PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Theories!

HoennTrainerRuby
09-08-2012, 04:25 PM
I am gonna make some of my pokemon theories posted on here : D Lets start with my first one:

There are many debates about Red being Ash or Ash being Red, but I have my own Theory about whats behind Ash and Red's close appearance. When Pokemon Red/Blue came out you played as a kid, who's real name was unknown until the Pokemon Manga, so you knew you played as Red in Red/Blue. You know that an anime came out with Ash being introduced....But why did he resemble Red so much? Well, Nintendo wanted to make a similar look to Red so the viewers would recognize two people at once, and talk about them hoping for others to hear. Red's name is from the game so people would know about Pokemon Red. Then more people would see Red or Ash and maybe want to talk about one of them, making more curiosity for the games, leading to buying. So my Theory is that Nintendo did it for selling purposes.

Rival's Raticate

When playing Red/Blue you enter the SS Anne you encounter your Rival and battle him. He uses his Raticate in the battle. Next time you see him hes in the Pokemon Tower located in Lavender Town, the town for dead Pokemon to rest. He asks you if you know what it's like to have a Pokemon die. He sees you have no dead Pokemon, and wants to battle you. But in this battle his Raticate is not in his party. Many believe that his Raticate died and continued theories like on the SS Anne he couldn't get to a Pokemon Center on time and his Raticate didn't make it after the battle. I believe that he thought his Raticate was weak, and released it. He ask if you if you know about the feeling of having a a Pokemon die because he was at his granddad, Professor Oak's lab and made friends with a Pokemon there, Professor Oak did a experiment on it, and it went wrong and it died. Then your Rival brings it to Lavender Town to bury it.

HG/SS Giovanni Suicide

In HG/SS there is a Celebi event that you can battle Giovanni in after Celebi brings you to a point in time when Giavanni is about to go to Goldenrod to meet up with Team Rocket again from his hidden base behind a waterfall in Tohjo Falls. After you win against him, he leaves but you don't hear the normal door exiting sound, instead you hear a splash. Some believe that he suicides in the water. What I believe really happend was he walked to far out the cave, and fell into the waterfall, and had to swim his way out. Its not a big theory but I don't have much to work with implying none of his Pokemon know Surf Or Waterfall, nor be able to learn it but a a theory is a theory no matter how small.

Red's Silence

In the Johto games, there is a superboss. The superboss is Red, the protagonist of Red/Blue. When you talk to him on top/in Mt. Silver his line is a bunch of dots meaning silence before the battle. But why is that? Well in many games, the main protagonist didn't speak at. I think is because people might want to say but company's have no way of knowing what they want to say. Games like "Hey you, Pikachu!" you had to speak a ton of times before it worked. So, it would make sense for silence, and it was kept in the next game.

PC Box Animal Neglect

Pokemon was once accused of animal neglect because Pokemon could be stored in side a PC Box. Which was like a box, and Pokemon are like animals. Why was this? Well remember "Gotta catch em' all?" That is suppose to make players want to catch each new Pokemon. Since you can carry up to six pokemon with you at once, they invented the box so you can switch to different pokemon that you would need at different times like if you needed a ground type to beat Lt. Surge, you would go into your PC Box and switch Diglett for something else.

I will update this more when I come up with more Theories ^.^

Christian
09-08-2012, 04:27 PM
This is a good theory but I don't know..
Something I do know is that Gary would never let one of his Pokémon die.

HoennTrainerRuby
09-08-2012, 04:30 PM

He didn't....his granddad Professor Oak was doing an experiment to get more info about Pokemon, but it went wrong and it died, it wasn't Gary's Pokemon it was a Pokemon he became friends with in Oaks lab.

Dabottle
09-08-2012, 04:37 PM
There are many debates about Red being Ash or Ash being Red

No, there aren't.

HoennTrainerRuby
09-08-2012, 04:46 PM
No, there aren't.

I've seen rage wars about it. People make a big deal about it somtimes.

Dragonite
I can't help but believe that you're overthinking video games, especially one worked on by Mr. Miyamoto in the beginning.

About the theories, I don't really have any of my own. Wasn't the idea of the Pokemon games that you, the player, named Red by default, has assumed Ash's role and is going around Kanto to be the very best like no one ever was and all that fun stuff?

Pokemon dying by not being in the Pokemon Center when they needed to. I don't really know about that, doesn't your rival just have to jump off the ship and walk 50 feet down Vermillion City to get to one? I've never seen anything on future games that suggests that.

Ice
Ash is the (much worse) anime counterpart of Red. Aside from that, there is nothing similar about them and you are a horrible person for suggesting this because you are either trying to call Red utter **** or Ash good.

HoennTrainerRuby
09-08-2012, 05:06 PM
I can't help but believe that you're overthinking video games, especially one worked on by Mr. Miyamoto in the beginning.

About the theories, I don't really have any of my own. Wasn't the idea of the Pokemon games that you, the player, named Red by default, has assumed Ash's role and is going around Kanto to be the very best like no one ever was and all that fun stuff?

Pokemon dying by not being in the Pokemon Center when they needed to. I don't really know about that, doesn't your rival just have to jump off the ship and walk 50 feet down Vermillion City to get to one? I've never seen anything on future games that suggests that.

I'm alowed to make theories. Theese are my personal theories.

Tuxy
09-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Very interesting indeed... I don't believe they'd let a character committ suicide in a Pokémon game though. And Ash and Red are definitely not the same person!

HoennTrainerRuby
09-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Ash is the (much worse) anime counterpart of Red. Aside from that, there is nothing similar about them and you are a horrible person for suggesting this because you are either trying to call Red utter **** or Ash good.

I was never stating Ash was good, I was stating their similar apperence. I was just saying Nintendo did it for selling purposes. Money. Never said anyone sucked or ruled, I don't get where you thought that.

HoennTrainerRuby
09-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Very interesting indeed... I don't believe they'd let a character committ suicide in a Pokémon game though. And Ash and Red are definitely not the same person!

-damn it having to reply to people makes double posting- Yes, I am aware that Red and Ash are different people, they just look similar for selling purposes, that is it. Ash is anime Red is game/manga. I should do a Red silence theory : D

whiffet
09-08-2012, 05:36 PM
I've theorized that there was once a time when humans could understand Pokemon speech. The two actually speak the same language (I mean, a wild Pokemon can understand humans even if they've never spent time around them before!) but some sort of curse has prevented humanity from understanding Pokemon for a long, long time. Occasionally a Pokemon (Meowth) or a human (N) can break through this curse, but it's rare. This curse probably was put in place by Arceus for some reason. I'm thinking Pokemon perhaps were incredibly horrible to humans in the distant past and got away with it because of their powers, so Arceus cursed them to serve humanity and be unable to communicate any dissatisfaction with the arrangement. Trainers who see their Pokemon as friends and partners can understand them a bit, but if Pokemon are unhappy? They're stuck. Also, the Pokemon that weren't being horrible to humans were allowed to move to some kind of alternate dimension where they could build their own society: the Mystery Dungeon world.

Ridiculous? OF COURSE! :D When has that ever stopped wild theorizing?

Tuxy
09-08-2012, 05:41 PM
I've theorized that there was once a time when humans could understand Pokemon speech. The two actually speak the same language (I mean, a wild Pokemon can understand humans even if they've never spent time around them before!) but some sort of curse has prevented humanity from understanding Pokemon for a long, long time. Occasionally a Pokemon (Meowth) or a human (N) can break through this curse, but it's rare. This curse probably was put in place by Arceus for some reason. I'm thinking Pokemon perhaps were incredibly horrible to humans in the distant past and got away with it because of their powers, so Arceus cursed them to serve humanity and be unable to communicate any dissatisfaction with the arrangement. Trainers who see their Pokemon as friends and partners can understand them a bit, but if Pokemon are unhappy? They're stuck. Also, the Pokemon that weren't being horrible to humans were allowed to move to some kind of alternate dimension where they could build their own society: the Mystery Dungeon world.

I don't think this is ridiculous. This is actually a very interesting theory. I could actually also see that working as a official theory.

HoennTrainerRuby
09-08-2012, 05:44 PM

Well, before in the early anime, they showed how Meowth could talk. He was in love with another Meowth, learned how to talk by reading stuff like books, and watched people taking lessons on how to walk.

Dragonite
09-08-2012, 05:51 PM

I've never heard anyone wonder if it was the Pokemon that screwed up before. I like that theory, it makes sense. Just like you get annoying people that make fools of themselves and get away with it, why can't the same be true for other species?

HoennTrainerRuby
09-08-2012, 05:55 PM
I've never heard anyone wonder if it was the Pokemon that screwed up before. I like that theory, it makes sense. Just like you get annoying people that make fools of themselves and get away with it, why can't the same be true for other species?

That my friend, is what creepypasta's are for.

ShadowMr.L
09-08-2012, 06:38 PM
I pay attention to the Rival's Raticate theory out of all of it. It's just..very appealing to me.

HoennTrainerRuby
09-08-2012, 07:44 PM
I pay attention to the Rival's Raticate theory out of all of it. It's just..very appealing to me.

Appealing because a Pokemon dies?

Kamex
09-09-2012, 12:06 AM
I liked the raticate theory the most. It seems the most believable.

DeMrTeunio
09-09-2012, 12:19 AM
Most of these theories are quite hard to believe. I don't think Game Freak would include death and suicide in their games. Still, it's always nice to speculate about it.

Davismt
09-09-2012, 12:31 AM
Most of these theories are quite hard to believe. I don't think Game Freak would include death and suicide in their games. Still, it's always nice to speculate about it.

Well, there is something interesting to think about once you've read this, but, WARNING THIS IS A SPOILER!

In Black and White, you've got Ghetsis, right? Then when, however long elapses, two years I think? You go and face Ghetsis in Black 2 and White 2, but he is different. He wears all black, and is very grim.
But then, when you face him and see his sprite, you notice he is missing an arm and that side of his body seems to be paralyzed as he is smiling on one side, but not the other. Take a look: 652

That is really kind of creepy, but you know Nintendo...
You see? Therefore, saying that Nintendo would probably put in suicide if they really wanted to, and they would probably include Ratticate's death too.

HoennTrainerRuby
09-09-2012, 12:47 AM
Well, there is something interesting to think about once you've read this, but, WARNING THIS IS A SPOILER!

In Black and White, you've got Ghetsis, right? Then when, however long elapses, two years I think? You go and face Ghetsis in Black 2 and White 2, but he is different. He wears all black, and is very grim.
But then, when you face him and see his sprite, you notice he is missing an arm and that side of his body seems to be paralyzed as he is smiling on one side, but not the other. Take a look: 652

That is really kind of creepy, but you know Nintendo...
You see? Therefore, saying that Nintendo would probably put in suicide if they really wanted to, and they would probably include Ratticate's death too.

Theres also Lavender Town in its self.....

Ferrospike
09-09-2012, 01:19 AM
I personally think Red is Ash's older brother

Ice
09-09-2012, 01:42 AM
No, Ferro. That makes no sense.

CriticalCalla
09-09-2012, 01:48 AM
I personally think Red is Ash's older brother

I want to congratulate you for being the first person I gave negative rep to. You had to do something pretty stupid make me do that, but anyways CONGRATULATIONS!

Dragonite
09-09-2012, 01:51 AM
I want to congratulate you for being the first person I gave negative rep to. You had to do something pretty stupid make me do that, but anyways CONGRATULATIONS!

Keep your hair on. As one of my older teachers said, "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if it's completely off the wall."

Ferrospike
09-09-2012, 01:52 AM
No, Ferro. That makes no sense.

Well here just watch this too lazy right now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUIkGim2rDc

Oh how nice of you CC I was just stating my opinion

Spitfire
09-09-2012, 01:53 AM
Keep your hair on. As one of my older teachers said, "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if it's completely off the wall."

It's not an opinion. It's a fact that they're not related at best they're mirrored versions with altered personalities. They exist in separate dimensions of the Pokemon universe and Ash was based off of Red.

Ice
09-09-2012, 02:00 AM
I am not going to watch a video about a theory that could not be possible in the first place.

Ferrospike
09-09-2012, 02:02 AM
Well then Ice well just that list the facts that can make it valid but ok then. I'm just gonna say Red also may just be a Ghost

Ice
09-09-2012, 02:04 AM
I'm fairly sure you play as a ten-year-old boy, not a ghost.

Ferrospike
09-09-2012, 02:07 AM
I'm fairly sure you play as a ten-year-old boy, not a ghost.

When you fight him in Gen 2 Ice

HoennTrainerRuby
09-09-2012, 02:11 AM
Well then Ice well just that list the facts that can make it valid but ok then. I'm just gonna say Red also may just be a Ghost

NANANNANAN THEORY TIME! Some thing Red is a ghost that kills and feeds on souls, and goes to the heavens on the highest point, Mt. Silver Peack. But! This is not true, no! Red just went into the mountain to train his pokemon and made it to the top! Gold found him and battled! NUFF SAID.

Minntul
09-09-2012, 02:13 AM
When you fight him in Gen 2 Ice

Gold must have been tripping some serious balls, man.

CriticalCalla
09-09-2012, 02:15 AM
Oh how nice of you CC I was just stating my opinion

I'm not sure if you've heard the news. Facts and opinions are two completely different things. Here are some facts: In Pokemon Red and Blue, you start off a Boy or Girl living on your own with your mother. Red and Ash aren't the only mascots for Pokemon. There are several other iterations of Red and Ash. Are they all brothers? No. They are completely different stories of completely different people.

Who Red is: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Red_(game)

Who Ash is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ash_Ketchum

You should maybe look up some proper information before posting, but that's just my opinion :cool:

Ferrospike
09-09-2012, 02:15 AM
NANANNANAN THEORY TIME! Some thing Red is a ghost that kills and feeds on souls, and goes to the heavens on the highest point, Mt. Silver Peack. But! This is not true, no! Red just went into the mountain to train his pokemon and made it to the top! Gold found him and battled! NUFF SAID.

Well you guys seem not the grasp the idea of a darker theory but fair enough but why does he not talk even after you battle him. I think as a ghost he just waitted for someone to defeat him. When you beat him then he passes on

HoennTrainerRuby
09-09-2012, 02:16 AM
Gold must have been tripping some serious balls, man.

TRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPIIIIII IIIINGGGGGGGGGG BBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZ poor gold XD

Ice
09-09-2012, 02:17 AM
Red was a silent protagonist and remained a mute even in the sequels to his games.

Ferrospike
09-09-2012, 02:31 AM
Red was a silent protagonist and remained a mute even in the sequels to his games.

Its just a theory guys so don't give me crap because I think its possiable

whiffet
09-09-2012, 02:33 AM

Huh. Maybe it's just because the forum for my favorite webcomic practically has a tradition of ridiculous, supremely unlikely, downright insane speculation (to the point where the author squashed the most recent iteration of the "this person is related to this other person because their hair is slightly similar" theory preemptively) and I'm used to it, but I don't see how this speculation is stupid.

I think it's time for some truly insane speculation to show how far one can go, assume one really wants to. :D Not that anyone (usually) is serious when they take it this far.

A long time ago in the Pokemon world, when it was very similar to our world, an emotionally unstable teenage witch who happened to be a weeaboo grew angry at people for belittling her. Finally fed up, she decided to cast a spell that transformed humans all over the world into adorable, fearsome, or outright strange creatures. The only people who were spared were the Japanese and other weeaboos. Just before she did that, though, some other nerds accidentally summoned Cthulhu. Cthulhu started to go around causing madness and such, but when the person in front of him turned into a Skitty he thought it was completely adorable. Cthulhu called his buddy Arceus and was all, "Dude, you've got to check this out." So Arceus looked and was all, "Yeah, bro, this is amazing, I'm gonna get my family together and totally be the god of this place" but Cthulhu said, "No way bro, I saw it first" and turned himself into Mew so he could fit in with the awesome mood of the world. Arceus and Cthulhu/Mew argued for the rest of time over who the real god of the world was. Meanwhile the real Japanese and the foreign people-obsessed-with-Japan couldn't function with the rest of humanity gone. They discovered that the other group was actually really annoying, so they went to war and the Japanese lost. The survivors were banished to what eventually became the Orre region as punishment for not being tolerant of people's hobbies. In time what was left of humanity repopulated the world and rebuilt society. The transformed humans had descendants who had no memory of humanity, but they still had human souls. The winners of the War of Humanity decided it would be funny to make up a new history of the world, leave behind a bunch of "evidence" of this history, and teach the false history as truth to their kids.

So to recap, Pokemon are humans, Mew is Cthulhu, Arceus is Cthulhu's buddy, the Pokemon world is the result of someone really being upset that her interests/obsession was looked down on by society-at-large, and the history of the place was made up for lulz.

I feel like I could have gotten a lot more insane. Oh well.

HoennTrainerRuby
09-09-2012, 02:39 AM
Huh. Maybe it's just because the forum for my favorite webcomic practically has a tradition of ridiculous, supremely unlikely, downright insane speculation (to the point where the author squashed the most recent iteration of the "this person is related to this other person because their hair is slightly similar" theory preemptively) and I'm used to it, but I don't see how this speculation is stupid.

I think it's time for some truly insane speculation to show how far one can go, assume one really wants to. :D Not that anyone (usually) is serious when they take it this far.

A long time ago in the Pokemon world, when it was very similar to our world, an emotionally unstable teenage witch who happened to be a weeaboo grew angry at people for belittling her. Finally fed up, she decided to cast a spell that transformed humans all over the world into adorable, fearsome, or outright strange creatures. The only people who were spared were the Japanese and other weeaboos. Just before she did that, though, some other nerds accidentally summoned Cthulhu. Cthulhu started to go around causing madness and such, but when the person in front of him turned into a Skitty he thought it was completely adorable. Cthulhu called his buddy Arceus and was all, "Dude, you've got to check this out." So Arceus looked and was all, "Yeah, bro, this is amazing, I'm gonna get my family together and totally be the god of this place" but Cthulhu said, "No way bro, I saw it first" and turned himself into Mew so he could fit in with the awesome mood of the world. Arceus and Cthulhu/Mew argued for the rest of time over who the real god of the world was. Meanwhile the real Japanese and the foreign people-obsessed-with-Japan couldn't function with the rest of humanity gone. They discovered that the other group was actually really annoying, so they went to war and the Japanese lost. The survivors were banished to what eventually became the Orre region as punishment for not being tolerant of people's hobbies. In time what was left of humanity repopulated the world and rebuilt society. The transformed humans had descendants who had no memory of humanity, but they still had human souls. The winners of the War of Humanity decided it would be funny to make up a new history of the world, leave behind a bunch of "evidence" of this history, and teach the false history as truth to their kids.

So to recap, Pokemon are humans, Mew is Cthulhu, Arceus is Cthulhu's buddy, the Pokemon world is the result of someone really being upset that her interests/obsession was looked down on by society-at-large, and the history of the place was made up for lulz.

Theese are a bit more of fan fics than theories.... GOOBY PLS

Spitfire
09-09-2012, 02:42 AM
Its just a theory guys so don't give me crap because I think its possiable

It's not possible at all because Red... Just... You're basically saying right now 2 + 2 = Fish.

Ferrospike
09-09-2012, 02:44 AM
It's not possible at all because Red... Just... You're basically saying right now 2 + 2 = Fish.

Ah its called thinking outside the box

Ice
09-09-2012, 02:46 AM
Thinking outside the box =/= saying things that are canonically impossible could be true

Ferrospike
09-09-2012, 02:48 AM
Thinking outside the box =/= saying things that are canonically impossible could be true

Also not being narrow minded

Edit: Then you can call every theory in this thread bull because they can't be true

HoennTrainerRuby
09-09-2012, 02:50 AM
Also not being narrow minded

To get things how they are you need to think realistically.

Ferrospike
09-09-2012, 02:59 AM
To get things how they are you need to think realistically.
Just watch the Vid I linked you can see fact of a theory I believe has some truth in it

HoennTrainerRuby
09-09-2012, 03:04 AM
Just watch the Vid I linked you can see fact of a theory I believe has some truth in it

I've seen the damn vid.

Ferrospike
09-09-2012, 03:06 AM
I've seen the damn vid.

Ok I'm just gonna say this all theories in this thread are bull just simple as that. See I just thought realistic now get out of my face

CriticalCalla
09-09-2012, 03:40 AM

Keep that s*** in the fanfic section.

Only actual theory I could follow is the fact that Red may have killed himself after you beat him in HG/SS. After you beat him he just disappears and the only way out is either by walking by you or falling off a cliff. Game Freak could have easily showed him walking away. He also doesn't appear in any other Pokemon games.

Dragonite
09-09-2012, 03:43 AM
Keep that s*** in the fanfic section.
No comment.

Only actual theory I could follow is the fact that Red may have killed himself after you beat him in HG/SS. After you beat him he just disappears and the only way out is either by walking by you or falling off a cliff. Game Freak could have easily showed him walking away. He also doesn't appear in any other Pokemon games.

Except that you can actually rematch Red after you beat the Elite 4 (again) in HGSS. Unless you think he and his Pokemon are now ghosts.

Umbrony
09-09-2012, 04:31 AM
I was never stating Ash was good, I was stating their similar apperence. I was just saying Nintendo did it for selling purposes. Money. Never said anyone sucked or ruled, I don't get where you thought that.

Ash sucks. He is forever frozen at ten, the only thing changing being his voice.

Shantae
09-09-2012, 04:46 AM
Very interesting theories, right there! Especially the Raticate one, it's pretty appealing and surprising through! Maybe but not all of them. Theories can sometimes be true but it's hard to tell.

Ferrospike
09-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Very interesting theories, right there! Especially the Raticate one, it's pretty appealing and surprising through! Maybe but not all of them. Theories can sometimes be true but it's hard to tell.

Yeah its one that can be really true

The Arrow
09-09-2012, 04:52 PM
I think the one about the Raticate is true. All the other ones I don't necessarily believe in.

Kamex
09-09-2012, 08:31 PM
I have read up more on the gary's raticate theroy. You have killed his raticate, you have crushed his dreams of becoming a champion, you have also stole love from his own grandfather. and on top of all that, he's an orphan. Which makes YOU the ***, and not blue. It makes me feel like a jerk considering how many times I've played through Red/Blue/FireRed/LeafGreen.

Umbrony
09-09-2012, 10:49 PM
I have read up more on the gary's raticate theroy. You have killed his raticate, you have crushed his dreams of becoming a champion, you have also stole love from his own grandfather. and on top of all that, he's an orphan. Which makes YOU the ***, and not blue. It makes me feel like a jerk considering how many times I've played through Red/Blue/FireRed/LeafGreen.

Interesting theory, but...

Stole the love from his own grandfather..?

Okay, to be completely and bluntly honest...

Of Gary weren't such an *** and a stuck up jerk, maybe Professor Oak would pay more attention. If he acted more like Wally from R/S/E for instance, people would feel sorry for him, and he'd be the center of attention no matter if he wins or loses. People love Wally because of the way he handles himself in a situation. Even when he loses, he'll encourage you to keep going. Gary would get angry. I remember what he said in the Pokemon Tower...

"Hey _____, what are you doing here? Are your Pokemon dead? ! it moved! At least I can make them faint!"

I'm still a bit sore at Gary because I was NOT ready for that battle on my first playthrough of FR/LG.

who cares its just a rat, it's gonna die anyways if seen by the exterminator

UbersSuck20
09-10-2012, 04:41 PM

His Raticate died in RBYFRLG.

I don't know why people don't age in the anime.

HoennTrainerRuby
09-22-2012, 02:33 AM
His Raticate died in RBYFRLG.

I don't know why people don't age in the anime.

Mostly kids watch it. Kid's won't watch adults.