PDA

View Full Version : Edited post that were the last post in a thread show up as new.

HoennTrainerRuby
09-27-2012, 12:50 AM
Lets say you need to post something new in one of your threads. The last post in it is by you. It would be un-fair to wait for someone else to post because your thread might of died. If you edit it and its the last post made it should be put was a new post so you can click a button to go to the thread. Its good so threads don't die from not being able to double post.

Red
09-27-2012, 01:25 AM
This is a really good idea to me. I would love to have this feature so I won't have to double post in my stream thread constantly.

Merga
09-27-2012, 01:26 AM
In my opinion, it would be too much chaos, and it could be classified as bumping if abused. I don't think this is a good idea because rules could be violated. You could just edit one insignificant period to a thread just to revive it for no good purpose other than the original poster going "I CAN'T LET THIS AWESOME THREAD DIE!!!", which is classified as bumping.

sonriopoby123
09-27-2012, 01:45 AM
I think this is a great idea. I don't want to double or triple post in my threads like The Interviewer or My Pokemon Journal. I think this idea would be nice, but after what Mega said, it does seem it could be abused also.

HoennTrainerRuby
09-27-2012, 02:08 AM
Abusementship can lead to a temporary ban maybe?

Glace
09-27-2012, 02:09 AM
I agree with Mega and Sonrio.

It depends whether users abuse the privilege or not.

HoennTrainerRuby
09-27-2012, 02:12 AM
Reason for editing can be required. Thees ways to prevent abuse.

Patriot
09-27-2012, 02:50 AM
Abusementship can lead to a temporary ban maybe?

Then half of the forum would be banned. Way too easy to abuse.

Glace
09-27-2012, 03:30 AM
Then half of the forum would be banned. Way too easy to abuse.

Now this idea is going downwards. I guess the main verdict for now is a big fat NO. But maybe if you added more, it would start to be seen in a different light.

Red
09-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Why not make it so it sends people who are subscribed to the thread a notification. It would be similar to making it look like it has a new post but it doesn't display it for everybody. It'd give that feature a good use again and it's much more subtle than just showing up for everybody forum-wide as a new post.

BreeZaps
09-27-2012, 01:22 PM
Why not make it so it sends people who are subscribed to the thread a notification. It would be similar to making it look like it has a new post but it doesn't display it for everybody. It'd give that feature a good use again and it's much more subtle than just showing up for everybody forum-wide as a new post.

I love that idea red. =D

Umbrony
09-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Yeah, I'd love to have this as a feature so that I can edit my fanfics. ^_^

Zachgoose
09-27-2012, 02:20 PM
If you have important new content to contribute to a post, it is acceptable to double post. This is normally exclusive to the creative section, but it could be applicable to the others as well if it is justified.

Good example of double posting:

#1 "Hey guys I'm going to start my Fire Emblem play through now."
#2 "I completed the first three chapters. *insert useful description of stats, experiences, and images of the first three chapters*"

Bad example of double posting:
#1 "ok i just bought okami today."
#2 "it is a good game."

The second example should just be an edit, while the first example provides new content that it is important for users to notice. Use your own judgment when deciding whether your new information is "bumpworthy" or not.