PDA

View Full Version : How good is your schools food?

Charizardflyer
08-25-2012, 10:49 PM
My school makes awsome food. I rarely bring my lunch box. They also have breckfast for people who do'nt get to eat it at home.

Tuxy
08-25-2012, 10:51 PM
My school's food is really good, but terribly over-priced. I usually go to the nearby supermarket or McDonalds in lunch break when I need something to eat.

Graph
08-25-2012, 10:54 PM
We don't have like a canteen, we just bring our own lunches. You can buy sausage rolls, spicy wedges, crisps, chocolate, sandwiches, etc in the school shop though.

CriticalFlygon
08-25-2012, 10:57 PM
My school's food is garbage and overpriced. I mean really $2.10 for a slice of pizza and an apple. The only thing I eat are their sandwiches and those aren't the best in the world. Also add in the fact that most of it is unhealthy. What you get is absolute garbage.

Minntul
08-25-2012, 10:58 PM
People don't just go to the shops at Lunch?

I've never ever had food at my school and just get money from my mother to go to the local shop instead.

Dabottle
08-25-2012, 10:59 PM
In Ireland, we don't really have school food. You bring in your own lunch or go to the local shops. However, a separate entity has set up a small canteen in out school hall, which essentially negates the walk the walk to the local shop. I've never actually bought anything there, but, from what I know, the food's pretty good.

Uzi
08-25-2012, 11:00 PM

We aren't allowed to go out to Open Lunch here until we're seniors.

My school's food has always been pretty good. I started having a weak stomach in Grade 4 though so I can't eat everything like I used to. Shame.

Blue
08-25-2012, 11:00 PM
My school's food is really good, but terribly over-priced.

This. Well most of the time.

I know there food is frozen but they have Domino's Pizza daily however it's $4 for one slice and another $1 or $1.50 for drinks that are not milk and chips.

Edit: Oh yeah their burgers... I think it contains "finely textured lean beef" or pinkslime.

You are so lucky. Our school is nearby so many restaurants and they allowed 11th and 12th grade. Thanks to complaints about litter now it's for seniors only. There's tens of good restaurants with reasonably-priced food. I have to wait another year.

Shantae
08-25-2012, 11:04 PM
My school's food is just waste, in my opinion. But at least, there are some decent foods like Pizza, but some are just crap. I don't eat their food that much, but hey we need it for our empty stomach. Oh, their food are kept in frozen. It just wow.

ShadowMr.L
08-25-2012, 11:05 PM
My school's food is just drop-dead horrible. Especially since my friend grossed us all out with the school's Peanut Butter..

Dragonite
08-25-2012, 11:14 PM
Bad, raised to the twentieth power. They can't even make freezer pizza or store-bought cookies (don't ask how they manage it). And me and my friends are often not joking when we say the food looks like you-know-what and smells even worse. Who's bright idea was the Sodexo as a lunch company, anyway?

Spitfire
08-25-2012, 11:15 PM
School's food is absolute crap. I pack lunch every single day. Cheaper to do it that way anyway.

Ice
08-25-2012, 11:16 PM
Here you either buy lunch or bring it. Even if we were allowed to leave during middle school there's really nothing that you could get nearby except maybe a burrito/doughnut/ice cream. Dunno if they let us do anything in high school. I doubt it, and even if they did it would basically mean driving down and grabbing one of the aforementioned things and probably only for the higher years.

Anyway, to answer the question, my school for the past few years has had decent enough food. Dunno what my new school's is like since I have never eaten any of it.

TheTrainerExpert
08-25-2012, 11:42 PM
(Since I am going into my first year of high school, I will refer to my middle school food) It is pretty descent, like the pizza and nachos, but the other stuff I really don't care for.

The Arrow
08-25-2012, 11:46 PM
Not good... at all. I remember in Middle School it was alright but in High School it stinks. Middle School had some good fries, which weren't too greasy nor were they too done/not done enough. In High School they have fries as well, but they aren't near as good. Overall, my school's food stinks.

Umbrony
08-25-2012, 11:48 PM
My school's food is just drop-dead horrible. Especially since my friend grossed us all out with the school's Peanut Butter..

MY SCHOOL

Doesn't have any food. D:

Rainbowdash372
08-26-2012, 12:06 AM
My schools food is just terrible and just crap really. Though at some times the food actually taste good (though its very rare that it happens) thats why i dont even eat lunch at my school anymore i just wait until i get home to eat or one of my friends usually ends up giving me a snack or something (u can thank my friend for that cuz one day the he got some chocolate milk from school and we he opened it, it was all slushy-like and it has like bits of ice in it and was still pretty cold......it grossed me out).

Tainers14
08-26-2012, 03:51 AM
My school has THE BEST chicken ranch wraps EVER. It's like dying and going to heaven when one takes a bite out of this godlike chicken ranch wrap. Their paninis are also really good as well.

DeMrTeunio
08-26-2012, 08:39 AM
The food at my school used to be cheap and quite good yet unhealthy, which made the parent-board protest. So now we have food that's marginally healthier, but I doubt anyone can enjoy it and it's so overpriced. In comparison: the only healthy thing in the old canteen, a certain sandwich, was €1.50 and in the new canteen an equivalent sandwich costs €3.50. Thanks, parent board!

mars29979
08-26-2012, 09:16 AM
really unheatly according to ofsted (school insection thingy ) not very nive either

UbersSuck20
08-26-2012, 11:09 AM
My school has very, very bad food.

Christian
08-26-2012, 12:15 PM
We have really good food, and it's free so that is a huge +.
It contains of 3 different types of food and salad.

Merga
08-26-2012, 02:32 PM
This year is the first time I actually decided to make my own lunch because our school lunch has really gotten bad this year.

We have disgusting cardboard entrees, that are overpriced, and they also decided to cut the portions as well, so we are pretty much paying for less food for the same price every year.

Sammiiee13
08-26-2012, 02:55 PM
My middle school and high school were the same place so 6 years eating the same food. When I was in grade 7 and 8 tho I would go to the mall across the street and get food but once the tore down the mall that wasn't an option. However my school food wasn't to bad. Our Caf won awards for health selection in all the schools in the city. The price wasn't always the best but we had great specials. I also worked in my Caf for a class in grade 11 so I got free lunch.

Xerodragon12
08-26-2012, 03:29 PM
My University food is actually very good. It's actually on par with Cornell University's (which is ranked best school food in the country). And when I don't want to eat in the dining halls, there's a ton of restaurants in College town to eat at.

Totodile
08-26-2012, 04:22 PM
My school's food is terrible but at least it isn't overpriced. If you go to eat at the elementary school which is where the kindergarteners all the way to 6 grade go to school you pay $1.55. And if you are in the high school which is where I am at right now you pay $1.65. It is $0.50 for extras or ice cream or something like that. The food is terrible most of the time. Their pizza is ok, the Tacos are to greasy, like literally by the time the taco is gone there is a pool of grease left behind. Gross! And their beef stew don't get me started. It looks like somebody puked all over my tray and added some vegetables to it afterward. GROSS!!!!

Shiningbolt
08-27-2012, 07:21 PM
My current school sells fast food and cafeteria food. The cafeteria food is definitely the best I have ever had before, but it still isn't that great. Fast food is fast food, so I don't think I need to say how tasty that is to me.

Cedeus
08-27-2012, 10:40 PM
My school has quite good food but it has one main flaw and that is that it is overpriced so i rather bring my own food.

Hellwaker
08-28-2012, 12:37 AM
My school has ok food. It is way overpriced though and there is a line big enough that you will lose half your break time waiting in line. I usually like to eat a big breakfast and afternoon tea at home than bring lunch to school usally just an orange or something.

Chihaya
08-28-2012, 01:39 AM
The only food that I really like at my school are Baked Lays Chips and the occasional curly fries that we'll receive once in a blue moon. Sometimes they'll have mini burgers or something nice around the holidays, but the majority of the food I don't like too much. Unfortunately I just buy it to buy it so I won't be hungry/starving the rest of the day in school.. //

Reaper
08-28-2012, 02:13 AM
I never buy food from my school, but that doesn't stop me from mooching off of my friends. It's okay, nothing special.

Giratina720
08-28-2012, 03:42 AM
usually i buy lunch and bring lunch, it depends on the days lunch is giving

newsupermariobros
09-15-2012, 05:43 PM
The pizza sucks.There is no vending machine.ITS HORRIBLE!

SilkShadow
09-15-2012, 11:42 PM
Theres a starbucks thats right next to my school where i bring my girlfriend every chance i get. :cool:
The regular foods not bad though:)

Koyomi
09-15-2012, 11:44 PM
My school is BEAST. We get Domino's Pizza delivered everyday no joke. Last week I was eating Domino's Pizza like a beast and drinking chocolate milk like a BEAST. We sometimes get chicken sandwiches too, those are alright but the pizza is better.

Kyoits
09-18-2012, 12:23 AM
I remember that in high school the lunch made so many kids go home (because they were sick) and the school almost got sued by a parent who has very mad at her sons two days in the hospital.

Dragonite
09-18-2012, 12:34 AM
I remember that in high school the lunch made so many kids go home (because they were sick) and the school almost got sued by a parent who has very mad at her sons two days in the hospital.

That happened in my school once, minus the almost getting sued part. As a result nobody eats meat out of the school kitchen anymore.

FelsicFurret
09-18-2012, 12:45 AM
All through elementary, middle, and high school, I brought lunch from home, so I guess I can't really speak for that food. My friends generally seemed to be OK with it though.

At college, I like how my dorm's cafeteria has a great variety of food...I probably eat healthier here than I do at home as a result! But most of it doesn't taste that good...

epickirby
09-18-2012, 12:54 AM
I rarely eat the school's lunch. Especially up here, it costs $2.40/day versus NY's $1.50/day for the same quality food. I don't wanna have to pay 90¢ more.

I usually bring my own lunch to school.

Red
09-18-2012, 01:54 AM
The food at my school is "decent". It's not the best but it's definitely better than a lot of school's food I've seen. The pizzas are painted in grease which is why I refuse to eat them and every year the price for lunch goes up by like 35 cents.

Sammiiee13
09-18-2012, 03:07 AM
This year my college has a new pizza place, papas johns. I have yet to try it, but hear its good!

Flubbs
09-18-2012, 03:58 AM
My school's food is absolutely AMAZING! It is a bit overpriced though, but sometimes they have really good deals and I think the cheeseburgers are the best. Honestly, they're some of the best burgers I've ever had. Also, they sell Starbucks at my school. My life is complete.

Gazzbonazza10
09-18-2012, 01:38 PM
my school used to make good food, then the govenrment went all haywire, and now all the good stuff is just a touch *too* healthy

Yui
09-18-2012, 09:35 PM
My school's food is surprisingly delectable. I mean, it's actually not that surprising seeing that I come from a wealthy district, but it's always nice to try new things. Today I ate a chicken finger and grilled cheese sandwich (all-in-one) and fries for the first time today and I was amazed by how good it is. I guess 180 days (my freshman year) weren't enough to judge the school's cafeteria xD

herothezero
07-07-2013, 08:38 PM
My school has a wide selection of food, but that does it make it great. My personal favorite used to be a sub with salsa, ham, turkey, salami, cheese, lettuce, and mustard. Since they don't allow salsa with subs anymore (no idea why), my favorite is a burrito with beans, rice, salsa, chicken, cheese, and sour cream. Unfortunately, due to their popularity, I rarely can get them.