PDA

View Full Version : Game Rating Session 2: The Walking Dead

CaptainRed1000
09-18-2012, 03:36 AM
Apparently no one had anything to suggest for me last time, so I'm just gonna choose another game that I've played and enjoyed from personal experience. Please remember that you can rate the game yourself and/or choose a game you've played and enjoyed for me to rate in the replays section below.

The Walking Dead:
In all of the games I have played that relates to the dead rising, The Walking Dead stands out as being the most graphic and most realistic ever. The Walking Dead is a five episode point-and-click roleplaying game, based on Robert Kirkman's award winning comic book series The Walking Dead, and is played in a third person perspective. The player takes the role of a new character named Lee Everett, a convicted murderer and history teacher. Characters from the original comic book series, such as Glenn and Hershal Greene, make appearances throughout the series. Each episode has a two month delay between each release, the first being realeased in April 2012 on all platforms (see below), with the exception of the iOS version. The first three episodes have been released.
The game was developed by Telltale Games inc. and was released to the following platforms:
*Mac OS X
*Microsoft Windows
*Playstation 3 (Playstation Store)
*Xbox 360 (Xbox Live Arcade)
*iOS
There will be a second season will follow the first five episodes, sometime in 2013.

The gameplay, despite being a point-and-click adventure, is amazing. The player is forced to make decisions that will affect their relationship with the other characters. Every decision has its consequence, so make your decision wisely. There are so many sudden twists to the storyline and so many times the player must act fast in order to survive (ie. fighting a guy with a gun without a gun, getting jumped by a zombie, or "Walker" as they are reffered to). A small, but easily explained, flaw is within the dialogue, where unlike other games, you aren't given an unlimited amount of time to respond. Personally, I don't mind this because it adds to the realism of the scenario.
The player can interact with people and items, and can solve very subtle puzzles.
The storyline has a bit of action at the beginning, but according to Kirkman, the series was more to do with story and emotion rather than action.
There are next to no visible laws within the game.

The graphics are really good, the storyline and gameplay are amazing. Overall, it is a great game, and I really recommend it to anyone who likes intense moments and situations.

Final Rating: 9.8/10

CaptainRed1000
09-18-2012, 05:21 AM
Also, a *cough*thankyou*cough* to Ice and MegawesomeONE for their "suggestions" on the first session.