PDA

View Full Version : The Xero Remastery Project

Xerodragon12
07-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Hey guys! It's Xero, Superskarmory's artist! Anyways, wandering around the Artist Alley in Animenext and some other places, I've realized that some of my pictures that I've done are not up to par. These works include some of the walkthrough pictures that I've done, from Pokemon Black and White to Mario Kart 7. Looking back at some of these pictures, I wish I could actually do more for them. So I propose: The Xero Remastery Project. What's going to happen is I'm going to take three pictures at a time, and redraw them, and recolor them, this time with watercolor pencils and brushes, making them more awesome, and more presentable. I'm not going to go in any specific order, but if you want to see a certain picture redrawn, or recolored, PM me, and I'll get started right away!

List of Walkthroughs I've drawn for that you've seen:
Pokemon Black/White-not going to happen
Legend of Zelda: OoT-completed
Super Mario 3D Land-completed
Star Fox 64 3D
Sonic Generations
Mario Kart 7

Upcoming projects:
There's at least five pictures in this list, but I'm not saying which five

WillyS105
07-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Sounds cool.

Dakota
07-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Legend of Zelda or Super Mario 3D Land, please.

SuperEgenahnnee
07-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Sounds.....awesome :3

Xerodragon12
07-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Alright. One finished...
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
First seen, edited, in Superskarmory's Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Walkthrough.
Here's the original: 1252

And here's the remastered version: 1253
I did this one with watercolor pencils on a larger piece of paper, such that it won't fit in the scanner, so I had to use my camera. I had to cut down on the number of people in the picture, including Epona and some of the Skalfos.

Tainers14
07-09-2012, 05:54 PM
That Ocarina of time picture is looks really good. Well done.

Patriot
07-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Oh man, that is some true skill right there. Just simply awesome.

WillyS105
07-09-2012, 09:51 PM
The 2nd one is better, but the coloring on Ganondorf is wrong. everything else is great

Merga
07-09-2012, 09:58 PM
To be honest, I liked the first version better than the second. Most of the details on the second picture got erased, and the Zelda and Gannondorf designs look sloppier than the first one.

You may give me negative rep, but remember, this is an opinion.

BreeZaps
07-09-2012, 11:37 PM
Alright. One finished...
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
First seen, edited, in Superskarmory's Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Walkthrough.
Here's the original: 139

And here's the remastered version: 140
I did this one with watercolor pencils on a larger piece of paper, such that it won't fit in the scanner, so I had to use my camera. I had to cut down on the number of people in the picture, including Epona and some of the Skalfos.

Neat I love your pics :D

X!!
07-10-2012, 05:59 AM
All your drawings and artworks are epic. Remastered or not, they are all epic

Shantae
07-10-2012, 06:18 AM
Dang Xero, I saw some of your drawings in SS Youtube especially Pokemon Black and White one was so good! I like all of them and it's well done! *Clap*
Oh yeah, +1 Rep.

Bookmaniac
07-10-2012, 06:46 AM
I cannot be in the presence of such artisitic ability. I must go hide in a corner and be sad that I cannot draw as well as you. But I can splatter paint :D

Starry
07-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Great artwork!

KingCorphish
07-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Nice... I would like to see the Black and White Picture be redone.

Xerodragon12
07-23-2012, 05:12 PM
First off, I will not be redoing Pokemon Black and White, mainly because that's one that is perfect the way it is. It was meant to be in Black and White (a visual pun of the games' names) I can't think of anything to improve on it, mainly because I spent months toiling over that one in school, rather than two hours, for the rest of them.

With that out of the way, here's the next Xero Remastery Project: Super Mario 3D Land
Here's the original, from SS's walkthrough: 1311

And here's the remastered version: 1312

As you can see, the colors are more vibrant, and I moved some stuff around, in order to stay true to the actual game. The original was drawn WAY before the game was actually released, so I had to speculate on what the gameplay and course selection would be like. Now that the walkthrough's finished, I had a better sense of what the game was like. Enjoy!

ShadowMr.L
07-23-2012, 07:29 PM
The newer one is much better. I love how the coloring is much brighter. Nice job!

XpL
07-23-2012, 08:05 PM
I prefer the old one strangely enough. Both really good and detailed though.

Luna
07-23-2012, 09:18 PM
OoT-Prefer the original. The redone one is cool but I think the original looks better for some reason.
SML3D-Definitely the redone. The original seems incomplete because some of it has colour and some of it doesn't.

Xerodragon12
07-24-2012, 12:47 AM
SML3D-Definitely the redone. The original seems incomplete because some of it has colour and some of it doesn't.
The original was also full color. I used a scanner, but for some reason, the scanner isn't picking up at the same saturation. The remake was captured with a camera.

Umbrony
07-24-2012, 12:54 AM
please make me your assistant! I could help! >~< I envy you...
I wanna be like you when I grow up!

KingCorphish
08-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Could you remaster your Star Fox 64 3D Picture?