PDA

View Full Version : Batman: Arkham Asylum/City

Minntul
08-17-2012, 01:58 AM
Has anyone else here played one(or both) of these games? I recently played through Arkham Asylum and it was probably one of the most fun games I played in quite a while. The combat is really fun, granted it isn't really challenging when fighting mooks but racking up a really big combo and using your counters wisely is extremely fun and satisfying. The stealth sections were great and really gave it a good Batman feel, silent takedowns and inverted takedowns are extremely satisfying to pull off. I also love the upgrades for the game, especially the remote control Batarang and the zipline when going through a ton of enemies kicking them in the face. The story was pretty entertaining too, and I like how they managed to bring back Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamil to reprise their roles a Batman and The Joker, who both do great a really great job. I loved exploring Arkham Island and finding all sorts of easter eggs and solving the Riddler's riddles. I also really loved the Scarecrow sections, they got better the more they happened, especially the third ones set up which freaked me out. Overall I thought this was a really great experience and if you're a fan of Batman, play this games. Hell, even if you're not you'll probably still have a great time with this game anyway. Pick it up if you didn't decide to restrict yourself with Nintendo only consoles.

I'm also really looking forward to playing Arkham City, it does everything a sequel should and I can't wait until I get the money to buy it. It took everything that made Arkham Asylum great and adds a crap ton of stuff to make it feel fresh. The fact it takes place in Gotham makes it a lot more open and they'll be a ton more secret stuff and Batman's gadgets will be used a lot more, which is great because using Batman's zipline while zooming in really quickly looking at all the buildings look like a ton of fun. You also stary with all the upgrades you got from Arkham Asylum, which is great. I'm hyped to play it.

Flubbs
08-17-2012, 03:42 AM
Take your opinion of Arkham Asylum and multiply it by about 100 and that's probably about how much you're gonna like Arkham City. Just like you said, it took everything Arkham Asylum had, made it way better, and added so much more. The City itself has so much to explore and it truly is a game worth playing to it's fullest. I definitely recommend it to ANYONE who likes to enjoy a good game.

Judge Mandolore Shepard
08-17-2012, 01:59 PM
While I have not played Batman Arkham Asylum and Batman Arkham City, I did buy one of these games for one of my brothers as a Christmas present last year. Also one of these games gets made fun of in Lego Batman 2 DC Superheroes.

Dragonslayer
08-17-2012, 03:36 PM
I haven't played Batman: Arkham Asylum. But I have played Arkham City, because people were saying it was a very good game, and probably the best superhero game of all time. So that's why I gave it a shot. It was overall a very good game, but I tend to drift out of games that don't have multiplayer, and just forget about them right after I beat the main story. In this case, the main story was just enough to satisfy me.

The Arrow
08-17-2012, 05:58 PM
I got both of these games for Christmas, but I never got around to playing them. Hopefully I can play them in the coming weeks.

Minntul
08-17-2012, 09:43 PM
I got both of these games for Christmas, but I never got around to playing them. Hopefully I can play them in the coming weeks.

Play Arkham Aslyum first. Don't be a fool.

Patriot
08-17-2012, 11:57 PM
Play Arkham Aslyum first. Don't be a fool.

No, play Arkham City first. Much better game.

Uzi
08-18-2012, 12:55 AM

That's stupid.

That's like saying skip Part 1 of JJBA because Part 2 is much better.

Listen to Mental and play Asylum first.

Minntul
08-18-2012, 01:46 AM

When I told him to play Arkham Asylum first, I didn't mean to say it was better than Arkham City. Arkham Asylum is a really fun game in it's own right and while Arkham City is much better, playing Asylum after City wouldn't be as enjoyable since City added a lot of new stuff to the table, so playing Asylum wouldn't be as enjoyable as City and the player would most likely put the game down, which is unfair since Asylum is really fun and gets you hyped to play City, then after playing City you'd have really enjoyed both of the games instead of getting bored of Asylum after you played City.