PDA

View Full Version : Wait Wut

sonriopoby123
09-24-2012, 03:59 AM
The Roleplay section you guys made was a waste of time.
The RP's there are worth post count, and Fanfic/RP should be together.
You guys didn't need to make an ENTIRE section for it. I was thinking you guys made that for the RP'ers in the chatterbox.

Minntul
09-24-2012, 07:04 AM
okay sonrio but you're wrong

Merga
09-24-2012, 11:22 AM
The thing about the roleplay section is that the people who are joining these roleplays seem like they are joining because they want to boost their post count instead of actually contributing to the story at hand. If you notice, people are only writing 1-2 sentences that hardly count as adding on to the story, instead of the recommended paragraph that adds detail to what is going on.

Take Lyra's "The Shadow Bandit" for example. The story has almost 800 replies, and 97% of the posts there are only 1-2 sentence posts that add almost nothing to the story. It almost looks like the members don't care about making a good roleplay, and they only care about how much more posts until crystal rank. I'm glad that this happened, maybe it will encourage people who join these roleplays to actually make meaningful additions to them.

Also:

I was thinking you guys made that for the RP'ers in the chatterbox.

I have no idea why you would think that, because that chatbox does not count to post count (if it did, some people would have over 20,000 posts already). The mini roleplay thread on the forum games already takes care of that problem.

Red
09-24-2012, 02:47 PM
^This x100

You're not in an RP for the post count. You're in it for the experience. I'm personally glad this change was made because it'll keep all the little kids who want posts out of roleplaying thus getting rid of the **** posts in them. Hopefully this'll lead to more "good" roleplays being made and getting the recognition they deserve.

Judge Mandolore Shepard
09-24-2012, 02:56 PM
I would have to say that while I am happy that the Roleplays got separated from the Fanfictions, I am disappointed that in the RP section the posts don't count towards the post total. It is not right that that the good RPers have to suffer from this because of bad RPers. In Lyra's Shadow Bandit RP, the good RPers included Lyra, X, Ferro, CaptainRed, sonrio, and myself. Our posts usually had around 5-7 sentences, not 1-2 sentences. So I would have to say I have found separating the RPs from the Fanfictions as being both a good thing and a bad thing at the same time.

Red
09-24-2012, 05:57 PM
I would have to say that while I am happy that the Roleplays got separated from the Fanfictions, I am disappointed that in the RP section the posts don't count towards the post total. It is not right that that the good RPers have to suffer from this because of bad RPers. In Lyra's Shadow Bandit RP, the good RPers included Lyra, X, Ferro, CaptainRed, sonrio, and myself. Our posts usually had around 5-7 sentences, not 1-2 sentences. So I would have to say I have found separating the RPs from the Fanfictions as being both a good thing and a bad thing at the same time.

I would have to say that while I am happy that the Roleplays got separated from the Fanfictions, I am disappointed that in the RP section the posts don't count towards the post total.

I would have to say

http://puu.sh/18fhH

Please tell me I'm not the only person who's noticed this.

Dabottle
09-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Another set of sub-forums are not a power of two? It hurts! : (

Uzi
09-24-2012, 10:32 PM
The Roleplay section you guys made was a waste of time.
Give me 5 reasons
The RP's there are worth post count, and Fanfic/RP should be together.
They are not worth post count. As you can see a lot of people had a massive drop in post count
You guys didn't need to make an ENTIRE section for it. I was thinking you guys made that for the RP'ers in the chatterbox.
That rarely happens now and when it does they get jumped on instantly for doing so and get linked to the RP thread in the Pointless Forum Games forum.

dunkmaster ozzie

Ice
09-24-2012, 11:11 PM
Yay, 1-2 sentence "RPing" no longer counts towards posts. Imo that's good, because it was pretty obvious that most of the people would just hammer out thoughtless crap for +1 posts. I also like how now that "RPing" doesn't drive you towards the next rank people's efforts to actually continue their RPs seem to have weakened. More proof.

Davismt
09-24-2012, 11:51 PM
I'm also glad this happened. People don't deserve to be getting more posts from posting 1-2 sentences on a roleplay just so they can get more instead of contributing. Maybe the roleplays will be better now.

sonriopoby123
09-24-2012, 11:51 PM
I really don't care about post count.
And now, I'm starting to wonder why I made this thread in the first place......
I was half asleep. And this thread is a whole mess. The RP's do have 1-2 sentences, but a few people were actually doing pretty well. PokeZone came in and started talking about how we need to make more descriptive post. I know that. I've been in TONS of RP's. I have been doing that. I admit, I have done some 1 sentence posts, but what would you do? You can't god-mod the other person, you can't just warp back to another place, and you can't go spammy.

I now have changed my reasoning. A Mod can lock this thread.

Umbrony
09-25-2012, 12:40 AM
I saw some (a) gold user(s) go below 250 posts. It really is a shame how some people spammed. Yes, I think it's fair.

Roxas
09-25-2012, 01:16 AM
I agree with Nova.....