PDA

View Full Version : Good Fire Pokemon

SilkShadow
08-18-2012, 01:56 PM
It seems that pokemon black and white has barely any good fire pokemon. I am gonna do a walkthrough and don't want to rip of SS's chandilore or whatever its called. Any thoughts? Thanks :)

UbersSuck20
08-18-2012, 02:00 PM
Volcarona, Simisear and Emboar are good fire Pokemon if you don't want Chandelure.

Shiningbolt
08-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Volcarona is quite the monster if you manage to use it, but it probably won't evolve in time for the end of the game. I'm pretty sure Simisear is pretty good, so you could always go with that if you don't like Emboar. You'll also find Darmanitan to be MUCH better than you think it is as soon as you use it, so that's also a great option. It's a pretty interesting Pokemon that could spice up your playthrough if only by a little.
Finally, if you happen to have the event ticket, you can use Victini.

sonriopoby123
08-18-2012, 07:01 PM
Y U NO USE CHANDELURE?

Seriously though, Chandelure is a great Pokemon. Good type, great Sp. Attack and Speed, good defenses, and overall a great Pokemon.

Volcarona and Emboar are good, if you put them to use.

I wouldn't recommend Darmanitan and Simisear. It's your choice though.

Jalen Cubs
08-18-2012, 07:37 PM
I would choose Darmanatin because it can learn a Fighting move and even learn Ground type moves which gives it the ups on other fire types

The Arrow
08-19-2012, 12:19 AM
I have to agree with sonriopoby123 on this. Chandelure is a beast if you teach it the right moves. I think Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind, and some other move makes a great moveset for it. Definitely consider it.

Dragonite
08-19-2012, 12:27 AM
Other than Chandelure, Reshiram's probably the best, IF you don't mind using a Legendary and you're playing Black. Volcarona's also good, except that it doesn't evolve until L59. Emboar's okay, unless you use some other starter. The monkey and Darmanitan are sort of borderline. Heatmor is just . . . urgh.

shadowdude
08-19-2012, 01:48 AM
i would definately 100% recomend darmanitan it is crazy strong like over 9000 attack.

XxUnknownxX
08-19-2012, 03:48 AM
Since you don't want to rip off SS's Chandelure, I would recommend Darmanitan or Emboar. Given the right moves, they are BEASTS!

CaptainRed1000
08-19-2012, 04:27 AM
Fire is the 9th most common type in all Five Gens, so it's pretty uncommon in 5th Gen. However, Emboar would probably be the best choice if your not using Chandelure. Good, powerful attacks, can cover almost all of its weaknesses, Good Attack and Health Stats. Pansear and Simisear are just stupid and Larvesta and Volcarona are pretty decent, but the cant really cover their weaknesses and have a 4x Weakness to Rock Attacks and have SO many weaknesses.

UbersSuck20
08-19-2012, 06:24 AM
Y U NO USE CHANDELURE?

Seriously though, Chandelure is a great Pokemon. Good type, great Sp. Attack and Speed, good defenses, and overall a great Pokemon.

Chandelure is not great. It doesn't have good defenses and it's too slow.
Also, how is Simisear not good?

TeeHee4EVA
08-19-2012, 09:25 PM
Darmantian+Belly Drum+Flare Blitz= OMG

Weavile
08-20-2012, 01:23 AM
Heatmor is best, end of discussion.

CriticalCalla
08-20-2012, 02:15 AM
Darmantian+Belly Drum+Flare Blitz= OMG
Your math is wrong. Darmanitan+Belly Drum+Flare Blitz=Dead next turn.

As for me, Magmortor is my favorite. It's a beast special attacker, learns some pretty good moves, and is really good when choice scarf'd.

Turtwig8402
08-20-2012, 03:38 PM
Volcarona Volcarona i think he is the best fire type in the game.

Vast
08-25-2012, 02:45 AM
It's hard to get Volcarona and train it enough to actually use in-game so I would go with Chandelure.

Umbrony
08-25-2012, 04:55 AM
Uh, all I can think of is Volcarona.

Shantae
08-25-2012, 07:23 PM
My opinion (unlike the starter Poke), Volcarona is actually a good Fire type pokemon. As he 4x Weak to rock but he quite a monster. Even the after-game, a Level 70. That done deal! I also think Chandelure is decent/good pokemon, if you want to get it in post-game.

sonriopoby123
08-30-2012, 06:04 PM
Chandelure is not great. It doesn't have good defenses and it's too slow.
Also, how is Simisear not good?

How is it too slow?
It has great Sp. Def, and it is pretty useful.
At least, mine is, and it doesn't even have EVs.

I was never a fan of the monkeys. I think they're only useful in the early parts of the game.

Tainers14
09-01-2012, 12:48 AM
in the art of the in game run. You need to use pokemon that you like. Doesn't matter if they are bad or not because tbh, one can beat in game using whatever pokemon. If I were in your shoes, I'd get a heatmor egg over wifi as soon as possible, and release my starter. Because that's what the hardcore people do.

tl;dr USE WHATEVER FIRE TYPE LOOKS COOL!!!!

UbersSuck20
09-01-2012, 06:32 AM
How is it too slow?
It has great Sp. Def, and it is pretty useful.
At least, mine is, and it doesn't even have EVs.

I was never a fan of the monkeys. I think they're only useful in the early parts of the game.

90 defenses are good, but 60 HP sucks. That doesn't mean he has great defenses. It's still OHKOed by many water-types.

And 80 speed is too slow for a fire-type, it only beats Emboar's. Compare it to Darmanitan's 95, Volcarona's 100 and Simisear's trolly 101 base speed.

Dragonite
09-01-2012, 03:39 PM
And 80 speed is too slow for a fire-type, it only beats Emboar's. Compare it to Darmanitan's 95, Volcarona's 100 and Simisear's trolly 101 base speed.

You can get the Choice Scarf in Castelia City by trading random stuff on the GTS. If you give Chandelure Shadow Ball and Flamethrower and the Scarf, it's base Speed is effectively 120 and it'll destroy basically anything in-game that doesn't resist Ghost or Fire. Just switch it out of battle when you need to.

UbersSuck20
09-01-2012, 04:20 PM
But I can get the Choice Scarf for the rest of those fire-types too, so I hate to say this, but your argument is invalid.

Dragonite
09-01-2012, 04:21 PM
But I can get the Choice Scarf for the rest of those fire-types too, so I hate to say this, but your argument is invalid.

Personally, I have a hard time resisting Chandelure's 145 Special Attack. But you're right, a Darmanitan with the Scarf will outspeed basically anything in the game.

UbersSuck20
09-01-2012, 04:24 PM
And one more thing: few people afford to trade.

Few people have 2 DS's and few people have a friend to trade with.

Dragonite
09-01-2012, 04:25 PM
You don't need 2 DS's. Just catch a few Darumaka and offer them on the GTS for a Patrat or something like that.

UbersSuck20
09-01-2012, 04:28 PM
I'm sure you need Wi-fi for that, though, which I don't have.

Dragonite
09-01-2012, 04:29 PM
You don't have WiFi? Never mind, then.

UbersSuck20
09-01-2012, 04:32 PM
I'm pretty sure you can also get the choice scarf in the battle subway or whatever it's called, but you need 48 BP(or something like that)

Dragonite
09-01-2012, 04:35 PM
After that, it's probably easier just to use something else.

Tainers14
09-03-2012, 05:36 AM
Both of you need to go back to your corner and rethink your lives what you are arguing about. It was suggestions for an IN GAME team. Besides all fire types besides Heatran suck in OU.

sonriopoby123
09-03-2012, 05:54 AM
Both of you need to go back to your corner and rethink your lives what you are arguing about. It was suggestions for an IN GAME team. Besides all fire types besides Heatran suck in OU.

Exactly. I was just saying Chandelure is fine the way it is.

UbersSuck20
09-03-2012, 07:49 AM

Well, Infernape doesn't suck. But enough off-topic.

Christian
09-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Chandelure would probably be my favorite fire type but since you're not going with that I would have to say use Darmanitan. I used that in my first play through and it was a beast, tore down anything that stood in it's way.
If you are going to power level Volcarona is a great choice.

Davismt
09-18-2012, 11:44 AM
I think Volcarona would be a decent choice, but you could consider some fire types like Chandelure. It's powerful, but it doesn't need good defence or speed to at least be a decent pokemon. The COMs in Black and White suck, so you don't need extremely powerful pokemon for your team.

Kyoits
09-27-2012, 11:21 PM
Uh. I guess i should say Darmanitan because if you train that thing right it can sweep a whole team with some strong moves and the correct training.

Edit: Infernape is no 5th gen pokemon *facepalm*

Totodile
10-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Arcanine, Volcarona, and Chandelure are some good fire type Pokemon.

MrKijani
11-10-2012, 01:01 AM
Okay assuming you dont do the legendaries (Reshiram/volcarona) the starter, Emboar, then her are my suggestions:
Simisear, I HATE THE THREE MONKEY POKEMON, but people tell me there good...
Heatmor, I have never used heatmor and all i hear about him is crap...
Darmanitan, I used him once and I found him to be a good round pokemon...

I also excluded Victini and Chandelure(or whatever) I personnally have never used Chand-whatever but I had a friend who used six pokemon level 55 and he couldnt defeat another friends level 60 Chand-whatever. I dont remeber the moveset or anything. I think luck had a large part in it.
Here is a pokedex website, its for B2W2 but it has all the pokemon for BW.
http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/game/black-white-2

♏Ա§♪ℂ~
11-22-2012, 03:52 PM
I really don't like fire types but if I was to say Volcanora is a good fire type. And the bug type keeps it from being SE to earthquake!~

megagamer
11-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Y U NO USE CHANDELURE?

Chandlure is BEEEEEEEEST! But if i used Darmanitan and he is a beast in Attack.

Leafeon
11-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Hmmm. I'd have to go with Tepig. Like have you noticed that most fire type starters turn out to be a fire/fighting type.

LuckyLapras
11-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Hmmm. I'd have to go with Tepig. Like have you noticed that most fire type starters turn out to be a fire/fighting type.

Psst! Zorua! We figured that out a few years ago! kthxbai!
Anyway, Chandelure is good. I don't see how you would be ripping SS off if you used one. I'm using a Chandelure in my Wi-Fi team. There's a Chandelure in my sig!

UbersSuck20
11-24-2012, 03:29 PM
I really don't like fire types but if I was to say Volcanora is a good fire type. And the bug type keeps it from being SE to earthquake!~

Volcarona's retarded defense stat means the bug-type won't do much to repel it's weakness to ground-type moves.

Chandelure has lots of problems that keep it from being the best fire-type in BW.
It can however beat water-types with Energy Ball.

Clairvoya
11-26-2012, 11:53 PM
Chandelure is good, but it is slow and is frail as a Magikarp so its a glass cannon.

Also, I recall Volcarona being good. Or maybe its just because Alder's destroyed me.

Cutiepuffle
11-27-2012, 01:13 AM
Chandelure is good, but it is slow and is frail as a Magikarp so its a glass cannon.

Also, I recall Volcarona being good. Or maybe its just because Alder's destroyed me.

I thought Magikarps were fast.

Ah.....

Chandelure. That thing is my sweeper whenever I do non-legends against my friends.

DarkSide
11-27-2012, 01:41 AM
Well you options are:
Victini Stats: Balanced.
Emboar Stats: Hp: Mid Attack: Very high Defense: low Sp. Atk: High Sp. Def: Low Speed: Mid
Simisear Stats: Hp: Low Attack: High Defense: Low Sp. Atk: High Sp. Def: Low Speed: High
Darmanitan Stats: Hp: Mid Attack: Very high Defense: Low Sp Atk: low Sp. Def: Low Speed: High
Chandelure Stats: Hp: Low Attack: Low Defense: Low-Mid Sp. Atk: AWESOME!!! Sp Def. Low-Mid Speed: Mid
Heatmor, Stats: Hp: Low Attack: High Defense Low Sp Atk: Very High Sp. Def: Low Speed Mid
Volcarona. Hp: Low Attack: Low Defense: Low Sp. Atk: Very High Sp. Def High Speed High

(Source Pokedex 3D pro)
You better appreciate this :p it took forever to type.

Ice
11-27-2012, 01:47 AM
I fail to see how posting how good their stats are (without even putting the actual numbers) would help anyone make a decision.

TheTrainerExpert
12-28-2012, 07:37 AM
Simisear and Chandelure are really good fire types that I have seen.