PDA

View Full Version : New Super Mario Bros U

SilkShadow
08-18-2012, 01:51 PM
This is the game that i assume Nintendo will be advertising alongside the wii U. Do you have an oppinion? If you haven't seen the trailer, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4pJnV5OxPI

In my opinion, Nintendo's taking it a bit two far making a fourth one in the series. From the preview it looks almost exactly like new super mario bros wii. At least New Super Mario Bros 2 had a theme. THey should have stopped there and came out with something creative like galaxy or something. But that's my opinion. What's Yours?

UbersSuck20
08-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Ha, maybe the second fail of NSMB, after New Super Mario Bros Wii?

Shiningbolt
08-18-2012, 06:10 PM
I think the backgrounds in the game look really compared to what I've previously seen before. Newer Mario games these days are more like a new set of levels. You'd play NSMB Wii and if you wanted more level, you'd just play NSMB Wii U. I don't think they're trying to be very original, just adding more levels to go to and to mess around with with friends. They'll go "too far" as soon as prices drop enough for them to start getting creative. In other words, you'll be waiting for awhile.

The Arrow
08-20-2012, 02:19 AM
I really don't see a need for another Mario game such as this, but that's what Nintendo is all about either way you look at it.

Flubbs
08-20-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm kinda confused as to why "New" is in front of the title of these games anymore. I know they can't leave it blank or else it would be a copy of the old games besides Wii and Wii U, but it's not really new if this is the fourth game in the series in such a short time. Maybe if they were at least trying to put something new in these last two games then it would make sense. NSMB and NSMBWii were great, these next two look unimpressive.

brecot
08-21-2012, 05:16 AM
Well, it looks cool but, is it gonna be like New Super Mario Bros. Wii?

Shantae
08-22-2012, 07:03 AM
Uh, I didn't know that game is gonna released (I'm serious). But Hopefully, this game isn't turn out to be a worst game. Sadly, this game is gonna have same mechanics as like the NSMB Wii. Well, also the title is obvious and plain, and I will not likely gonna buy the game (including the Wii-U) just yet. Even after the released date of Wii-U console which I will think about it much much later, If I ever got interested in that game and Wii-U.

poppop1221221
08-22-2012, 09:29 AM
I may look forward to iy i know that the super mario bros 2 has just came out and we still need to wait but all in all i am looking forward to the game

Giratina720
08-27-2012, 03:36 AM
since nsmb wii u is going to be released, i noticed that after the wii u comes out, the game designers has to test the game out first, put some changes (if neccasary), make the disk, and put them in the boxes then send them to the game stores.

Reaper
08-28-2012, 02:26 AM
Oh look, another Mario game that's exactly like the ones before it, how exciting. <sarcasm> I'll probably just wait to buy until it gets bundled with the Wii U. Hopefully.

Zekrom man
11-07-2012, 04:54 AM
I think it will be better than NSMB Wii

Minntul
11-07-2012, 08:01 AM
Dissapointed.

Expected the first Mario game on Wii U to actually show off what the Wii U can do. Whatever, it'll make more money than any Mario game that actually deserves it because that's how casuals work.

Tuxy
11-07-2012, 03:17 PM
I don't know if I'll be getting this game, if I even get a Wii U. Sure, it looks just like every other 2D Mario platformer so far, but I don't get the criticism on much of that. People like these games, and they buy them. And there will be some new mechanics in NSMBU, which do make me think about buying it.

DeMrTeunio
11-07-2012, 05:56 PM
I really don't know what to think of this game. It's a 2D Mario platformer, so we can expect great controls and clever level design. On the other hand, it is a part of the New Super Mario Bros. sub-series, so I think the innovation factor will be lacking. The original DS game and the one on the Wii had some innovations, they really lacked the factor of charm games like Super Mario World do have. If they compose entirely new music and add brand-new enemies and level designs, I think it could make a fantastic game. If they don't, it's just going to be another good platformer.

The main problem I have with the NSMB games is that I know Nintendo can do better. I hope to see them use that great talent and potential a bit more in future games.