PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Yu Gi Oh! Series

Giratina720
08-27-2012, 04:30 AM
Okay so as the title says above what's your favorite yu gi oh! Series. If there's one that has been made please don't sue just send me the link and i'll see it. Anyways my favorite is Yu Gi Oh! Zexal because of the music and how cool about the numbers.

newsupermariobros
08-27-2012, 11:49 AM
I haven't watched yu gi oh alot but since i've only seen 3 episodes i'll go with yu gi oh 3d's

ShadowMr.L
08-27-2012, 12:48 PM
The original Yu-Gi-Oh will always be the best.

Judge Mandolore Shepard
08-27-2012, 01:58 PM
I would have to say that when it comes to the Yu-Gi-Oh! series, I am a fan of the Original and GX. Also, there is a mistake in the poll, there has never been a series called Yu-Gi-Oh! 3D's, there was a series called Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's.

Ice
08-27-2012, 02:01 PM
I stopped really caring about the anime and card game a few months back, but my favorite was 5D's. Despite the fact that Yusei never lost except for in a single flashback, and that he probably had a card printer installed somewhere after the Nazca arc just because his season 2 decklist is a mile long, he was still likeable enough (though not as much as a certain other character who is "Yusei done right".) It had good music (see: Clear Mind) and one of the protagonists used what was probably my favorite archetype.

I liked the first two series as well. GX was what got me into the franchise and was enjoyable (in Japanese oh god the English versions were horrible for every series except the original). The original is the original and I think most people would say that it was good, including me (though after I actually started playing the game I started to hate the Duelist Kingdom arc because the way they played the game in that arc was horrible).

ZeXal was a giant trainwreck and never should have happened. That thing's only redeeming factors are Kaito (or Kite because the dub is bad) and maybe Astral. Yuma was essentially what Ash is in Best Wishes. A complete idiot that knows NOTHING about what he's spent his entire life interested in. Both the Pokemon and YGO writers went about things the wrong way. Going off topic for a second, Pokemon cannot just decide to refresh the anime without dropping Ash as the main protagonist because he has already had his idiot time and has basically mentored two beginning trainers (somehow) and what they did with Best Wishes was totally unrealistic. The reason I bring this up is because ZeXal did something similar. While it wasn't showcased in some previous series, Yuma has been playing this game HIS WHOLE LIFE. With all that practice, do you seriously expect me to believe that he is so horrible that he cannot beat his friend even once despite the fact that his deck (which isn't even incredibly overpowered) probably doesn't ever change?

The only time I ever recall him winning something on his own, it was because the anime used a card that had an altered effect from the game. He has no concept of strategy and cannot see what is a totally obvious bluff. Around the point when I gave up on this horrible thing, Yuma's strategy was basically get two Level 4s, overlay, get Hope, get Hope Ray next turn. He doesn't seem to realize that he has a bunch of powerful crap sitting in his pocket when he plays these games that could handle things much better. In the 50-ish episodes I watched, he used another Number once or twice, which was Leviathan Dragon a little bit after he got it. I have to say that whoever had the bright idea to scrap Hope's self-destruct clause for the anime was an idiot.

Also, in those 50-ish episodes, there was barely any character growth from him and I suppose something equally important in this series is that he never learned how to play the game better. Seriously, whenever he did something that made me think he was learning, he would follow it up with something incredibly stupid. Yugi (or more accurately Atem), Judai and Yusei were good from the point of their debut. A less-skilled person would have been a nice change, if they made it an average person and not a total idiot. It was so bad that it wasn't even entertaining. The dubbing made it ten times worse because on top of everything, now the voice acting and opening were terrible as well. I could go on longer about how this anime probably bothered me more than how much of an exploitable mess the game was, but I won't.

Also, Yu-Gi-Oh 3D's does not exist unless you are referring to the 3D movie, which is a movie and not a series.

Umbrony
08-27-2012, 07:44 PM
^^...

Uh, nothing can beat original. I dont care too much for Yu Gi Oh though. I just watched the original and liked it a little bit...

The Arrow
08-28-2012, 03:49 PM
My favorite is the Original Yu-Gi-Oh! because all of the other ones suck. I loved watching the God Monsters go at it in Battle City. That made the whole series worth watching.

TheTrainerExpert
08-28-2012, 04:14 PM
Original Yugioh beats all. All the other series are just...don't get me started.

Shantae
08-28-2012, 04:21 PM
I only watch the Original Yu-Gi-Oh Series, and few episode from 3D. The original really can't beat than other series, and other series was, ugh horrible.

Rainbowdash372
08-28-2012, 08:42 PM
The Original was always the best for many reasons, one is that it had my favorite Yui Gi OH Character Joey Wheeler he was just the goofball of the bunch and he always knows when to get serious. GX was pretty good too though i stopped watching the series once 5d's came on cuz i was like "Really? Card games on motorcycles? how does that even work?" But yeah the Original was the best for me.

phantomscar
09-15-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm going with 5ds since riding motorcycles while playing a children's card game is more cool than not riding a motorcycle whuile playing a card game

Pokemon Trainer N
01-21-2013, 04:01 AM
Original I love it gotta say

Pokemon73
01-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Tie between 3d's and zezal for me

Davismt
01-22-2013, 01:49 AM
omg guys u-gee-oh zexal is da BOMB

In all seriousness, The original Yu-Gi-Oh was the best, but GX and 3D's were pretty good too.

Krauersaut
01-24-2013, 02:47 PM
For some reason, I preferred GX and the original over every other one... Idk why, I guess the GX storyline just appealed to me when I was younger.

The Arrow
01-24-2013, 11:52 PM
The Original and GX... I haven't watched much of 5D's and Zexal, but from what I see 5D's isn't all that appealing to me. The characters in Zexal look like aliens to me and the dueling system is so far advanced that it's out of my league. Currently trying to watch GX, and after that I'll be watching 5D's, then maybe centuries after that I may watch Zexal and the aliens.

http://im.glogster.com/media/4/34/87/10/34871038.jpg

Just going to put her there.

Kyoits
02-02-2013, 04:36 AM
I like 3D`S the best because the theme is actually good and the duel style is better than the original.

Patriot
02-02-2013, 04:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BHsSx9k8hk

This one.

Leafeon
02-04-2013, 06:04 PM
Yu gi oh is soooo complicated! I hate it so much! I liked Yu gi oh GX. It was entertainin enough, but still boring at the same time.

Derose
02-06-2013, 08:11 PM
Well depending on what cards that has been in the series of yu-gi-oh before it got cooler with duel runners and duel gazers and all that i have to say Zexal for my favorite because of the Xyz monsters and the series openings in japanese version. Does play the card game myself....