PDA

View Full Version : Shark Week!

Tainers14
08-13-2012, 04:24 AM
Every year, the Discovery Channel holds a week where there is a week long series about sharks!

Since it's officially shark week, I'd thought I would make a thread dedicated to this, and was hoping to get a discussion of sharks going!

feel free to post interesting facts, your thoughts about sharks and whether or not you think they are a dangerous creature.

For me personally I think that there is a large misconception about how dangerous sharks are. It's kind of interesting actually. A large handful of people are afraid of sharks, yet it is one of the least common deaths throughout the world. I guess movies like Jaws damaged the reputation of sharks.

Happy Shark Week everyone!

BreeZaps
08-13-2012, 04:27 AM
All im going to say is that sharks have big teeth and i dont want to get eaten :/

Umbrony
08-13-2012, 04:30 AM
I think sharks are... Don't judge. I thnk they are kinda cute.

Kyoushiro
08-13-2012, 06:03 AM
Wait what? I thought Shark Week was in July? Oh well...
The only reason that I like sharks is because of Renard (Mayhem). Otherwise I would still probably see them as really dangerous, which they still are. I think sharks can be cool if you just give them a chance.

Prospering
08-13-2012, 06:56 AM
I watch Shark Week every year and right after it I go to the beach for some reason. Anyway, I love Shark Week and I love to hear stories of people getting eaten by sharks for some reason.

Qwerty
08-13-2012, 07:31 AM
Y U NO FIZZ FREE WEEK RIOT

Never heard of this, and probably will forget about it soon. Oh well, it's still interesting I guess. Sharks are kinda cool, but they're misunderstood generally and the chance of being bitten and killed by one is absurdly low. Most people will probably never get close enough to be in any danger (discounting trips/attractions based around sharks, often involving baby sharks that you can pet or something).

Xerodragon12
08-13-2012, 01:52 PM
MYTHBUSTERS ftw! They have the best myths during Shark week. Did you know that the smell of a deceased shark will repel live ones?

Moving to media, btw

Kyoits
08-13-2012, 03:53 PM
I'm gonna actually sit down and watch this, 'cause last time i feel asleep because i didn't get any sleep that week (can't remember why i didn't go to sleep)

Shantae
08-13-2012, 04:51 PM
Sharks FTW. Don't mess with Sharks folks.

My brother is totally watching this, and possibly me watching Shark Week in that channel. I'm looking forward to this since it looks interesting to see.

howcrowhunter
08-13-2012, 05:02 PM
don't blane sharks people, if there was a guy walking in my home with a spedo i would kill em to.

TyphlosionX
08-13-2012, 05:35 PM
At least I know 2 I can say they can't stop swimming or they would sink and they can't move backwords.Also watching Shark week right now

Patriot
08-13-2012, 08:45 PM
I do know one thing about sharks.

Shark meat tastes good.

ShadowMr.L
08-13-2012, 09:10 PM
Sharks are very interesting creatures. I also might take this opportunity to watch it. It sounds very appealing.

The Arrow
08-14-2012, 04:35 AM
I might actually watch this. I love sharks despite them being very scary and ferocious.

Chihaya
08-15-2012, 08:24 PM
I love sharks. I don't like prejudice towards them. It's saddening knowing how the media freaks everyone out about sharks... Thanks to horror movies and such.

But I've missed Shark Week two years in a row. I plan on watching it this week, if I don't forget or get distracted... |D;;