PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Sigs

sonriopoby123
07-10-2012, 09:09 PM
What do you think of my two sigs? Should I stick with both, or one? Weavile is making another one for me, so I plan on getting rid of one.
(Keep in mind I didn't make these)

Christian
07-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Keep the top one. Their both good but I think you should use the top one.
Of course its all up to you.

Prospering
07-10-2012, 11:05 PM
I agree with Christian you should keep the top one, it looks really cool.

Umbrony
07-10-2012, 11:22 PM
The top one is awesome. XD I love Cinccino. :3

Shantae
07-10-2012, 11:25 PM
As, everyone will relied the top signature. I will allow you keep the top signature since that Cinccino is so cute. XD

sonriopoby123
07-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Well, looks like I'll be using the top one, even SS said I should keep it.

Qwerty
07-11-2012, 09:47 PM
In all honesty, I don't really like the top sig at all.
Reasons:
1. Text is hard to read, looks kinda eh
2. Looks like the work of a gfx beginner (aka what all my old stuff looked like -_-)
3. It has the Qwerty Border TRUE TERROR

The sprite is alright, never cared for them in sigs.
If weavile's making one for you, I would suggest using it. He/she is pretty good.

Weavile
07-11-2012, 10:00 PM
If weavile's... He/she is pretty good.

qurty plz xD

The background of your sig is pretty good, it has a cool look and flow (even though it looks like you had a bit too much fun with ripple filters)
The render and the text is what needs work.

The render looks almost like you slapped it on after making the rest of the sig. It doesn't fit in with the flow at all. The best way to describe it is that it's on top of your image, not in it. Lighting effects and gradient maps help out a lot when making this better. If you use a C4D experiment by putting that on top of your render instead of underneath,

The same could be said for the text. The font is alright, but it's hard to read and blends with the background. ALWAYS use drop shadow on text. No exceptions, ever. Adding an outline or a glow to the text might help, if you tweak it to your liking. In my experience text looks better when you have less of it. Multiple lines are also a no-no. Text also looks better when it's on top of the render, or very near it.

Most of this is nitpicking and not a really big deal, it's pretty good, especially if it's your first.
This post was also made as part of the "putting off filling my requests" series.

sonriopoby123
07-12-2012, 01:56 AM
Uh, guys, I didn't make the sig.
KarateConch made it.
From the old forums.
So Weavile, I guess you wrote all that for nothing.
Sorry about that. -_-"
Although, those tips could help me try to make my own sigs.

Weavile
07-12-2012, 02:14 AM
What do you think of my two sigs?

Then don't take credit for other peoples work. That's plagiarism.

sonriopoby123
07-12-2012, 03:27 AM
The word 'My' is to be used when you own something.
It dosen't mean I made it.
I'll guess I change it though. Hope I didn't bother you or anything.

Red
07-12-2012, 03:53 AM
The word 'My' is to be used when you own something.
It dosen't mean I made it.
I'll guess I change it though. Hope I didn't bother you or anything.

You don't own it either. The original creator of the signature owns it. He/she only allows you to use it.

Qwerty
07-12-2012, 04:23 AM
Don't worry about it really, they're just being precise.
Just do what you like and put what you want in your sig. Go ahead and disregard everyone else's opinion, its your sig (as long as it's appropriate of course, no breaking rule #1!)