PDA

View Full Version : To: People Who Keep Threatening to Leave the Forum for no Reason.

Dabottle
08-06-2012, 02:16 AM
Stop. It's irritating.

I understand you have low self-esteem and you want to compensate for this by getting false praise and attention from everybody. However, this happens way too often and it's incredibly annoying and selfish. Nobody else cares and all you do is cause commotion. I know you want attention, but you could also get that by being a decent member and contributing positively. All you're doing is wasting everybody's time. Please stop it.

tl;dr you're annoying

Red
08-06-2012, 02:24 AM
I second this.

Champion Cynthia
08-06-2012, 03:28 AM
It is dumb to do that :l dont get why people do it.

Weavile
08-06-2012, 03:54 AM
I agree. Most of the people who do it don't ever leave, they just want people telling them why they should stay.

ShadowMr.L
08-06-2012, 03:54 AM
I fourth this. It gets very irratating and we can't do anything to keep them shushed and happy.

Merga
08-06-2012, 03:55 AM
I agree with this. The people who keep threatening to leave will just come back the next day, only because they have nothing else to do. So stop it unless you are leaving for a good reason (life, school, etc.).

Spitfire
08-06-2012, 04:00 AM
Honestly most of you in the chatbox know that if you want something done you shouldn't threaten to leave because then everyone will just dare you to do it. So unless you're actually serious then don't do it.

Qwerty
08-06-2012, 04:45 AM
^
What spitty said. We value contributing members of the community. If you just complain and whine no one is really going to care what you say.

sonriopoby123
08-06-2012, 04:45 AM
I, uh, tenth this.
>it's annoying.

Minntul
08-06-2012, 04:52 AM
>it's annoying.

pls don't use this if you don't know how to. pls.

But yeah, I agree. You're not going to leave anyway and you're only trying to get attention for yourself.

Umbrony
08-06-2012, 05:35 AM
Anyone who threatens to leave, ignore it. They always come back the day after. They can't help it.
They are just setting a bad example for our new users.

Shiningbolt
08-06-2012, 09:44 PM
The repetition in these posts are...repetitive...in a redundant way (I know, it's like vouching for an opinion). How about I add to this silly symphony?

So like, I'm not sure if this is really attention-seeking, but there's this neat little story called "The Boy Who Cried 'Wolf'" where everyone gets jaded by this boy's constant, repetitive wolf warnings, which never turn out to be the truth. Whether or not you're trying to get attention by threatening to leave, people will stop caring little by little once they realize you're not really doing it. And finally, that wolf might actually come for you one day and you'll just wonder where everything went wrong. It's obvious, though.
There are better solutions to solving your problems rather than running away from it all or giving out threats, especially over the Internet. I have yet to see anything serious enough to make someone want to leave for good, so please. Think about what you're doing. Is it really worth your time worrying people every day? Making people hate you as much as you played it off to be? You decide! On the next drama game show!

BreeZaps
08-06-2012, 10:10 PM
I agree with this. I may have left for a few days cause my mom is very sick(Thats why I put myself on Invisible mode) my laptop stopped charging (I just got it fix). And My dad has work so I need to go to my omas for daycare. And all this, is very good reasons!

What I think of this.
Saying something like. "Im sorry I have to leave the forums forever good bye." Then the next day coming back saying "Im back. Im not leaving." Is just crazy. Like my EX-boyfriend use to say. "Im tired of leaving then coming back the next day." If you feel like you need to leave the forums then just leave, then come back when you feel ready. Dont go and say to everyone that your leaving for good then come back the next day.

Just saying what I feel that I needed to say. Im just tired of it.

Edit:
i'm leaving guys, i've no good reason but i'm leaving anyways see you in a few minutes

Stuff like what he just said happens to.

I have yet to see anything serious enough to make someone want to leave for good, so please.

I agree with bolt. I have not seen anything that would make people leave. And if there is the mods and admins could remove it if its really bad. But if its for something silly then... YOUR JUST PLAN CRAZY!!!

Graph
08-06-2012, 10:16 PM
i'm leaving guys, i've no good reason but i'm leaving anyways see you in a few minutes

Blue Cadet-3
08-07-2012, 05:18 AM
This thread makes me want to leave the forums for five minutes while I use the bathroom.

Zachgoose
08-07-2012, 01:49 PM
I think Lord Penguin's initial post summed it up. If you don't want to stay on the forums, then leave without whining about it. Throwing a pity party to get yourself attention only makes yourself look bad, and will not improve anyone's opinion of you.