PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Nintendo Console

DeMrTeunio
07-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Since they saved the gaming industry from the 1983 crash Nintendo has made excellent home consoles. Some are fun because of their classic feel and simplicity, others because of their advanced controls and graphic/sound capabilities. Which one do you see as your personal favorite?

NOTES: Handhelds aren't included here, and the Wii U isn't on it in case anyone reads this after it's release.

EDIT: My personal favorite is the N64. I love the other ones too, I especially have fond memories of the SNES, but the N64 has the best library of games in my opinion.

Gamersaiyan4
07-12-2012, 06:56 PM
I have like 30 games on the n64

SonicMario777
07-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Wii, because the later the systems, the better they can become. And while the past systems have great memories and I have enjoyed them, the Wii is very much awesome to me, and I hope the Wii U takes it a step further.

Uzi
07-12-2012, 07:26 PM
It's really hard deciding between the NGC, N64, and SNES.

I'm going with the NGC because that's what really made me get into video games. So much time wasted playing SSBM and Paper Mario.

Prospering
07-12-2012, 07:35 PM
My favorite is N64 because there are a bunch of fun games on it like mario kart. The N64 is one of my favorite consoles.

Minntul
07-12-2012, 07:52 PM
A tie between the SNES and N64. Both have a great amount of fun games that I could play all day.

Ishnaarg
07-12-2012, 08:17 PM
My favorite is the SNES. There were lots of great games, like The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, multiple Final Fantasy games, Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, Megaman X, and more. Also, if you lived in Japan and had a Super Famicom, you could get a Satellaview and play some more Zelda, Dragon Quest, and F-Zero. The controller was also really good for its time.

WillyS105
07-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Your missing one...The Nintendo Virtual boy is the best console ever. duh :P

But really N64 is the best Console ever, not just for Nintendo. It has the best games on it. Super Mario 64, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, Golden Eye, Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, Smash Bros. If you had a N64 you had at least one of those games, and all of them have been either remade or been given squeal (well not sure about perfect dark or not) 2 of favorite game ever or N64 games. It was my first console ever, and my favorite. And the Controller was just great...
My only complaint about the system is the game cartridges. Remember haveing blow the dust out of them? And they not being labeled was a pain.

I think my biggest video game mistake ever was selling my N64 and the games...So stupid of I.

Shiningbolt
07-12-2012, 11:15 PM
My favorite console is the Nintendo Gamecube. Out of all of the consoles I can think of, most of the ones I played and remembered were on that system. I really love titles like SUper Mario Sunshine, Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Sonic Adventures 1 and 2, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Tales of Symphonia, Pokemon Colloseum, and a bunch of other games that I couldn't think of on the spot. I think Nintendo did a great job with the games for that system and it really makes me cringe when I think of most Wii games.

Giratina720
07-13-2012, 12:51 AM
I like the Wii better;)

Yoshirocks341
07-13-2012, 01:24 AM
I would have to say the GameCube, I grew up on that thing and it has a lot of memories, and so many Mario spin-offs that I enjoyed.

shadowdude
07-13-2012, 02:37 AM
i like the wii the best

Shantae
07-13-2012, 06:49 AM
I think it's tie with Nintendo 64, and Wii. This literary an hard choice to pick the favorite Nintendo Console (Well, I think Wii is kinda overrated but I have that console. NES, and SNES, these consoles I don't have them. Especially along side GameCube. I don't have that console either). For sake I'm Nintendo fan, I like all of them, seriously.

I just can't resist that I had Nintendo 64 from my parent's friends about 5 years ago or so. I only have Pokemon Stadium, that game was blast and I went so far until Elite Four (with Rentals) but never beat the Elite Four and especially the Champion Blue. That jerk face. I wish I could buy more N64 games but they are hard to find in store =(. The Nintendo 64 games were start that Nintendo is competing with Microsoft and I think that console was the best by far in that decade (1990's) because the games and etc. Seriously for the Wii, it was highest mark point ,and it hit largest point in Nintendo because of their games release are so god games once the Wii was released in 2007 (I think) like these popular games, Super Smash Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy (1 & 2), Mario Kart Wii, Mario Party, Legend of Zelda, and more. Geez, I am proud what Nintendo had done in past decade. I am also proud that I'm a Nintendo gamer over Xbox (in my opinion).

Sorry for long statement. ):

DeMrTeunio
07-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Your missing one...The Nintendo Virtual boy is the best console ever. duh :P

Well, handhelds aren't included, and even though you'd look like a complete idiot taking it with you it was sold as a handheld. I don't think anyone really feels it's missing from this list though. :D

tinksfinks
07-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Wii. It has all my fondest gaming memories and appealed to a (rather wide) audience. Pity it missed out on the ''hardcore'' though. I wouldn't call myself hardcore nor casual but I enjoyed it a lot so I don't really care about the ''hardcore'' games which are full of ***, violence and the like.

Darkwando
07-15-2012, 06:28 PM
Wii, hands down. I'm not the oldest gamer out there, so I grew up with GC and Wii. The Wii had some of the best games that I've probably ever played.

gamerx2
07-15-2012, 07:24 PM
I have to say game cube. Game cube had many great games, like super smash brothers melee. I love the game cube.

Judge Mandolore Shepard
07-15-2012, 07:25 PM
I would have to go with Nintendo 64 since that was the first Nintendo console I ever played on. Plus that was the one my best friend had.

GRK
07-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Nintendo 64, it was my childhood! Paper Mario, Ocarina of Time, Goldeneye 007... SO many great games!

crazy_boy
07-16-2012, 04:09 PM
I'm with my very first console the N64

SuperSkittle
07-19-2012, 12:06 AM
I like N64 and the SNES both really cool systems

Dabottle
07-19-2012, 02:12 AM
The Gamecube. It had wonderful games like Wind Waker, Sunshine, Melee, TTYD (which I've never played :(), Double Dash!!, Pikmin, Pikmin 2 (I played them both on the Wii :(), XD, Colosseum and, most importantly, Path of Radiance!

The Wii was quite disappointing and I prefer the GCN to the N64 (which had no FE games). The SNES had great games too.

Spirrwell
07-19-2012, 02:33 AM
My first gaming console was the Nintendo 64. I remember my brothers hooking it up and starting up Super Mario 64 for the first time when I was four. Needless to say I never got to play it until later, but I did get to play the NES. I actually think we already had an NES, but I don't remember it until after we got our Nintendo 64, I don't know, my memory is a bit scattered as I was really young back then. Although I can remember vividly playing Super Mario Bros. 3 and breezing through the game with the magic whistles all the time.

Later I got introduced to the Sega Genesis, but I don't have any memories with it, and it's not relevant to Nintendo here. I didn't really get a chance to play the Super Nintendo until much later with Super Mario World and Mortal Kombat. But before that I really got into the Nintendo 64 when I was about 7-13 years old. When I was somewhere between 7-10 I played the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time for the first time with my nephew and we got stuck at where you're supposed to play Saria's song and I never got to beat that game until a couple of years later as I moved away. I remember playing when my friends and I used to really get together a lot and play games, we used to get together and play Conker's Bad Fur Day a lot. My friend had the cartridge, but his parents had realized when he first got it, that it was a mature game, and they wouldn't let him play it for quite some time, you can pretty much guess how that went. :)

If it wasn't obvious I have the most memories with the Nintendo 64, I do have a GameCube and Nintendo Wii, but it feels like there's not that much to them as more attention seems to be paid to their portable consoles. I would've voted Nintendo 64, but I went with the Super Nintendo, because now that I'm older, I look back and realize what I missed out on playing it. Sure, the Nintendo 64 might've been the greatest leap Nintendo took technology-wise and game-wise, but the Super Nintendo took the steps to get there, it had the greatest graphics for its time, it had great controllers, and great games.

Triplewolf
07-19-2012, 03:12 AM
I'm going to guess people are going to go with the system they grew up with here. For the most part anyway.
All of the systems have ups and downs. Personally I have to choose GC. Has some of the most fun games.

SilkShadow
07-19-2012, 03:41 AM
Wwii is the best. Where is the Ds series?

Kyoits
07-30-2012, 07:33 PM
My favorite would have to be the Gamecube

SuperSceptile
07-31-2012, 07:21 PM
i only have the wii so ya.

Totodile
10-28-2012, 02:27 PM
My favorites are the Nintendo 64 and the Wii.

Shaymin
10-28-2012, 02:31 PM
Definitely the Nintendo GameCube.

Sammiiee13
10-29-2012, 02:24 AM
I personally loved the gamecube. I spent so much time playing that system. I remember one week I was too sick to go to school for about four days, so I spent the whole time playing Mario Kart and Sonic Mega collection. I know I still have it around somewhere, and the games and memory cards.

Pokemon73
10-29-2012, 03:39 AM
i love the wii because of all the games they have created like super mario galaxy 1+2 and legend of zelda skyward sword (they should make it for the 3ds because of the imprisoned battles)

BreeZaps
10-29-2012, 04:23 AM
I like the wii for its pokemon games and its mario games. I found Pokemon park 2 really fun. And new Super Mario Bros 1 and 2.

ILIEKPIE
10-29-2012, 05:20 AM
I like gamecube because it is truly the the console that got me into nintendo. I remember playing Gales of darkness, and ruby on it.

Cutiepuffle
10-29-2012, 01:47 PM
SNES, it was my first console. While the N64 had some good games, I HATED THE CONTROLLER. I like the titles on the SNES more, plus the controller was actually good.

FelsicFurret
10-29-2012, 07:52 PM
I will go with the Wii. It had some great games, like its entries in the Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros series, as well as Super Mario Galaxy. And it could play all of the great GameCube games.

DarkGlaceon
10-29-2012, 09:54 PM
I really enjoy the Wii, my most favorite Nintendo Console in my opinion. =D

~OkamiSaphira/DarkGlaceon

pikachumaster
10-29-2012, 10:19 PM
Wii and Nintendo 64.

I wonder if in 50 years someone is reading this and they are all "What is a Wii? And a N64 and a NES, and a SNES? And a Gamecube?"

Elso579
10-29-2012, 10:47 PM
I like the Game cube best since it was my first console ever

Cutiepuffle
10-31-2012, 12:59 PM
Wii and Nintendo 64.

I wonder if in 50 years someone is reading this and they are all "What is a Wii? And a N64 and a NES, and a SNES? And a Gamecube?"

Chances are, the internet won't exist in 50 years.

megagamer
11-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Wii!

I love the Wii because they have many great games and if you havent noticed....Games on the Wii have more detial then on the Ds. (Sonic colors for example)

Tuxy
11-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Though I have never played on a Nintendo 64 myself, I have played some of its games on Virtual Console. Judging from that, I'd have to go with it.

Zekrom man
11-03-2012, 11:35 PM
N64 has the best games, it was the most revolutionary, and it was the first video game console I've ever played.

Rocket
11-04-2012, 12:07 AM
The N64 burns your hands off.

Lucario is hot
11-04-2012, 12:09 AM
which ones

Rocket
11-04-2012, 12:14 AM
which ones

Button Mashing Games,Inc.

Ayra
11-04-2012, 12:22 AM
NGC was the best. It had the Shadow Pokemon games, so point I
it had Paper Mario TTYD, so point II
it had SSBM, so point III
it had Wind waker and majoras mask, so point IV and V

i just wish it had some kirby games to put on my list.

Rocket
11-04-2012, 01:01 AM
NGC was the best. It had the Shadow Pokemon games, so point I
it had Paper Mario TTYD, so point II
it had SSBM, so point III
it had Wind waker and majoras mask, so point IV and V

i just wish it had some kirby games to put on my list.

You got some points there,but I dont like joystcik systems.

Ayra
11-04-2012, 02:40 AM
You got some points there, but I dont like joystcik systems.
are you talking about the C-button? if so, id like to point out that it is completely USELESS in some games. but in other games it did very well. it was a literal waste of solid matter in the shadow games, but it played well in SSBM

dud190
11-04-2012, 03:47 AM
It's nice that that nintendo used their head and came up with another version of the wii, Wii U, like black and black 2. For that reason and many more(VM me if you really want to know...) I choose wii.

LovelyOshawott
11-04-2012, 05:24 AM
The wii had the channels you could just watch a video about a new game so the wii.

Lucario is hot
11-12-2012, 08:23 PM
the n64 has the best games like super mario 64 and legend of zelda ocarina of time

DarkSide
11-13-2012, 01:55 AM
My favorite is ether GameCube or Wii (so many memories...)

Wolfy
11-13-2012, 01:57 AM
The nintendo 64 is the sexiest console on the planet. I have one. and it just sits there, and is quiet, and looks sexy all day.

Clairvoya
11-13-2012, 02:07 AM
I've only played two of these consoles, the Wii and Ga,exuberant, and mine is the Wii because I've played and am playing so many awesome games on there. I only remember three GameCube games that I can remember the titles of. It could be a tie if I have a better memory.

SuperPikachuTNT
11-22-2012, 03:37 PM
I'm happy I own the n64 I played games on that for hours the strange conntroler was very hart hold ( i played Olny pokemon games I had author games with it like Zelda oot ahh I never got to finish it.)

♏Ա§♪ℂ~
11-22-2012, 06:05 PM
Does 3DS count if it doesn't then the Wii. It is the best!~

phantomscar
12-14-2012, 07:47 AM
i liked the SNES since it was the first consle to have 3D, the colour and sound was much better and it had some of my favourite games like chrono trigger, secret of mana and earthbound/mother 2

LovelyOshawott
12-14-2012, 11:02 PM
Wii, for sure.

Rocket
12-14-2012, 11:17 PM
Dont wii all like the Wii?

TheTrainerExpert
12-15-2012, 12:35 AM
I really love the games I have played on my GameCube. So I gotta go with the GC!

KingCorphish
02-26-2013, 01:32 AM
The GameCube, it is AWESOME! You don't have internet capabilities, so you actually have to have friends over and its better for all social matters.