PDA

View Full Version : Future of tournaments on the SS forums.

Tainers14
07-29-2012, 03:52 AM
Hey everyone! it's your friendly neighbourhood moderator here to present to you a new announcement about tournaments!

First off, I would like to congratulate Shiningbolt for being the Usain Bolt of Touhou and winning the tournament! Your prize will be in your mailbox sometime next week! Be sure to check it daily, Bolt! Secondly, I would like to apologize for the tournament being unorganized, it was more of a test tournament and I was testing out the brackets as well, since i discovered it 10 minutes before. I know where I made mistakes and I will fix them for the next tournament.

As for the future of tournaments, Super Eyan wants me to host weekly tournaments, however I am only willing to do this if there is a big enough of a response. It will be for different games each time, and the tournament will not always repeat. Ideally, I want to get a season type of competition, where you play against a bunch of people whenever you want, and rack up points and it ends at the end of the month. If this were to happen, I would have to do it for a game that is really popular. For the next tournament, I am either thinking about Mario Kart 7, or Smash bros Brawl. I know that MK7 is really popular around these parts, and it has the potential to have interesting tournament layouts, so we might try and do that sometime in the future.

The main point I want to get across is that, I want to know how you guys feel about tournaments, I know some of you guys pmed of what you wanted to be improved, but I want to hear the feedback from you guys on where to go with tournaments. Also, post if you want weekly tournaments or not. Preferably for me, I would rather have them every couple of weeks. But whatever you guys want I guess. Constructive criticism is allowed, however keep bashing to a minimal. There's a difference between flaming, and suggestive advice.

Thanks for reading ;D
~ tainers14

BreeZaps
07-29-2012, 04:14 AM
Ya MK7! I must go play the game more to get better at my weak tracks. =D I cant wait! And weekly tournaments sounds good to me!

Red
07-29-2012, 04:24 AM
I'm up for weekly tournaments. It'd be nice to see a Nuzlocke race too every once in awhile.

SFB
07-29-2012, 04:42 AM
I am up for them, just do it on weekends though D: , School is trolling me on weekdays

EpicCh33se
07-29-2012, 05:26 AM
I love the idea about tournaments.
Weekly tournaments sound great too, but won't you eventually run out of games to have tournaments in due to the lapse of time between each tournament being so short?

poppop1221221
07-29-2012, 05:28 AM
Can we do pokemon tournaments soon?

Growth
07-29-2012, 12:40 PM
LoL tourney kthxplx.

Nah, but this sounds really cool. I approve of this whole weekly tourney thing.

X!!
07-29-2012, 12:49 PM
I don't think I will be doing tournaments, but I think It'll be best to host tournaments once every 2 weeks. You'll eventually run out of games and you could get frustrated when hosting a tournament every week. So this is what I think:

1st week - Finish the tourney
2nd week - Take a break

And then the process repeats itself.

megagamer
07-29-2012, 01:37 PM
I love this idea! I want to do a super smash bros brawl tourement!

Shiningbolt
07-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Thank you, tainers. My mailbox and I will get along swimmingly while I wait for my precious prize.
As Amami (EpicCh33se) said, I think it could be difficult to have varied tournaments all the time due to how quickly you could run out of ideas. There are some great games out there with wifi capabilities that no one, or not enough people, have and rotations could leave those unfortunate people out of the loop for months. Of course, on the flipside, this allows different people to participate in tournaments and actually earn a...a...what do we win? Do we win anything?

XpL
07-29-2012, 01:56 PM
The game choice is worse than that of WCG 2012.

tinksfinks
07-29-2012, 02:16 PM
I'd join an MK7 tournament every week, SSBB may consider but depends on the times as well since everyone lives in different timezones. I think this is the main problem

TheTrainerExpert
07-29-2012, 02:57 PM
I think I would like a Brawl tournament.

Dakota
07-29-2012, 03:35 PM
I think the Tournaments should be every 2 weeks, for cooldown time, and time to prepare for the next one. Also, could a Mario Kart 7 Tournament wait a bit? Just wondering, it doesn't have to.

MatthewZ124
07-30-2012, 12:14 AM
Just a suggestion, like a lot of people have been saying, maybe do it every other weekend. It gives more time to finish and a little cool down time. Also gives time to suggest what game you wanna do next.

Christian
07-30-2012, 04:45 PM
Ah, I would love to participate in tournaments. I always enjoy playing da' games.

Kyoits
07-30-2012, 10:21 PM
I hope they do Mario Kart 7 because I am very free to play on the weekends

TyphlosionX
08-11-2012, 09:53 PM
SSBB yeah I'd like a tournament for the next torunament and weekly tournaments to.

Rainbowdash372
08-11-2012, 10:01 PM
I would like a MK7 tournament, anything to get me back up on playing my 3DS again plus it would be fun. And yes to me Weekly tournaments sounds good though do more of them on the weekends ^_^

Patriot
08-12-2012, 01:27 AM
I would really like to see a TF2 tournament. Why? Because it's free and fun. I have MK7, but my DS doesn't accept my internet connection. LoL would also work good too.

KingCorphish
08-16-2012, 02:35 PM
I would like MK7 Tournaments and Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournaments every week, and every other week would be another game for a tournament. Also a Star Fox 64 3D Tournament would be nice.

SilkShadow
08-16-2012, 05:05 PM
I think a MK7 tourney is a great Idea, but you might want to have a couple. I am getting a 3DS in the mail today. I got to pick out 4 games, and I decided i didn't want MK7 immediately. I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't have it yet or want to get better to compete. Thanks for reading :)

CriticalCalla
08-16-2012, 05:47 PM
I guess a Pokemon tournament would be fun. Even if people don't own the game, the battles can be done over Pokemon Online.

ShadowMr.L
08-16-2012, 08:47 PM
I'm with Calla on a Pokemon Online Tournament. Pokemon Online is awesome! Also any further ideas I get will be edited onto this post.

newsupermariobros
08-17-2012, 02:35 PM
How about pokemon black and white online tournament?It sounds fun to me but it's your decision.

UbersSuck20
01-10-2013, 05:27 PM
I would like MK7 Tournaments and Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournaments every week, and every other week would be another game for a tournament. Also a Star Fox 64 3D Tournament would be nice.

If I had a 3DS, there's no way you could beat me at Star Fox 64 3D. I got 535 in Area 6 on the N64 version.

Ayra
01-10-2013, 08:18 PM
how about on the first weekend of november we have a pokemon X&Y tournament?