PDA

View Full Version : Skyward Sword Speak!

Dakota
07-15-2012, 11:58 PM
Skyward Sword looks awesome, and I've heard great things about it, from certain people also known as tainers14. Post what you will about the epic game here. Riding Loftwings is fun!!!

SuperSkittle
07-17-2012, 02:43 AM
Loved skyward sword long and hard but loved it don't want to spoil anything definitely try it out

Ishnaarg
07-17-2012, 03:56 AM
Skyward Sword is a great addition to the Legend of Zelda franchise. The new motion controls add a lot to the combat, making it feel a lot more fun than in previous installations of the Zelda series. I love how the areas are organized, and how Nintendo cut out the lesser used items, or improved on less useful items from the previous Zelda games. The way you revisit areas is creative, and doesn't subtract from the experience, since the areas have new twists every time you revisit them. There is a large amount of new puzzles in this game too. The block pushing puzzles are gone in favor of more creative and fun puzzles, and there is an awesome new time travel sort of mechanic in one of the areas you'll be visiting. The art style is a great fit for Zelda, and is also great for the Wii, considering its outdated hardware.

The only gripe I have about this game is the lack of exploration. Sure, you can fly around all you want in the sky, but the sky is just so empty. It's not like the ocean in Wind Waker. The sky isn't littered with little flying balloons, or floating command stations, like the submarines and guard towers in Wind Waker. There's just a few islands here and there and to be honest, the sky is quite boring. If it weren't for the amazing music, I would absolutely hate the flying in this game, but the music makes it bearable. It also feels very small compared to Wind Waker's ocean. On land, there isn't much to explore either. The areas are all very well designed, but you'll be visiting all the places in an area during some portion of the game.

Despite my complaints, Skyward Sword is still an excellent game. It is fun, and the new puzzles will definitely make you think at least a little bit. The new combat, mechanics, items, and music are all great. It's one of the better Zelda games in my opinion.

shadowdude
07-17-2012, 05:01 AM
skyward sword is the best game ever!!!

crazy_boy
07-17-2012, 04:50 PM
skyward sword is a truly epic game. it's in my opinion the best zelda game so far...it was so long it took me 60 hours to finish the game.
and the final boss is one of the best final bosses in history.
also the ending is so sad and happy on the same time..
it is the best game of 2011

DeMrTeunio
07-17-2012, 05:26 PM
There is already a thread like this one. Anyway, Skyward Sword is a really good Zelda game, not my favorite, but definitely up there.

Master Boo
07-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Great Zelda game, but after beating Hero Mode, I fell like I have 0 reason to return. Fun while it lasts, but not sure not has much replay value.

TheRocker502
07-21-2012, 07:08 PM
Skyward Sword is awesome! I've played it, and like I said, It's awesome! I haven't beat it, though. I already know what happens, though. I like spoilers for things I like.

Pokemon73
11-28-2012, 09:54 PM
i love skyward sword because of the story all the unique boss fights

Reiko Asagiri
12-02-2012, 04:53 AM
Skyward sword was a great game! I've almost beaten Hero Mode and it's just so cool!!!

Zekrom man
12-06-2012, 12:42 AM
I hated skyward sword.

Tainers14
12-06-2012, 03:36 PM
^ Is there any reason why you hated it?

brecot
12-06-2012, 08:03 PM
I loved it. Tainers, how did you start to lie The Legend of Zelda?