Unova I felt is better because of how the story plays out and how it felt more original to its pokemon routes and taking new ways we look at pokemon. Sprites arent amazing in it, but they are tolerable because there are a few unique pokemon in this gen. Lastly Sinnoh because it just feels way to slow to be a pokemon game in my opinion. So what is your guys opinion on this? Post in below!

Rainbowdash372
07-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Here's my list:
1.Johto-Has my favorite starter, Totodile and i luv the Music (especially the rival's music)
2.Unova-Cool places to visit, has seasons and loved the plot twist as the end
3.Kanto-great music and has my favorite bad guys, Team Rocket!
4.Sinnoh-ok places but didn't like the music that much plus they gave away who was the champion too early
5.Hoenn-eh they're too much water in this region still liked the music though

X!!
07-04-2012, 04:39 PM
My list:

Gameplay:
1. Johto
2. Sinnoh
3. Hoenn
4. Unova
5. Kanto

In-game story:
1. Unova
2. Johto
3. Hoenn
4. Sinnoh
5. Kanto

Aftergame Story:
1. Johto
2. Sinnoh and Unova
4. Hoenn
5. Kanto

Graphics:
1. Unova
2. Sinnoh
3. Hoenn
4. Johto
5. Kanto

Nostalgia/History with the gen:
1. Sinnoh
2. Hoenn
3. Kanto
4. Unova
5. Johto

Difficulty:
1. Johto and Sinnoh
3. Hoenn
4. Kanto
5. Unova

Music:
1. Unova
2. Johto and Hoenn
4. Kanto
5. Sinnoh

Pokemon:
1. Kanto
2. Hoenn
3. Unova
4. Johto and Sinnoh

Overall:
1. Unova
2. Sinnoh
3. Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn

Blivsey
07-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Hoenn (GenIII)
Unova (GenV)
Johto (GenII/IV)
Kanto (GenI/III)
Sinnoh (GenIV)

AND BEHOLD, EXPLANATIONS:

Hoenn was my first region, and I love it to death. Fun fact: a lot of people don't like Hoenn because its Teams are kinda "out there"? Well, consider the Berry situation. 10 in GSC, none in RBY. 55 in RSE. Hoenn's kinda based around its agriculture, which makes a pair of Teams who mess around with the weather downright lethal. Also, Hoenn holds a lot of my favorite Pokémon.
They did pretty much everything right in Generation V for me. Battles went faster, the difficulty curve was a little smoother, and there was a bucketful of aftergame material.
Johto was technically my first region before Hoenn, but it was because my brother owned Gold and I watched. When I got to play it, I ran through it thrice in a row, and it ended up being the game that stopped me from going through Pokémon games with only my starter. I don't really consider Kanto to be aftergame, for some reason, I'm not sure why. It just doesn't feel like the Champion is the true "endgame", what with Ellipses Man and all.
Don't cry foul, I still like the original games, but Kanto just isn't the one I put my nostalgia goggles on for. On the other hand, Gen I, thanks for Eevee! I appreciate it.
Sinnoh didn't work for me. Battles were drawn out because you couldn't really advance the text by yourself, and boy did it take its time! Fun fact: Game Freak lowered the frame rate of battles from 60 to 30 because they were crashing the game. There weren't many Pokémon that appealed to me, either. From what I see, Gen IV in its entirety was more geared to the competitive scene than it was towards making sure people had fun normally. Although, adding Chingling was alright.

4.Sinnoh-ok places but didn't like the music that much plus they gave away who was the champion too early

Technically, Unova was worse on the whole Champion deal. In Sinnoh, at least they left it for you to assume, but in Unova "HEY HERE'S A GUY NAMED ALDER. HE'S THE CHAMPION :rolleyes:"

Shantae
07-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Okay then!

My favorite Pokemon Generation list, plus reasons and thoughts! (The Best to Worst. I like all of them.)

1. Hoenn (Gen 3 - Also Switched in Kanto as 1) - I didn't know this region so well but this region so cool and interesting map layout than other regions! Ocean in East and Land in west, this can't beat to other regions. I really start to play pokemon which is Emerald in there, and this region make me most unforgettable memories like catching Feebas for long time! I love this region, by far as the best (aside Kanto) by it's music, gym leaders, island in middle which is Sootopolis City (which is very unique), the pokemon in the region is really cool which seet as second on my list (not region overall), and many unique stuff! Oh yeah, forgot about Team Aqua and Team Magma and champion Steven (Wallace, screw you) is just purely amazing. This tops every other region and can't wait for remake coming really soon!

2. Unova (Gen 5) - This region so interesting and it has the most weird pokemon ever. Audino giving out massive EXP which is huge step in this region to make my progress so much faster than Sinnoh (which it also lowers difficulty), and other regions. This region had legit the biggest city Castelia City (spelling fail), awesome gym leader layout, cool elite four layout and so many more that shy to be first. But I doubt people will disagree this, but it just me. The storyline so amazing and the bad guys, Team Plasma is badass.

3. Johto (Gen 2 & 4) - I doubt this my favorite region too but despite how short in the routes, it kinda had a short gameplay than Unova's. But not just Johto look short by it's gameplay and routes, but also pokemon are unique and very interesting! Lugia and Ho-Oh is just purely amazing pokemon and had very good theme which tops Johto in 3rd. The Red Gyarados (Shiny) is also reason to this. Johto is classic by far (not as kanto) and gym leader is decent. My favorite pokemon Skarmory, Furret, plus Ampharos is home to here and tops 1 in unique pokemon. At least Johto and Kanto connect to make longer gameplay. Not to mention Red, a really interesting trainer.

4. Kanto (Gen 1, 3, & 4) - This region is so instant classic and nostalgia to start of pokemon. I don't care about the graphics, I like Pokemon at all and this all it started. This region had my favorite gym leaders in there, the elite four, favorite professor, and rival! Lol, your character become Red (in Johto) is just so interesting and unexpected! The pokemon is just a start too, but it just start to get better and better! Oh yeah, Team Rocket is classic bad guys ever! 151 Pokemon + Gotta Catch All, plus Anime just so Good!

5. Sinnoh (Gen 4) - By far the worst region despite of how speed through game. It so sluggish in my opinion, but pokemon just make up for it. Sinnoh in my opinion had worst storyline even Team Galactic isn't that interesting than Team Plasma, Team Rocket, Team Aqua and Team Magma. The pokemon in there make up for it by new evolution's from past gens, plus legendary is decent and some are cool. It also happen to Johto region also, but Sinnoh champion doesn't disappoint me. The gym leaders, and region isn't that bad but problem is speed through this is just uhhh... whatever. As it the worst region, it is a start of 2D Pokemon Games. Honestly this region plus Johto is hardest by far to train pokemon despite of low pokemon levels. Also hardest elite four members, including Johto, too.

NOTE OTHER MEMBERS POSTING THIS, You don't have type the reason or thoughts, it can be short and sweet. Less time benefits for you. kaithxbai. Sorry for big long paragraph.

ShadowMr.L
07-04-2012, 06:21 PM
These are my thoughts on the Generations Greatest to Least.

1. Johto - Generation #2 - Original Games affiliated: Gold, Silver and Crystal: I always had a thrill playing it. All of the starters are excellent, the music is amazing. It provides a great crossover from the first generation to new experiences, challenges and the new Pokemon eggs were introduced here. You could also visit Kanto once you beat the Elite Four and replay through all of it with your Pokemon, with the Gym Leaders far more difficult than they once were in Red/Blue/Yellow.

2. Kanto - Generation #1- Original Games affiliated: Red, Blue, Green (Japan only), Yellow, Fire Red and Leaf Green: The start of it all. Excellent music and all out perfect. Everything was outstanding about this game. In Yellow you can start with a Pikachu which I found to be very convenient.

3. Hoenn - Generation #3 - Original Games affiliated: Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald: Some of my favorite Pokemon emerged out of the series, Absol is a good example of one of my favorite Pokemon here. You actually have two parents in this game, your father makes an appearance as the 5th Gym Leader. This region had a lot of water so you could be testing a lot of water like stuff. Examples include using waterfall to go up a waterfall. Surf and surf across the water. Dive, you can go underwater and make new discoveries of Pokemon, items and caves to leading you to Legendary Pokemon.

4. Sinnoh - Generation #4 - Original Games affiliated: Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum: I say this had the easiest victory road. I liked Galatic's plans. I love the difference between Diamond and Pearl compared to Platinum. This is where some new changes in Pokemon came to be, in my opinion. I also love how Mespirit (personal thought) tries to make a playful bond with you.

5. Unova - Generation #5 - Original Games Affiliated: Black and white: I can say I've never had an experience with this region. Mainly since I thought all of the Pokemon were very weird. Though I would like to give it a try.

whiffet
07-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Are we listing our favorite generations or favorite regions? It makes a difference: if regions, Sinnoh will be lower, but if generations, Gen 4 will be higher. I liked how Gen 4 changed the way physical/special moves are divided, and I adored HGSS for letting us go through Johto and Kanto with those mechanics. Plus HGSS let you have any Pokemon walk behind you, which made me smile every moment I was in the overworld. I even got a kick out of the Pokeathlon. Also, that generation introduced the "power" EV-training items, and you could move items from Gen 3 games into them.

Shiningbolt
07-04-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm just going to do what everyone else is doing and describe and rate the games based off of many elements overall. Like Shadow, I'll rate based off of the original games for each generation. Good gravy, this took forever to type.

1. Kanto
Now, normally, I'd put Kanto closer to the bottom, but since this is based off of the original Red and Blue (I never played Yellow), I have to say Kanto. They were the first games. No, this isn't a nostalgia thing. Because Red and Blue were the first in the series, there was absolutely nothing to expect. No guessing who was the champion, no way to judge the evil organization, no way to tell which HMs would make an appearance or how they worked, etc. This is the blending of a formula that many future Pokemon games would use. You could argue that Kanto is pretty bad, but without it, there's really no telling how future games would work.
...As for stuff like music, locations, and stuff...I only like a few songs from Kanto and I really hate the layout. It was just way too easy to get to the next city with a gym. Routes were really short and had very little grass inbetween. Also, there weren't very many optional locations to go to.

2. Johto
I love Johto. It has my favorite music from cities and towns to the rival battle theme and Kanto remixes (Best cave theme ever). I never played Crystal, either, but its additional tracks have also become some of my favorites. As a game, Johto was very much like Kanto, but with all sorts of improvements and new features. It introduced baby Pokemon and breeding, another monumental feature. It also introduces two new types: Dark and Steel, which I like quite a lot. Furthermore, Johto introduces hold items and berries. As for the story, I thought being chosen to battle against the two great legendary Pokemon and taking down Team Rocket once and for all was really cool. Roaming Pokemon, although annoying now, were a very good challenge when they were first introduced. And finally, you van go to Kanto! I always loved being able to get 16 badges instead of the usual 8.

3. Hoenn
In my opinion, this is where people can start giving fair opinions about Pokemon games. Any reused elements will be easy to point out and by now, you know what to expect. Hoenn, however, features an incredibly unique region. Cities and town have plenty of interesting gimmicks, giving areas entirely different atmospheres. I really love the designs of many Hoenn Pokemon and the music, assisted by awesome trumpets and other brass instruments, has really captured my heart (gotta love how the Elite Four has their own theme this time around). Hoenn finds ways to use its berries for more than just improving a Pokemon's health. Now we have Pokemon Contests, a less violent way to show off your Pokemon's abilities. Unfortunately, I didn't like Pokemon Contests. As for story, I was honestly surprised that Steven, the son of the prestigious Devon Corp., was the champion in Ruby/Sapphire. I was kind of disappointed by his replacement in Emerald, but at least they made Steven tougher! What's really interesting for me is how the map reflects the two legendary Pokemon by having half land and half sea. Overall, it's a pretty likable region...as long as you can get past how annoying it is to surf through water...

4. Unova
This game. After 4th gen, I was a bit reluctant to try out the 5th gen. I'm not a huge fan of some of the Pokemon designs (and their names!) and some music just didn't interest me. However, it has three rivals! Three! This game has a very interesting story and provides a huge amount of character interaction. Gym leaders, rivals, and other important people will get several encounters with you, which really gives you a chance to get to know everyone. Even though 4 generations have come before this one, you will be surprised by just how much they put into Unova's story. Unlike any other main game, I feel that typing any spoilers here would actually ruin the game by some degree. Although I don't like some songs, there are a few really good ones that enhance the mood of the story. Like the past few games, Unova has plenty of optional areas and a pretty long aftergame. However, I can't think of very many new features outside of that linking thingamabob and Dream World. Dream World abilities are pretty cool, though.

5. Sinnoh
And here we are at my least favorite region. Can't say it's horrible, but it just didn't do it for me. I do think it has some good music and Pokemon, it does have optional areas and a few new features like the underground (which I don't like at all. Waaaaaaaaayyyyy too hard to get what you want fast). Cynthia is an awesome champion and the difficulty isn't too bad. It probably has something to do with game speed. Battles are very slow unless you turn off the animations and that's still slow unless you're playing Platinum. The story is okay, I guess. Cyrus is one serious team leader and he almost succeeded in accomplishing his goal. Too bad Team Galactic is filled with idiots and Barry apparently wasn't enough comic relief. I do respect this game for going an extra mile with character interaction with gym leaders outside of their gyms.

Dabottle
07-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Alright.

1. Unova (Gen V).
Generation V is without a doubt the best generation. It has something resembling a story, excellent gameplay, including many major improvements over the past games (except for auto-run...) and makes grinding much easier, which is incredibly nice. I except wonderful things from B2W2.

2. Hoenn (Gen III).
Hoenn is the best region. B1/W1's Unova isn't the most exciting thing ever. While Team Aqua and Team Magma are a disgrace, Hoenn is quite fun, has wonderful type variety (except on the water routes...), has a nice amount of water (it's only half of the routes, people) and wonderful terrain.

3. Kanto (Gen I/Gen III).
I'm mainly referring to the remakes here, as the original games are a buggy mess with no balance at all. Kanto's the original region. It started everything and it's very fun. Most of the Pokémon are usable and easy to get and Gen III makes level grinding pretty nice. It's difficulty is alright (for a Pokémon game, that is...).

4. Johto (Gen II/Gen IV).
I don't have much of an attachment to Johto, sorry. I will commend HG/SS on allowing many Pokémon to be accessed via the Pokéwalker and making stones easier to get in the original, but the region is a joke in terms of difficulty, the new Team Rocket are awful and the terrain doesn't stand out much. :/

5. Sinnoh (Gen IV).
The games have awful pacing, I don't like using most of the Pokémon and they're not very difficult either. I do like how easy it was to grind in Platinum, though.

In terms of generation... Gen V > Gen III > the rest in no particular order.

Uzi
07-04-2012, 11:49 PM
I'll be cool and go along with the fad.

My rankings are Hoenn > Kanto > Unova > Sinnoh. I decided to swap Sinnoh and Unova a while ago. Johto is exempted for the normal reason I give. Time for explanations.

1. Hoenn

Gen 3 introduced tons of people to the series, but it wasn't my first game. It was a giant step up from its Gameboy predecessors and improved several mechanics of the game. The games were fun and I would certainly replay them today. They had challenges and made me actually think for once in a Pokemon game instead of going straight to my highest level. Best soundtrack by far, I don't mind the trumpets at all since I've always had a soft spot for brass even though I play sax. There was also the use of Dive/Surf/Waterfall which took me by surprise. Dive was really fun to use since I got to explore underwater and find some treasure. I liked the massive amounts of surfing unlike most people since I thought that it would be more fun to use your own resources to travel instead of the Old Man's boat. The E4 was pretty tough imo, with the worst champion. I don't see what people like in Steven Stone, he's just a guy who enjoys studying. The character sprites were nice as well. Wattson (Empasis on the Watts part of his name) was my favorite Gen 3 leader.

2. Kanto

Kanto was my first Gen and I have to take my nostalgia goggles off to write this. R/B was a really fun introduction to the series and gave me something to do, little did I know that liking this game would lead to me joining a few forums and then becoming a mod. That's beside the point, Kanto was a great region with lots of things to do. I got FR/LG soon after release and played it to death. I had tons of fun collecting Pokemon just to get an EXP. Share or something. I had also made use of the VS. Seeker, which allowed me to battle against trainers AGAIN with stronger Pokemon. The region had my hardest gym leader battles (Koga and Sabrina) and had an Elite 4 that took me a while to beat. Learning that your rival was the champion was sweet so you got a final battle with him. There's also the aftergame with Mewtwo hunting and Island Hopping as kinda boring but I dealt with it.

3. Unova

If Unova had come sooner it'd totally be higher on my list. It had most of what I wanted, but missed out on a lot. Rematches with gym leaders, for one. That's always fun. This gen also changed competitive battling a bunch, with the introduction of Sand Rush and perma-Rain/Sun on things other than Kyogre and Dialga. There's also Poison Heal Gliscor. That being said, Gen 5 made competitive battling really fun for me at least. I personally thought the game was too short, and then when the E4 came along it was pretty much "lol hey heres your champion" then I just played through and got disappointed when I saw the whole N's Castle thing following the E4. I liked N as an antagonist though, I think he was a nice change of pace.

4. Sinnoh

I feel really bad for having Sinnoh at the bottom of my list because I really enjoyed every region. Sinnoh had fabulous character designs, like Cynthia, Crasher Wake, and Fantina. It also introduced my favorite Pokemon of the year, Infernape. Sinnoh had my favorite champion, and the best champion battle theme. I could just sit my DS out and listen to Cynthia's theme. Cynthia gae me a real challenge, and I've played against her several times with different teams. The game itself moved way too slow. I liked Team Galactic and all, but having that in the game along with all the other stuff made it progress slowly making it kind of boring.

tl;dr Hoenn is the best Pokemon Gen of all time.

Minntul
07-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Do I... do I seriously have to type a paragraph for this to not look like a noob?

1. Pokemon 2nd Gen - Gold Silver Crystal: These game have always been special to me. They were Pokemon and RPG I ever played. Everything about it was absolutley thrilling. The Pokemon looked nice, the music was nice, Johto was nice and there was just so much to do. I remember being upset after beating the E4 because that just about meant the game was over, but nope, we could explore Kanto and continue having a great time. I also remember never being any happier when the remakes were announced.

2. Pokemon 1st Gen - Red Blue Yellow: I'll be honest, I own all three but only bothered beating Yellow, so most of my experience was with that game. I really liked how Pikachu would follow you around and I especially liked that you could get all three starters without any crazy trading necessary. I honestly wish my older siblings could have gotten these because they were big fans of the series but only had toys and watched the show. These were the games that spawned the franchise itself and it must have been a very thrilling experience to play them back in the 90's.

3. Pokemon 3rd Gen - Ruby Sapphire Emerald: These were the first games I saw a friend of mine play. I remember being so interested and curious about these games because of all the stuff you could do in it. I'd never seen anything quite like it. As far as the Pokemon go, I'd say they're passable, but I feel like it had a huge drop of content considering what all you could do in the previous gen. I really do like how the game looks and how cartoony it seemed. I guess I can say that if it weren't for these games I'd have never gotten interested in the series whatsoever.

4. Pokemon 4th Gen - Diamond Pearl Platinum - These were the games that made me want to buy a DS. They kept me occupied for a good year or so, but I can neve bring myself to replay them. Everything just felt... soulless. It just seems completely boring and some of the Pokemon ended up looking a little weird too, especially the legendaries. There really wasn't anything to explore, either. Just a bunch of rehashed stuff we've seen before. At least we got remakes of 2nd gen, I guess...

PS: I haven't played 5th gen, nor plan to.

Kamex
07-05-2012, 12:36 AM
Keep in mind that I love all the regions the same. This is the order in which I enjoyed the most to least.

1. Hoenn - 'twas my first game. Full of memories and awesome pokemon. Do I even have to explain about the music?
2. Unova - I love the storyline! The music is so great.
3. Sinnoh - I love the music. And cynthia has gotta be the best champion ever!
4. kanto - I'm not very fond of this region, it doesn't hold any great memories like R/S/E did.
5. Johto - I don't feel anything for this region. It seemed the slowest to get by. That doesn't mean I dislike it, I just enjoyed it the least.

scooterboy225
07-05-2012, 01:11 AM
1.johto
2.unova
3.hoenn
4.sinnoh
5.kanto

The Arrow
07-06-2012, 03:59 PM
My rankings: Hoenn > Kanto > Johto > Unova > Sinnoh

1. Hoenn

Hoenn is the region where everyone got into Pokemon and really started enjoying everything the series had to offer. It introduced some of the greatest Pokemon and some of the ugliest Pokemon ever. It majorly improved some of the basic mechanics of Pokemon. The region was created when Groudon, who raised the land of Hoenn, and Kyogre, who filled the seas of Hoenn. If you noticed all the names of the towns/cities are formed by two words, making it really interesting to me. I more or less love the region of Hoenn because of the vast seas of water, and the beautiful designs of the towns/cities. I really do think they got something right with this region, and still to this day I play Pokemon Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire because of the region itself. I loved the Elite Four because I thought it was a nice challenge, and it was definitely my favorite Elite Four. Hoenn is definitely the region to beat, and it clearly beats out every-other region in existence.

2. Kanto

Ah, Kanto, so many memories. Personally, I love this region, and the only reason it's second on my list is because of the Pokemon in it. Believe it or not, this is not the very first region that I explored, it was the second one. Johto was my first, but I'd take this region before Johto for several reasons. It was obviously the first region, therefore no one knew what to expect from it! I loved that, and I especially loved the starter Pokemon. Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charmander are great Pokemon, and face it, they're the face of the franchise, along with Pikachu of course. When people think of Pokemon, they think of this region. The only reason it's not first on my list is because I truly do love Hoenn. This region didn't exactly have that many routes or towns/cities to explore, so that was a disappointment in its own way. That should not take away its glory, though.

3. Johto

I'm really sad that I can't have Kanto AND Johto as my second favorite region. Johto is a little different than other regions in the Pokemon World. There are very weak Pokemon in it, and you'll often notice that your Pokemon don't tend to gain levels all that often. It features my least-favorite Elite Four, but that doesn't quite make it a bad region. The reason I have this region as my third favorite (should be second along with Kanto) is because of the starter Pokemon, Team Rocket, and some of my favorite towns/cities in the Pokemon World. As far as the starters go, I love Cyndaquil and Totodile, but I was never too fond of Chikorita, and it doesn't have anything to do with my hatred against grass-type Pokemon. I always thought Chikorita was a girl no matter what, but that is WAY beside the point. Anyway, you gotta love Team Rocket. With the remakes of HeartGold/SoulSilver, they really made Team Rocket the best Grunts in all of Pokemon, and they were great in Gold/Silver/Crystal as well. Not to mention your rival, I loved him. He always had such a dark aura about him, and I don't really think they went into much detail about him like they should have. As far as the towns/cities go, they had many great themes to offer. I loved Goldenrod, Ecruteak, and Mahogany, all of which were great. Johto is a direct tie for me with Kanto, but they will never get past Hoenn.

4. Unova

Oh man, I can't tell you how much I hate having this as my fourth favorite. Honestly, I'm not going to go into much detail about this region because of BW2 being released in the near future, but I like it more than Sinnoh. I love Team Plasma, they're my second favorite team. Honestly, the Pokemon look so weird, but I do I have a few favorites, so I guess that's why it's not quite my fifth favorite. They did have good music in this region, but as good as Hoenn. It wasn't all that beautiful of a region in my opinion. I did like the gym leaders for the most part, but that's not what's important. The Elite Four was great, I couldn't ask for more. It doesn't beat Hoenn's Elite Four, but it's probably better than Kanto's or Johto's. So this is basically all I have to say about this region, and again I hate having it my as my fifth favorite because I do love every region for the most part.

5. Sinnoh

Oh boy, Sinnoh, I don't know where to start. Well, as far as the starters go, I mean what were they thinking? A stupid tree-thing as a starter? Okay, I agree that it resembles a grass-type Pokemon, but what in the world? Empoleon is a cool idea, but I honestly though it being a steel-type really made it look bad. It was one of my favorite Pokemon a long time ago, but then I realized how stupid looking it was. Now, I'd hate to bash all of the starter Pokemon, that's why I think Chimchar was really cool. Yes, it's a fire/fighting-type Pokemon, and it is kind of a rip-off of Blaziken, but that shouldn't really matter in my eyes. As far as the music goes, ew. It's horrid in my opinion, and the only good music are the legendary themes. Palkia and Dialga were the only good thing about this region. I loved their themes, but it's sad to think it's the only good thing about this game. I'd honestly have a tough time ranking this region any higher than what I have it at, and I honestly don't think I'd want to go through it again.

Well, that's basically it folks. That took a while to type, so my apologies I guess. I would have loved to be a little more descriptive with how I described the music and such, but I think I spoke my mind for the most part. Typing that was overall fun! =P

tinksfinks
07-08-2012, 07:19 AM
Don't see why people are bashing Gen 4. It brought online and I was really happy when they brought back the Day/Night system(gen 3 didn't have that) I like how the improvements to moves such as surf and fly. You could transfer Pokemon from gen 3 games. But I like all the generations, though perhaps I don't like gen 5 as much.

Zachgoose
07-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Alright.

1. Unova (Gen V).
Generation V is without a doubt the best generation. It has something resembling a story, excellent gameplay, including many major improvements over the past games (except for auto-run...) and makes grinding much easier, which is incredibly nice. I except wonderful things from B2W2.

2. Hoenn (Gen III).
Hoenn is the best region. B1/W1's Unova isn't the most exciting thing ever. While Team Aqua and Team Magma are a disgrace, Hoenn is quite fun, has wonderful type variety (except on the water routes...), has a nice amount of water (it's only half of the routes, people) and wonderful terrain.

3. Kanto (Gen I/Gen III).
I'm mainly referring to the remakes here, as the original games are a buggy mess with no balance at all. Kanto's the original region. It started everything and it's very fun. Most of the Pokémon are usable and easy to get and Gen III makes level grinding pretty nice. It's difficulty is alright (for a Pokémon game, that is...).

4. Johto (Gen II/Gen IV).
I don't have much of an attachment to Johto, sorry. I will commend HG/SS on allowing many Pokémon to be accessed via the Pokéwalker and making stones easier to get in the original, but the region is a joke in terms of difficulty, the new Team Rocket are awful and the terrain doesn't stand out much. :/

5. Sinnoh (Gen IV).
The games have awful pacing, I don't like using most of the Pokémon and they're not very difficult either. I do like how easy it was to grind in Platinum, though.

In terms of generation... Gen V > Gen III > the rest in no particular order.

I essentially feel the exact same way. Sure, Unova has some lame Pokemon, but it finally refreshed the series and shook up the foundations of Pokemon. The formula was no longer followed exactly. They had new Pokemon, new features, and N freaked me out with the "surprise ending" to the main story.

Hoenn I feel was released at the perfect time. The graphics were great because it was released on the GBA, and it was before the "adding 3D just because it's 3D even if it makes things slow and annoying" phase we seem to be in now. It's fast paced, and also added a TON of new features such as Abilities, EVs, IVs, Secret Bases, etc.

Kanto is the original. It was incredible for its time. Yes, it did start everything, but it was far from perfect. However, I ultimately feel most attached to the Pokemon of this generation since I did start with the original games and watch the anime alongside it.

Johto is great as well, but it's quite simply incredibly easy and I feel that the Kanto region in Gold and Silver was a pathetic attempt to make the game feel longer. Honestly, you can totally destroy most of the gym leaders instantly without any effort. HGSS does this no justice, as they were simply cursed with being 4th gen. Honestly, I never even finished HGSS; I stopped playing after I beat Claire. The game was incredibly slow and it's a shame that the metallic generation had to be put to rest so poorly.

4th gen is bad, and Sinnoh got the worst of it. The plot is bland, the game is SO SLOW, and it's filled with repetitive and frustrating gimmicks. It's only redeeming qualities are the great legendary music, a few awesome new Pokemon, and CYNTHIA.

Ice
07-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Gen V is the best region imo. It refreshed the series, bringing back things that worked in the past, added in good new features (staying on healing screen, yes!), and they actually developed a story and plot that didn't make me want to smash my head into a wall. Though I do think that people complained a bit too much about the new Pokés and that it was kind of stupid to come up with guidelines for what a Pokémon design may look like, there were some things that I found bad as well. Aside from the standard "why does Garbodor exist?" comment, the Unova dex kind of bothered me. I understand that they wanted a reset, but I really got tired of every other trainer having the monkey trio. However, I loved a lot of Pokémon from this generation as well.

I base Gen III mainly off of the Hoenn region, which I loved. All the water on the map doesn't really bother me, and parts of it are optional anyway. There might be a nostalgia factor in there as well, but eh. I also like how smooth the gameplay is. Gen III also included non buggy Kanto.

Considering I got into Pokémon with Emerald, I have not really played Gens I and II extensively. I do own some of the games, but when I want to play Kanto and Johto I generally just play the remakes, so I don't feel right giving a detailed opinion on them. However, they would go right here because they are certainly better than Gen IV.

I have no major problems with HG/SS. My main Gen IV complaint is with Sinnoh. Sure, it had stuff like the phys/spec split and online play and some decent characters, but D/P was a joke, especially with it's Pokédex. Platinum was a bit better but it's still not great. I was also not very entertained by the main villain being some blue haired guy who is supposedly 29 that wants to become a god.

BreeZaps
07-08-2012, 03:43 PM
I dont really hate any gen :/

1. Unova
2. Sinnoh
3. Johto
4. Kanto
5. Hoenn

Christian
07-08-2012, 04:55 PM
1. Johto
2. Kanto
3. Hoenn
4. Unova
5. Sinnoh

I am not going to bother explaining on this one, this is what I think. Do you think the same? Yes? No? I don't care cause this is my opinion.

Totodile
07-08-2012, 06:16 PM
It depends on what you're talking about. When I rate a Pokemon game I look for these things:
1. Pokemon- How Pokemon look
2. Story- Main Game Plot Structure
3. Graphics- Quality of the Designs in the game
4. Freedom- What you can and cannot do
5. Interactive Play- What you can do with real players
This is based on a 10 star rating

Generation 1: Kanto
Pokemon: 8.5 Stars
Story: 10 Stars
Graphics: 3 Stars
Freedom: 5 Stars
Interactive Play: 3 Stars
Comments: Kanto introduced the Pokemon series. Though with its terrible graphics it had the greatest Pokemon ideas and the best story. Though there wasn't much stuff like mini games to do in the game and I never understood how to trade and battle my friends it is safe to say that Pokemon started out strong. Also Mew vs Mewtwo best Pokemon movie ever.

Generation 2: Johto
Pokemon: 8 Stars:
Story: 6 Stars
Graphics: 6 Stars
Freedom: 6 Stars
Interactive Play: 4 Stars
Comments: Johto was the second generation of Pokemon. It did live up to the hype. Pokemon quality be nearly as good as its predessor, better graphics, more mini games and an easier Interactive Play. However it failed to have a capturing story line. The bad guys were just bunched up together all at one place. So instead of having numerous run ins with the bad guys you only had about 5. Plus they didn't have too much of a goal. They wanted to bring back Giovanni but that was it. Like what would've they done once Giovanni returned. They didn't know we don't know. This left the story straight forward and dry with no twists. However one bright side to the story is that you were able to travel to the Kanto region and battle your favorite gym leaders. This pretty much saved this games story rating from being about 3 stars but instead pushed it up to 6 stars.

Generation 3: Hoenn
Pokemon: 8 Stars
Story: 7 Stars
Graphics: 6 Stars
Freedom: 7 Stars
Interactive Play: 7 Stars
Comments: Pokemon still lived up to the hype to the fans. Hoenn had great Pokemon. A good story, wierd graphics, but had more mini games, and had a easy Interactive Play. Plus with one of its games Pokemon Emerald still worth as much today as it did when it was first released definitely makes a statement.

Generation 4: Sinnoh
Pokemon: 6.5 Stars
Story: 7 Stars
Graphics: 8 Stars
Freedom: 8 Stars
Interactive Play: 8 Stars
Comments: Pokemon comes back with Generation 4. Though it's Pokemon weren't as impressive as the past excluding Pokemon like Lucario. This game had a good story, great graphics, many mini games, and a super easy interactive play. Pokemon Platinum had the best story of the Sinnoh titles. But still hales in comparison to Pokemon Heartgold and Soulsilver the remakes of the Johto games.

Generation 5: Unova
Pokemon: 4 Stars
Story: 9 Stars
Graphics: 9 Stars
Freedom: 9 Stars
Interactive Play: 9 Stars
Comments: Generation 5 didn't have quite as much impact as it's predessors. I blame the Pokemon for this. All the other regions had good rankings with the quality of their Pokemon. All the other regions had a big 1 Class, a big Middle Class, and a small 3 Class. This region however bombed there Pokemon. This region had little 1 Class, a little Middle Class, and a Huge 3 class. If you were to judge Pokemon like money like I just did it will be obvious that Unova would be the poorest Pokemon country in the world. But I believe this generation of Pokemon is a bit under rated. Yeah without a doubt the Pokemon look terrible worst Pokemon yet. However, in what lacked in Pokemon quality they improved on alot of things. This game had a great story with good twists, lots of mini games however we said good bye to the game corner (NNNNNOOOOOOOOO), and a really easy interactive play with other players.

Those are things that I look for in a Pokemon game. The last determining factor is simply what I like and dislike about the game. So my favorite generations are...

1. Kanto (First Gen)
2. Hoenn (Third Gen)
3. Johto (Second Gen)
4. Unova (Fifth Gen)
5. Sinnoh (Fourth Gen)

Prospering
07-08-2012, 07:54 PM
1. Hoenn

2. Kanto

3. Sinnoh

4. Johto

5. Unova

Hoenn is definetly my favorite pokemon game, it's extremely diverse. You go in a volcano, Dive Underwater, and go through a cave. The pokemon are by far my favorite. There are 7 catchable legendaries on Emerald, they are all great pokemon and are my favorite legendaries. The Gym's are challenging unlike all of the other pokemon games! Also, Hoenn has alot of water so it's easier to train. Finally, Hoenn has a bunch of areas where you can get items, such as diving underwater and grabbing a pearl.

Unova on the other hand is my least favorite pokemon game. The Unova region has ridiculous looking pokemon, the gyms are very easy, and the starter pokemon barely learn any moves. Also, the pokemon's final evolutions are at like level 50 so by the time you get your pokemon at their final evolutions the elite four is already over.

crazy_boy
07-08-2012, 10:04 PM
the best so far is jhoto
the worst sinnoh
1- jhoto:-
jhoto introduced alot of cool pokemons, characters and badges. it was my fav RPG game back then. I loved it more when I got into kanto. It was the perfect sequel to the first.

2- kanto:-
kanto is actually my fav region but not my fav gen. do I have to say more?? red/blue/green/yellow are the best games on the original gameboy. it is one of the best RPGs and it has some truly memorable charcters!!

3- Unova:-
It is the third on my list mainly because it's the shorteset pokemon game but I had alot of enjoyment in it. but it had to come in third because I've excepted alot of things into it but every thing was disappointing!!!
but I still enjoyed it alot. but my biggest complain was that when you beat the game it has nothing more to do.

4- hoenn:-
it has to come in fourth because I dident enjoy it that much. tha pokemon sucked in it the gym leader was mainly stupid but its still a good game.

5- sinnoh:-
just couple of words( I HATED IT)

KingCorphish
07-10-2012, 03:40 PM
1. Hoenn
2. Johto
3. Kanto
4. Unova
5. Sinnoh

sonriopoby123
07-10-2012, 05:45 PM
I'll talk about them, I guess...
1. Hoenn: Hoenn was enjoyable. It had enough land and water so you could explore places. The Gym Leaders and bosses were tough, which made it challenging, but it was fun. Plus, Hoenn had me learn Braille, without even touching it! I admit, Hoenn was my first region, so of course I would like it more.

2. Johto: This region was memorable. Introduced roaming Pokemon, better music, and lots of cool Pokemon, including Furret! The Gym Leaders and bosses were very hard, including Whitney. All in all, Johto was one of the better regions.

3. Unova: Fantastic. The music was good, interesting story, aftergame was enjoyable, and the Leaders were incredibly hard. (Lenora....Ugh) I feel like it could've done better though, Surf was not really used for the game, and after a while, you would get bored.

4. Kanto: Yeah, all you nostalgia fans, I put Kanto in 4th place. I just felt like, eh, it was bland. I mean, it was easy to beat, but it was fun as well. The story could've been better, and the after game could've been more interesting, but it was memorable, so I'm okay with that.

5. Sinnoh: It. Was. Too. Slow. The story was fine, the region was cool, but I just didn't like it.

Cobalionstar
07-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Hoenn
Unova
Sinnoh
Jhoto
Kanto

Colaman112
07-12-2012, 08:21 AM
Pokémon:
1. Kanto. Of course, how could later generations fight with original.
2. Hoenn. Many good pokémon.
3. Johto. These still had the same spirit that 1st gen Pokémon had.
4. Sinnoh. Too many new evolutions for the originals. Seriously, Why? (http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/1466/whyin.png).
5. Unova. These were just horrible. Yeah there were a few good ones, but they really ran out of ideas...

Maps:
1. Kanto. I just loved the fact that you have to come back to near your hometown for the Pokémon league.
2. Sinnoh.
3. Johto
4. Unova
5. Hoenn. Too much water.

Story:
1. Hoenn. I liked that there were two criminal teams (E).
2. Unova. This had a good, a bit different story.
3. Sinnoh
4. Johto
5. Kanto

Overall:
1. Johto
2. Kanto
3. Hoenn
4. Sinnoh
5. Unova

shadowdude
07-13-2012, 02:54 AM
1. unova
2. kanto
3. hoen
4. sinnoh
5. jhoto

Blue
07-13-2012, 04:49 PM
Gen I (Kanto)
Gen II (Johto)
Gen III (Hoenn)
Gen IV (Sinnoh)
Gen V (Unova)

Almost all the Pokemon in generation 1&2 have a unique trait
Gen 3&4 was pretty good I liked Gen 3 a little better though.
In Gen 5 they removed stuff from previous games that were good (no gym leader rematches, running shoe-lock, game corner, trainer rematches) and they are obviously starting to run out of ideas for Pokemon (trashbag Pokemon????) & you can't get Pokemon from older regions until the aftergame - hated that. Why did Nintendo remove a big feature just to have it in its next game??? I know they did this with other games but why????

KK.Productions
07-14-2012, 01:02 PM
1. Unova
2. Johto
3. Sinnoh

DeMrTeunio
07-14-2012, 01:39 PM
1. Johto - 2 Regions. 16 Gyms. Epic music. That is all.
2. Kanto - A lot of nostalgia value, and I like 1st gen Pokemon the best too.
3. Hoenn - A cool, big region, pretty cool Pokemon, and some great music.
4. Unova - Mweh. The music is Ok and I love the graphics, but the Pokemon were stupid and nothing really felt right.
5. Sinnoh - The only thing I really enjoyed about 4th gen was the online battling. The games overall just didn't appeal to me.

SuperEgenahnnee
07-21-2012, 05:11 AM
Well, let's start with Kanto: Kanto is very simply strate foward, and not hard to understand. It may take a few videos, or walkthroughs, or text walkthroughs, or whatever. So, I'm saying that it's the original League/Region. And it's very old-school. I have this friend-who's like 22 years old XD-who loves the Kanto Region/League-again, whatever you call it-because it came out when he was like 6 years old. But, that's not the point. Anyways, moving on. Johto: The Johto Region/League is the first Region/League I've ever played-witch I'm talking about Pokemon Silver for the old Gameboy. (I have the Gameboy Color, and the Gameboy Advanced also.) Anyways, Soul Silver was actually the one that I got 7 Badges on. Anyways, (for real XD) it's basically just moving on from Kanto. And where it turns into Kanto when you get the National Pokedex, and all. Moving on. Hoenn: This is a very technacly advanced Region/League. But the main part of it is that the Pokemon are a lot more technacly advanced. That's all I have to say about that League/Region (because I haven't played it that much XD!) And finally, Sinnoh: (we're skipping Unova because don't know anything about it XD!) Sinnoh was not that bad. But there were some stuff that I didn't like. But the main issue is-witch is my fault-I made the mistake of putting the Action Reply in... Yeah, don't do that with Sinnoh. I will get REALLY disturbing, I prommise you. Alright, well that's all the Leagues/Regions! (Except for the Unova League/Region, because we skipped that.) Thank you! :D!

SuperEgenahnnee
07-21-2012, 05:14 AM
But the order is: Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, Hoenn, and last, and least XD, is Unova.

poppop1221221
07-21-2012, 05:57 AM
i like 5 gen the best

Jalen Cubs
08-26-2012, 01:53 AM
1.Unova
2.Sinnoh
3.Hoenn
4.Johto
5.Kanto

Umbrony
08-26-2012, 10:39 AM
1. Hoenn
2. Sinnoh
3. Kanto
4. Johto
5. Unova

Tuxy
08-26-2012, 10:49 AM
1. Sinnoh (What's with all the hate? Platinum was one of the best games)
2. Hoenn
3. Kanto
4. Johto
5. Unova

Reaper
08-26-2012, 08:03 PM
By Pokemon:
1. Kanto
2. Sinnoh
3. Hoenn
4. Unova
5. Johto

By Landscape:
1. Kanto
2. Johto(HGSS)
3. Sinnoh
4. Unova, Johto(GSC)
5. Hoenn

Overall:
1. Kanto
2. Sinnoh
3. Johto
4. Hoenn
5. Unova

super dill
08-26-2012, 08:30 PM
1.Hoenn
2.johto
3.Kanto

Giratina720
08-27-2012, 04:03 AM
Alright so my list of my best to worst.

1. Unova (V)
The reason why I love the Unova region is because of the music in the game, the graphics, and how the cameras move in either like in the bridge to Castelia City. The way that I like about how the people talk, when they talk, a chat bubble comes up and the point is pointing at the person talking. Okay, let's move on.

2. Johto (II, IV)
The reason why Johto is in second is because of the music is cool and stuff, even though my second favorite starter is Totodile, it's still my second, well the only thing that bugs me alot is by doing a rematch in the Indigo Plateue, the pokemon are extreamly hard and the champion was my worst time, I'm still worried about it. Let's move on.

3. Sinnoh (IV)
Sinnoh is in second because of how the time when you go to distrotion world in platinum, how they introduced the battle frontier, and the most hardest part for me is going up against the champion, yeah, i had to battle her about 10 times. since cynthia has garchomp and spirtomb it took me a ton of time to beat those two. Well lets move on.

4. Kanto (I, II, III, IV)
The thing about Kanto is not exactly good even though Route 1 is the best music in the series, i rather say that kanto was #1: Giovanni was a gym leader for viridian city (I, III) #2 Your rival is a champion (I, III) and #3 the gym leaders for heart gold and soul silver are now in a different order (well except some of them. Final one here we come.

5. Hoenn (III)
For Hoenn, it's one of my least favorite regions in all of pokemon, hoenn is just an island, the music was awesome, they have my favorite starter mudkip, and there is too much water. but, for so called team magma and team aqua, they were both in the same game on emerald, so that is why hoenn is my least region.

Flubbs
08-29-2012, 05:41 AM
1. Hoenn
2. Kanto
3. Johto
4. Unova
5. Sinnoh

Hoenn is by far, the best region in the entire series. It's beautiful, it introduced many new ideas and concepts, and it was just fun overall. I actually liked the water routes, because it's something different that the other regions don't have too much of. Also, I really like the music in this region as well like the gym battle theme and the regular trainer battle theme.
Kanto is the second best to me because it started Pokemon. The original idea of "Catching Them All" was great and becoming the top was a huge priority. The gym leaders and the E4 actually felt a bit intimidating here too. Admittedly, nostalgia does factor into this as well, seeing how Red was my first Pokemon game.
Johto was a pretty good region too because it seemed like it tried to add a small bit of story to the series. I also loved the fact that you got to revisit Kanto and even battle the gym leaders there too. The breeding system was a genius idea that they added.
Unova was alright. I will say, they did a great job with the story in this one and the game mechanics are done perfectly here. I just feel like there's something missing in tis region, though.
Sinnoh is the worst in my opinion. For me, it only has three things going for it. The story was okay at best, it introduced online, and my favorite Pokemon (Glaceon) is fro this region.

UbersSuck20
08-29-2012, 06:26 PM
1. Kanto
2. Sinnoh
3. Johto
4. Hoenn
5. Unova.

Ferrospike
08-29-2012, 08:00 PM
Overall
1. Johto
2. Unova
3. Sinnoh
4. Hoenn
And defently least Kanto

Pokemon
1. Unova
2. Johto
3. Hoenn
4. Kanto
5. Sinnoh

Music
1. Johto
2. Unova
3. Hoenn
4. Kanto
5. Sinnoh

Now to some reasons(not in order)

Kanto: Just simply it was so forgetable and people give it too much credit and how epic it was and what not.

Johto: I grew up with Gen 2 and it was fun to play.

Hoenn: Way to confussing(its the only game I used fly a lot)

Sinnoh: It was actuly good and a nice review of the series

Unova: Was just plain old epic games and gee shut up about how the pokemon suck and what not. This does not mean just because you don't like it you need to rub it in someones face.

CriticalCalla
08-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Let me begin by saying that I love all Pokemon games. However there must be an order of best to worst.

1. Johto: Let me put you in a scene. A boy at the age of 7 was handed a Gameboy and a copy of Pokemon Silver. This boy had a dream. To catch every single Pokemon there was to be caught and become the Champion. This child was me. Unlike most kids from the 90's, I started with Pokemon Silver. This was the game that got me into Pokemon in the first place. Now for more on why I like the game. This game had everything. The introduction to shiny Pokemon, two bad *** legendaries in Ho-oh and Lugia (which both could be caught in the same game if I'm correct), two legendary trios, not only the Johto, but the Kanto Gyms, the introduction to Steel and Dark types (which was need since Psychic was too OP) the return of Team Rocket and my personal favorite final boss themes ever. Even the remake of these games were fantastic. With the DS, they were truly able to show the beauty of the Johto region. With the addition of the Hoenn and Sinnoh aftergame side mission, I easily logged 100 hours in without any Wifi battles (take that Skyrim, 100 hours of boredom). The Pokemon introduced to the game were both cute and powerful. Espeon and Umbreon alone made me love Johto's Pokemon, but there is also Xatu, Tyranitar, Slowking, Hitmontop, Scisor, I could go on but I'll move on before I just explode from nostalgia.

2.Unavo: The newest installment to the Pokemon brought something that the other Pokemon games haven't truly had until this. Characters. By this I mean characters that you cared about, characters that you loved or hated, characters of mystery. With the exception of the first gym, they actually made the Gym Leader relevant to the story. It gave me rivals that I truly cared for. I wanted Cheren to get stronger and I wanted Bianca to grow as a person. It gave me an antagonist that I truly wanted to see put to an end. Though they were reduced to using Patrats, Sandiles, and Trubbishes, Team Plasma was an organization I truly cared to stop because I felt they were a legit threat. I wanted to know if N truly wanted to do what Ghetsis told him. This was a story I enjoyed playing. As for the land, it was beautiful for the DS. Only thing I hated was that Game Freak put a bridge every two towns. I understand they want to show the true abilities of the DS but come on, at least give me something to do on the bridges besides finding Duckletts and Swannas, which leads me to the Pokemon. I have to say that this is my favorite assortment of Pokemon yet. Chandelure, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Vanilluxe, Carracosta, Archeops, Gigalith, Excadrill, Conkeldurr, Scolipede, all just wonderful Pokemon. The only reason this isn't 1 is that once I beat it, that was it. I could go catch the other legendaries but besides that there wasn't much to do but battle. You couldn't even rematch the Gym Leaders. Luckily (B/W 2 spoilerish) You can rematch all the gym leaders in B/W 2. but yeah, that's enough for Unavo.

3. Hoenn: Ahhh Hoenn, home of my 3 favorite starters. As much as I love the other starters, nothing beats Swampert, Blaziken and Sceptile. I also liked the idea of the story. Two opposite rival groups trying to bring some sort of "peace" to the world. A world of all land, or a world of all sea? Personally, I went with land when I chose Ruby. This was the first Pokemon game on the Gameboy Advanced and it truly was a beautiful game. Just the small touch of being able to run on the sand an leave foot prints was a joy. The addition of smoke and fog while inside an volcanic Team Magma hideout added a feel of mystery and eeriness. The legendary trio for this game were pretty cool, not very creative though. Ice, Steel and Rock Pokemon, but they need a name. Some guy at GF was probably like HEY! WHY DON'T WE NAME IT AFTER THE PRESIDENT OF NINTENDO? My body wasn't ready for those names when I heard them. However, Groundon, Kyorgue and Rayquaza (probably spelled wrong) made up for it with their different weather abilities and powerful attacks. Also this game was the introduction to abilities. With all these good things why could anyone hate it? Water. WATER EVERYWHERE!!! The worst part of the game for me was surfing all around, trying to find my way around to get to the different cities off the ocean. I was once lost at sea for two days (which was more like 2 hours of playing and 46 hours of raging). Overall though, it was good. The music was calming and intense at times. The Pokemon were okay. The only ones that stood out to me where Flygon, Salamance, Metagross, Breloom, Gardivor, and Milotic. There rest were okay though. I don't really use Hoenn Pokes online, except if I want to Baton Pass Speed Boost Ninjask, but I digress.

4. Sinnoh: Honestly, Sinnoh wasn't good until Platinum. I hated D/P. I hated Team Galactic. I hated Cyrus. I hated a lot of the Pokemon. I just hated Sinnoh. First off, your rival. Do I even have to say more? The most annoying rival ever. Second, the Gyms. Probably the worst gyms I've faced. Trainers would have Pokemon that had nothing to do with the gym. Especially the last gym. Remember what Volkner, the Electric type gym leader, had on his team? An Ambipom and and Octillary. WHY? WHY NOT ELECTIVIRE? One that note, why were half of the Pokemon new evolutions of old Pokemon? I mean they were need, but come on GF, you couldn't think of anything else? WHY DOES PORYGON HAVE 3 EVOLUTIONS? AND WHY DOES MIME JR. EXIST? As for the Pokemon that aren't evolutions, they weren't really that spectacular. I mean there's Garchomp, Lucario, Luxary, Rampardos, Bastiodon, Gastrodom, and Toxicroak. Besides that, the rest of the quite frankly suck. You would never use any of the Pokemon you could only find with honey. Buneary and Bidoof are just terrible normal types. Starly isn't good until it evolves into Staraptor. Basically the Pokemon weren't the best. The games visuals were the only thing I liked. I only wished they put more cut scenes in the game, which they did with Platinum, but D/P left such a bad taste in my mouth, I didn't want to buy it.

5: Kanto: Wow I'm tired, let me catch my breath for a second. *catches breath*. Okay here we go! Why I hate Kanto? Simple. It was boring. The wasn't a real story to it. The mission was to just catch them all and become the Pokemon Master. At the young age on 8, after successfully beating Silver, my parents bought me Pokemon Yellow. Boy was that a mistake! First off, by starting off with a Pikachu, it was nearly impossible to beat Brock unless you 1. Leveled up Pikachu 20 when he learns Slam and Brock misses every move or 2. Catch a Caterpie and evolve it to Butterfree, which was pretty hard considering you had to level up Metapod first, so there goes about 3 hours. Now, let's jump ahead to after you receive cut from the SS Ann. After receiving it, I decided to go west. Oh wait, I can't go west because there is a Snorlax in the way. So where do I go? This causes me to back track to see where to go. Oh! I have to cut down a tree in Cerulean City to go any farther? Okay! So after cutting the tree, I have to go through a cave, but what? It's dark! I went through a cave earlier that was lit, but now this one is dark! Why is that? Is there a way I can see? Oh, I have to go find Flash? Why didn't you tell me that? Get what I'm trying to say? The game had no direction. You could skip gyms and go onto the next town if you wanted to, besides the first two. Heck, if you wanted to face Lt. Surge last you could. You would have overleveled Pokemon, against his level 22 Raichu. On the subject of Pokemon, anyone who says "Theeze Werr Da Pokemanz I gru up wiz, soo they r da best!" is either ignorant or just plan dumb. If you don't think that there is no creativity in the new Pokemon there is something wrong. *shown picture of Patrat* Okay that's 1 out of 150, obviously there will be some similarities, but still. The first generation wasn't even that creative. Ekans and Arbok, or Snake and Kobra. Grimer and Muk (don't spell that backwards) Voltorb and Electrode, legit Pokeball looking Pokemon. The Butterfree Evolution line. Tauros. Mankey. I can just list them all, but I think I've made my point. Also, even when this game was remade, it didn't look as good as it should have. Maybe the Gameboy Advanced didn't do a fantastic job with a remake, but still.

So, my rant is done. That was an interesting way to kill like 2 hours. Hopefully I got my point across.

Dragonite
08-29-2012, 08:49 PM
You guys that say you like Unova most and Kanto the least have some serious brawn. Congratulations!

Anyway, I'm going to copy off a few other people and make separate lists. I don't have a singularly favorite generation, although Jotho is the one I remember as getting me into Pokemon.

Gameplay
They're all Pokemon, and Pokemon is Pokemon.

Pokemon design
1. Hoenn (A giant flaming chicken, the shed skin of a cicada, and the granddaddy of all dragon/flying types)
2. Jotho (Like Kanto, minus Muk, Electrode, Geodude, etc.)
3. Sinnoh (I like the extended evolutions at the end of the Sinnoh Pokedex better than the ones in the main part of the Sinnoh Pokedex)
4. Unova and Kanto (objectively, they're equally awful. Except for a few.)

Story
1. Unova (This actually felt like another video game that's known for having a story)
2. Hoenn (Team Aqua and Team Magma were pretty funny)
3. Sinnoh (Eh, just another bunch of loonies working independently of Giovanni.)
4. Johto and Kanto (what the heck is with this "Team Rocket" stuff? Go away, I wanna play the game without battling 30 level 15 Weezing.)

Graphics/Geography
1. Jotho (HGSS, anyway)
2. Sinnoh (Same set as Johto from HGSS)
3. Hoenn (Same set as GenIV, just for the Game Boy)
4. Unova (A bit too realistic for Pokemon, in my opinion)
5. Kanto (Not that Kanto has bad geography, the others are just better)

Music
1. Jotho (Not a single piece of music I didn't like)
2. Hoenn (Not crazy about all of the music, but Hoenn does have a number of MIND=BLOWN songs)
3. Kanto (Not bad, except for maybe Silph Co.)
4. Sinnoh (Not bad, just not my style of music.)
5. Unova (The music in White is slightly better than the music in Black. But still. Nimbasa City and Twist Mountain? You call that "music?!?!")

Jalen Cubs
08-29-2012, 08:54 PM
The reason some of us like Unova and Sinnoh is because that is the generation we grew up with

Dragonite
08-29-2012, 08:58 PM
The reason some of us like Unova and Sinnoh is because that is the generation we grew up with

On an Internet full of old people (well, not really) who like to flame anyone who likes somewhere other than Kanto, I find it rare to find someone who'll admit to anything else.

Tuxy
08-29-2012, 09:19 PM

Exactly. I am already 15 years old, but I got into video games very late and Diamond was my first main Pokémon game. It will always hold a special place in my heart and surely is part of the reason I like Sinnoh most.

Leo2629
08-30-2012, 01:12 AM
1. Hoenn- My first and favorite Pokemon game ever played, it's just so good, the music the gameplay the Pokemon weren't weird and the story was awesome, especially in Emerald where you fight both Team Aqua and Magma. I have played this game over and over again and it never ceases to amaze me how good a game it is. Definitely needs a re-make, like Heart Gold/Soul Silver and Fire Red/Leaf Green.

2. Johto- Never played the Original games until recently but I had played Heart Gold and Soul Silver before that, and I have to say I love them both. I also enjoyed the fact that you could go to Kanto once you beat the Elite Four.

3. Kanto- The very first Generation, also never played the Original games until recently, but Fire Red and Leaf Green were released when I had just started playing Pokemon and I couldn't resist not playing it. I have to say, I enjoyed playing both (Original and re-make), not as much as 2nd Gen though. Nostalgia factor doesn't affect me since I didn't play the Originals as a kid.

4. Unova- Bad Pokemon, nice story. Didn't like it very much, not much else to say.

5. Sinnoh- For me, the worst Pokemon games ever were these, the only consolation was that Heart Gold and Soul Silver came out at around the same time. I was really hoping for more. I'm not saying that they're bad games, but given what Nintendo could do, and what they did before those games, I was expecting a lot more.

Cedeus
08-30-2012, 01:48 AM
1.Hoenn
2.Kanto
3.Johto
4.Sinno
5.Unova

I chose this order because i have always prefered the earlier pokemon games because i grew up with them so i automatically prefer them over the newer woth the exception of the hoenn region as there is just something about it that makes it awesome.

CaptainRed1000
08-30-2012, 04:32 AM
In order from best to worst:
Unova
Sinnoh
Hoenn
Johto
Kanto

Hellwaker
08-30-2012, 05:20 AM
1.Hoenn
2.Johto
3.Kanto
4.Sinno
5.Unova

I like hoenn the best because I like how diverse it is in the area. Johto I like simple because I like map layout. Kanto is nice but a bit repedative. Sinno is lacking in surfing routes and Unova has a simple horrible map layout, I hate it.

CChariz
11-18-2012, 12:57 PM
1. Kanto-It's the first region I ever played.It also has my No.1 pokemon and the only region I didn't defeat.
2. Sinnoh-Yeah,I know there are stuff that makes it suck.But I like it because of the Battle Tower.And has most of my fav pokemon.
3. Hoenn-Nice,but I don't like the Battke Tower.But I like how they made Latios a roaming legendary.
5. Unova/Jhoto-I haven't played ethier.So I can't say if I like them or not.