PDA

View Full Version : You say goodbye... And I say hello! Chatbox Watching

Umbrony
07-18-2012, 10:30 PM
Anyone notice when someone leaves the chat, another new person or two almost always take thier place?
I'm starting to get suspicious. Any opinions on this?

((I'm just bored. Just asking a random question I observed.))

Tuxy
07-18-2012, 10:33 PM
I thought about that too...
Suspicious...

ShadowMr.L
07-18-2012, 10:34 PM
I don't really notice that. At least you're not saying things about people leaving the forum and coming back a day later.

Dabottle
07-18-2012, 10:35 PM
IT'S A !!!CONSPIRACY!!!

To be serious, you're imagining things. Stop.

Umbrony
07-18-2012, 10:35 PM
I don't really notice that. At least you're not saying things about people leaving the forum and coming back a day later.

Ah, I forgot to mention that...

Also, why do people leave and come back--

Haha #imjustplayin

ShadowMr.L
07-18-2012, 10:46 PM
It's because no one can stay away. "They always come back." - Kyoushiro

Kamex
07-18-2012, 11:18 PM
IT'S A !!!CONSPIRACY!!!

I was JUST about to post that too. It's a conspiracy how we thought about the same thing.

About the topic, though I think It's great that one person takes the leaving person's place. At least the chat won't ever be dead! ^-^

Davismt
07-18-2012, 11:48 PM
I think It's true. Today right when Kyo left, Judge Mandalor Shepard or someone came right after she said bye. Suspicious....

Kyoushiro
07-18-2012, 11:54 PM
I don't see how it's suspicious. =/ It's just how things work? I go off to do other things and then someone else can come along and talk. I don't see what the big deal is.

SFB
07-19-2012, 02:24 AM
It just happens, it isn't like someone will never use the textbox again. I do however notice that.

Spitfire
07-19-2012, 02:51 AM
Well let's look at this from the righteous objective look of Spitfire. We assume we have an average of let's say 5-7 people in the chat averaging out our median to be 6. Number 6 leaves leaving us with one more member than left of with (or rather averaging out what you said to 1.5 which rounds up to 2). As such we have 658 members. Assuming we lose one and gain two new ones that means a total of three people must be involved in the equation we can assume that after we see that we would have 217 rounds of people leaving and entering all of which are new. That or conspiracy is generally not well though out and often times stupid, by my standards anyway.

Meaning you're thinking there are more people than there actually are because your brain doesn't recognize leaving and eventual joining of another member and thus creates an odd feeling of people sticking around while telling you someone "new" has joined.

~Egofire

The Arrow
07-19-2012, 03:22 AM
I guess I notice. Sometimes whenever I get off of the ChatBox people always have to say something to me, but I can't answer because I'm not on the ChatBox. xD

Shiningbolt
07-19-2012, 06:15 PM
It's called lurking. Also, people coincidentally come back the moment someone leaves. Also, it seems some people at the same time as someone they considered fun to talk to.
True Facts: I was considering posting a conspiracy theory, but then I got serious. Really. I'm not lying.

GigaGyarados
07-20-2012, 11:19 AM
Beatles. xD And yeah, sometimes I notice that but it's just a coincidence.

XpL
07-20-2012, 12:21 PM
It's just one of those things. People like to come and go and it somehow just all ties up.

Gyaradomo
07-20-2012, 05:35 PM
Yea, 1 or 2 people come on everyday and sign up on the forums. You just notice it when people go. It's your paranoia, don't worry about it.