PDA

View Full Version : Deleting visitor messages.

BreeZaps
09-09-2012, 10:45 PM
You can delete your own visitor messages.

You can delete your Visitor Messages? Not from where I see it. I have been looking and so far no delete button. I have been waiting so long for this to be fix and I cant wait anymore. Can a Admin/Mod fix this?

The Arrow
09-09-2012, 10:55 PM
You can delete your own visitor messages. Simply go to one of your visitor messages, click Edit (beside Report), click Go Advanced (to the right of Save), check the box for Delete Options, and then click Save Changes.

BreeZaps
09-09-2012, 10:59 PM
You can delete your own visitor messages. Simply go to one of your visitor messages, click Edit (beside Report), click Go Advanced (to the right of Save), check the box for Delete Options, and then click Save Changes.

What about people that post on your wall? how can you delete there Messages?

Minntul
09-09-2012, 11:02 PM
I believe there are two definitions to this. One is to delete the visitor messages you made yourself. The second is to delete the visitor messages on your profile.

You can delete the visitor messages that you made, but not the ones on your profile. Personally, I'd like to be able to delete the visitor messages on OUR profiles. There is some stuff that bothers us and we would like to get rid of them. It's only fair that we can. As I stated before, they are OUR profiles and we'd like to have the freedom of deleting unwanted messages.

The Arrow
09-09-2012, 11:03 PM
What about people that post on your wall? how can you delete there Messages?

I don't believe you have the capability of doing that. The most power you have over another user's messages are to report them as far as I know.

BreeZaps
09-09-2012, 11:04 PM
I believe there are two definitions to this. One is to delete the visitor messages you made yourself. The second is to delete the visitor messages on your profile.

You can delete the visitor messages that you made, but not the ones on your profile. Personally, I'd like to be able to delete the visitor messages on OUR profiles. There is some stuff that bothers us and we would like to get rid of them. It's only fair that we can. As I stated before, they are OUR profiles and we'd like to have the freedom of deleting unwanted messages.

Yes mental, This what I mean. Thank You.

Umbrony
09-09-2012, 11:05 PM
I don't believe you have the capability of doing that. The most power you have over another user's messages are to report them as far as I know.

If another users' messages are harassing you are causing you harm in anyway, hit the report button, and type you explanation. A mod will see it, and your problem will be handled as soon as possible. There is no function for you to delete the messages of another user at the moment though. But as Mental and Tim stated, you can delete yours by clicking the 'delete' button over your message. Presto~!

(I do think we should be able to change the title of posts and delete others messages on our wall. I second this.)

The Arrow
09-09-2012, 11:07 PM
I'd make the assumption that they are going to add the feature of deleting another user's messages when the next rank becomes available, whatever that may be.

Minntul
09-09-2012, 11:19 PM
That would be a dumb thing to put into the next rank.

Deleting messages on your profile sounds like something you should be to do since the start to make things much easier instead of being a pain in the *** and probably having to make 1000 posts just to do that one extremely simple thing you wanted to do.

BreeZaps
09-09-2012, 11:21 PM
That would be a dumb thing to put into the next rank.

Deleting messages on your profile sounds like something you should be to do since the start to make things much easier instead of being a pain the *** and probably having to make 1000 posts just to do that one extremely simple thing you wanted to do.

Agreed. Im with mental all the way on this.

Patriot
09-09-2012, 11:39 PM
Are you saying you want the power to delete other people's user messages? Just no. That only goes for mods.

BreeZaps
09-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Are you saying you want the power to delete other people's user messages? Just no. That only goes for mods.

No just the ones on our wall

EpicCh33se
09-09-2012, 11:52 PM
You guys should know that anyone below gold rank cannot delete their own visitor messages.

Minntul
09-09-2012, 11:53 PM
That isn't what we're discussing now, Cheese.

BreeZaps
09-10-2012, 12:09 AM
You guys should know that anyone below gold rank cannot delete their own visitor messages.
We know that. Gold and crystal cant for some reason make us so we can delete our VMs.

The Arrow
09-10-2012, 12:33 AM
Now that you mention it, the idea of being able to delete ANY of the visitor messages on your profile should be entertained, however I don't think you should be able to delete any visitor messages anywhere. That doesn't make any sense. That's the mod's job anyway.

BreeZaps
09-10-2012, 01:01 AM
Now that you mention it, the idea of being able to delete ANY of the visitor messages on your profile should be entertained.

YES! this is what i mean.

Zachgoose
09-10-2012, 01:47 AM
I have added the feature to Crystal users to manage their own visitor messages. Thank you for the suggestion.

EDIT: The reason I am making this feature exclusive to Crystal users only is because it also includes the ability for them to edit messages posted on their page. It could be exploitable, so I am only giving this option to 100% trustworthy users. If you are not a Crystal user and want a message removed from your profile, please PM me and I will review it.