PDA

View Full Version : UU Team

CriticalCalla
08-14-2012, 02:06 AM
I haven't UU battled in a while, mostly been playing NU/PU. I decided to make a new team. It's nothing special in my opinion.

Crobat: Black Sludge
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 176 HP, 192 Attack, 4 Special Defense, 136 Speed
Ability: Inner Focus
-Roost
-Brave Bird
-Taunt
-Either Toxic or Super Fang

Crobat is always a good lead. With Taunt, it can prevent rocks, duel screens and statuses. I was was between Toxic and Super Fang. Super Fang would help get me into a range where Brave Bird will KO, but Toxic is good to have just to put a status on something since it out speed most UU Pokemon. Also Super Fang has a chance of missing.

Dusclops: Eviolite
Nature: Careful
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Defense, 252 Special Defense.
-Substitute
-Curse
-Night Shade
-Pain Split

Curseclops isn't seen much, but can be very effective. With Eviolite, it can live a lot of hits. It even takes a few hits to break a sub. Pain Split helps to get health back. Night Shade is there to do a fair amount of damage. I do realize that normal types completely wall this, but I have something for them.

Hitmontop: Leftovers
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Special Defense
Ability: Intimidate
-Foresight
-Sucker Punch
-Close Combat
-Rapid Spin

Hitmontop is here to take physical hits and to keep the field clean. With the abilitiy Intimidate and its bulk defense, it can live 3-4 physical hits (as long as I'm not set up on). I chose Foresight instead of Toxic because I wanted to be able to hit the ghost types with something besides Sucker Punch.

Slowbro: Life Orb
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP, 244 Defense, 16 Special Defense
Ability: Regenerator (I know it's DW, but other people use them all the time).
-Scald
-Psychic
-Slack Off
Thunder Wave

Slowbro was one of those Pokemon who needed a better ability and he was given probably one of the best for him. Slack Off cures 50% of health, and with Regenerator, when I switch out, I get 1/3 of my HP back, so I'm practically back to full. I chose Thunder Wave over Toxic just so I could slow down my opponent's team.

Bisharp: Leftovers
Nature: Adament
EVs 160 HP, 252 Attack, 96 Speed
Ability: Defiant
-Swords Dance
-Substitute
-Iron Head
-Sucker Punch

I'm not the kind of guy who usually uses Pokemon with quad weaknesses, but I'll make an exception for Bisharp. This guy is an underrated sweeper. As long as Slowbro can get rid any fighting types, I have no fear in setting up with this guy.

Flygon: Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Ability: Levitate
-U-turn
-Outrage
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake

Being immune to two types helps me look past his quad weakness. With his speed, I can just come in and hit something quick and get out. I'm thinking of switching to Adamant nature, but so far I've liked being able to out speed other Pokemon that give me trouble.

Well, that's my team. Please leave any comments/critics if you have any. They are much appreciated. :D

LuckyLapras
08-14-2012, 10:22 AM
Good team I'd say (Remember I'm a newbie and my team will totally pwn yours)
I do not recommend Brave for Flygon, just saying.

UbersSuck20
08-14-2012, 03:12 PM
I haven't UU battled in a while, mostly been playing NU/PU. I decided to make a new team. It's nothing special in my opinion.

Crobat: Black Sludge
EVs: 176 HP, 192 Attack, 4 Special Defense, 136 Speed
Ability: Inner Focus
-Roost
-Brave Bird
-Taunt
-Either Toxic or Super Fang
Use Toxic.
Crobat is always a good lead. With Taunt, it can prevent rocks, duel screens and statuses. I was was between Toxic and Super Fang. Super Fang would help get me into a range where Brave Bird will KO, but Toxic is good to have just to put a status on something since it out speed most UU Pokemon. Also Super Fang has a chance of missing.

Dusclops: Eviolite
Nature: Careful
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Defense, 252 Special Defense.
-Substitute
-Curse
-Night Shade
-Pain Split
I don't really like Sub Dusclops, and Curse + Night Shade? I think Will-o-wisp > Curse.
Curseclops isn't seen much, but can be very effective. With Eviolite, it can live a lot of hits. It even takes a few hits to break a sub. Pain Split helps to get health back. Night Shade is there to do a fair amount of damage. I do realize that normal types completely wall this, but I have something for them.

Hitmontop: Leftovers
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Special Defense
Ability: Intimidate
-Foresight
-Sucker Punch
-Close Combat
-Rapid Spin
Great set.
Hitmontop is here to take physical hits and to keep the field clean. With the abilitiy Intimidate and its bulk defense, it can live 3-4 physical hits (as long as I'm not set up on). I chose Foresight instead of Toxic because I wanted to be able to hit the ghost types with something besides Sucker Punch.

Slowbro: Life Orb
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP, 244 Defense, 16 Special Defense
Ability: Regenerator (I know it's DW, but other people use them all the time).
-Scald
-Psychic
-Slack Off
Thunder Wave
Thunder Wave and Scald's burn chance are conflicting, so Surf > Scald

Slowbro was one of those Pokemon who needed a better ability and he was given probably one of the best for him. Slack Off cures 50% of health, and with Regenerator, when I switch out, I get 1/3 of my HP back, so I'm practically back to full. I chose Thunder Wave over Toxic just so I could slow down my opponent's team.

Bisharp: Leftovers
Nature: Adament
EVs 160 HP, 252 Attack, 96 Speed
Ability: Defiant
-Swords Dance
-Substitute
-Iron Head
-Sucker Punch
No comment. Really good set.
I'm not the kind of guy who usually uses Pokemon with quad weaknesses, but I'll make an exception for Bisharp. This guy is an underrated sweeper. As long as Slowbro can get rid any fighting types, I have no fear in setting up with this guy.

Flygon: Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Ability: Levitate
-U-turn
-Outrage
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake
Like Bisharp.
Being immune to two types helps me look past his quad weakness. With his speed, I can just come in and hit something quick and get out. I'm thinking of switching to Adamant nature, but so far I've liked being able to out speed other Pokemon that give me trouble.

Well, that's my team. Please leave any comments/critics if you have any. They are much appreciated. :D

Good team.