PDA

View Full Version : Fifty Shades of Grey

Patriot
09-08-2012, 01:43 AM
If you know what I mean...

Umbrony
09-08-2012, 01:50 AM
OH GOD WHY DID YOU START THIS THREAD...
You should have put a rating warning or something.

To be blunt, the female character is always seemingly having nice with that guy every page. Im not used to giving reviews on books. He sounds like some character from some sixteen year-olds dream fantasy. There is __ on every single page. Guys so perfect don't even exist. The main male character is a billionaire (not a millionaire but a billionaire) who speaks fluent French, is basically a concert level pianist, is a fully trained pilot, is athletic, drop dead gorgeous, tall, built perfectly with a decent Uhhhh, and the best lover on the planet. In addition, he's not only self made but is using his money to combat world hunger. Oh yeah, and all of this at the ripe old age of 26!
Yeah right.
I thought some sixteen year old girl wrote this book.

In short

My review is: Tone down on the uhhh... <_< ***... a bit.

sonriopoby123
09-08-2012, 01:55 AM
I don't even want to talk about it.
At least, not here......

Graph
09-08-2012, 02:01 AM
Most of the people here are like 9, they won't even know what this book is.

Patriot
09-08-2012, 02:10 AM
Considering this book was originally a cruddy Twilight fanfiction, you really shouldn't expect groundbreaking writing.

Ice
09-08-2012, 02:24 AM
****** Twilight fics are amazing literary works. They are some of the best writing I have ever seen and are up there with Emily's reviews.

Also, I like how you brought this up on a board populated mainly by <10 year olds.

Gyaradomo
09-08-2012, 03:09 AM
50 shades of gay. snuff said

Patriot
09-08-2012, 03:51 AM
50 shades of gay. snuff said

Lat time I checked, there wasn't any homosexual romance in the story.

SilkShadow
09-08-2012, 04:42 AM
Well i read the back cover and decided i wanted nothing to do with it. Im only 12 after all :/

Tuxy
09-08-2012, 09:57 AM
You may expect bad writing from a Twilight fanfiction, but not from one of the best-selling books of all time.
I have not read it. I know basically what is is about and plan on reading it in the future. Could be interesting...

Christian
09-08-2012, 07:08 PM
I have no idea what you're on about, can someone please explain..?
Is it something everyone is supposed to know and I am just an idiot or something? :/

Sammiiee13
09-10-2012, 02:03 AM
I have no idea what you're on about, can someone please explain..?
Is it something everyone is supposed to know and I am just an idiot or something? :/

Fifty Shades of Grey is the first of three books in a series. I have personally not read them yet, but I lot of my friemds have and loved them. It's not a book for the younger age group out there (no offence to anyone its just the truth) as to the nature of the storyline.

SilkShadow
09-19-2012, 12:32 AM
Most of the people here are like 9, they won't even know what this book is.
A point well made as always, Miss Steele
i actually started this out of curiosity. It sells well because most of americans are ___. The same reason ____ is the most searched for thing on the web.
not my type of book, to say the least.

Kyoits
10-02-2012, 02:39 AM
I think that I've read it before because the title sounds familiar but I don't remember anything about it.

Judge Mandolore Shepard
10-02-2012, 02:24 PM
While I have not read Fifty Shades of Grey, I have heard of it before. It was even mentioned once in my local newspaper.

joebob2311
10-19-2012, 07:52 PM
I learned about this book from my friend who stole it from his mom.