PDA

View Full Version : H4xorz

sonriopoby123
09-01-2012, 01:04 AM
Let's face it. It's everywhere. Whether it be Pokemon, or Call of Duty, it's been done before. So I say, what do you think of hax? Do you think it's necessary? Or is it plain dumb?

I personally believe that hax are for n00bs. I don't like it. Not one little bit.

EDIT: loltitlefail

Minntul
09-01-2012, 01:21 AM
Hacking is fun if you literally have nothing left to do with the game, it adds a little replayability to the game doing unusual stuff you can never do. Using it on an online feature however, is incredibly stupid and makes you look like a terrible player.

Dragonite
09-01-2012, 02:04 AM
Yay, more essay writing time! I don't blame anyone who doesn't feel like reading it.

It depends on the circumstances and how the hacker uses their powers. I have a friend who likes to go on Mario Kart Wii and race like a normal person until a FTW hacker comes along, who hacks for their personal gain. It also reminds people that video games are just . . . games. I find it fun to race with, personally, and I don't mind that sort of hacking. Ten there are people who mess with the internal workings of the game, like "walk through walls" cheats in 3D games. I find that sort of pointless, but I don't care as long as the game developers don't care. Sometimes they even discover interesting beta elements and things. And ROM hacking can yield some very nice results, although I don't know if the game developers would be very happy about that at all.

And then there are hackers who hack for their personal gain. Especially in Pokemon, where soooooooooooooo many people just use Pokesav and AR codes to get themselves Mews and Deoxys and Shininess and perfect EVs and IVs and abilities and natures and Hidden Powers and everything in between. It completely kills the purpose of Pokemon being a game people play for fun. And besides, there's little statistical difference between my Pokemon that's been bred with a Ditto and an Everstone and a couple of Vitamins and a Pokemon that's been automatically generated in Pokesav.

Umbrony
09-01-2012, 03:59 AM
I always hack after I beat the game. But not on my wi fi copies. I usually buy both versions of a Pokemon game for example. One for my wifi and stuff, and the other to play through the story again, and to use action replay to experiment on.

Tuxy
09-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Ever since my Action Repaly permanentely destroyed my Mystery Dungeon 2 game, I don't use any sort of hacks anymore. Especially not in multiplayer, because this could also do damage to the other person's game (has happened to me before, nothing big, but a game glitched out a lot).

Ice
09-01-2012, 03:50 PM
And then there are hackers who hack for their personal gain. Especially in Pokemon, where soooooooooooooo many people just use Pokesav and AR codes to get themselves Mews and Deoxys and Shininess and perfect EVs and IVs and abilities and natures and Hidden Powers and everything in between. It completely kills the purpose of Pokemon being a game people play for fun. And besides, there's little statistical difference between my Pokemon that's been bred with a Ditto and an Everstone and a couple of Vitamins and a Pokemon that's been automatically generated in Pokesav.

I really hate it when people claim that this "kills the fun of playing Pokemon" or something along those lines. While EV training and breeding by hand may be enjoyable for some, for many it gets repetitive after a time and is made worse by Gen V forcing you to manually grind to level 100. Because of this, people will Pokegen things for Wifi so that they can actually enjoy the metagame with all the animations, etc. that Wifi brings. Like you said, there is very little difference statistically between a Genned Pokemon and a legitimately bred one.

Basically, I don't have much of a problem if people do it in single player because it won't really affect anyone else. As I said, I also find the hacking for things like Pokemon Wifi alright because it is generally accepted by most people and hacking for the things you could obtain legitimately doesn't affect much.

UbersSuck20
09-01-2012, 04:48 PM
I never use cheats, unless I want to catch Darkrai or Arceus.

The Arrow
09-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Hacking is generally only fun if you have nothing else to do in a video game, or you simply are tired of failing at a video game, which may or may not be a legitimate reason. I always used to use Action Replay for Pokemon games, but I don't anymore because I realized it's rather stupid and is a form of cheating at a game. Like anyone cares about cheating in a video game nowadays. :P

Shiningbolt
09-02-2012, 12:03 AM
The only time I am ever tempted to hack in a game is if I really have to or I feel some characters in a game don't have the potential they should have. Of course, I never do, anymore.

ShadowMr.L
09-02-2012, 12:40 AM
There are these things called "Pokemon Hack series" that I always used to watch which involved a lot of hacking. And I loved watching it. So if it's hacking Pokemon I've got no problem.

Dabottle
09-02-2012, 12:44 AM
If you're going to hack, do it correctly:
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2009/348/4/5/How_to_know_you_can__t_hack__by_Sorenthewindsage.p ng
Image © Urist.

Flubbs
09-03-2012, 04:47 AM
I really don't hack much besides Pokemon to EV train quickly. What do I think of it? I think that it's okay, as long as it doesn't affect others games. Illegally hacked stats in Pokemon, or hacking on any online game in general is the thing that bothers me. If it gives you an advantage that's not possible to reach normally, then it's not okay with me.

Hellwaker
09-03-2012, 05:06 AM
Hacking is fine is you do it on a game that is single player or you only play as single play because its your own game you are affecting... and it is fun.
Doing it in a competive sence(to better yourself) is just wrong but doing it in a muliplayer game where it doesn't really make it that un-fun for the other person and is just for fun is fine and often really funny.

Shantae
09-04-2012, 05:07 PM
I didn't posted here? Wow.

Anyways, I don't usually play any hack games or hack a game but with exception of Pokemon, and Mario Hacks (since it gives an alternative but still an interesting gameplay rather than playing the actual game). It pretty fun to mess around by hacking in single player games because you can play a different feeling for the game. But if I'm playing for online or multplayer games. It's a no-no because I feel myself being cheated and it's totally not fair to other people too. Overall, It depends what game that you feel to hack(mostly Singleplayer games) or playing an game that modified from a game to like a hack game (Like any Pokemon and Mario hacks).

Totodile
10-02-2012, 02:11 AM
Depends on the game. When there is a game like Halo, COD, and Mario Kart and people are cheating in multiplayer play then it get's annoying. When it is a game like Pokemon it doesn't really matter as long as they don't cheat on certain things like moves. But if you cheat on things like Ivs and Evs to the point that it is still natural then it's ok. It's when you cheat to the point that it isn't natural then that is when a hack can turn annoying.

Red
10-02-2012, 02:27 AM
I generally look down on hacking in multiplayer unless both parties are aware and approve of it. But in single player games, if I've already gotten all the standard experience from the game, sure I'll hack it and get the most fun possible(Like when I'm playing Left 4 Dead with a close friend of mine we would fly around spamming the hidden voice commands).