PDA

View Full Version : Creative(and good) Pokemon movesets thread

UbersSuck20
07-16-2012, 06:21 AM
Here you can post many underrated or creative Pokemon sets. These are the rules that you will need to follow:

1. Your set must look like this(this is an example):

Pokemon: Aerodactyl @ Power Herb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly (-SpA, +Spe)
- Sky Attack
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hone Claws/Roost

Although this set may seem like a gimmick, it actually pays off really well in UU. Since Aerodactyl is so fast, it will almost always come out on top against many threats such as Mienshao, Houndoom, Mismagius, Weavile and Roserade and revenge kill them with Sky Attack(although the OHKO is not guaranteed in the case of Weavile). The Power Herb is necessary for Aerodactyl to bypass the charge-up turn required. Stone Edge is required on this set for a strong STAB, and coming off decent Attack, it really hurts certain threats expecting a lead set. Togheter with Earthquake, it forms a phenomenal combination that very few Pokemon resist. Hone Claws is used to power up Sky Attack even more, but Roost is a viable option for the dinosaur to increase its survability.

2. You must comment on the set above you, because we will need other opinions so that we will make sure the set is good.
3. Please contribute to this thread. Don't post comments such as "OMG RESTTALK GYARADOS PWNS" or "lolz choice scarf hitmontop sux".
4. Not all the sets have to be gimmicks, because there are creative and usable movesets that differ from the standards.
5. BW2 sets are accepted.

Start!

LatiosDestruction
10-10-2012, 06:13 PM
I came up with this set that I didn't see on smogon
Pokemon:Azelf @Choice scarf
Trait:Levitate
Evs:252spe 144spatk 112atk
Psychic
Fire blast
Ice punch
U-turn/trick

I never see scarf azelf.the ev split between attack and sp.attack might need some changes

LatiosDestruction
10-10-2012, 06:16 PM
I like the aerodactyl set. I have always been a fan of sets that surprises your opponent

Weavile
10-11-2012, 01:03 AM
Crobat @ White Herb
Trait: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
252 Att/252 Spd/6 Sp. Def
-Curse
-Acrobatics
-Cross Poison/Any Physical Coverage Move
-Roost

>not using the copypastable Pokemon Online Template
>fite me

Kinda gimmicky and easily walled by about half the metagame, but it really does feel good to use Curse, lose your item and then use a powered up Acrobatics. It hits fairly hard, so it's all good.

Zachgoose
10-13-2012, 03:47 AM
My favorite gimmicky set to use is definitely a Jirachi set I invented. It uses Cosmic Power, Wish, Charge Beam, and Doom Desire. Jirachi boosts up until it becomes unkillable and has +6 Special Attack, and then Doom Desire will one shot everything, since it goes through resistances.

UbersSuck20
10-21-2012, 06:45 AM
Here is a SubPunch Weavile set:

Weavile @ Life Orb / Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
Trait: Pressure

- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Beat Up
- Ice Punch

Since Starmie generally fears Weavile's Pursuit, this set aims to set up a Substitute so that Weavile can destroy Steel-types that think they can wall him with Focus Punch. If Weavile has a Life Orb and an Adamant nature, even Scizor will think twice before U-turning. This set is best paired with a bulky Ghost-type such as Co***rigus.