PDA

View Full Version : Singleplayer vs. Multiplayer

Growth
08-10-2012, 05:30 PM
In which of these two options do you find the most satisfaction within a game?

Myself, I'm more of a competitive person. I usually don't play the game unless it has some kind of multiplayer. Of course, there are exceptions.

For a game to interest me when it comes to singleplayer, it needs a really well written storyline. A example to this would be the Castlevania series or the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic games. I've always loved playing with others more than singleplayer, since to me, completing a campaign isn't the same as earning a higher rank in multiplayer mode.

When I play a video game, I want to gain something out of it. Let's take League of Legends as an example, the higher rating you get in "Ranked" mode, the more respect you get. I wouldn't play this game so much if Ranked wouldn't have existed.

Well, enough about that, back to the question; do you prefer Singleplayer or Multiplayer?

Dabottle
08-10-2012, 05:43 PM
I like both, but I tend to prefer singleplayer, since my favourite games are mainly RPGs.

DeMrTeunio
08-10-2012, 05:51 PM
I seem to enjoy Singleplayer more, although I must say I had epic fun inviting three friends over for New Super Mario Bros Wii a while back. Mostly, however, I prefer RPG's that don't work in Multiplayer at all.

Red
08-10-2012, 05:51 PM
I prefer both because there's games that I like better with multiplayer and games I like better with singleplayer.

Judge Mandolore Shepard
08-10-2012, 06:01 PM
I would have to say that I like both Singleplayer and Multiplayer since a good number of the console games I have played and/or owned have both modes.

SonicMario777
08-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Single Player, because I usually play by myself a lot of the time.

Shiningbolt
08-10-2012, 06:29 PM
I love playing through a game with friends whenever I have the option. Subspace in Super Smash Brothers Brawl is so much better with two people, IMO. Same with Multi-Man, Homerun, Events, etc.
One of the reasons why I love Tales of ______ games is the option to to plug in 1-3 more controllers and let everyone play at the same time.

So I prefer Multiplayer if I ever have the chance.

Qwerty
08-10-2012, 06:42 PM
It really depends on the gameplay. Some things just make more sense as singleplayer, but other games can be improved with multiplayer functionality. Pure multiplayer games are also excellent (see league of legends), but it always depends on the game.

TyphlosionX
08-10-2012, 06:45 PM
It really depends what the game is if it is Halo or COD single and multiplayer are really good it just depends on th game.

CriticalFlygon
08-10-2012, 06:45 PM
I like both but it really depends upon the game to decide upon I'm playing it for multiplayer or singleplayer.

Kyoushiro
08-10-2012, 07:10 PM
I like both, but I'm starting to like multiplayer games more. For most of my life I've been playing games by myself because I didn't have anyone else to play with. Like, I would always play Super Smash Bros Melee and feel sad afterwards because no one else would play with me. I'm thankful that people play multiplayer games with me nowadays because I didn't have that when I was younger.

Kyoits
08-10-2012, 07:25 PM
I like them both but for adventure games (Zelda, God of war) i like singelplayer but for Mario, Sonic type games i like multiplayer

Minntul
08-10-2012, 07:29 PM
I've grown fond of playing by myself for years and it helps me when I try to concentrate on the game I'm playing without the possibility of a friend bringing me down and screwing us both over.

Tuxy
08-10-2012, 07:31 PM
I've always been more of a singleplayer guy, I guess I'm just that much of a loner... Whenever there is a chance too, I do find fun in multiplayer too though.

Shantae
08-10-2012, 09:17 PM
I like both, but I play mostly a Singleplayer mode (as all of my games are mostly Singleplayer). But I don't want play it alone, well at least my brother can play with me. Plus some of my friends. Multiplayer can be really fun depending what game you are currently playing.

Patriot
08-10-2012, 09:49 PM
It really depends what the game is if it is Halo or COD single and multiplayer are really good it just depends on th game.

"CoD = Good"

BLEH

On Topic: For me, multiplayer has more replay value, making it superior imo.

ShadowMr.L
08-10-2012, 10:07 PM
I like them both but I prefer Multiplayer more. It's fun being able to play games with your friends.

Uzi
08-11-2012, 01:57 AM
I only play co-op in sandbox games so we can goof off as much as we want with no consequences.

If it's not sandbox then co-op is a bad idea because my friends and I are awful at tasks.

We were supposed to do SWEET RAMP JUMPS but ended up driving around with infinite ammo.

shadowdude
08-11-2012, 03:32 AM
im ok with single player but multiplayer is much more interesting.

The Arrow
08-11-2012, 03:51 PM
I like single-player more because I can go through the game by myself, but it's always fun to play multi-player after you beat the game.

Kamex
08-12-2012, 02:48 PM
I hate splitscreen! but multiplayer over Wi-fi is freaking awesome!

SuperSceptile
08-12-2012, 04:29 PM
i gotta say single player because i cant stand splitscreen!

Jalen Cubs
08-21-2012, 06:44 AM
I am usually by myself because it is just me and mom living here but I would actually have to say multiplayer

Flubbs
08-22-2012, 12:49 AM
Honestly, it depends on the game for me. I'm definitely more of a multiplayer person, but if the game has bad multiplayer, then I'll just stick with singleplayer. I really like multiplayer games where teamwork is a necessity because it make me work with my friends better. There's always a time where just sitting down to play a game all alone is an amazing experience, but I mainly play multiplayer.

Cedeus
08-22-2012, 12:57 AM
I would have to say single player as i am generally bad at games so i find multiplayer embaressing and becuase i am very competitive losing makes me feel a bit sad because i dont like losing and want to do well.

Dragonite
08-22-2012, 01:17 AM
Multiplayer, especially since this "online gaming" thing. Single player is sort of boring after you finish the game 100%, especially if the AI is about as good as Alder in Pokémon Black/White.

Umbrony
08-22-2012, 06:04 PM
I don't have any friends to play with irl, so I'll stick with single.

Multi is good though, because you can get items, and go places in the game you couldn't reach alone before.

pikachumaster
08-22-2012, 09:58 PM
I like singleplayer the most. I really don't know why. Hmm...

Hellwaker
08-23-2012, 07:50 AM
I like both. Single player i find is better if i don't have any friends to play with though. As for split screen i really like it becasue me and my friends get a projector and play Halo against each other for ages.

super dill
08-23-2012, 10:54 AM
I think and single are great but it also depends on the game you play

Giratina720
09-01-2012, 12:49 AM
i usually like to play with my friends because it gets funner if you play multiplayer and if you camcoard it and post it on youtube, most of the people will watch it (just like TRG)

goku301434
09-01-2012, 04:34 PM
i perfer multiplayer it is more funner to play with a friend

Christian
09-07-2012, 10:38 AM
I am a multiplayer type of guy, I just love owning some noobs in Call of duty or any game really ;]
I do like single player as well though, but only if I am on some kind of achievement hunt.

Merga
09-09-2012, 11:50 PM
It really depends. I only like multiplayer games when I am playing around people that I know (friends in real life, or people on here), playing with complete strangers doesn't amuse me because we could be on completely different playing levels. I do enjoy single player games when I feel the need to just relax, but that's about it.

Davismt
09-10-2012, 02:50 AM
I prefer Singleplayer over Multiplayer for a couple of reasons. In Multiplayer in some games, you can only play the game ina certain way or mode, which some are not fun. Your friend/teammate can get really annoying and do something stupid. Singleplayer, you always have campaign mode, no one to screw up your game, and more. Some Multiplayer games don't have campaign mode for Multiplayer, but only have minigames and crap. Halo is one of the games that will let you do campaign with others.

Zachgoose
09-10-2012, 06:04 AM
I can hardly stand to play Single Players anymore. And if I do play them, I want my friends playing along with me. xP

Austin
09-14-2012, 12:52 PM
Singleplayer because I usually play by myself because that means that I am also in complete control.

Liegesauras
09-14-2012, 01:58 PM
I prefer multiplayer, because I mainly play PC games, and the singleplayer gets really boring in some of them. I also like it for any FPS games.

Charizardflyer
09-14-2012, 07:06 PM
Singleplayer. I work much better alone. Nobody to bother me and i can keep my focus.

Chihaya
09-15-2012, 03:44 AM
Depending on the game I could channel either way. I enjoy playing JPRGs, so in those instances I'd prefer singleplayer mostly, and only during some modes of combat would I like some type of assisting or things of that nature. Multiplayer is a bit iffy to me. I enjoy meeting other users, but there are so many components that make me stay away from multiplayer. The only active multiplayer that I still continue to play is Assassins Creed Brother multiplayer, and even then our server is so slow and takes forever. Only in some cases will I favour multiplayer of singleplayer.

... Hm, for majority I think I'll lean moreso singleplayer...? I'm sorry if my grammar is horrendous. I wasn't exactly sure how to word this. //

Gazzbonazza10
09-15-2012, 11:33 AM
I do Like multiplayer... anything can happen, single player can get a bit normal and boring... and sometimes too predictable.

Growth
09-15-2012, 12:06 PM
single player can get a bit normal and boring...

What do you mean? How can single player get "normal"? I'm sorry, I just don't quite understand this.

joebob2311
09-22-2012, 01:45 AM
Both, in a way. I like Singleplayer for most games that I play but I usually only think Multiplayer is better in Minecraft. The other reason I don't play Multiplayer a lot is because of the laggy side of it. I cannot take lag at all. I just rage quit.

Zekrom man
09-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Singleplayer because I don't like working with other people.

vinnievu115
09-27-2012, 11:05 PM
A lot of games that I have tend to be more single player than multiplayer, and I prefer playing single player than multiplayer. Why, you may ask? It is because I rarely have a good time on multiplayer games, some exceptions are Zombies in Call of Duty World at War and Call of Duty Black Ops. Also, a lot of my favorite games are single player (Fallout 3, Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas, Pokemon Emerald). But frankly, I also enjoy co-op games (cooperative games), because I sometimes bring my friends over and we like to have a good time playing games together, whether it's killing the Locust in Gears of War, killing zombies in the Call of Duty games I mentioned, playing with Legos in the Lego video games, or just a good old Pokemon battle.

TheTrainerExpert
09-30-2012, 03:43 PM
I prefer singleplayer, I don't like multiplayer a lot. Since most games I play are singleplayer, I'm going with that.

Totodile
09-30-2012, 04:53 PM
Depends on the game. I am usually playing a game alone in single player and when I do play multiplayer I get my friends and we play together on the console. I am not too big of a fan of wifi multiplayer because there is usually cheaters, hackers, and there can be a lot of lag. And sometimes when ever you beat someone they turn off there console so that loss doesn't count and are sore losers. So like I said it depends but I am usually playing singleplayer.