PDA

View Full Version : The most blandly colored game?

Kamex
07-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Well since there is a discussion about colorful games, then what is the most grey looking game you have ever seen?

For me it has to be the original ocarina of time on the N64. I get it is supposed to be realistic graphics, but realistic doesn't mean barely colorful

Minntul
07-08-2012, 10:35 PM
Any modern FPS game.

Seriously, where the colour at?

The Arrow
07-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Pokemon Red and Blue obviously. They made everything blue, even trees and stuff. I don't know, I guess that's just how things were back then.

Shantae
07-09-2012, 01:40 AM
Pokemon Red and Blue obviously. They made everything blue, even trees and stuff. I don't know, I guess that's just how things were back then.

This, and Pokemon Yellow was also still decorated yellow. It was just start also. But also the Super Mario Bros, it was like black and white felt me a bland color game. Again it just start.

Uzi
07-09-2012, 01:47 AM
Any modern FPS game.

Seriously, where the colour at?

This. Too bad brown and bloom sells like hotcakes.

WillyS105
07-09-2012, 03:07 AM
Dumb Question:

whats Blandly mean?

Kyoushiro
07-09-2012, 03:34 AM
"Bland" means "Boring." Or unexciting, flavorless, etc.
I'm not really sure on this one... I guess I'd agree with Mental about modern FPS games. They all just seem like shades of green, brown and red to me.

Patriot
07-09-2012, 03:38 AM
Well to be honest, not all modern FPSs are blandly colored.

Only the Call of Duty series, which is composed of a lot of brown.

Battlefield 3 probably has too much blue in their color scheme, though.

BreeZaps
07-09-2012, 03:41 AM
Pokemon Red and Blue. the trees are really black and white. And it just looks weard. :/

Patriot
07-09-2012, 03:48 AM
Pokemon Red and Blue. the trees are really black and white. And it just looks weard. :/

What would you expect from a game that was made 16 years ago? The original Game Boy didn't have the capability for color anyways.

gamerx2
07-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Pokemon red and blue. The early pokemon game just look bland.

Dragonite
09-16-2012, 07:45 PM
I want to say Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow, and the Super Mario Land line of games, but I really can't since the early Game Boy didn't really do colors that well.

I'm going to go with the "modern FPS games" thought. And, to be a wee bit more general, any game that tries too hard to have the best graphics in the universe. TLOZ: Twilight Princess was a great game and all, but I look at any given map in that game and think "the woods between my high school and the highway are more colorful than this."

Davismt
09-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Common logic, any game that's in black and white. A bland one that's actually colored would be Pokemon Red and Blue.

Gazzbonazza10
09-18-2012, 01:31 PM
does a very very old version of tetris count?.. *justwondering*

Totodile
10-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Pong of course. It was a black and white video game. Highly addicting though.

Merga
10-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Obviously you people have not played LIMBO. Fun puzzle game, but it just looks bland overall because of the lack of color and BGM. This is done however to make the game look more morbid because LIMBO isn't supposed to be a happy game at all.

Umbrony
11-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Pokemon Red and Blue for the Gameboy classic. They were completely gray. I can't say for sure on the Yellow expansion, because I have only played that game on the GameBoy color, and the towns all had color, so I really can't say there.

Tuxy
11-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Pokemon Red and Blue for the Gameboy classic. They were completely gray. I can't say for sure on the Yellow expansion, because I have only played that game on the GameBoy color, and the towns all had color, so I really can't say there.

Afaik, The GameBoy Classic only had a Black/White screen...