PDA

View Full Version : Halo vs COD

TyphlosionX
08-14-2012, 03:23 PM
I just want to see how many people like COD and how many people like Halo and give reasons why.

Minntul
08-14-2012, 03:42 PM
They both kinda suck in their own way, its just Halo that sucks a lot less.

Kyoits
08-14-2012, 04:00 PM
I like CoD but Halo is just way more better and it's more fun then CoD

ShadowMr.L
08-14-2012, 04:10 PM
I haven't had enough experience with Halo yet. So I'm with CoD until I get enough of Halo to make an official result.

Umbrony
08-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Halo is a lot more fun.
End of discussion.

Patriot
08-14-2012, 04:26 PM
They both kinda suck in their own way, its just Halo that sucks a lot less.

Mental pretty much sums it up.

EpicCh33se
08-14-2012, 05:37 PM
Ratchet and Clank.

Aw, that's not a choice?

Then I'll go with Halo.

Ratchet and Clank still wins.

Shiningbolt
08-14-2012, 05:52 PM
I've never been too interested in shooting games like Halo or CoD, but the one I have played the most (also, the only one that interested me years ago) is Halo.

Kamex
08-14-2012, 06:34 PM
I have played halo in my childhood but cod is just so simple and easy to get in to. I vote for cod because of simplicity.

Shantae
08-14-2012, 07:08 PM
First Person shooting game isn't my thing to play game but I did play Halo CE (PC) as my childhood. So my vote is Halo then.

joebob2311
08-14-2012, 07:11 PM
I don't really play those games.

The Arrow
08-14-2012, 07:13 PM
Halo because I hate CoD and everything else CoD. I really don't play either of the two games though.

Judge Mandolore Shepard
08-14-2012, 09:39 PM
I have to admit that I actually like both series. Course if I had to choose, I would go with Halo since I got into it years before I got into COD.

Flubbs
08-14-2012, 09:43 PM
I like both series very much, although they both have been disappointing recently. The two really can't be compared because Halo is a futuristic shooter and CoD is a modern shooter. They both have completely different mechanics that make both games good and bad in their own ways.

Prospering
08-14-2012, 09:48 PM
delete this post staff

Ferrospike
08-14-2012, 09:51 PM
I don't like both I prefer playing Battlefield 3.

DeMrTeunio
08-14-2012, 10:14 PM
I prefer CoD, only because of the very first game. Usually within the FPS genre I only enjoy the Medal of Honour series, but something about the first CoD was amazing to me. Recently the series has started focusing on the wrong things and I don't like the games that much anymore. That said, I never really liked any of the Halo games. Since 1 > 0, CoD is better than Halo to me.

Growth
08-14-2012, 10:39 PM
Here's a few reasons why I like Halo better than Call of Duty:

1. Halo actually have a great storyline with some thought put in to it. I do not feel the same way with Call of Duty. I liked Modern Warfare's campaign, but not the other ones. World at War is also great when it comes to the campaign. Halo's storyline is a bit more complicated, seeing to it you are against a bunch of crazy religious aliens whom are trying to activate the ultimate weapons of mass destruction, because they believe this is their "salvation". There's also this zombie-like virus spreading all over the universe which serves the same purpose as the weapons. It's a bit like Starcraft and Mass Effect at the same time; and I like it.

2. Less cheating at online play. It's true, there are "hackers" or "cheaters" whatever you want to call them in every game. But the chance of getting these people in your game is alot higher when playing Call of Duty. I've seen lots of cheaters at Halo aswell, but never in my days as many as the original Modern Warfare.

3. The fact that you have to unlock weapons by leveling up. I'd much rather have everything available to me from the start. This is one thing I do not like about League of Legends aswell, that you actually have to keep playing to unlock new stuff. I don't know, maybe I'm just that oldschool Quake player that loves to go around and pick up whatever weapon I can find and kill someone with it.

4. Halo's characters are way "cooler" than Call of Duty's characters. I've yet to see one in the Call of Duty games that can actually stand up to Sergeant Johnson. There are a few cool characters in the Call of Duty campaign aswell, but I prefer the more "mysterious" type like Master Chief, which rarely talks and never shows his face.

These are my reasons. The best Call of Duty game in my opinion is the fourth one, Modern Warfare. It had satisfying multiplayer when it was newly released and the campaign is not too bad.

Totodile
08-15-2012, 10:52 AM
Halo is a lot better than COD. There are better graphics, better story, better characters, and so on. Point is Halo is a lot better. Counting down to 11/6/12.

ShadowMr.L
08-15-2012, 06:39 PM
Here's a few reasons why I like Halo better than Call of Duty:

2. Less cheating at online play. It's true, there are "hackers" or "cheaters" whatever you want to call them in every game. But the chance of getting these people in your game is alot higher when playing Call of Duty. I've seen lots of cheaters at Halo aswell, but never in my days as many as the original Modern Warfare.

4. Halo's characters are way "cooler" than Call of Duty's characters. I've yet to see one in the Call of Duty games that can actually stand up to Sergeant Johnson. There are a few cool characters in the Call of Duty campaign aswell, but I prefer the more "mysterious" type like Master Chief, which rarely talks and never shows his face.

These are my reasons. The best Call of Duty game in my opinion is the fourth one, Modern Warfare. It had satisfying multiplayer when it was newly released and the campaign is not too bad.

I agree with you on Number 2. CoD World at War is FILLED with Hackers. And I love playing it. But no one takes the time to try and cleanse it of the hackers. Same goes for CoD4.

With Number Four, I agree. I really want a mysterious Character. However there are some really bawss characters like Soap, Price, Ghost, Roach, Frank Woods, Dimitri Petrenko, and Jason Hudson.

The two creators of Call of Duty have those good games and not so good games.

Infinity Ward Has Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare as you said.

Treyarch has Black Ops, but Black Ops 2 is coming out. However I must need play it until I fully decide the best Treyarch game.

UbersSuck20
08-19-2012, 08:05 AM
I prefer Halo, but it kinda sucks that the first versions had Xbox graphics.

Christian
09-07-2012, 10:43 AM
I am a Call of duty fan, no matter what I can always go nuke someone in multiplayer or replay some of the Special ops missions.
Also I LOVE Call of duty BO, Zombies.

Prospering
09-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Uhh... i didnt know that you guys liked halo so much. I thought better of you guys. I don't like Halo very much because you cant aim down your sights and its so unrealistic and dumb in my opinion. I hate the multiplayer because all there is is people that use the BR and try their hearts out. CoD is alright. I've been playing it for 6 years and I think the campaign is great but the multiplayer is slowly getting worse.

Christian
09-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Why is everyone hating on COD? It's a great game! ;/

pikachumaster
09-08-2012, 07:23 PM
I have played Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 many times. But, Halo is better in the way that it is not realistic. I find myself bored while playing CoD, so my vote goes to Halo.

Dragonite
09-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Almost every day, there is a story in the newspaper about someone being shot in either Newark, Camden, or New York City. We really don't need any video games glorifying killing people.

That doesn't answer the question, does it? I'll say Halo because I've heard better things said about it.