PDA

View Full Version : If Ash had Pikachu since the first anime, why isnt Pikachu Lvl. 100?

Charizardflyer
08-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Why isnt Pikachu Lvl. 100 if Ash had him since when he was in kanto?

Dabottle
08-04-2012, 12:12 AM
Because levels haven't be mentioned since near the beginning of the anime afaIk and because Pikachu is "reset" at the beginning of each new season of this awful anime.

whiffet
08-04-2012, 04:33 AM
My theory is that Pikachu has the potential to be the most powerful Pokemon in existence, but Ash and a few other characters drain the poor fella's strength and turn it into life energy at the end of each region. In this way Pikachu reverts to a low level and Ash can stay eternally young. Ash's Pokemon journey keeps going because he needs to retrain Pikachu in order to harvest more life energy.

SuperSceptile
08-04-2012, 08:55 PM
because ash is the worst pokemon trainer ever. red is much better. but i cant believe pikachu lost volt tackle for electro ball!

Champion Cynthia
08-04-2012, 09:01 PM
because he used a no level gain cheat. nuff said
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________________
http://superskarmory.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=420&d=1344105203

Tuxy
08-04-2012, 09:53 PM
I'm not that much into Pokémon Anime, but I've heard that there is never a mention of levels in it. So how can you be sure that his Pikachu isn't in fact Level 100?

Shantae
08-04-2012, 11:50 PM
First of all, like I said in "Pokemon Anime" thread. My theory is, Ash's Pikachu wasn't really that strong if he goes to new regions. Like Ash is going to Unova region, Pikachu suck up his power by Zekrom to prevent owning the Gym Leaders so easily or overpowering and owning against trainers or some other reasons. As going to the other regions, Pikachu has some sick effect or something to start at low level. Despite, Pokemon Levels wasn't mention in anime, which it's kinda complicated. But it we got an idea here that Pikachu starts like Lv. 5 (just like the region Starters) once Ash goes to new regions. The answer to your question is in bold or whiffet post.
Or what tainers14 said. Thanks for clearing it up.

UbersSuck20
08-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Ummm... that is not true. He got his full power back in ep 2.

Maybe because GameFreak or who the hell makes the anime thought Ash would sweep their teams, and they used cheats to make Pika lv 5

X!!
08-08-2012, 11:54 AM
Well, as much as I wanted Pikachu to be overpowered, he can't. Why? Because the show won't be fun if Pikachu owned every trainer and gym leader, that's why!

Wildheart
08-08-2012, 02:09 PM
It's probably because of how crappy the anime is getting, not aging the characters etc. But I guess it's sort of good to not age the characters, it would be sort of weird if Ash was like 23 xD They never really show levels in the anime anyway, and Pikachu will probably never evolve because in the episode when Nurse Joy offered him the thunder stone he refused it for some reason I can't remember. And yeah, like above. If Pikachu actually seemed level 100, there wouldn't really be any fun in watching Pikachu defeat pretty much every pokemon in one go.

Tainers14
08-08-2012, 04:06 PM
You people...

The anime and games are two completely different factors. Later on in the anime, they evidently dropped the whole level system. The games are based solely on numbers while the anime is based on having sweet skills and epic poses. And honestly, if Pikachu was supposedly level 100 the show would be ash and pikachu one shotting everything. And there is no "level reset" they are just shocked by the new pokemon and the new sweet skills that are in the newer regions.

Qwerty
08-09-2012, 12:26 AM
Because Anime Logic.
Aka no logic.
Get used to it.

MegaGible13
08-09-2012, 01:16 AM
Because he went right passed level 100 and is currently at level 371. I calculated his exp gained a while ago based on everything he's done and he's really close to 372.

CaptainRed1000
08-09-2012, 03:14 AM
That's Pokemon logic for you...It doesn't exist!

Kyoits
08-13-2012, 03:20 PM
Maybe because levels don't matter in the anime, only in the games were you have to be high leveled to beat the game

Kamex
08-13-2012, 03:26 PM
Actually at one point in the aime I did hear this girl say "your pikachu will have to be at least level 25 to beat mine" Which made me skeptical... Maybe he gets a new pikachu every season? xD

The Arrow
08-13-2012, 03:32 PM
I have a special theory on this. I think it goes somewhat like this...

Pikachu used to be a Pichu, making it a brother of many other Pikachu, and that it doesn't want to get anymore powerful than any of its other ancestors. If the Pikachu got stronger than any of the other Pikachu, then it would have to suffer in an endless pit, and 10-year old Ash doesn't want that to happen.

So basically, they reset his Pikachu's strength at the beginning of every anime in order to keep it legit, and not have his Pikachu over-powered to where it could own any opposing Pokemon. It's either this or the Pokemon anime is really stupid.

I figure Pikachu is around level 50 right now in the Unova anime, and because of this resetting, who knows if his Pikachu has ever even reached level 100? It's a wide-open discussion.

Patriot
08-13-2012, 09:41 PM
The only reason Pikachu isn't like some uber level is because they have to keep making it so it looks like Pikachu goes from the bottom to the top each season. When you want to overmilk your cash cow, you gotta throw some logic out.

The Arrow
08-14-2012, 04:53 AM
When you want to overmilk your cash cow, you gotta throw some logic out.

You mean like taking the milk out of a cow such as taking the strength out of a Pikachu dropping the level at which it's at? That makes sense to me.

poppop1221221
08-14-2012, 05:20 AM
Because it keeps getting hit with a magenetic force remember that eliectric pokemon can not get hit with another megnetic thing because it drains all of it powers down to level 5 and zeckrom why draining well idk if thisis true but he drain pikachu powers idk

super dill
08-14-2012, 11:59 AM
This is my idea because when they are done with a region they go home and rest and they do no training so pikachu loses all the energy he gain every time they go back home.

Umbrony
08-14-2012, 04:35 PM
I've been wondering why Ash still looks ten. Isn't he like 19 by now?

Shiningbolt
08-14-2012, 06:11 PM
They decided to turn Ash into a 10 year-old again, so...Ash is 10 when he's supposed to be a few years older. Pikachu is obviously very powerful, but it certainly doesn't look like he is in an actual battle. I like to think he's just holding back all the time.

Starry
08-17-2012, 12:30 AM
and Pikachu will probably never evolve because in the episode when Nurse Joy offered him the thunder stone he refused it for some reason I can't remember.
I remember because, as stated in a pokemon book, *ahem* Pikachu just wanted to stay pikachu! *reads in derpy, stupid voice*
But to answer the levels question,
1. No levels have been mentioned.
2. Even though it might not SEEM like it, the reigons are always there, so trainers and gyms alike would be a little bit more powerful because of training longer, than ash making Pikachu seeming weaker by default.

You are all wrong because when they are done with a region they go home and rest and they do no training so pikachu loses all the energy he gain every time they go back home.

I can see where you are with that, but just because he doesnt train doesnt mean he would be any less powerful. The Champions sometimes wait YEARS for someone to get to them, and they are just as powerful.

I've been wondering why Ash still looks ten. Isn't he like 19 by now?

I would say hes 13, 15 tops. He probally could finnish at least 2 reigons in one year, there are 5 reigons in the anime, So 13, 15 tops

Actually at one point in the aime I did hear this girl say "your pikachu will have to be at least level 25 to beat mine" Which made me skeptical... Maybe he gets a new pikachu every season? xD
I think that girl was in the episode where a private school she was in, COMPLEATLY relied on a computer game with levels.

ShadowMr.L
08-17-2012, 12:55 AM
It really baffled me about this too. And at this point, well with Hoenn I stopped caring of Pikachu's level. I wish he WOULD be level 100 at one point.

Chihaya
08-17-2012, 03:36 AM
I just always figured they rest Pikachu at the beginning of every season. I'm not too sure about the movies...?

newsupermariobros
08-17-2012, 02:44 PM
I have no idea but he should have evolved it into a raichu in my opinion

Dragonuser
08-18-2012, 07:10 AM
Kanto:HE STARTED! Jotoh:The gym leaders,so powerfull. Honen:Ash went home with pikachu.ashs mom poisons pikachu so he dies and she has ash forever and ever. Sinoh.Pikachu isnt poisoned but hes weak. Unava;Zekrom
I fail at spelling

NhJaden
08-22-2012, 05:55 AM
because ash is a very terrible terrible trainer

Hellwaker
08-22-2012, 09:45 AM
Pikachu looses all his levels because after every season he goes on a be... cordial(squash) , yes a cordial binge at the end of each season and looses all his lvls.

Dragonuser
08-24-2012, 05:36 AM
Its ashes mom i tell you!!!Shes after pikachu...She lourd ash into unava were she hoped zekrom would kill him

Graph
08-24-2012, 05:25 PM
All the drugs given to him to improve his fighting/health stunted his growth, duh.

Umbrony
08-24-2012, 07:48 PM
It's Ash's mom, I tell you!!! She's after Pikachu... She lured Ash into Unova, where she hoped Zekrom would kill him!

I'm sorry, I couldn't help it. That was written terribly.
Nice theory, though. I'll credit you that.

mars29979
08-24-2012, 07:53 PM
because then it would be boring because ash would always win

Gazzbonazza10
08-29-2012, 10:35 PM
all this talk of no mention of levels in the anime, and yet I swear something was mentioned when ash was visiting a poke-school in the sinnoh region, idk, maybe i was hearing things...

Gamersaiyan4
08-31-2012, 08:09 PM
because some idiot thought this "ohh hey maybe at the start of every region pikachu should suck and make Kanto people a bunch of ******* who cant fight" true story.

Dragonite
08-31-2012, 08:40 PM
The anime doesn't really follow the same logic as the games. If it did, then Ash, Iris and whoever is in the show these days wouldn't have to eat at thing, Ash would have fought with 6 evolved Pokemon, could spend half a day fighting random encounters, sweep the E4 and Team Plasma and be on their way.

I'm guessing that Pikachu starts to get out of practice between the end of the previous generation and the start of the next one, like an athlete who does zero offseason training would.

Totodile
12-04-2012, 10:04 PM
It's because Ash is the Justin Bieber of the Pokemon World and doesn't have the skill to train Pikachu to level 100.

Leafeon
12-04-2012, 10:37 PM
It's because Ash is the Justin Bieber of the Pokemon World and doesn't have the skill to train Pikachu to level 100.
lolwut?

Because, if Pikachu gets overpowerd then the anime might start losing some viewers. Like who wants to see a one hit KO pokemon battle?

Dabottle
12-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Because, if Pikachu gets overpowerd then the anime might start losing some viewers. Like who wants to see a one hit KO pokemon battle?

Would be more exciting than the current anime.

Rocket
12-04-2012, 11:06 PM
Nintendo logic, odviously.

Cutiepuffle
12-05-2012, 01:07 AM
My theory is that Ash drains Pikachu's strength and converts it into eternal youth at the end of each region.

Merga
12-05-2012, 02:17 AM
My reason: The Pokemon anime stopped making sense after season 3, and continuity is a complete myth. Therefore, Pikachu isn't level 100.

Austin
12-05-2012, 03:00 AM
Nintendo logic? Nope, Ash just simply presses "New Game" after every region. In Sinnoh he even migrated his Aipom!

SuperPikachuTNT
12-05-2012, 05:48 AM
Well I watch evry single episode beside the banned episoid and unova so yes thay menton levels in "the schools of hard knocks" whare the kid was on the simulation his bellsprout vrs Misty's starmiy and yea it said levels if I am trusting my old memory of that and pikachu is not level 100 cause ash is an idiot

phantomscar
01-03-2013, 05:47 PM
I feel that it is just really lazy due to the periods of time between each diffferent season, also it is the anime, which never makes sense.

Antinny
01-03-2013, 08:29 PM
I think maybe because he hasn't had Pikachu for 100 Years yet....Duhh... :)

Ice
01-03-2013, 11:21 PM
I think maybe because he hasn't had Pikachu for 100 Years yet....Duhh... :)
So, by that logic he's either level 1 or 16, depending on how you're looking at the time. That... makes no sense...

If levels existed in the anime, Pikachu wouldn't have tied with a Latios that the guy had probably put some effort into training and then lost to a Snivy fresh out of Juniper's lab. Don't give me this loss of electricity bull****, if the anime worked like the games, Pikachu would have landed a hit first and OHKOed. But the anime doesn't work like that so the writers can do whatever the hell they want with their characters to make it more "exciting". Though clearly the way to do this would be to have Ash destroy the league, and while he is gloating have his Pidgeot return, drop him off a cliff and kill him. Then they can try to make a new series that may not be as bad or just drop it.

yes that was retarded kill me now

Bricktoad
01-03-2013, 11:38 PM
Far from it, you actually used logic.
*GASP* Whats that???

Antinny
01-04-2013, 12:59 AM
So, by that logic he's either level 1 or 16, depending on how you're looking at the time. That... makes no sense...

If levels existed in the anime, Pikachu wouldn't have tied with a Latios that the guy had probably put some effort into training and then lost to a Snivy fresh out of Juniper's lab. Don't give me this loss of electricity bull****, if the anime worked like the games, Pikachu would have landed a hit first and OHKOed. But the anime doesn't work like that so the writers can do whatever the hell they want with their characters to make it more "exciting". Though clearly the way to do this would be to have Ash destroy the league, and while he is gloating have his Pidgeot return, drop him off a cliff and kill him. Then they can try to make a new series that may not be as bad or just drop it.

I was being sarcastic. lol (as in 1 level every year. It was a joke. XD)

megagamer
01-12-2013, 01:52 AM
Because Anime is like that. Pikachu would be too strong.

Rocket
01-12-2013, 04:51 AM
Nintendo logic, guys.

Kyoits
01-12-2013, 05:50 AM
This thread should really just be locked.