PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Rep Begging

Champion Cynthia
08-17-2012, 06:07 PM
Do you ever thing the fourms will goto "GIVE ME REP AND ILL BE YOUR BEST FREIND LOLOL XD" I hope not but it might happen.

Graph
08-17-2012, 06:25 PM
give me rep and i'll be your best friend.

Umbrony
08-17-2012, 06:30 PM
No. The mods and admins simply will not allow it. It is a ridiculous question. They can read rep reasoning... And if it arouses suspicion, the person giving rep will most likely be found out, and the truth will come out.

No secrets can be kept on these forums for a long period of time.

DeMrTeunio
08-17-2012, 06:58 PM
Even if that is what the forums turn into, which it won't, people are smart enough not to fall for that. If you literally go and beg for rep, I think you'll achieve the opposite effect and have everyone hate and down-rep you. It's easy to be overlooked on these forums, but there's no point in just going and asking for rep.

EDIT: After writing this post it kind of dawned on me I've been rep4repping too, even though I was mentally denying it. I'm highly ashamed of my actions, and I don't mind having my rep reset to what it was before it. In fact, I would like to reach 100 rep in an honest way.

Dabottle
08-17-2012, 07:05 PM
give me rep and i'll be your best friend.

Done. Now you have to be my friend twice.

Uzi
08-17-2012, 07:14 PM
No. The mods and admins simply will not allow it. It is a ridiculous question. They can read rep reasoning... And if it arouses suspicion, the person giving rep will most likely be found out, and the truth will come out.

No secrets can be kept on these forums for a long period of time.

No one really cares about rep and there's nothing we can do against it besides getting an admin to "counter rep" which is -10/+10.

Also rep is a stupid concept anyway and is now broken even FURTHER because Dabottle is +12/-12 for no good reason.

And it's already happening and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it.

Shantae
08-17-2012, 07:28 PM
I agree what Uzi and DMT said. Mostly, the Rep system is so broken and it turns out pointless point. Even countering rep isn't gonna help.

The answer to this poll is undecided. Like some people are smart enough to not ask that typical thing but still....

Dabottle
08-17-2012, 07:34 PM
Also rep is a stupid concept anyway and is now broken even FURTHER because Dabottle is +10/-5 for an excellent reason.

Fixed.

Uzi's so silly.

Graph
08-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Done. Now you have to be my friend twice.

is my dog good enough?

Umbrony
08-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Also rep is a stupid concept anyway and is now broken even FURTHER because Dabottle is +10/-5 for an excellent reason.

Fixed.

Uzi's so silly.

Wtf, man. -__- You crazy.

Graph
08-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Emily if you get to +10 will you plus me all the time :3

Uzi
08-17-2012, 07:40 PM
I thought that Zach meant rep cap meant that you can only give out rep 10 times a day. I'm pretty sure you're +12.

Umbrony
08-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Emily if you get to +10 will you plus me all the time :3

Hahaha, surrrrrrrrreeeeee.

You silly mortals amuse me so.

If you want the three points I have to offer, you have to earn it.

Dabottle
08-17-2012, 07:42 PM
I thought that Zach meant rep cap meant that you can only give out rep 10 times a day. I'm pretty sure you're +12.

Nah, we've tested it a few times. Everybody got +10. And Amir said that negative rep is also halved, which I can confirm because I remember someone upset about their rep going down five. Note that I've only given -5 once and don't like negative rep much. I only give it to really bad posts where the poster continuously makes bad posts. I also did it as a test once, but I was at -1 then, so no big deal.

Graph
08-17-2012, 07:51 PM
Why do some people have rep privileges :'(

EQUALITY FOR ALL

Tuxy
08-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Why do some people have rep privileges :'(

EQUALITY FOR ALL

I think it's good that some people have more power than others, but it shouldn't exceed 10 for a person.

DeMrTeunio
08-17-2012, 07:58 PM
I think the maximum for normal users should be 5. 5 rep is already quite a lot, and it keeps the distinction clear between normal users and Admins who are supposed to actively keep an eye out for good posts. It's my opinion anyways.

Umbrony
08-17-2012, 07:58 PM
I think it's good that some people have more power than others, but it shouldn't exceed 10 for a person.

Yeah, but if rep really and truly doesn't matter, we shouldn't care about 'unfairness' in LP's rep amount, now should we? :3 besides, pride is in earning it.
I dunno how to carefully word this. I'm pretty brutal when it comes to honesty.

It does not mean I am always correct, however. Before you criticize me.

Graph
08-17-2012, 08:02 PM
i think i've got it!!

for every additional green bar thing you can give out 2 more rep

test it on graph'smom

only people with more than 1 green bar do it pls, and post saying you did it

Graph'sMom
08-17-2012, 08:03 PM
You heard the kid, test it on me.

(my alt accounts are helping the community!!)

Dabottle
08-17-2012, 08:07 PM
i think i've got it!!

for every additional green bar thing you can give out 2 more rep

test it on graph'smom

only people with more than 1 green bar do it pls, and post saying you did it

It's somewhat common knowledge that you get one rep power for every fifty rep (and every five hundred posts [don't quote me on that number]).
The topic lies. xD Need proof? It says the max power is 25, when it's ten.

Graph'sDad
08-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Oh, I didn't know.

The Arrow
08-17-2012, 08:32 PM
I must state my opinion now. Honestly, reputation means how much a user is contributing to the forum, correct? Well, when people beg for it they actually just want to be your friend and so they can have as much rep as they want. I really don't think rep matters, other than moving up in rank. I think it's pretty obvious this is a growing concern on these forums, but like Uzi has pointed out, there is absolutely nothing anybody can do to stop it, so it WILL continue no matter what we do, unfortunately. I myself have been getting quite a few PM's saying "rep4rep" or something of the sort, and I completely ignored those messages.

As for LP's rep being on steroids, there's also nothing we can do about it, but we shouldn't be mad about it either. This is all I have to say.

Zachgoose
08-17-2012, 08:57 PM
^Yes. Completely ignored...

Patriot
08-17-2012, 10:18 PM
Trust me, this rep system is seriously messed up and downright useless to the point where rep has become a joke. Saddens me how this system has failed and been failed by it's members.

TyphlosionX
08-17-2012, 11:50 PM
The rep system is messed up but people should just understand that they only should get it if they have a good post and something not stupid and other people will give you rep you just have to wait and people should not just say give me rep and I'll be your best friend
I say who cares if you want to be my friend really they just want rep and remember people don't trust everybody (Random) but it is true

UbersSuck20
08-18-2012, 08:03 AM
Well I got a PM a long time ago, but I'm not going to say who sended me that PM.

Giratina720
08-18-2012, 03:10 PM
since the rep is all mixed up i noticed that a few people that beg for rep after they get to a certain amount of posts so if you really want rep so badly, post some good posts then some people will give you rep.

Red
08-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Here's an idea. Why don't we take the reputation system, AND PUSH IT SOMEWHERE ELSE

Spitfire
08-18-2012, 03:31 PM
Let's face it there's already rep wars going on. Don't think we don't know about your goal to beat Lord Penguin's rep Emily, Bree, GG, and friends.

Shiningbolt
08-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Yes. It's inevitable for this sort of thing to happen because our community is and never will be perfect. Also, no one gives out rep, some don't know how to give out rep, and others don't know it exists.
There is no way to effectively stop something like that as it happens other than making the reputation system even MORE difficult for people to give out rep. To be honest, I don't think rep is that important, but others do and some will be tempted to do something like that.

The Arrow
08-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Also, no one gives out rep, some don't know how to give out rep, and others don't know it exists.

If you are talking about giving out rep when it's not "rep4rep," then yes. People never rep other people unless it's people like you, Spitty, or any other Gold User. This is the reason why the reputation system is so screwed up. Not enough people get rep that deserve to get rep. Instead, it's always the Gold Users that get rep. That's where, of course, "rep4rep" comes into play. There are two specific users on this forum, whom I will not mention, that were noobs, but they were brought up and made into Gold Users because of "rep4rep."

That's basically all I have to say. I may edit later on with some more thoughts on this.

Champion Cynthia
08-18-2012, 07:23 PM
If you are talking about giving out rep when it's not "rep4rep," then yes. People never rep other people unless it's people like you, Spitty, or any other Gold User. This is the reason why the reputation system is so screwed up. Not enough people get rep that deserve to get rep. Instead, it's always the Gold Users that get rep. That's where, of course, "rep4rep" comes into play. There are two specific users on this forum, whom I will not mention, that were noobs, but they were brought up and made into Gold Users because of "rep4rep."

That's basically all I have to say. I may edit later on with some more thoughts on this.

I'm OKAY with rep4rep unless its like "If you rep me I'll rep you." It was supposed to be an act of kindness

Dabottle
08-18-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm OKAY with rep4rep unless its like "If you rep me I'll rep you." It was supposed to be an act of kindness

Was that supposed to make sense?

sonriopoby123
08-18-2012, 07:25 PM
Here's an idea. Why don't we take the reputation system, AND PUSH IT SOMEWHERE ELSE

GREAT IDEA RED!
+1 REP FOR YO-Wait......

Seriously though, the rep system is broken.

Minntul
08-18-2012, 08:27 PM

That's exactly what rep4rep means. One individual get another and they both rep each other so they can get higher ranks. That's wrong because if someone reps you, that means they liked your post, or disliked it if they neg'd it. Not just "thanks brah now give me some!!!!11!!1"

Please say your definition on rep4rep.

The Arrow
08-18-2012, 11:48 PM
One individual get another and they both rep each other so they can get higher ranks.

Someone is absolutely correct for once...

Getting Crystal rank was a huge goal for some users including myself, and it was done the easy way by giving rep4rep.

By the way, if anyone wants to know the whole story on this and who was involved, PM me. I don't have a problem with saying I'm guilty because I know I am, and it was so wrong.

Tuxy
08-19-2012, 12:58 PM
I think it's pretty obvious to everyone that I didn't get my Gold Rank legitimately. I'm not sure if I have said that in public already, but I think that the reputation system was bound to fail from the beginning. Giving steroids to LP's rep was kind of the peak that turned some people jealous and other people mad and ultimately led to a big "corruption ring". It was a mistake from me to join in and I am really ashamed because of that. But what has happened has happened, and there really is no way to change this now.

ShadowMr.L
08-19-2012, 01:02 PM
There are a lot of members who are obsessed with rep. I'm not surprised if there will be something like this.

Minntul
08-19-2012, 05:02 PM
On the subject of rep, does anyone else think users should get to see the reason why they got rep'd? They don't need to know the user that rep'd them, but if someone gave out a neg rep, the user won't be aware of what they did wrong unless a staff infracts them which doesn't seem to happen too often. If they could know the reason why they got repped, that would help them in their future posts.

Just an idea that I'm curious to know what you people would think.

Uzi
08-19-2012, 05:16 PM
>Giving steroids to LP's rep was kind of the peak that turned some people jealous

Is that really what set it off? That's kind of funny because I just laugh every time I see Dabottle's rep.I don't feel jealous or anything, it's just funny to see him with 434390349034 bars when everyone else has 1-3.

unless a staff infracts them which doesn't seem to happen too often.

Do you want me to post every time I give an infraction or something...? Not trying to be mean but that's kind of silly. I hand out more warnings than I do infractions so they can jump in line and not rack up infractions.

>Just an idea that I'm curious to know what you people would think.

Coming from a guy who looks at reputation ALL DAY LONG. That's the reason why I'm on so many profiles, btw. I don't care about your about me section. I just take a look at reputation. I notice when admins change rep levels so they skyrocket. I notice when a group neg bombs someone (Check it, SSSF. JK, I love you guys.). But most of the time the reason is just "." You either make a good post or a bad post. You don't rep for "Liking my favorite band lel : )" or "I use uTorrent too pirate bros ftw : DDDDDD!!!". It's either a good post or a bad post. That's that. If you get negative repped, then maybe you should look at /your/ posts and see how you can improve your posting. I'm against the rep system personally, and would prefer it all hidden (including the indication of how much you have in the User CP).

Kamex
08-19-2012, 06:53 PM
I think the rep system should be removed. I would rather have noobs spam the forum games than begging gold users and Zach for rep but since I'm not a person of power, I doubt anyone gives a shiftry... Lol.

I admit that I was on the crystal rep goal. If my rep should be reset, put it back down to about 80. (I earned some fair and square from my fanfic.)

Plus I cringed at the Hippocrates (ESPECIALLY TIM!!!) Saying "oh yeah rep doesn't matter" but they were in the crystal mission group.

In my defense, people overlooked me even though I tried as best as I can to make good posts. People still overlooked me. I complained about how we are treated like noobs even though we have been going on the SS forums since 2009 or even before. Then as soon as I turned silver, people started giving me rep like there is no tomorrow... It's like power came with the silver rank. Then I earned my way up to gold. But after that is where we started the underground mission. What I'm saying is people only give rep to other overrated people. It's like the FML website...

newsupermariobros
08-19-2012, 07:16 PM
Can I actually get rep.I need it to become gold.Tell me if you gave me rep and i'll give you rep.The reply to this thread is yes

Kamex
08-19-2012, 07:22 PM
Can I actually get rep.I need it to become gold.Tell me if you gave me rep and i'll give you rep.The reply to this thread is yes

I don't know if that was a joke, or you are REALLY missing the point of this thread...

newsupermariobros
08-19-2012, 07:29 PM
It was a joke

Flubbs
08-19-2012, 10:00 PM
The rep system is one of those ideas that sounds really good on paper, but once it's put into action, everyone takes it and rips it apart. The system isn't a bad idea at all, it's the users that make it bad. If everyone were to give out rep equally based on good posts, then it would be fine. Since only a few members do that, it leads others to want to abuse the system because not enough rep is going through. The part that makes it completely useless is the fact that people have hundreds of rep now and most of it wasn't even earned. I'm not saying that everyone who has a ton of rep didn't earn it, because some people really did earn that rep. The whole thing failed and it's not the rep system's fault, it's the user's fault.

phantomscar
08-19-2012, 11:25 PM
Most people are intelligent enough not to fall for it. Besides, the moderators and admins will not allow this and allow this forum to basically become unused and rot away

Umbrony
08-19-2012, 11:35 PM
Let's face it there's already rep wars going on. Don't think we don't know about your goal to beat Lord Penguin's rep Emily, Bree, GG, and friends.

It stopped a while ago, I believe. It may have carried on. People already found out, and I told everyone to stop, like a week ago. A few have, and it is the others choice to step forward, if they wish.
And it was not to beat LP's rep. A lot of people just though he was being a jerk in the Chatbox recently. And it was before he got all that rep they thought he was a you-know-what, (A-word) anyways.
So they plotted a resistance. And when he got that rep, they all stopped de repping him. They knew it was pointless. I myself didn't participate in the de repping, but I did bump a few members to 100 rep.
And I got a bit, as when we started the resistance, my rep count was 80.
Hence why we are led to this solution-
The reason he got that rep was because some of those people in the resistance were de-repping him.
GG and Bree were two that dropped out when I said 'Its over'. Bree had no idea what was going on. More Than half of us dropped out when I admitted we should stop being babies.
And for your information, my name isnt Emily.
And since he has gotten that rep, he has been loads nicer to us all, which brings this to a close.
And please TRY and get your facts straight before you confront a situation and try to bring it to the ground, Spitty.

Spitfire
08-19-2012, 11:52 PM
It stopped a while ago, I believe. It may have carried on. People already found out, and I told everyone to stop, like a week ago. A few have, and it is the others choice to step forward, if they wish.
And it was not to beat LP's rep. A lot of people just though he was being a jerk in the Chatbox recently. And it was before he got all that rep they thought he was a you-know-what, (A-word) anyways.
So they plotted a resistance.
The reason he got that rep was because some of those people in the resistance were de-repping him.
GG and Bree were two that dropped out when I said 'Its over'. Bree had no idea what was going on. More Than half of us did when I admitted we should stop being babies.
And since he has gotten that rep, he has been loads nicer to us all, which brings this to a close.
And please TRY and get your facts straight before you confront a situation and try to bring it to the ground, Spitty.

Well I'd like to point out that the information about you guys having a rep war against him was true and you even just confirmed it. Also trust me I talk to him on a daily basis I know pretty much everything that goes on. Also don't forget that your name was once Emily, and just because you changed your name doesn't mean I am going to change what I call you. Please learn a bit more about the other person before arguing with them. Also just because you're starting a new idea does not mean you start a new paragraph (which is what your constant entering is doing). If you wish to argue with me I would happily suggest you give up while you're ahead.

Umbrony
08-19-2012, 11:55 PM
Well I'd like to point out that the information about you guys having a rep war against him was true and you even just confirmed it. Also trust me I talk to him on a daily basis I know pretty much everything that goes on. Also don't forget that your name was once Emily, and just because you changed your name doesn't mean I am going to change what I call you. Please learn a bit more about the other person before arguing with them. Also just because you're starting a new idea does not mean you start a new paragraph (which is what your constant entering is doing). If you wish to argue with me I would happily suggest you give up while you're ahead.

I do give up. I look for no quarrel. (Haha the way I typed that sure looked like I was. xD) I just look for forgiveness. I'm sorry. This won't happen again. I promise.

Red
08-19-2012, 11:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/jGRhJl.jpg

Spitfire
08-20-2012, 12:00 AM
I do give up. I look for no quarrel. (Haha the way I typed that sure looked like I was. xD) I just look for forgiveness. I'm sorry. This won't happen again. I promise.

Well then you're forgiven.

Umbrony
08-20-2012, 12:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/jGRhJl.jpg

What are you 'Oohing' at? Silly Red. An argument can't thrive if both parties step back. xD I am retreating, and I will do my best to repair all the damage done. If you are to blame anyone, blame me for letting this get out of hand.
I take full responsibility for my actions. I started this whole thing... And I KNEW very well what I was doing was wrong, and I am ashamed.

BreeZaps
08-20-2012, 01:38 AM
I am retreating, and I will do my best to repair all the damage done.

Me to... I was apart of this...

Merga
08-20-2012, 01:48 AM
Ok, you two are taking this WAAAY too seriously. It's a website, not real life. The internet is supposed to be a fun place to relax and forget about the problems in real life (either that or you need information). So just forget about it, move on, and please, just chill out.

The Arrow
08-20-2012, 01:48 AM
Alright, I have a couple of things to say here...

WARNING: This post is extremely lengthy...

So I want to start off with how it happened, and why it happened.

Here are some screenshots on how it began.

http://puu.sh/WD7l

[8/18/2012 8:04:00 PM] Tim: Now, this is what some people might have trouble understanding.
[8/18/2012 8:04:31 PM] Tim: I was originally at 35 rep before Zach PMed me one day asking if I wanted to be a Gold member.
[8/18/2012 8:05:10 PM] Tim: You obviously can see my reply in that screenshot.
[8/18/2012 8:05:16 PM] Tim: But basically I didn't really care if I was Gold rank or not.

http://puu.sh/WD7B

[8/18/2012 8:05:36 PM] Tim: But then.
[8/18/2012 8:05:52 PM] Tim: He did give me 10 rep.
[8/18/2012 8:05:56 PM] Tim: Putting me at 45.

http://puu.sh/WD89

[8/18/2012 8:06:36 PM] Tim: That's when I PMed Shadow Lugia asking for rep because I thought "Hey, what if I just ask some random people for rep so I CAN reach Gold Member?"
[8/18/2012 8:06:58 PM] Tim: So he did so.
[8/18/2012 8:08:02 PM] Tim: Okay so then I believe I had 46 rep.

http://puu.sh/WD8U

[8/18/2012 8:08:30 PM] Tim: So then I proceeded to ask X.
[8/18/2012 8:08:47 PM] Tim: Which he then gave me rep.
[8/18/2012 8:09:03 PM] Tim: Putting me at 48.

http://puu.sh/WDfR

[8/18/2012 8:10:06 PM] Tim: Okay so then I asked Emily for rep.
[8/18/2012 8:12:55 PM] Tim: I got 51 rep. I had achieved Gold rank.
[8/18/2012 8:13:04 PM] Tim: Now this is where it kind of stems off a bit.
[8/18/2012 8:13:25 PM] Tim: I can look through my PMs, but I honestly don't remember how it all started.

Now I shall proceed to answering some of your posts...

Plus I cringed at the Hippocrates (ESPECIALLY TIM!!!) Saying "oh yeah rep doesn't matter" but they were in the crystal mission group.

Okay, so I may have been a hypocrite when I said rep doesn't matter, but that really doesn't take away the fact that we were still trying to get Crystal. I'm sorry for being a hypocrite.

So they plotted a resistance. And when he got that rep, they all stopped de repping him. They knew it was pointless. I myself didn't participate in the de repping, but I did bump a few members to 100 rep.
And I got a bit, as when we started the resistance, my rep count was 80.
GG and Bree were two that dropped out when I said 'Its over'. Bree had no idea what was going on. More Than half of us dropped out when I admitted we should stop being babies.

It wasn't an attempt at bringing down LP at first like I already mentioned. It was to get Crystal rank at first, so I don't remember who started the LP thing, and I really don't care.

Me to... I was apart of this...

http://puu.sh/WYll

You can blame me for dragging you into this.

Alright, so that's basically all I have to say. Thanks for reading this wall of text if you did, and sorry I couldn't be on at all today until now. I get on the forum and Skype, and all I see are walls of text EVERYWHERE. Oh well, that's life I guess. So yeah, I guess you can say I started it, but I never wanted to be Crystal until someone else that was apart of this mentioned how cool it would be to have it, and I honestly don't remember who that was nor do I care anymore.

So yes, I'm sorry. I may never be forgiven, but one thing is for sure, I'm sorry... :(

Spitfire
08-20-2012, 01:51 AM
Well if we want to get into the technical side of things on Bolt and I should be Gold rank even.

Tainers14
08-20-2012, 01:58 AM
hahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha.

HAHAHA

ahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!

YOU GUYS ARE TOO FUNNY! I AM CRACKING UP SO HARD RIGHT NOW!!!! It's so funny how far you take this ranking business. Honestly, for those of you who are getting at each others throats over rep, it's making you look really stupid... So stupid that it's making my insides hurt from laughing. If you want to maintain a good figurative reputation, stop worrying so much about your literal rep. At the end of the day, you're figurative rep matters more than your literal rep.

KTHXBAI