PDA

View Full Version : User Forums

Umbrony
08-06-2012, 05:41 AM
Alright. I am here to send out a desperate plea, as I am tired of seeing my friends fight like this:

"OH! Why did you ban me from your forum!? I didn't do anything wrong this time!"
" I got banned just because I didn't say master in front of ______'s name..."

Yeah.
Please, if you make a user forum, don't talk about it in the Chatbox. Im just here asking if its even okay to be talking about them at all. All it's doing is creating a huge disturbance and division of the members.

Tainers has already addressed this, saying to ignore them and don't even join or look at them, but I want to know...
Because honestly; they all are becoming a flop the day after they are made.

"Join my forum, I'll make you a mod!"

The next day he/she is arguing with someone. All the TIME.
So should these just be mentioned in PM's..?
Or like I think, not at all on these forums? I think you should share them on Skype,Steam, etc...
I hope this doesn't sound stupid.

HeavenlyFlame
08-06-2012, 05:54 AM
And it doesn't sound stupid. I completely agree with you on this, since making your own forum pretty much leaves your front door open, ready to welcome all the trolls who will appear on your forum to ruin it. Besides, whats the point of making your own forum, when you're already on this one?

TyphlosionX
08-06-2012, 03:52 PM
And it doesn't sound stupid. I completely agree with you on this, since making your own forum pretty much leaves your front door open, ready welcome all the trolls who will appear on your forum to ruin it. Besides, whats the point of making your own forum, when you're already on this one?That makes alot of sense and people can't just say you can become a mod so you can join it just does not work.

Qwerty
08-06-2012, 07:09 PM
I seem to remember that a long time ago people on these forums were just told to not make their own user forums in an attempt to copy the SS forums.
Either way, the forums are pointless and won't get any users so it doesn't really matter. If users fight over them, that's their own problem.

Zachgoose
08-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Ultimately, if people want to make their own forums, it honestly doesn't matter. The SS forums are always going to be the most popular. It is against the rules to advertise yourself, however. So it is a bit frustrating for a different person every day to say "Hey, everyone join my forums!" when they're already on these current forums.

That's like a Republican showing up at a Democrat rally and going "Hey everyone, become Republicans!"

Graph
08-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Being bribed with becoming an administrator of a forumotion forum that will never take off is one of my greatest weaknesses.

Dabottle
08-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Everybody should help better the SuperGwaffy forums.

Shiningbolt
08-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Other forums just shouldn't be mentioned in the chatbox or any place where random guests and/or members can find them. If there's any place to talk about a different, newly-made forum, it would probably be in PMs. Mentioning them elsewhere is just like asking for trolls, in my opinion.

Graph
08-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Everybody should help better the SuperGwaffy forums.

http://puu.sh/PfOC

That would be an accomplishment

BreeZaps
08-06-2012, 10:28 PM
^ And im still mad about my 1st forums. :/ All thanks to me... Well I have really nonething else to say besides that I should have not done what I have done. And im still wondering if people are mad at me.

Thats all.

Ferrospike
08-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Its just plain old annoying thats what it is. Really if you make a forum don't bother us about it.

Graph
08-06-2012, 11:44 PM
Bree: You gave out the password to the admin account... besides, it was obvious you weren't going to do anything with it, so I decided to have some fun.

Ferrospike: Wanna join my forum?

BreeZaps
08-06-2012, 11:56 PM
Bree: You gave out the password to the admin account... besides, it was obvious you weren't going to do anything with it, so I decided to have some fun.

*Slaps forehead* No i gave the password to gyara in a PM BUT he was doing a stream at the time so EVERYONE saw the password.
I dont want this to turn into a fight so. THIS IS OVER.

Xerodragon12
08-07-2012, 01:10 AM
Sigh..the obvious solution would be to just get over it and move on.
*locks*