PDA

View Full Version : Do you respect people with tattoos?

Umbrony
08-24-2012, 11:13 PM
People that put that black (or colorful as I've seen in some cases) ink on their body and think they look nice? Do you respect them?

In my opinion, I don't ascribe respect to someone simply because they have a tattoo or not. I have objections to certain offensive tattoos (you know what I mean. Mermaids with thier uh, everything showing...)). But I don't see that as a base reason for not respecting another human being.

Personally, i'm pretty neutral about tattoos. It doesn't impress me that people try to make themselves stand out by inserting poisonous ink into their bodies in order to make some political or artistic statement. But, at the end of the day it honestly doesn't bother me that people do it.

Dabottle
08-24-2012, 11:14 PM
I couldn't care less. It's none of my business and it's not affecting anybody.

EpicCh33se
08-24-2012, 11:18 PM
People usually state that tattoos are "gang-related". I do not see how. It's more like gangs are tattoo-related. It's the same with graffiti. In my opinion, graffiti is just another font of writing/form of art. It's just when gangs start using it is when it turns "bad". I treat people with tattoos the same way I treat other people. It's not their appearance that counts, but rather what their personality is like. When people see a person with a tattoo/s, they right off the bat think that they are a bad person. I know some really nice people who have tattoos. This is just another case of "judging a book by it's cover".

Tuxy
08-24-2012, 11:18 PM
First of: Some people have tattoos with naked women, other people have tattoos with the birthdays/names of their family and others just have random stuff or a political statement or whatever. There is a huge difference. For me, as long as it isn't a whole-body-covering tattoo (these look really stupid), I don't really care. I don't think I'll ever get one myself though.

Flubbs
08-24-2012, 11:19 PM
My opinion on people with tattoos just depends on my opinion of the person in general. If the person is someone I respect, then I'm going to respect them, tattooed or not. As a whole, tattoos don't change my perspective of a person at all.

Minntul
08-24-2012, 11:22 PM
Of course I respect them. I think having a permanent mark on your body to amke a statement/express yourself is a bold thing to do. It doesn't make them any less of a person if they do have tattoos, I don't see the problem.

Except the really ugly tattoos that people have all over their body. Seriously what the **** man, what's the point.

Uzi
08-24-2012, 11:22 PM
It's just a picture/string of words. I don't really see why I would change my view of a person just because they have #RonPaul on their arm on something.

Unless it's like gang affiliated or something, then I get the "Hangs out with X so he must be X" treatment which isn't all that cool.

Graph
08-24-2012, 11:25 PM
It doesn't make any difference to me, but getting a tattoo that's funny when you're younger, but looks stupid and wrinkly when you're older is horrible. Tattoos also affect decisions in job interviews, so you would need to be careful of where it is.

Patriot
08-24-2012, 11:27 PM
What is the point of treating somebody differently just because they have random pictures on their skin? I'm not gonna yell, "HEY TURD WHAT IS WITH THOSE UGLY THINGS ON YOUR SKIN", just because they have tattoos on them. Of course, I'm not gonna respect pedos with fully tattooed bodies, but besides that, I don't have a single problem with tattoos.

Dragonite
08-24-2012, 11:28 PM
Not really, although if I see someone wearing tattoos with lewd images/words, I'll probably associate the person as one of the teenagers that you hear about in the news sometimes.

Although one of my friends in school has a Kingdom Hearts tattoo on his arm, which looked pretty neat. I don't know what it'll look like when he's 50, though. I'd never get one, though. I don't like needles.

Shantae
08-25-2012, 02:14 AM
It really doesn't really make any difference for me, and besides. In my life, I'll never get a tattoo, ever. Anyways, yes I do respect people with tattoos. I don't mind about it, as long it's not gang related. Then I'm fine with it.

Vast
08-25-2012, 02:22 AM
It depends on how many tattoos they have. If they're all over I lose respect

CriticalFlygon
08-25-2012, 02:23 AM
Doesn't really matter to me for their tattoo doesn't define who they are. I'd treat them with the same respect I give everyone else granted they didn't make an enemy out of me.

ShadowMr.L
08-25-2012, 03:15 AM
I don't have much of an opinion, as my Aunt's have tattoos.

Sammiiee13
08-25-2012, 04:19 AM
Doesn't matter to me, in fact my parents, boyfriend, friends and uncle have them. I don't like tattoos all over tho. My dad has most of his arms done but it looks pretty cool. Least it's just his arms and he only did them in the last few years ( he had older ones he want to cover). My mom just has little ones on her back and my friends have there kids names or their initials so fairly standard.

Hellwaker
08-25-2012, 04:26 AM
I usally dislike people's tattoos, though this doesn't affect about how i feel about the people exept in the obvious cases(the ones already said in this thread(though don't care what people's tatoos look like if i can't see them) ). Not many people have tatoos that i know(well not anywhere i can see them) and so i am still fairly nuteral about them.

Christian
08-26-2012, 12:20 PM
Just because someone decide to get a tattoo they do not get my respect.
I personally do not like them but if someone else wants one I am perfectly fine with that as well.

Shiningbolt
08-27-2012, 07:23 PM
I try to ignore people with tattoos, actually. I personally think engraving a marking onto your skin permanently is a waste. I'm not too fond of looking at them and since they don't just fade away after awhile, I don't really like to hang out with people who have them in really noticeable places.

Rainbowdash372
08-27-2012, 09:32 PM
I do respect people that have tattoos, it was their choice that they wanted one so i dont judge them for having ink in their skin and true some people have tattoos of stuff that we dont like to see like naked women, evil demons or tigers or whatever but i don't hate them for having that. we all have different opinions on stuff and we should all tolerate it even though some dont like it at least thats what i think.

DeMrTeunio
08-28-2012, 08:06 AM
I personally try to respect people no matter who they are or what they have. Personal expression is a good thing, and if some people express themselves by engraving ink into their skins that's OK with me. I don't think I'd have a tattoo myself, but for me the fact somebody has a tattoo doesn't change my view on them.

The Arrow
08-28-2012, 03:04 PM
Yes, I do. There is absolutely nothing that's hurting me from it, therefore there's nothing stopping them from wearing them. I hate it when people complain about it. Now, there is a limit to how many tattoos a person should have. If their whole body is covered with tattoos, that's disgusting. But most people don't have many unless they're gangsta.

Totodile
09-06-2012, 01:35 AM
I don't mind if a person has a tattoo. I have never been a fan of them but as far as respect for someone else that has them I honestly don't think it matters. It's their body let them do what they want to it. Right?

Chihaya
09-06-2012, 02:23 AM
Tattoos don't necessarily affect how I see someone. I have a good friend who has tattoos on his shoulders and ankles and is still a nice person. Of course, there are some things he does that I don't necessarily approve of [personally] but he's still a good friend. Regardless if someone is covered head to toe in tattoos, as long as they have a polite or pleasant persona, I still respect them.

I never knew gang tattoos still existed... I figured the whole "gang" thing was a more 2000 before year thing. Maybe I'm clueless. //

Giratina720
09-06-2012, 02:45 AM
I usually like tattoos but my mom says there toxic, i don't usually talk about tattoos because i just don't even want to

SilkShadow
09-06-2012, 04:17 AM
I will never get a tattoo, but I don't have an opinion one way or another. Unless they are grossly large or offensive. If I was a year younger, I might have answered differently, until I realized all my favorite basketball players had them. I was very immature a year ago. All well, I'm smarter now :)

Tainers14
09-06-2012, 04:23 AM
I respect people with tattoos because they actually had the balls to get them. But it's gonna screw them over 20-30 years later and their skin starts to stretch, the tattoo is gonna look super ugly!!!

herothezero
03-17-2013, 12:51 AM
I dislike tattoos, mainly because I've never seen the point of them.

BreeZaps
03-17-2013, 02:16 AM
I don't mind if they wear one. But respect is earned. So whatever.

Leafeon
03-17-2013, 02:21 AM
Um....only if the tattoo is small and not inappropriate. Like those cute little kiddie tattoos I buy sometimes.

TheMasterLink10
03-17-2013, 06:12 PM
Somewhat, I really don't care, but I know I'll never get one, unless it's a temporary tattoo.

777mariomaster
03-25-2013, 03:29 AM
It really boils down to content for me.
For example, my mom has one for autism awareness, so I'm good with it.
But when there's fairly meaningless scrawls or patterns, I begin to wonder...
Overall, though, I'm more concerned about the person's character.

Kyoits
03-25-2013, 03:46 AM
This is a perfect example of "Judging a book by its cover". I don't see a reason not to respect people with tattoos. I know the stereotype tattoo means gangster but not all the time.

Prospering
03-25-2013, 04:06 AM
This is a perfect example of "Judging a book by its cover". I don't see a reason not to respect people with tattoos. I know the stereotype tattoo means gangster but not all the time.
When I saw this topic I literally was going to say " Don't Judge a Book by its cover." Anyways, people with tatoos are just like people that smoke. You never know, actually this morning this guy who to me was really nice and seemed like a person that didn't smoke actually smoked. Its just like if someone has a tatoo that is hidden. Tattoos aren't always of violence and they are mostly acknowledging people such as their parents or children.

MuddyMudkip
03-25-2013, 01:33 PM
I've never liked tattoos - I guess the fake ones at kids' parties were cool, but that was it. never really took a liking to people who did have tattoos, mainly because it was just all over their body and everything, and a lot of the pictures were just... Bad, to put it simply. (of course, I would have very high respect to those that get tattoos about raising awareness about something - but that's different from the one discussed below).

On the other hand, I think most people just get tattoos to prove their "strength" or "manliness" or whatever - and hoenstly, you don't need those stuff to prove or boast about something, it even leaves less of an impression or an impact on me, personally. I've learned not to judge people too much about those kinds of stuff, though - so I'd obviously have respect for them (you do unto others what you want others to do unto you) but let me tell you, it definitely does not impress me in any way. I would never like tattoos or people with those stuff, but respecting them and treating them equally is something necessary, in my own personal belief.

Rocket
03-25-2013, 01:50 PM
Not really, but everyone in 8th grade at my school has one. I don't like them,

IndoKoreanMuslim
03-25-2013, 09:38 PM
Not really, but everyone in 8th grade at my school has one. I don't like them,

What. Some ghetto school you have...
I personally don't like tatoos as it automatically gives me the impression that said person with tatoo will knock me flat on my back.
Judgmental, yes I know, but I don't find permanently marking your body with ink at all necessary.

Ferrospike
03-25-2013, 11:05 PM
I have a tattoo so, I really don't care what people think of me for having one. In turn I don't care if you have a tattoo or not

sonriopoby123
05-15-2013, 01:38 AM
Why shouldn't I? They decided to put those on their body, so I don't really care.

Pokemon Trainer N
05-15-2013, 02:47 AM
I'll respect them until they give me a real reason not to

Will of D
05-15-2013, 05:34 AM
As long as it doesn't offend anyone in any way, then I'm okay with it. Plus I have several friends who have tattoos.

theblindxatu
05-19-2013, 05:12 PM
Do what you want. They're just making themselves different form others. I will respect them unless they give me a reason not to.

joebob2311
07-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Some of them are really ugly but I guess I can give credit to the people since it seems like it hurts.

Hakuiin
07-05-2013, 02:19 PM
I don't really care about it if I know him, or he's my close friend.
I'll try to get to know the tattooed person's personality.

Cutiepuffle
07-05-2013, 04:17 PM
I have to admit they were brave to do that. And I don't care what they do, as long as they can live with something really odd once those wrinkles come in.