PDA

View Full Version : Rate my Pokemon Black Team Plz

Serpavia
08-31-2012, 09:26 PM
I'm replaying Pokemon Black and I chose a team. If you think its bad tell me what a better pokemon would be.
Oshawott
Woobat
Purrloin
Sewaddle
Blitzle
Darumaka
That's the team I chose please rate.

X!!
09-01-2012, 05:26 AM
Get rid of Purrloin and use either Sandile, Scraggy, or Yamask.

talkingMeowth
09-01-2012, 11:39 AM
I would replace woobat with pidove.

Ice
09-01-2012, 03:24 PM
There are better dark types than Purrloin, such as Sandile and Scraggy, which X mentioned.

Also...

I would replace woobat with pidove.
why would you ever use pidove

UbersSuck20
09-01-2012, 04:35 PM
^Swoobat is so bad... that's why he can use Pidove.
Also, Eelektross > Zebstrika.

sonriopoby123
09-01-2012, 04:40 PM
^Swoobat can be very useful. Unfezant is just an overrated Pidgeot.

Replace Purrloin and Blitzle. You can do better with Sandile and Joltik.

And if you want, Litwick and Venipede can be very useful instead of Darumaka and Sewaddle.

UbersSuck20
09-01-2012, 04:52 PM
At what is Swoobat useful? It's just a BW version of Golbat.

And I don't see why Tynamo isn't better than Joltik. But yeah Purrloin sucks.

Dragonite
09-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Oshawott and its evolutions are awesome.

If they give Swoobat some kind of crazy evolution in a hypothetical 6th gen, it may be useful. But until then, aren't there any better Flying Pokemon you can think of?

I think Sewaddle and Leavanny is like Paras with a new sprite, but I don't like many of the other Grass Pokemon in this game, either.

Liepard and Purrloin are good for a Fake Out and a Sucker Punch, but die really quickly after that.

Blitzle and Zebstrika are physical Electric types, which is kinda awkward.

Darumaka and Darmanitan I've never used, but they look pretty good.

sonriopoby123
09-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Exactly. Swoobat/Golbat/Crobat are pretty useful. I used one in my playthrough, and it did great.
Galvantula and Joltik have a BIGGER opportunity to learn moves, and they can withstand Ground attacks, being part Bug and all. The Tynamo family is awkward, and has poor stats as well.

Ice
09-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Eelektross has Levitate, Sonrio. Also, Ubers, if you're going to suggest a Swoobat replacement, what could possibly drive you to say that Unfezant should be used instead of something like Sigilyph?

sonriopoby123
09-01-2012, 05:09 PM
NO REALLY?

I knew that Ice. OHGAWD SIGILYPH.

If you had White, I would've suggested Solosis. Gothita is weird.

Ice
09-01-2012, 05:10 PM
You were using "can withstand Ground types" as a reason for saying that Galvantula is better.

UbersSuck20
09-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Do you know what can drive me to saying Unfezant is better? Reuniclus outclasses Sigilyph in every possible way.

That's not to say Unfezant is a god, it's just a suggestion for replacing Swoobat.

sonriopoby123
09-01-2012, 05:15 PM
What I was saying is that Galvantula would be better by stats and type. Levitate is pretty useful on Tynamo, I will admit.

UbersSuck20
09-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Explain yourself please, Eelektross' 115 Atk and 105 Sp.Atk are great, and he also has access to Flamethrower, Dragon Claw, and most of all, COIL.
Galavantula is too weak to use special moves well. Speed and what else?

Dragonite
09-01-2012, 05:21 PM
What I was saying is that Galvantula would be better by stats and type. Levitate is pretty useful on Tynamo, I will admit.

Galvantula is much faster, but aside from that, Eelektross outclasses it in every way, shape, and form. It learns moves before evolving, uses TMs that make use of its 115/105 attacks, and has no weaknesses without the help of Gravity, Mold Breaker, etc.

sonriopoby123
09-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Galvantula has good Sp. Attack/Attack as well.
Forgive me, I meant to say Eelektross it has poor defenses. Levitate does help it with that though.

Dragonite
09-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Eelektross's defenses are both 80; Galvantula's are both 60.

The average for all fully evolved Pokemon is 83.

Now that I think about it, a Galvantula with Compoundeyes and Thunder isn't a bad idea, but Eelektross is still better.

UbersSuck20
09-01-2012, 05:28 PM
97 SpA is too weak to use Bug Buzz and Thunder.

And Galvantula's Attack is about the same as Blissey's Special Attack.

I think I'll make a "Eelektross vs Galvantula" thread.

sonriopoby123
09-01-2012, 05:33 PM
>Compoundeyes
I used one with Unnerve. It still PWNS. #LikeABoss

>too weak
Mine has both Bug Buzz and Thunder, and again, it PWNS.

>Same as Blissey's Special Attack
I say Attack because of Sucker Punch.

UbersSuck20
09-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Sucker Punch is gimmicky to use on Galvantula.

Dragonite
09-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Sucker Punch is situation. If it works, it works. If it fails, you lose a turn. It usually works in-game, though.

Ice
09-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Do you know what can drive me to saying Unfezant is better? Reuniclus outclasses Sigilyph in every possible way.

That's not to say Unfezant is a god, it's just a suggestion for replacing Swoobat.

I still find it funny that you think Unfezant is better. I also like how you are factoring in Reuniclus when discussing potential flyers. There are also other things such as Swanna (though that crosses types and I don't know how the TC feels about that) and Archeops, even if you are disregarding Sigilyph because of something else that isn't even involved here that are undeniably better than Unfezant, which is pretty much the worst flying type in B/W.

Dabottle
09-01-2012, 05:48 PM
The guy wanted to know if his ingame team was good, so you derailed the thread with silly arguments?
Everything except Purrloin is fine. Purrloin is awful. Replace it with anything else and you'll be alright! ^_^

As for Flyers: Archeops > Sigilyph > Swanna > Golurk (Screw Flying types ^_^)/Swoobat > Pidove.
I probably missed one. Don't shoot me.
EDIT: I forgot Braviary and Mandibuzz. ;_; Just slap them on at the end in that order. Legendaries don't count on that list, so don't mention them.

As for Electric types: IT'S INGAME! THEY'RE ALL PERFECTLY VIABLE. EVEN EMOLGA.

UbersSuck20
09-01-2012, 05:53 PM
I still find it funny that you think Unfezant is better. I also like how you are factoring in Reuniclus when discussing potential flyers. There are also other things such as Swanna (though that crosses types and I don't know how the TC feels about that) and Archeops, even if you are disregarding Sigilyph because of something else that isn't even involved here that are undeniably better than Unfezant, which is pretty much the worst flying type in B/W.

Ice, let me tell you something.

Unfezant has 105 Attack, and Sigilyph has 103 Special Attack. So suddenly, 103 > 105?
Unfezant has access to Brave Bird and Return, two great STABs.
Unfezant is better than Pidgeot in every way.
Unfezant has access to U-turn, and it also learns FeatherDance.

Sigilyph HAS to use Psychic as its main STAB, and Air Slash isn't all that great.

Both have no coverage moves though, so they are pretty bad.

Dabottle
09-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Ice, let me tell you something.

Unfezant has 105 Attack, and Sigilyph has 103 Special Attack. So suddenly, 103 > 105?
Unfezant has access to Brave Bird and Return, two great STABs.
Unfezant is better than Pidgeot in every way.
Unfezant has access to U-turn, and it also learns FeatherDance.

Sigilyph HAS to use Psychic as its main STAB, and Air Slash isn't all that great.

Both have no coverage moves though, so they are pretty bad.

Ubers, let me tell you something.

Unfezant has Normal/Flying coverage. U-Turn is bad ingame.
Sigilyph has Psychic, Flying, Ice, Electric, Grass, Ghost and Steel coverage. admittedly, some of this isn't until the postgame, but it's better than Pidove.
Sigilyph has Light Screen, Reflect, Calm Mind and Cosmic Power.

Unfezant HAS to use Return as its main STAB, and Brave Bird isn't all that great ingame.

Ice
09-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Also, why are you using Featherdance as some kind of major selling point?

UbersSuck20
09-01-2012, 06:03 PM
LP, Return, Brave Bird and U-turn are all it needs to wreak havoc. That is why Staraptor got banned from UU.
Also, Sigilyph can learn Thunderbolt and I don't know?

Featherdance is great in-game because the AI is so stupid it never switches out.

Dragonite
09-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Barring its ability, Archeops is better then Sigiliph and Unfeazant combined. It has an inappropriate amount of physical attack of 140 and a pretty good Speed of 110. It learns Acrobatics, Dragon Claw, Crunch, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Return, and a plethora of other physical attacks. And if you meet an opponent even Archeops can't handle, just switch out to someone else. We're talking about Serpavia's team here, not debating different Pokemon.

Ice
09-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Implying you'd need Featherdance ingame

UbersSuck20
09-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Nite, that Defeatist ability is what it screws it over.

Dabottle
09-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Staraptor has fantastic offensive stats, good abilities and Close Combat.
Sigilyph has Charge beam, which isn't great, but has a nice stat bonus. It also has Thunder Wave, apparently. I forgot to mention that. That instantly puts it above Unfezant.

Featherdance is alright, but not great when other things have it and Charm also exists. Sigilyph eventually gets Cosmic Power anyway (level 48). Featherdance is at level 44, btw. When will it be useful? By that point your team can steamroll everything.

UbersSuck20
09-01-2012, 06:11 PM
No. Just no.

Sigilyph is too frail to use Thunder Wave, and Cosmic Power is not good in-game. And, Featherdance exists because there are Pokemon that I can't see using Charm.

Dabottle
09-01-2012, 06:12 PM
>cosmic power is bad
>charm is bad
>featherdance is viable

Also, Sigilyph starts out with fantastic stats, while Pidove needs loads of training to be mediocre. It's like comparing Seth to Amelia.

UbersSuck20
09-01-2012, 06:15 PM
Okay, let's just finish this off-topic madness.

I'M NOT SAYING SIGILYPH IS BAD, I'M JUST SAYING THAT, IN MY OPINION, UNFEZANT IS A BIT BETTER.

Ice
09-01-2012, 06:23 PM
I know that you want to lay this to rest, but I just have to point out one thing about you using Brave Bird as a selling point for Unfezant. http://puu.sh/112F4

Serpavia
09-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Since most of you think I should get rid of purrloin, I traded a zekrom for an eevee on my pokemon white, maybe I could trade it to my pokemon black and replace purrloin with umbreon? And also about the swoobat, I checked to see which pokemon has higher stats, swoobat or sigilyph, and I'm choosing sigilyph which has higher stats. And I think that I'll choose litwick instead of... what was the fire type I used to be using again... oh yea, darumaka. No one complained about the oshawott so I'm keeping it. OK about the blitzle... I think I'll replace it with... um... I think I'll go with galvantula cause where am I supposed to get a thunderstone to evolve elektrik or however its spelled. And um what was the last pokemon... oh yea leavanny. Er let me check if any of you made suggestions for a replacement... only one suggestment which was venipede, let me check what poison is effective against... ok, this is a hard choice, but I think I'll go with venipede. OK I think thats all the pokemon... yup I think so. I think thats my final decision apart from the umbreon, gonna wait to see what people think of that until I make my final decision. By the way everybody can still choose a better pokemon than the others as long as it isn't one thats been suggested already.