PDA

View Full Version : The Mew glitch in RBY

UbersSuck20
09-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Did anyone try to do this glitch?

This is what you have to do:

To acquire Mew at the earliest point possible in the game, the player must not have defeated the Swimmer in Cerulean Gym and the Jr. Trainer (the one who says "I saw your feat from the grass" when the battle with him begins) on Route 24 in the grass. The player must defeat the Trainers on Nugget Bridge as usual.

The player must have an Abra that can Teleport in their party, and therefore, if playing Pokémon Yellow, must have reached Route 5 to catch one or traded for one beforehand.

The player must first heal at the Cerulean City Pokémon Center, so they may Teleport there later. With an Abra in their party, the player then needs to stand north of the Jr. Trainer so that he is just below the screen. It is recommended that the player now saves the game. The player must move down until seen and immediately press the "START" button. The player then needs to Teleport with Abra. If done correctly, the Jr. Trainer should get the indicative exclamation mark above his head immediately before the player Teleports. At this point, the menu will not work until after the player enters a battle, though it is imperative to not battle.

The player then needs to head east from the Pokémon Center into the Cerulean Gym and battle the Swimmer. After defeating the Swimmer (the menu should be available upon victory), the player then must head to Route 24, and after several steps the menu will appear. Upon closing of the menu, a battle will begin with a wild Mew.
Method #1 (alternate method)

The player must follow the steps for Method #1 exactly until after teleporting from the Jr. Trainer. The player then must head north to Route 25 and battle the Youngster. As in Method #1, it is imperative to avoid all other battles before then. The player must engage in battle by being seen (and must walk along the wall to be seen, not towards him, otherwise the game will freeze).

After defeating the Youngster, the player then needs to walk towards Cerulean City. After a certain amount of steps, the Start menu will appear. Closing it should begin a battle against a wild Mew.

DeMrTeunio
09-11-2012, 07:12 PM
I only learnt about this glitch a couple months ago, and I haven't tried it out yet. This would be really cool to do, but it also requires quite a lot of work and planning, especially to catch Abra and to do everything in the right order. I guess I'll try to do this glitch soon.

Kamex
09-12-2012, 12:30 AM
I haven't tried it out yet but I guess when I'm bored as hell this weekend I will. (thank god for the fast forward button on emulators!) I have never encountered nor caught a mew. I will try this! *bookmarks*

Victini is cool
09-12-2012, 01:32 AM
I've done this so many times I battled other people and found different pokemon even the people in the fighting dojo and psychic gym!

Pokemon73
11-29-2012, 04:39 PM
uh probably not do the glitch but i will try to do it anyway

Umbrony
12-01-2012, 12:07 PM
I haven't tried it out yet but I guess when I'm bored as hell this weekend I will. (thank god for the fast forward button on emulators!) I have never encountered nor caught a mew. I will try this! *bookmarks*

Lol when he just found out about that old glitch

pikachumaster
12-01-2012, 02:58 PM
I found out about it a long time ago, but by then I was already on the Pokemon Leagur, I just came out of Victory Road.

BreeZaps
12-01-2012, 08:22 PM
At 1st I was thinking that it was anoher glitch someone made up but I was wrong. If I had the game I'll do this but I don't D=

Totodile
12-02-2012, 12:50 AM
I don't have a copy of any of those games so, oh well. Never tried it.

Austin
12-02-2012, 01:24 AM
I tried it, and it really works, it matched the description of the youtube video!

newsupermariobros
12-03-2012, 01:13 AM
I don't have the game but it seems like a weird glitch.I would try it if a I had the game.

Minntul
12-03-2012, 10:42 AM
I tried this a few years ago. It was fun to blast through Pokemon Yellow with Mew and being an unstoppable force.

I also find it really interesting how the glitch works too, about how Mew appears because of stat based stuff that had something to do with that trainers Slowpoke.

Judge Mandolore Shepard
12-03-2012, 03:00 PM
I have to admit that even though I have Pokemon Blue, I never actually have done that glitch.

The Arrow
12-08-2012, 04:27 PM
I've done it many times. It is so easy to screw up though.

Rocket
12-09-2012, 03:21 AM
Red/Blue was made before I was born. So, I don't do the glitch if I don't have it.

sonriopoby123
12-09-2012, 07:18 AM
Even though I have Yellow, I never tried this glitch. Wish I could've done this before I lost my GameBoy. -_-"

Spacey
12-09-2012, 08:05 AM
I never tried it and the game is so old I don't think I ever will :/

TheTrainerExpert
12-09-2012, 04:45 PM
I haven't tried it yet, but I shall one day if I'm bored or if I really want to do it.