PDA

View Full Version : Link vs mario

newsupermariobros
07-20-2012, 10:24 PM
Which one is more powerful?You decide

The Arrow
07-21-2012, 01:41 AM
I believe Link is more powerful because he has more options as far as weapons go, that being a sword, bow, and many others. Mario, on the other hand, has very few weapons. Basically, he can only jump on enemies by himself, but he has more options when it comes to transforming into a Hammer Bro. or some other enemy. That all being said, Link is clearly more powerful.

Totodile
07-21-2012, 04:34 AM
I have to say Link. Link is an elf who has a bow, a sword, a shield and many more weapons. Mario can only jump on goombas and shoot fireballs.

WillyS105
07-21-2012, 04:39 AM
Mario has better games, but link would win in a fight.

Unless he had some stars with him...link cant beat star power

poppop1221221
07-21-2012, 06:06 AM
mario will win

XpL
07-21-2012, 11:09 AM
Mario with 99 lives.

DeMrTeunio
07-21-2012, 11:26 AM
Link is a great hero for many reasons. Mario doesn't really have much going for him, the main reason he is such a succesful hero is because his enemies are so horrible. In a direct battle, Link would win easily.

ShadowMr.L
07-21-2012, 02:09 PM
I have to say Link. Link is an elf who has a bow, a sword, a shield and many more weapons. Mario can only jump on goombas and shoot fireballs.
He can also turn into turtles, get smaller with Mini-mushrooms, get smaller by being hit once, turn into a raccoon, frog, bear and so much more. I like Link, however I say Mario is a better hero.

Shiningbolt
07-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Mario isn't THAT weak, guys. I guess Link would still run circles around the guy, but Mario's one tough plumber! I'm being so ironic here, but I'll repeat myself:
I think Link would win in a fight 'cause weapons.

TheRocker502
07-21-2012, 07:01 PM
Link. Only because I have experience with him. I have played some Mario, but I like Link the most. Geez. Stop making such difficult questions! XD

Shantae
07-22-2012, 03:38 AM
Mario could have potential to beat Link (like using powerups from Mario games) . But Link can beat Mario easily by his weapon sword just like bam! The games however, Mario would be the victor by popularity. But in versus? Link would win, no matter what.

The Hero of Time
07-22-2012, 10:43 AM
Yeah Mario eats mushrooms which make him fatter and shoot fire balls and can crush things with his weight but Link is just a kid (or a adult with the master sword come to think about it!) But the main thing about Link is that he has strategy! He has swords, boomerangs, hookshoots, masks, slingshots, bows and arrows, a magic ocarina, Epona, bombs and bombchus, a hammer, and empty jars! He can Z-target or L-target you to find out your next move. And even if all those things don't work Navi's wittering will eventually kill Mario! So in all due respect Mario, your fired and Link, your hired. http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrdenpeeGF7WEa-RFzrayrI9M9QhvqSJiaG2wENyAreHFxYPbZmQ

KingCorphish
08-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Link is so much cooler. Also, he has a sword. What does Mario have? A Mushroom?

TyphlosionX
08-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Link would win because he has more skill and more weapons but the only way mario could beat him is by using stars and maybe a giant mushroom but on the other hand link would win.

Flubbs
08-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Mario should just jump to a high legde and spam fireballs and Link cant get to him because Link can't really jump. Or Link can just shoot arrows at Mario.

Starry
08-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Mario should just jump to a high legde and spam fireballs and Link cant get to him because Link can't really jump. Or Link can just shoot arrows at Mario.

Link can jump, but the only option is in Links Awakening, but he can always jump.
Anyway Link would win. I mean lets take away magic AND powerups. Link has fire arrows and normal ones because there is actually fire arrows in real life. Link has a sword,boomerang, bottles for slapping, drive a train, ride a flying bird, ride a boat, ect. Mario can jump, punch,and kick. Now lets ADD magic and powerups. Link can teleport, turn into things from plants - angry gods, control the wind and storms, control TIME ITSELF, turn into a rabbit, and his sheld, swords, AND BOTTLES, can reflect energy blasts!. Mario can shoot fire, ice, fly for a limited amount of time, and turn into steal. But he needs to find powerups, and he can only take 3 damage in the main games. Link also is faster, and can breath in water and wont die right away in lava. Link wins.

Liegesauras
08-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Link. It was the first game I ever played, and he has all those masks in Majoras mask to transofrom with. He also has an arsenal of different abilities, and he can use Navi to annoy Mario.

SuperSceptile
08-09-2012, 01:47 AM
link because mario could only hit him with fireballs and link would block them with his shield.

CaptainRed1000
08-09-2012, 04:10 AM
Link has fought Tentalus, Demise, Ghirihim, Gannondorf and even that giant sword wielding thing at the Water Basin!!! I'm sure he could own Mario!!!

ProgrammingPro01
08-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Definitely link. He has more weapons, and overall just stronger.

Kyoits
08-10-2012, 12:46 AM
Link would win because he can just stab Mario or blow him up, maybe both

shadowdude
08-10-2012, 05:50 AM
mario because he can have infinite lives

UbersSuck20
08-10-2012, 06:09 AM
Both, although Mario would win in a fight.

above: Link can also have very good HP.

Champion Cynthia
08-11-2012, 01:59 AM
Link, he can use itemsz.

flamedog3333
08-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Mario can have over 99 lives while link has one with 20 hits... Mario would be the victor especially if he was toonki because he would than have a couple seconds of invincibility!!!!!

talkingMeowth
08-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Link whould win unless mario had one of those mega mushrooms that make him gigantic.

mars29979
08-24-2012, 08:12 PM
it depends what game it was mario would win a mario and link would win on zelda

Umbrony
08-25-2012, 03:59 AM
Mario.

CLASSIC, SUCKERS!

Minntul
08-25-2012, 01:07 PM
Link is armed to the teeth. I'm pretty sure he can take on Mario very easily.

pkmnraster
08-25-2012, 01:09 PM
I say Link because Mario weapon aren't the best but the twin fire dragon are cool
Link Has a Bow Boomerang Bomb Shield and the Triforce attack is epic

tinksfinks
08-26-2012, 02:50 PM
Link has the brain to solve puzzles but Mario is able to improvise so many things to become his weapons. But vote goes to Mario because he can at least get a kiss from the princess

supermariofan
09-05-2012, 11:38 AM
mario wins! at a video at ssbb you see that mario almost owned link!

Tuxy
09-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Link has a sword a bow and other weapons. Mario has his shoes and sometimes a hammer and fireballs. I don't think there is much room for an argument here.

X!!
09-07-2012, 01:32 PM
Mario is clearly more powerful. Link may have all those cool weapons and the brains to solve puzzles, but Mario has the items, power-ups, and the ability to get something done without a strategy. Also, if you pit Mario and Link in a duel while they use their items all out, Mario will obviously win. In a direct combat without items, Mario will still win. Why? Mario has superhuman strength. e.g. Mario can destroy castles just by stomping on them.

Tuxy
09-07-2012, 01:57 PM
Mario is clearly more powerful. Link may have all those cool weapons and the brains to solve puzzles, but Mario has the items, power-ups, and the ability to get something done without a strategy. Also, if you pit Mario and Link in a duel while they use their items all out, Mario will obviously win. In a direct combat without items, Mario will still win. Why? Mario has superhuman strength. e.g. Mario can destroy castles just by stomping on them.

Fire Flower - Shield
Star - Runs out after few seconds, Link can just run away
Tanooki Suit - Pathetic item anyways... I mean, a tail... Link can just cut that of with his sword
Hammer Suit - Shield
Blue Koopa Shell - Jump on the shell and deafeat like a regular Koopa
Mini Mushroom - Stomp him
Mega Mushroom - Same as star

Also, don't tell me Link doesn't have strategy!

X!!
09-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Fire Flower - Shield
Star - Runs out after few seconds, Link can just run away
Tanooki Suit - Pathetic item anyways... I mean, a tail... Link can just cut that of with his sword
Hammer Suit - Shield
Blue Koopa Shell - Jump on the shell and deafeat like a regular Koopa
Mini Mushroom - Stomp him
Mega Mushroom - Same as star

Also, don't tell me Link doesn't have strategy!

I never said Link doesn't have a strategy... Also,

>Fire Flower - Shield
I agree with you there.

>Star - Runs out after few seconds, Link can just run away
But the Star increases the user's speed so Mario can outspeed Link at least land one hit on him.

>Tanooki Suit - Pathetic item anyways... I mean, a tail... Link can just cut that of with his sword
Unless Mario turns into stone.

>Hammer Suit - Shield
I 75% agree with you there.

>Blue Koopa Shell - Jump on the shell and deafeat like a regular Koopa
Mario isn't a regular Koopa.

>Mini Mushroom - Stomp him
But the Mini Mushroom increased the user's speed in NSMBWii so Link will have a hard time stomping him. And besides, Mario will probably not use the Mini Mushroom in a battle against Link.

>Mega Mushroom - Same as star
The Mega Mushroom is stronger than the Star and it also increases the user's speed so Mario will be able to stomp Link. If you have any disagreements with this, let me just say in my defense, you used the exact same reason with the Mini Mushroom.

Christian
09-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Powerful? Easily Link, as stated above he's got more weapons and doesn't need to eat possibly toxic shrooms for the magic(?) or whatever to take effect.
Mario is much more fly though.