PDA

View Full Version : Worst Video Game Company

SFB
07-05-2012, 10:12 PM
I was wondering what video game company do you guys hate the most.

Mine goes to EA, and NO IT ISNT EVEN PUT REGARDS TO ME3. A lot of the other titles like BF3 were a big disappointment to me. Other game series have been ruined by the overloads of DLC. (Sims 3) They over advertise every single one of their games and overhype them to the max to end up being a terrible or doesn't deserved hype game. EA continues to hurt the PC gaming market with their service Origin and just wanting to make more money and less for Valve.

I could go on but... I have to cut it off here see what you guys say.

Minntul
07-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Capcom.

I shouldn't even have to explain why. They've been so terrible lately.

Kamex
07-05-2012, 10:34 PM
I'm starting to dislike EA over the Online pass thing... It's like a big middle finger to the people who like to buy used games. Now they have to pay 50 bucks more just for the full enjoyment. (Unless you buy it on psn/xbl for 10$) but still it should've been free to begin with...

Uzi
07-05-2012, 10:45 PM
1. Blizzard

Why do you need to be online for single player

2. Capcom

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition with Rodeos Five Extra Costumes and a New CD Edition. Also, cancelling Megaman Legends

3. EA

For being EA. Hyped up games that lead to disappointment.

Why can't every studio be ATLUS?

Blue Cadet-3
07-06-2012, 05:16 AM
1. Blizzard

Why do you need to be online for single player

Because the auction house would explode and they don't want people to pirate the game. Honestly, Blizzard has really good products but D3 is dropping the ball.

EA because Origin is a thing. Also they compared Steam to Myspace.

Shiningbolt
07-06-2012, 05:19 AM
I'll have to go with Capcom here. I've been introduced to so many of their newest games, all of which haven't caught my interest in the slightest. They really need to learn to move on instead of just trying to add stuff to their games all year.

Kennyftw
07-06-2012, 05:36 AM
I also dislike capcom, the way they abandon the megaman X series and cancelling megaman legends thing

TheBlackYoshie
07-06-2012, 05:41 AM
I don't think EA or Capcom is all that bad
EA hasn't made that many good games but they did make some good ones like Dead Space,Bayonetta,House of Dead, & lots of good fighting based games.
& I don't really hate any game by Capcom besides megaman....I don't like megaman.I don't like Blizzard at all...=D

Red
07-06-2012, 05:45 AM
The worse is obviously EA. They buy out other companies in attempts to create a monopoly and release terrible sequels to many of those games which in turn ruins the series. They barely ever update their games whether they have a terrible bug or not. They've made stupid decisions overall. They also have terrible customer support like Nexon and only give you common sense procedures such as updating your video card drivers or reinstalling the game. I'd also like to add that their digital rights management system is also one of the most terrible things you'll ever encounter. They only allow 5 activations for a single disc which then causes users to resort to piracy when they happen to upgrade their hardware and are out of activations. A good example of this is Spore. What makes it worse is the fact that their DRM is based on SecuROM which is known to cause problems with CD/DVD/Blu-ray drives and open massive security holes in Windows.

Nexon is a close second though. They host Free to Play MMOs and frankly their servers are terrible, their customer service takes months just to get a response back and they practically made it Pay2win on their more well known MMO Vindictus. Oh and did I mention the compensation for any sort of problems whether they're serious or not is in the most useless items you could get.

/rant

TheBlackYoshie
07-06-2012, 05:51 AM
I take that back Bayonetta was made by sega so the only good game EA made was Dead Space everything else that EA has was made by other people like battlefield was made by Dice and Dragon Age made by Bioware and the harry potter series {which wasn't so bad for a movie based game} made by Warner bros games.

gameguy1996
07-06-2012, 10:32 AM
Capcom that have let a lot of fans down.

ShadowMr.L
07-06-2012, 12:38 PM
I say Activison. They're money grabbing freaks who can't let a game be out for more than a year. Not even 6 months in they give hints about a new game. Like really? I used to like them, but with this years title of "Modern Warfare 3" I've lost all interest in buying games from their company.

tinksfinks
07-06-2012, 04:30 PM
All companies not named Nintendo(well I don't think Ubisoft and Konami are THAT bad). The rest are just horrible money grabbers.

epickirby
07-06-2012, 07:53 PM
I'll say Sega, mainly because their most recent games haven't been good at all. I was disappointed in Sonic Generations, and I'm not really liking most of their other new games.

Ishnaarg
07-07-2012, 08:01 AM
I really hate Capcom right now. So first, they don't localize Monster Hunter Portable 3rd. After that, they get everyone hyped for Megaman Legends 3, and then cancel it. They don't even bother to revive it after the 100,000 strong for Megaman Legends 3 movement and even after reviving the game has been in their Capcom Unity suggestions box for the past 2 months. After that, they decide to announce Monster Hunter 3G for the 3DS, and after releasing it in Japan, basically spits on the western world with vague answers whenever somebody asks them about the game. It's sad how they can't give a straight "yes" or "no" answer to us. They are also contradicting themselves, by saying one time that it's possible, and then another time that they won't because of sales, and then saying another time that they have no plans for it, but it's possible. Capcom has seriously been making me rage for the past many months.

Rotomthemotor
07-07-2012, 08:19 AM
EA and Activision. Trash games coming out of trash interfaces with just garbage setups 24/7. You think EA is even semi-decent? Use their Customer Support. Dear god the horror stories from that are both tragic and hilarious.
http://i.imgur.com/iSk5Y.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/VGVni.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/9W8ET.png
Rofl so bad omg

Minntul
07-07-2012, 12:57 PM
All companies not named Nintendo(well I don't think Ubisoft and Konami are THAT bad). The rest are just horrible money grabbers.

>Implying that not every company are money grabbers including nintendo

Uzi
07-07-2012, 02:27 PM

Nintendo has released OoT like 3 times just because it sells. I'd call them a money grabber.

WillyS105
07-07-2012, 02:41 PM
Sega...I think they always kinda sucked...even there old consoles I never liked.

The Arrow
07-07-2012, 03:18 PM
I've been raging at Activision recently because of all the Modern Warfare crap they always release. They need to quit coming out with games every 5 months or something.

SwordMaster
07-07-2012, 03:27 PM
I was wondering what video game company do you guys hate the most.

Mine goes to EA, and NO IT ISNT EVEN PUT REGARDS TO ME3. A lot of the other titles like BF3 were a big disappointment to me. Other game series have been ruined by the overloads of DLC. (Sims 3) They over advertise every single one of their games and overhype them to the max to end up being a terrible or doesn't deserved hype game. EA continues to hurt the PC gaming market with their service Origin and just wanting to make more money and less for Valve.

I could go on but... I have to cut it off here see what you guys say. EA Was a game company I held deep in my heart for one reason; the Harry Potter PC games made in 2004/2005 they were my first video games so they are very important to me and they were good games. Shame EA sucks now.

I say Activison. They're money grabbing freaks who can't let a game be out for more than a year. Not even 6 months in they give hints about a new game. Like really? I used to like them, but with this years title of "Modern Warfare 3" I've lost all interest in buying games from their company. I agree with that statement.

Master Boo
07-07-2012, 04:05 PM
I've been raging at Activision recently because of all the Modern Warfare crap they always release. They need to quit coming out with games every 5 months or something.

^This is so true.

Patriot
07-07-2012, 04:50 PM
EA. Wanna know why?
http://consumerist.com/2012/04/congratulations-ea-you-are-the-worst-company-in-america-for-2012.html

Shantae
07-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Obviously EA, their games as for now are a waste for me. Hey, I played Golf, NHL, Baseball, and NASCAR of 2004 series. It was really good but after that I lose my interest in EA and I don't seem a point of buying it. EA is just worst video game company for me.

TheBlackYoshie
07-07-2012, 09:50 PM
ATLUS were the same people who made that demon's souls game I think,
damn that was a hard game,Never got into it cause I died...a lot.

Gyaradomo
07-08-2012, 04:41 AM
Mutters to self, "Ea,Ea,Ea,Ea,EA,EA,EAA,EAEAEAEAAAA. EA. No explanation needed. Also Blizzard because I've read up on situations about their service, although sometimes good, it just. No. Just no. Also Nintendo, not because it's bad, but because they didn't live up to my expectations at E3 this year.

tinksfinks
07-08-2012, 07:10 AM
Nintendo has released OoT like 3 times just because it sells. I'd call them a money grabber.

Then what about companies that come up with games annually with basically just updated squads/new maps/new weapons. Just because it sells.

MiniTapp
07-08-2012, 08:37 AM
I don't have an opinion on what is the worst exactly, but capcom would be a likely contestant.

Uzi
07-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Then what about companies that come up with games annually with basically just updated squads/new maps/new weapons. Just because it sells.

OoT was the same every time though. Except with adding Master Quest on Gamecube. CoD changes each time it's released.

BreeZaps
07-10-2012, 12:10 AM
Capcom they suck... Really they just do...

CriticalCalla
07-10-2012, 12:29 AM
i have to say ea, they put a code on all their online games, so if you want an ea game, you need to buy it new if you want online capabilities for all of their games

Patriot
07-10-2012, 04:51 PM
ATLUS were the same people who made that demon's souls game I think,
damn that was a hard game,Never got into it cause I died...a lot.

Why are you judging a company on how hard their games are?

Weavile
07-10-2012, 05:51 PM
Congratulations EA. You win!
Their marketing alone ruins it for me. For anyone who didn't see, to market Dante's Inferno EA hired a bunch of actors to stand outside their headquarters and protest it saying it went against Christian ideals. Needless to say, it was pretty bad:
http://www.zootpatrol.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/210657-51.jpg

In addition to that, their "Your Mom Hates Dead Space 2" marketing campaign featured actors who were supposed to look like hardcore conservative moms that were horrified by the shock and awe in said mediocre game.

The ads were clever, but they made gamers seem like immature and childish people which is what we really need to get away from.

Umbrony
07-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Capcom.

I shouldn't even have to explain why. They've been so terrible lately.

I agree. Last good game I played from them was Okami.

Minntul
07-10-2012, 11:26 PM
I agree. Last good game I played from them was Okami.

Even then, Clover Studio made that game. Capcom just published it.

sonriopoby123
07-11-2012, 01:21 AM
EA and Capcom.
Face it, these guys have just been terrible lately.
Last time I played a game from one of these guys, it was Okami. But even then, Capcom just published it from Clover Studios.

Triforcer
07-12-2012, 09:38 PM
All except Nintendo!!

SwordMaster
07-12-2012, 10:06 PM
All except Nintendo!!

Look at my signature and please, edit your post.

Minntul
07-12-2012, 11:26 PM
All except Nintendo!!

confirmed for bias.

Growth
07-13-2012, 07:56 AM
Worst video game company?

Activision.

They ruined the game I used to LOVE to play. They ruined the company I USED TO LOVE. Blizzard Entertainment. Yeah, I'm probably asking for a flamestorm here by saying I used to be one of those WoW players. I played ever since the game came out. Even though I was very young and just screwing around, it was still fun. Then I matured and started playing the game "seriously". Apparently, that was too late. The game suddenly had a online-store filled with stupid crap like Mounts you could buy for real money. The raids got way easier. The story got more and more ridiculous (I'm going to say that the Warcraft universe has one of the best lores of all time. If you read through it, It's like reading a long, long book.)

They took away all the fun I had in that game. Now I'm stuck with League of Legends and Starcraft 2. But It's okay... These two games are way better anyway!

tinksfinks
07-13-2012, 03:49 PM
OoT was the same every time though. Except with adding Master Quest on Gamecube. CoD changes each time it's released.

OoT was released 3 times in 14 years. CoD has an edition almost every year.

SuperSkittle
07-14-2012, 08:24 PM
I have to say I'm not pleased by the games cap com is making nowadays

truetreeckotyrant
07-15-2012, 10:35 PM
Theres this recurring theme of EA, Activision and Blizzard. :3 Honestly, I don't see too much of a problem with Blizzard, but Activision and EA really make me want to cry.

Blizzard actually makes good games. eg. Warcraft 3, Starcraft 2, and Diablo 3(<--- to an extent) Those games have been popular not because of the massive advertising campaigns, but because they offer something that very few other games offer: a spotlight on the professional gaming scene.

As for EA, they've really taken a step too far, namely with Battlefield 3 and its Premium service, for example. The base game costs $60, and this Premium service will cost you another $50, which gets you all 5 of the BF3 DLCs for free. They've also royally screwed over some very good franchises, namely the Battlefield, Medal of Honor Mass Effect, Dead Space, The Sims, and countless others by forcing the developers to constantly release, instead of taking some time to think of fresh ideas. Not to mention that the customer support would be better served by a 10 year-old (no offense to anybody here, you know what I mean ;). I've also had the pleasure of being served by EA customer support. I was sad afterwards. :(

However, the worst of the prevalent three would have to be Activision. As soon as I saw MW3 announced, I facepalmed. I even bought the game on Steam for PC, and it made me want to puke. They're milking the crap out of the Call of Duty franchise, a franchise that I used to respect, but whose respect I slowly started to lose after 2010. They're customer support is nonexistant, and worse of all, they never MAINTAIN the games that they release. Take Modern Warfare 3 for example. It is as glitchy as it was during launch, and the patches have been almost nonexistant. All that Activision cares about is spitting out more DLC, and making money off of idiotic consumers who buy first and think later.

crazy_boy
07-16-2012, 06:01 PM
1- LJN oooooooh dont get me started

2- capcom they really suck

3- EA do I HAVE TO SAY MORE THEN THE OTHER GUYES

Darkwando
07-16-2012, 07:37 PM
EA; trying to make more money off DLC? Nah.....

gamewiz71
07-17-2012, 10:06 PM
Probably THQ

XpL
07-19-2012, 08:02 PM
EA bandwagon boat train. Choo Choo Chug Chug

The emphasis on DLC is appalling to the consumer. Plus Origin is bloatware bus. Awful.

GigaGyarados
07-19-2012, 08:42 PM
THQ and what they are doing with Darksiders 2, like wat!

Cheat_Freak
07-19-2012, 09:55 PM
EA because I hate sports games.
Why can't we talk about our favorite?
This is sorta... well...idk.
random note:
Zuccini is a disgusting fruit!!!

UnjustEdge
07-20-2012, 06:43 AM
I'm gonna go with a bunch of people here and say Capcom. My god they've doing so many stupid things as of late. It's a shame that they cancelled Mega Man Legends 3 because I was looking forward to it.

Giratina720
07-30-2012, 06:53 AM
I hate the EA games, also I'm not talking about the EA sports, it's awesome, if I hate it, I would cry to my mom

Kyoits
07-30-2012, 09:46 PM
I say that Capcom 'cause they just have not been making any good games lately,very dissapointing

Rainbowdash372
07-31-2012, 02:58 AM
Activision cuz they're only good for call of duty, everything else they make is crap and Capcom cuz they just been sucking at making good games lately (perfect example- Steel Batallion for the kinect, that was complete crap) their only hope is to bring the Megaman series back and hope that Resident Evil 6 is as good as everyone says it is.

Gamersaiyan4
09-25-2012, 11:43 AM
Infinity ward because it made CoD look like a load of ******* made the game

Totodile
09-30-2012, 05:54 PM
The worst game company probably is EA. However I don't appreciate it when THQ gets lazy with their Wrestling Games.

TyphlosionX
09-30-2012, 06:30 PM
I go with Capcom because they are no taking time to make games because they just want money.
I'm ok with EA since I play sport games more now and I like NFS.

pikachumaster
09-30-2012, 07:16 PM
Capcom. My reason is that they are lazy, don't take time to make their games, and when they come out, are terrible games. EA is okay, not the best, but okay.

Kyoits
09-30-2012, 07:59 PM
Infinity ward because it made CoD look like a load of ******* made the game

What is wrong with you? Infinity Ward made CoD look good and really watch the language.