PDA

View Full Version : Ace Attorney

Tuxy
08-08-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm surprised there is no thread like this already...
Anyways, Ace Attorney is a text adventure series originally for the GBA, but now ported to the DS, iOS, PC and Wii, I'm sure most of you know it.
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE these games and want to hear your thoughts about them.
I personally like Trials & Tribulations the most, but my favourite case is 2-4, mostly because of the unexpected ending.

ShadowMr.L
08-08-2012, 07:47 PM
I've never played one. I would really love to play one though. I've heard many great things about this game series.

Luna
08-08-2012, 08:44 PM
I like the series, although the game play gets repetitive really easily.

Flubbs
08-08-2012, 09:58 PM
I've never actually played any of these games, but I have seen gameplay of it and it looks very interesting. Something that I'd definitely consider giving a try.

Judge Mandolore Shepard
08-08-2012, 09:59 PM
While I have never played any of the games in this series, I do know that one of the characters, Phoenix Wright, makes a playable appearance in Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.

Qwerty
08-09-2012, 12:14 AM
I played Phoenix Wright once, it's suprisingly fun.
Plus, there's always OBJECTION!
I actually did that in class a few times when we were doing a mock trial xD.

Patriot
08-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Ace Attorney is amazingly fun. I'm just sad that they didn't localize the latest one. :(

Tuxy
08-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Ace Attorney is amazingly fun. I'm just sad that they didn't localize the latest one. :(

You mean Ace Attorney Investigations 2? Some Swedish guy working at Capcom said there's still hope it's gonna get a release in North America in some form some time in the future. I'm kinda sad Capcom doesn't think this series works in the Western World, they didn't even fully localize AA Investigations 1 in Europe. I just hope they'll localize Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney.

Kyoits
08-10-2012, 12:35 AM
I've heard good things and bad things about the series i've only played it once and i didn't enjoy it at all but thats just my opinion

Zachgoose
08-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Phoenix Wright is probably one of my favorite video game series of all time; I would strongly recommend it to everyone.

Patriot
08-13-2012, 02:18 AM
Also, there's a good chance they'll localize Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney. Also, they BETTER localize Gyakuten Saiban 5.

Tuxy
09-05-2012, 08:06 PM
I hope this is not considered bumping, but today we actually first got REAL infos about Gyakuten Saiban 5, more than 5 years after the first announcement. The game will be for the 3DS and will go back to feature Phoenix Wright as the main protagonist. More infos and pictures can be found here: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=23801
I am actually a bit disappointed because they dropped Apollo Justice as the main character, but considering the game will play 1 year after GS4 and you can cleary see Trucy's locket in one of the pictures, I hope they at least make him appear in the game and not totally forget about it. There are still many mysteries to be solved from the Apollo Justice arc.

Umbrony
09-05-2012, 08:45 PM
I am actually a bit disappointed because they dropped Apollo Justice as the main character

... wat? Then I ain't playing anymore. I thought he would actually last... Though no one says Objection! quite the same as him.

And that information was so delayed. I think that someone got lazy...
Ms. Hot-long-legs still in it?

Tuxy
09-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Ms. Hot-long-legs still in it?

So far there is only some information about gameplay and the first case (Payne's brother as prosecutor xD). I don't think there is a big chance Franziska will appear though :/
We'll probably get more info at Tokyo Game Show at the end of September.

Umbrony
09-05-2012, 10:31 PM
So far there is only some information about gameplay and the first case (Payne's brother as prosecutor xD). I don't think there is a big chance Franziska will appear though :/
We'll probably get more info at Tokyo Game Show at the end of September.

Oh. Too bad for you. Don't hit me. ;w; XD I'll google for more.

Patriot
09-06-2012, 12:08 AM
Pleaase, Apollo Justice is nothing compared to PW. Now that he's back, I can finally die happy.

Tuxy
09-06-2012, 12:19 AM
Pleaase, Apollo Justice is nothing compared to PW. Now that he's back, I can finally die happy.

Apollo still had so much potential for character development and interesting cases. It's gonna be great playing as Phoenix again too, but I just kinda feel that his era is over. If it wasn't for the first reaction of the fanbase against Apollo, he would probably be the star in the new game too.

Also, this: http://kotaku.com/5940820/report-ace-attorney-5-is-coming-to-the-west

Patriot
09-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Apollo still had so much potential for character development and interesting cases. It's gonna be great playing as Phoenix again too, but I just kinda feel that his era is over. If it wasn't for the first reaction of the fanbase against Apollo, he would probably be the star in the new game too.

Also, this: http://kotaku.com/5940820/report-ace-attorney-5-is-coming-to-the-west

Oh goodie. It's about time.
(Also, where the hell is Maya Fey?)

Luna
09-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Oh goodie. It's about time.
(Also, where the hell is Maya Fey?)
Is she the dead one or the dead ones sister?

Ehhhhh, I have played the first one. its good and I enjoyed it.

Tuxy
09-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Is she the dead one or the dead ones sister?

Ehhhhh, I have played the first one. its good and I enjoyed it.

The dead one's sister. She's probably all busy being the master of Kurain now, but I hope she'll at least make a minor appearance. Older Maya would be really interesting.

phantomscar
09-10-2012, 02:01 AM
I like the series and although the gameplay can be very repetitive, irritating and frustrating, the game itself is not bad and it is personally one of my favourite series. The spinoff games are quite nice, though in Ace Attorney Apollo justice, they could have brought back some of the old characters that were important in the previous games such as the Feys and Edgeworth.

Treecko
09-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Ace attorney is a very good game but i dont think it was as good as the the other phoenix wright games :{

Tuxy
09-10-2012, 03:42 PM
I like the series and although the gameplay can be very repetitive, irritating and frustrating, the game itself is not bad and it is personally one of my favourite series. The spinoff games are quite nice, though in Ace Attorney Apollo justice, they could have brought back some of the old characters that were important in the previous games such as the Feys and Edgeworth.

I actually think it's OK they didn't bring back a lot of these characters. It plays 7 years after Trials & Tribulations and was supposed to be kind of a restart. And they did get Phoenix and Ema in the game and a few old characters in the flashback.

Ace attorney is a very good game but i dont think it was as good as the the other phoenix wright games :{

Do you even know what you're talking about? I suppose you mean "Ace Attorney" as the game "Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney". In fact, AJ:AA was part of the "Ace Attorney" series, to which also the Phoenix Wright games belong. It actually kinda bothers me if people are referencing to the whole series as "Phoenix Wright games", because he's only the main character in 3 out of the 6 currently released games and only makes a cameo apperance in two.

Treecko
09-10-2012, 08:53 PM
NAH I DONT KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT I JUST POSTED IT SO I COULD ON THE ARCADE BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO POST AT LEAST 1 COMMENT TO BE ABLE TO DO THAT LOL(dewgong)

Treecko
09-10-2012, 08:55 PM
ps i hate miles so yeah i call it the phoenix wright games because of my passionate hate for miles

Tuxy
09-20-2012, 05:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtEWAK_YcAo

http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/5/images/bg_kiduki.png

Why are people doing this too me? First Green Day, now this... I am seriously almost dieing of excitement right now...

Gazzbonazza10
09-20-2012, 08:25 PM
I do like ace attorney, but thats probably because I like all the thing mysterious like

Patriot
09-21-2012, 12:36 AM
To be honest, not really a fan of the 3D imo.

Tuxy
09-21-2012, 12:23 PM
To be honest, not really a fan of the 3D imo.

I have thought a lot about this. Of course it won't be like the old graphics, but I think the series kinda needs 3D. And it seems most of the gameplay will stay the same. Also, their will be animated cutscenes made by the same engine/company as the ones in the Professor Layton games. We might also see some real voice-acting in this game...
Overall, the new graphics will of course feel different, but I think I'll get used to them quickly.

HoennTrainerRuby
01-13-2013, 02:51 AM
Just started the first game. Enjoying it so far.

Ayra
01-13-2013, 05:10 AM
ive seen playthroughs of it, but never played it maself. i do like the story, gameplay, music, and pretty much the whole game!

DeMrTeunio
01-16-2013, 07:50 PM
I played the first entry in the series quite recently, and I really enjoyed it. I'm definitely planning to play the other entries in the series sometime. From what I've seen in the first game, Ace Attorney games have zero replayability and gameplay that gets repetitive quickly, but the music is great, the sound is great and it's satisfying as hell. I don't think I'll be replaying the game anytime soon, because as I said, there really isn't much to come back for, but it was definitely a great experience playing through Phoenix Wright: AA.