PDA

View Full Version : Rick Roll!

Samlaptop
07-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Have you ever been Rick Rolled?

When did you first get rick rolled?

My first rick rolled happened couple of days before I went to see WALL-E. I was triyng to find some clips from YouTube but I saw this man dancing and singing. I didn't know about what it was until later on in 2008 and I saw this clip again but actually this time the video actually told me that I got Rick Rolled. After that, I decided to look more about it and I founded out that it is to trick somebody into watching Rick Astey's music video, Never Gonna Give You Up.

Over the years I've been watching Rick Astley live on stage on YouTube and he adds funny things into his song such as "We've known each over (Since 1987!" and "If you ask me how I'm feeling, I'm feeling bloody marvellous!"

In 2010, Rick Astley made a new single and I bought it on iTunes and it's called Lights Out. I also bought the Rick Roll song on iTunes for my iPod which eventually all my music got transfered to my iPhone so now I got Never Gonna Give You Up on my iPhone!

I feel like Rick rolling was a success because it bring back 80's songs to a new generation!

Umbrony
07-05-2012, 02:55 PM
I don't tink there's anyone in the world that hasn't been Rick rolled, unless they are super old, and they don't know how to use a computer or any electronic.

... I can't remember the first time I got Rick rolled, because it happens so many times.

The only people who don't know who Rick Astley is are younger than 2. I was on a computer at age 3. .___.
So it does help spread older music to newer generations.

Kamex
07-05-2012, 02:55 PM
I first got rickrolled around 2007 I believe. I was looking for a pokemon diamond and pearl footage, and then it happened. When it first happened to me, my only thought was saying "what the heck" being confused. I looked into the comments to see what this was about, and everyone was cursing out the person who posted it. After that, a HUGE explosion of fake videos of rick astley came up in place of promising titles and thumbnails. After about a year, it got very annoying after a while so I watched a couple of letsplayers/Walkthroughers because they dont rickroll (unless they want to loose all of their subs xD) and thus, I came across one of superskarmory's videos!

The Arrow
07-05-2012, 02:56 PM
I'd be astonished to hear of anyone who hasn't heard of RickRoll'D or just Rick Astley in general. I honestly can't remember the first time I was RickRoll'D, but if I remember right it was from some random YouTube video of Chuggaa's...

Shiningbolt
07-05-2012, 03:21 PM
I don't know anything about anything and I know who Rick Astley is. I even know some of the lyrics.
I believe the first time I was Rick Roll'd was 2009 since that's when I first started using a computer to talk to other people. I actually don't understand how Rick Rolls work; I just know that it's annoying to get one. I mean...it's been years and people are still doing it...

Graph
07-05-2012, 03:30 PM
All memes are annoying and stupid, and this isn't an exception.

Minntul
07-05-2012, 03:36 PM
All memes are annoying and stupid, and this isn't an exception.

thank you graph +1

Davismt
07-05-2012, 03:39 PM
The first time I got RickRoll'd was in 2008 when I was looking up how to get some really rare Spectrobes and the video had horrible graphics so the guy put a link to an HD version in the video and I clicked on it and got RickRoll'd

ShadowMr.L
07-05-2012, 03:53 PM
An old friend of mine named Dalton showed me Rick Roll in the forumotion days. I remember it, yeah..didn't go well. XD

Shantae
07-05-2012, 04:10 PM
I don't remember, which member got me the first Rick Roll'd. But I do remember somehow, some members in old SS Forums in forumotion post or chat a link that is interesting stuff that which got me Rick Roll'd so many times (Ugh, I hate that song so much). As for now, it getting kinda annoying. XD

SonicMario777
07-05-2012, 05:40 PM
I don't remember when my first Rick Roll'd was, but it's actually something I don't mind. I'm one of those few people that don't freak out when they hear the song.

Christian
07-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Yes, it was some years ago, can't really remember any details.

Merga
07-05-2012, 07:01 PM
I remember getting Rick Roll'd so much when I was younger, I remembered the url link to it. I also surprised my dad when the song came on the radio, and I recited the whole song to him.

BreeZaps
07-10-2012, 03:08 AM
I got rick rolled like ten times my friend rick rolls her self just to hear the song :/

Patriot
07-10-2012, 03:59 AM
Sadly, you can't get away with rick rolling somebody nowadays because everybody knows the link.

joebob2311
07-14-2012, 12:46 AM
I got Rick Roll'd by chuggaaconroy in 2011.