PDA

View Full Version : Every type challenge run

Tropius the Tank
08-04-2012, 03:07 PM
The way this challenge works is that throught the game you pick up pokemon of a type you dont already have , and put it on your team. So you may have multiple teams of 6. So by the time you get to the Elite 4 you have all the types to use.

The rules to this challenge are...
1.The first pokemon you see of a type you don't already have must be your pokemon of that type.
2. Dual types are allowed.
3. You must have every type by the time you get to the Elite 4.
4. Your highest level team member can only be 5 levels above your lowest level team member. If he becomes 6 levels higher, you can't use him until your lowest level member catches up.
5.You may swap pokemon out of your PC as you wish.
6.HM slaves are allowed.

This will be hard since you will be mostly underleveled but you will have lots of team diverstity. It will be a challenge but it will also be lots of fun.

Christian
08-05-2012, 11:44 AM
I will try it, this doesn't sound hard at all because I can make a good team to fight the game itself easily out of the first types I see.

Shantae
08-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Sound an interesting challenge, but I'll not going to try it as right now. Even through the challenge isn't that hard since you can pick diverse types, I'm not in mood to do it right now or so. Maybe anytime soon.

Sir Lemons
08-09-2012, 06:19 AM
I usually do that anyway in pokemon games, besides the guidelines of course.

pokeuser7878
08-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Im gonna give it a try on pokemon Black

Normal=Patrat
Water=Oshawott
Fire=
Grass=
Electric=
Flying=
Ground=
Rock=
Psychic=
Ghost=
Ice=
Fighting=
Steel=
Bug=
Dark=
Dragon=
Poison=

Oh and by the way if its a dual type does it mean you are not aloud to catch another pokemon, so like if i catch a cottonee, and then i run into a sewaddle am i aloud to catch the sewaddle or not?

Dabottle
08-09-2012, 02:28 PM
If you have not caught a bug type, then yes, you must catch the Sewaddle and use it. You must still use the Cottonee. However, if you run into Sewaddle and then Cottonee, you cannot use Cottonee. At least that's how I think it works.

I'm going to do this in Heart Gold by the way. It might make Johto SOMEWHAT INTERESTING.

Charizardflyer
08-09-2012, 08:41 PM
It sounds interesting, but i like useing only two pokemon.

Kyoits
08-10-2012, 02:01 AM
This sounds very intresting, so i'll do the challenge i'll try it with pokemon black and white

Dabottle
08-10-2012, 02:06 AM
Totally cheesing this challenge with Repels. :3

EDIT: Current types. Levels, moves, etc. later.

Grass - Chikorita.
Normal, Flying - Spearow.
Ground - Sandshrew.
Psychic - Abra.
Poison - Nidoran F.
Bug - Yanma.
Fire - Growlithe.
Rock - Sudowoodo.
Electric, Steel - Magnemite.

Left: Water, Ice, Dark, Dragon, Fighting, Ghost.

10/17.

Tropius the Tank
08-11-2012, 02:27 AM
I'm being sorta a hypocrite telling people to try the challenge when i'm not trying it myself. So I will try it on Heartgold and see what i get. I will try to post as often as i can with whats happening.
Water: totodile
Normal: Rattata

Ice
08-11-2012, 02:39 AM
Started on Platinum to make it interesting for me. Ran into three Starlys without Poké Balls, and when I finally got some, I found a Bidoof!

Water - Piplup
Normal - Bidoof
2/17

Tropius the Tank
08-11-2012, 02:53 AM
I feel for you Ice. I have had tough luck in the beggining with pokemon. Now i have to lug around a butterfree for the rest of the game. I named him Butter just because of that.
Water: Totdile (Crunch)Lv.9
Normal: Rattata (FEAR)Lv.3
Flying:Pidgey (Tailwind)Lv.2
Bug:Caterpie (Butter)Lv.3
4/17

The Arrow
08-12-2012, 10:26 PM
I think I'll do this challenge on Pokemon Pearl.

Shiningbolt
08-13-2012, 02:23 AM
I may try this in my Pokemon White 2 playthrough, so I'll keep this in mind for the near future. Who knows? It could be really cool for me.