PDA

View Full Version : Recipe Sharing (Om nom nom.)

Umbrony
08-05-2012, 03:08 AM
Okay. First off, this is just a thread for people who KNOW how to cook. If you don't know how to cook, in other words, you are under the age of ten, when you should be no where near a stove, unless you are an idiot like me, who is 13...
This is a thread for you to share something you know how to make. Just--
No toast.
No scrambled/boiled/sunny side up eggs. Those are not recipes. just thought I'd make something that the older forum members could reply in.

You see, I found this recipe for "Tea Eggs" the other day, (three weeks ago) and I've been making them ever since (with the help of my twenty year old cousin)!!!! They're like a Chinese 'snack', I guess, and are basically just hardboiled eggs cooked in soy sauce and tea, and are delicious, and easy, and wonderful!

6 eggs
5 tbsp soy sauce
2-3 tbsp loose leaf green tea (or Chinese black tea)
2 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
one cinnamon stick, or 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
(if you want, include 1 tsp of star anise, but since this can be hard to find, the recipe is still good without it!)

Turn stove on high and place eggs in a pot and fill it with water, making sure the eggs are covered by the water. Add the rest of the ingredients and place pot on stove until it boils (you might want to stir once or twice).
Once the mixture boils for about a minute, lower the heat of the stove to low and take the eggs out of the water one by one and crack them all over. This is what allows the soy/tea water to enter the eggs' shells and give them flavour and colour! Then, place the eggs back in the pot and let them cook for 2 more minutes or so.
Once the eggs have cooked on low for a couple minutes, turn off the stove completely, cover the pot, and leave it to cool down naturally and sit overnight. Once the stove element has cooled down completely, keep the eggs in the fridge. It's best to keep the eggs in the mixture, so that they can continue to absorb the flavour. For best results, leave the eggs to sit and soak in the juice (in the fridge) for 2-3 days. But otherwise, you can eat them the day after making them!

Enjoy!