PDA

View Full Version : How's my HeartGold team?

Dragonite
09-01-2012, 04:19 PM
This is what I entered the Pokemon League with. Any thoughts, besides Splash and the HMs?

Meganium, Overgrow, L39 with the Miracle Seed, Cut, Flash, Magical Leaf and Earthquake.
Ampharos, Static, L39 with the Choice Specs, Rock Smash, Thunder Wave, Charge Beam and Charge.
Gyarados, Intimidate, L39 with the Shell Bell, Splash (seriously), Ice Fang, Waterfall and Surf.
Umbreon, Synchronize, L39 with the BlackGlasses, Dark Pulse, Quick Attack, Confuse Ray and Sand Attack (don't rightly know why that's there).
Arcanine, Intimidate, L39 with the Charcoal, Strength, Flamethrower, ExtremeSpeed and Reversal.
Dragonair, Shed Skin, L40 with the EXP Share or Dragon Fang, Aqua Tail, Waterfall, Whirlpool and Dragon Rush.

(I've already beaten the Elite 4 with them, and let's just say it did pretty well. I'm looking for opinions rather than strategies.)

Updated.

Meganium, Overgrow, L39 with the Miracle Seed, Cut, Flash, Seed Bomb and Earthquake.

Ampharos, Static, L39 with the Choice Specs, Rock Smash, Thunder Wave, Charge Beam and Charge.

Gyarados, Intimidate, L39 with the Shell Bell, Splash (replaced Dragon Dance), Ice Fang, Waterfall and Surf.

Umbreon, Synchronize, L39 with the BlackGlasses, Dark Pulse, Quick Attack, Confuse Ray and Psychic.

Arcanine, Intimidate, L39 with the Charcoal, Strength, Flamethrower, ExtremeSpeed and Reversal.

Dragonite, Shed Skin with the Dragon Fang (maybe Shell Bell later), Dragon Dance, Fly, Whirlpool and Dragon Claw (Outrage later).

UbersSuck20
09-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Meganium: I can understand Flash, but Cut.... just no.
Ampharos: Choice Specs and Charge Beam only? How about purchasing the Thunder TM from goldenrod?
Gyara: Splash for the win, baby. Surf kinda sucks off 60 SpA though.
Umbreon: If you want train a bit then defeat Janine and replace Sand-Attack with Toxic.
Arcanine: Nice use of Flamethrower, but replace Strength.
Dragonair: If you got the Dragon Pulse TM replace Dragon Rush with that attack.

Overall, good team.

The Arrow
09-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Cut and Flash aren't good moves to use on Meganium. You want to use defensive moves since that's Meganium's main stat to use with. Also Sand Attack on Umbreon? Not worth it.

Shantae
09-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Meganium, Overgrow, L39 with the Miracle Seed, Cut, Flash, Magical Leaf and Earthquake.
I understand why it's this current moveset. Soon or later, you'll need to replace Cut and Flash to a better moveset, like Reflect, Body Slam, or Light Screen, etc.
What Uber said. Charge Beam isn't a good electric move, tbh. I would prefer Thunder for better move.
Gyarados, Intimidate, L39 with the Shell Bell, Splash (seriously), Ice Fang, Waterfall and Surf.
Lol Splash. XD. However, Surf is not good to Gyarados by low Sp-Attack. Change it. But I understand why this current situation.
Umbreon, Synchronize, L39 with the BlackGlasses, Dark Pulse, Quick Attack, Confuse Ray and Sand Attack (don't rightly know why that's there).
Hmm, this interesting move set. So far this pokemon is good to go.
No changes, It's good to go
Dragonair, Shed Skin, L40 with the EXP Share or Dragon Fang, Aqua Tail, Waterfall, Whirlpool and Dragon Rush.
3 Water types moves? That odd, but you should get rid 2 water moves with a little better moveset (until Dragonite). I understand this current situation.

My statements are in Bold. Overall, I wonder why you have HM Moves in your Main Pokemon instead using at least 1-2 additional pokemon as HM Slaves. There are a few changes in movesets which is Ampharos, but this team pretty good to go.

BreeZaps
09-01-2012, 09:38 PM
This is what I entered the Pokemon League with. Any thoughts, besides Splash and the HMs?

(I've already beaten the Elite 4 with them, and let's just say it did pretty well. I'm looking for opinions rather than strategies.)

Splash lol. Cut and flash? Better off with a HM slave. Well I have nonething else to say... Nice In game team!

Umbrony
09-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Like I said

Any ingame team is fine. The Pokemon league isn't even that bad in this game in my opinion.

WTF SPLASH?

CriticalCalla
09-02-2012, 10:59 PM
Try to get Dragon Dance on you Gyarados so that Splash does more damage and you'll outspeed.