PDA

View Full Version : What kind of battle tricks do you use in a pokemon battle?

Leafeon
08-24-2012, 02:44 AM
Everyone has their tricks!What's yours in a pokemon battle?

Dragonite
08-24-2012, 02:54 AM
Competitively, I don't have all that much battling experience so I lost most of my battles anyway, but I like to stall with Toxic, Protect, and the Leftovers. Messing around with Zoroark's Ability can also be fun, and it usually works reasonably well. I also like to Baton Pass with Ninjask.

In-game, my theory is "Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Waterfall, Earthquake or Dragon Claw will debilitate just about anything."

CaptainRed1000
08-24-2012, 03:10 AM
I use the old "the best Defence is a good Offence" in my battle attacks, though it doesn't hurt to use Protect every once in a while.

Zachgoose
08-24-2012, 03:11 AM
Rhyperior is my trick.

People don't understand it, because it's rarely used. They just see that it has so many weaknesses and a low Sp. Def stat. However, Rhyperior can take 3 or so hits from most 2x super effective moves. Heck, Rhyperior can even survive (weaker) Water and Grass moves and kill the target back!

UbersSuck20
08-24-2012, 05:56 AM
I also use Rhyperior(the CB variant), and it hits like a truck. CB Rhyperior has no counters. Even paralyzed Milotic is 2hkoed after SR.

Also, I used ParaShuffler Dragonite in one of my OU teams, and it kicked butt.

talkingMeowth
08-24-2012, 01:16 PM
In competitive battling I like setting up stealth rocks and spikes and then just stalling with toxic and protect.

pikachumaster
08-24-2012, 01:22 PM
I just teach my Pokemon offensive moves and spam. Its not a good strategy
But I still win though. :P

The Arrow
08-24-2012, 07:09 PM
I'm not really sure I use any tricks, but I usually just try to teach my Pokemon offensive moves, strong moves, or stat-boosting moves.

Charizardflyer
08-24-2012, 07:12 PM
I like offence and speed. Very powerful and high level pokemon to knock to foe out before it can do any real damage. The pokemon that i like to use are: Charizard, Jolteon, Tyranatair ect.

Flubbs
08-24-2012, 07:33 PM
I have this one trick in doubles that works amazing. Use Shuckle and Blissey. Shuckle uses Guard Split on Blissey. Blissey now has massive def, sp. def, and hp. Make sure Blissey has softboiled and stall all day with it. GG.

Zachgoose
08-24-2012, 08:01 PM
I also use Rhyperior(the CB variant)

YES <3

I don't know about you, but I mainly use it in OU. When paired with paralysis support it because an exceptional physical wall with an attack stat that's through the roof!

ShadowMr.L
08-24-2012, 08:50 PM
I don't have any tricks. I just go in there and fight like I mean it!

Shantae
08-24-2012, 10:31 PM
For me, I don't have any battle tricks. I just mainly focus on my offensive attack moves, or some stat boost up's moves or status moves (Paralyze, Sleep, etc.) and then use an attack in next move.

Shiningbolt
08-25-2012, 01:16 AM
I only play in-game Pokemon, so I mostly just use attacks. Sometimes I'll resort to status effects, but I usually have really powerful stuff with good accuracy in the end. In-game normally doesn't push me to be too creative, after all.

Weavile
08-25-2012, 02:03 AM
There are some really awesome tricks you can pull off with the pinch berries. My favorite is Custap Berry Aggron with Metal Burst, Endeavor, Stealth Rock and Head Smash. The idea is he takes a super effective move which knocks him down to Sturdy, and then kill off whatever hit you with Metal Burst. Then the Custap activates and you get +1 Priority on Endeavor for the next Pokemon they send in. It's one of my favorite sets right now.

Hellwaker
08-29-2012, 02:56 AM
My only really battle trick is really expensive. Buy as many revives as you can and revive a pokemon it gets killed off, revive a pokemon it gets killed. Basicly you should have more revives than they do pp. It is a jerk move and only a last resort but still there when i need it. Finishing the elite 4 with 2 lvl 40 pokemon ftw.

CriticalCalla
08-29-2012, 03:42 AM
One of my favorite tricks is to use Parashuffle Dragonite. If I have Spikes and Rocks up, just T-Wave, Sub, Roost, and D-tail. I make sure to get rid of any Ice, Dragons, or Rock types before sending him though. It throws people off since most Dragonites are D-Dancers.

LuckyLapras
08-29-2012, 09:33 AM
Erm, let's see, in-game I go all out attack and I have a good way of training my Pokemon. I have never battled in competitive.

super dill
08-29-2012, 10:47 AM
I Dont really have one just play and see how it goes.

whiffet
08-29-2012, 10:19 PM
I very rarely venture outside of in-game battles. I do love using Leech Seed, though. I also had fun a while back abusing a Breloom with Spore, Substitute, Focus Punch, and something else. The other three moves were the important ones, though. It's not as good out-of-game, since people have a rule about sleep.

OwenDaynes
09-03-2012, 06:52 PM
I haven't had any Wi-Fi battles since HG/SS came out, but "back in the day" with my Platinum team, I enjoyed using a Electivire as my sweeper, with a Ninjask to set up Swords Dance(s) and protect to up it's speed, before SubPassing to the Electivire to normally wreck havoc.

But those were the days where Marriland was "the King" of Wi-Fi battling.

Umbrony
09-03-2012, 07:31 PM
I outsmart myself By assuming a certain Pokemon has certain moves, and switching. I am wrong all the time, and I end up losing because of it.
Because they don't. They use something super effective against the switched pokemon.